immigration.......

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » April 19th, 2006, 6:24 am

^^ I feel you on that Streets. Just like so many minorities, you will see a lot of Asian men turn down the road of substance abuse. Well, Asians in general like to drink, but it's crazy how many stories I've seen of men who turn down the road of being a hardcore alcoholic because they can't handle living in US society. Same way with a lot of Mexican fathers, Dominican fathers. White fathers can be alkies but there's a support system, I feel, and more forgiving surroundings.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » April 19th, 2006, 6:45 am

Basically, the people who don't fight for respect, who do not get angry and protest out loud... end up taking to self-medication or self-destruction. Many black and brown communities are destroyed from the inside due to substance abuse. This takes away the self-respect that will prevent the communities from earning respect from others!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 19th, 2006, 9:10 am

streetsIswatchin wrote:For the asian thing... Yo EVN, i didnt say those stereotypes were true. But thats how most whites think. You think i'm being a paranoid muthaf**ka but you know what homie this is the truth. I'm from compton but i been around the block. I been to other states i also been out of the country a few times. I knew many white people...and privatley this is how they think. I've talked with alot of them about racial issues and if your a plain reasonable man and have some kind of intellegence you can only confirm this.
What i say about asians is that they never raise their voice on any issue...asians getting an education solves everything. Let me tell you that this is not true. Theres also a thing called Quality of Life. RESPECT, is high on the list of issues concerning quality of life and asians do not get any respect from whites. I do not know why asians dont address this. What do you think that mexicans and blacks are fighting for? What do you think most asians think mexicans and blacks are fighting for?? Welfare? affirmative action? they probably dont even know.
Man, we are fighting for RESPECT. We want to be looked at EQUALLY. Dont look down on us for any reason look us straight in the eye...thats what we struggle for. Asians need to step up to the plate....Asian-Americans.
GwunTwo...i know about Tiananmen Square, that was a long time coming. China and chinese needed a protest like that 30 years before it happened in 1989. Millions of chinese were starved to death during Mao's rule, because of his stupid communist plans he went ahead with. I can go on and on about china...Cannibalism on a wide scale, protests were loong overdue. Besides i'm not talking about all asians in general i'm talking about Asian-Americans. Its not the same protesting in your own country where you look like everyone else and you cant be targeted so easily. Here in the U.S. if you protest, you cant just slide back into society and blend in. I'm sure all of you saw the news and saw the backlash against mexicans and their flag waving. You think that protest is over? not by a longshot...days after the protest white people were outraged and calling up radio talk shows...talk show hosts were debating it and on a daily personal level, white people were looking at mexicans with contempt. "How dare they"...is what they must have been thinking.
What i'm saying is that protests are neccessary, even if you pay a price for them. Sometimes you have to kick up some dust if you wanna be seen and heard. Mexicans cant just let it ride and let the rest of the country think they'll take all this crap about illegal aliens nshit. No one is an alien on earth. I dont care what the stupid government says.
I'm feeling all the shit you sayin streets. keep preachin.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 19th, 2006, 9:28 am

I'm not feeling streets. Basically he's saying imo that:

1. All Whites are openly or secretly prejudiced and is he also asserting that racism is only restricted to white people (as if the ability to think or behave in a prejudiced or racist manner is restricted to a lack of melanoma found in a human's epidermis)?

and

2. All Asians who don't act out are secretly wussies who will eventually destroy themselves through drugs and alcohol because of pent up tensions.

Is anyone taking this seriously? I'm not. And the reason is because it's not true. Malarkey.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 19th, 2006, 10:24 am

I'm feeling the you have to stand up for yourself part. You know this is true.

GWUN TWO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GWUN TWO » April 19th, 2006, 12:09 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:Its not the same protesting in your own country where you look like everyone else and you cant be targeted so easily. Here in the U.S. if you protest, you cant just slide back into society and blend in.
So I guess not being able to blend into society is worse than getting your head bashed open by a shield or club.

Honestly, I think you should just shut up. It seems like you are more racist and ignorant than the white people you talk about.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 19th, 2006, 12:59 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:Let me break it down about the whites....i'm not trying to say all white people are racist, but they do look down at every other race.
Ya that made sense... :roll:
you should try it sometime, you might like it. Rough times but close families and even closer friends. The lows are low but the high's are high. White people are just brought up different socially. I've had many white homies that love the mexican life, black ones AND filipinos too. It all depends if your willing to open yourself up.
Most whites aren't willing, their too narrow minded.
That part I agree.

Hm.... I would say most, but not even close to all, whites are raised like that - materialistic. But then most people period are raised to be materialistic....

But people forget... there are more poor whites than there are poor blacks. By number, not percentage of course, but by numbers.

Why? People forget between the two coasts there is a huge hunk of faming rural lands where most people are poor. Not even "white trash," but simply poor.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 19th, 2006, 1:17 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:What i say about asians is that they never raise their voice on any issue...asians getting an education solves everything. Let me tell you that this is not true. Theres also a thing called Quality of Life. RESPECT, is high on the list of issues concerning quality of life and asians do not get any respect from whites. I do not know why asians dont address this. What do you think that mexicans and blacks are fighting for? What do you think most asians think mexicans and blacks are fighting for?? Welfare? affirmative action? they probably dont even know.
Man, we are fighting for RESPECT. We want to be looked at EQUALLY. Dont look down on us for any reason look us straight in the eye...thats what we struggle for. Asians need to step up to the plate....Asian-Americans.
Ah.... I know what you mean now, AND I COMPLETELY DISAGREE

It's simply a matter of methodology of gaining respect.

You see, which minority has the most repect "by whites?"

You said it yourself, Asians do.

I noticed this not just in race relations but in general..... since we're talking about stereotypes here, I will list generalizations

Blacks and Mexicans don't just try to gain respect, they want to show every single person on the planet that they're gaining respect. It's like a big "Hey look at me struggle and/or fight" sign over their heads.

This is even on a daily basis. When someone disses me and this person's a joke I don't even respond, I just walk right over their head, BUT if they attack me physically first, I take them down with a quickness, but in the "cleanest" way possible, usually a joint lock so it doesn't damage them too much (still want to be moral). But most of the time when I see Blacks or Mexicans getting dissed (not saying all) it's like "What?! What?!" and they start asking for their head up and talk about "I'ma take that nigga's/bitch's fade" every five seconds all loud to make sure everyone else within a mile knows about it. Plus if they moved to the suburbs like I did from somewhere known as "tougher," it's "I'm from Bompton/Compton muhfuka."

The difference? SELF-respect versus tryign to directly get outside respect without much self-respect. Instead of caring about the truth or how one looks in God's eyes, care about how others think of you.

And ironically, some people SHOUT "I don't care what no one thinks!" Doesn't saying that, especially shouting to make sure what everyone hears it, contradict itself???

Now, why do Asians seem to have less racism against them?

Respect from others only comes after self-respect. For example, Mexican kids have been protesting but DITCHING THE SAME SCHOOL THEY ARE FIGHTING TO STAY AT??? (contradiction) This shows more care about being seen than about actual self-respect, which is why no one will respond to that.

If they had protested within school and before/after school, it would have more results.

As for those who think Asians are pushovers physically, and these people physically attack me first, I shall gladly bring enlightenment :wink:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 19th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Cold Bear wrote:^^ I feel you on that Streets. Just like so many minorities, you will see a lot of Asian men turn down the road of substance abuse. Well, Asians in general like to drink, but it's crazy how many stories I've seen of men who turn down the road of being a ######## alcoholic because they can't handle living in US society. Same way with a lot of Mexican fathers, Dominican fathers. White fathers can be alkies but there's a support system, I feel, and more forgiving surroundings.
There's a big difference between substance abuse and drinking.

My dad and uncles can drink all day and night on holidays and the next day be completely unaffected and not drink until those times. Korean, Japanese, and some of the Chinese cultures have drinking as something to do with manhood, much like the old west. lol my aunt actually was concerned I didn't drink enough

And yet no one in my family was an alchohalic, and I have only seen one person "drunk."

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 19th, 2006, 1:25 pm

GWUN TWO wrote:
streetsIswatchin wrote:Its not the same protesting in your own country where you look like everyone else and you cant be targeted so easily. Here in the U.S. if you protest, you cant just slide back into society and blend in.
So I guess not being able to blend into society is worse than getting your head bashed open by a shield or club.

Honestly, I think you should just shut up. It seems like you are more racist and ignorant than the white people you talk about.
streets, it's interesting how you talk about how white people are wrong and you shouldn't care about what the white man does, yet everything you have said on this forum was based on "But what will the white people think????"

If anything, you seem to be the most affected by white racism.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » April 19th, 2006, 1:35 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
Cold Bear wrote:^^ I feel you on that Streets. Just like so many minorities, you will see a lot of Asian men turn down the road of substance abuse. Well, Asians in general like to drink, but it's crazy how many stories I've seen of men who turn down the road of being a ######## alcoholic because they can't handle living in US society. Same way with a lot of Mexican fathers, Dominican fathers. White fathers can be alkies but there's a support system, I feel, and more forgiving surroundings.
There's a big difference between substance abuse and drinking.

My dad and uncles can drink all day and night on holidays and the next day be completely unaffected and not drink until those times. Korean, Japanese, and some of the Chinese cultures have drinking as something to do with manhood, much like the old west. lol my aunt actually was concerned I didn't drink enough

And yet no one in my family was an alchohalic, and I have only seen one person "drunk."
EVN, I know that, that's why I went outta my way to start off "asians in general like to drink BUT" There's a healthy way to enjoy alcohol and there's an unhealthy way. A non-supportive, depressed environment (the hood) is prone to encourage the second one. Look at where the alcohol is sold, what type of alcohol is sold for how much, where the alcohol is drunken, what are things to do while drunk? Suburban alcohol use and abuse and innercity alcohol use and abuse is two different things, and I know many a homie with a father who could not deal with life in the US who started 'living in the bottle', in a real way, as opposed to it being a cultural thing.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 19th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Those who oppressed blacks and Mexicans still reign supreme over us American government and the ciriollos in Mexico (not even counting the other latin countries). The middle East hasn't been conquered, and Asia hasn't totally been conquered, should we take this into account as why we act out differently in similar situations? And I'm talking about having an oppressor constantly guiding your culture, stifling it from it's true absolute form.

And acting loud and obnoxious expresses a persons lack of self-respect, but acting apathetic or hushing yourself cause your scared also shows a lack of self-respect... it's just the polar opposite. Don't you think so EVN?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 19th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Cold Bear wrote:EVN, I know that, that's why I went outta my way to start off "asians in general like to drink BUT" There's a healthy way to enjoy alcohol and there's an unhealthy way. A non-supportive, depressed environment (the hood) is prone to encourage the second one. Look at where the alcohol is sold, what type of alcohol is sold for how much, where the alcohol is drunken, what are things to do while drunk? Suburban alcohol use and abuse and innercity alcohol use and abuse is two different things, and I know many a homie with a father who could not deal with life in the US who started 'living in the bottle', in a real way, as opposed to it being a cultural thing.
I see, yes there is alchohal abuse in many

Sad to see many prefer escape from reality than changing or enduring reality

What's hard to imagine is people with everything going for them that do that. I've been on both ends, success and failure, and I can honestly say that if either one lasts long it's hard. For the bottom end, it's obvious why (poverty) but for the top it's more interesting, existential. It's a realization that after you attain a goal, it didn't bring you completion/joy like you thought it would. You hear about celebrity drug addicts all the time.

This goes back to the root of injustice and evil thing... it's bigger than the results of the cause (poverty, depression) because the source is still there.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 19th, 2006, 5:22 pm

perongregory wrote:Those who oppressed blacks and Mexicans still reign supreme over us American government and the ciriollos in Mexico (not even counting the other latin countries). The middle East hasn't been conquered, and Asia hasn't totally been conquered, should we take this into account as why we act out differently in similar situations? And I'm talking about having an oppressor constantly guiding your culture, stifling it from it's true absolute form.

And acting loud and obnoxious expresses a persons lack of self-respect, but acting apathetic or hushing yourself cause your scared also shows a lack of self-respect... it's just the polar opposite. Don't you think so EVN?
Asia was completely punked in the past both by other Asian countries and by Europeans, who also oppressed most Asian country's way of life.

"actin apathetic or hushing yourself cause your scared"

please. If North Korea finally loses it and we have a war I would volunteer on the drop of the penny. As for here in America, if another LA Riots happens where Asians are harrassed, I would be there even if it costs my my job and my health/life to help. I am apathetic of nothing except what? Except of things with no consequence. For example whoknows has exhibited ignorance of so many cultures and religions and displayed unrational insulting behavior, but I am in no way motivated to find him - it's not only just on the internet but who cares what he says or thinks, at this point I'm dusting the dirt off my feet and going right over/past it, he is of no consequence.

Hushing yourself? I hardly view dominating technology and automobile industries as "hushing yourself." Both of which by the way were American inventions.

I'll put it this way since I ran track for a little while

If on a 400 you start passing someone up, and they turn and start shouting insults at you, how do you react?

Are you going to be distracted and start shouting back which will lead to both of you slowing down?

Are you going to stop and push/hit/fight him so that neither of you finishes the race and someone else finishes and you lose along with the idiot you could have beat?

Or are you going to keep passing him up and win?

Trophies speak louder than words.

Now on the other hand, if someone out of nowwhere kicked me or something, I push him out of my way, or else I couldn't run (explaining my volunteering earlier) but after that I keep racing.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 19th, 2006, 5:25 pm

If a 3 year old hit you, would you ask for his head up?

Of course not, right? I mean he's a 3 year old.

You certainly aren't scared are you? But have more self-respect than to fight a child.

Take that in a larger context.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 19th, 2006, 5:33 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
perongregory wrote:Those who oppressed blacks and Mexicans still reign supreme over us American government and the ciriollos in Mexico (not even counting the other latin countries). The middle East hasn't been conquered, and Asia hasn't totally been conquered, should we take this into account as why we act out differently in similar situations? And I'm talking about having an oppressor constantly guiding your culture, stifling it from it's true absolute form.

Asia was completely punked in the past both by other Asian countries and by Europeans, who also oppressed most Asian country's way of life.

"actin apathetic or hushing yourself cause your scared"

please. If North Korea finally loses it and we have a war I would volunteer on the drop of the penny. As for here in America, if another LA Riots happens where Asians are harrassed, I would be there even if it costs my my job and my health/life to help. I am apathetic of nothing except what? Except of things with no consequence. For example whoknows has exhibited ignorance of so many cultures and religions and displayed unrational insulting behavior, but I am in no way motivated to find him - it's not only just on the internet but who cares what he says or thinks, at this point I'm dusting the dirt off my feet and going right over/past it, he is of no consequence.

Hushing yourself? I hardly view dominating technology and automobile industries as "hushing yourself." Both of which by the way were American inventions.

I'll put it this way since I ran track for a little while

If on a 400 you start passing someone up, and they turn and start shouting insults at you, how do you react?

Are you going to be distracted and start shouting back which will lead to both of you slowing down?

Are you going to stop and push/hit/fight him so that neither of you finishes the race and someone else finishes and you lose along with the idiot you could have beat?

Or are you going to keep passing him up and win?

Trophies speak louder than words.

Now on the other hand, if someone out of nowwhere kicked me or something, I push him out of my way, or else I couldn't run (explaining my volunteering earlier) but after that I keep racing.
How bout I put it this way. Me, you, and streets are on a team. The team leader of the team has punked us into running the 400 when we really wanted to do other events. He says, "this is what you have to do cause I say so. This is the only real track and field event, so stop bitching and run it cause I say so, and I'm the team leader...I'm bossin shit." We all know it's wrong, but you decide well, whatever I'll just continually run this 400 get trophies, make the leader happy, and my family happy. Me and streets say you know what? Fuck you team leader. You aint right. We don't run the 400, didn't want to run the 400, and we're not gonna be silent and let you boss us around, just to have some inconsequential trophies to parade around with and blow your shit up. So we bitch (since thats what most people wanna call it) cuss, fight until someone takes note. Then we go about doin the events we are good at, and what we intended to do before the "leader" hijacked shit.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 19th, 2006, 5:35 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:If a 3 year old hit you, would you ask for his head up?

You certainly aren't scared are you? But have more self-respect than to fight a child.

and who is supposed to be the 3 year old in the larger context?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 19th, 2006, 5:50 pm

perongregory wrote:How bout I put it this way. Me, you, and streets are on a team. The team leader of the team has punked us into running the 400 when we really wanted to do other events. He says, "this is what you have to do cause I say so. This is the only real track and field event, so stop bitching and run it cause I say so, and I'm the team leader...I'm bossin shit." We all know it's wrong, but you decide well, whatever I'll just continually run this 400 get trophies, make the leader happy, and my family happy. Me and streets say you know what? fu-- you team leader. You aint right. We don't run the 400, didn't want to run the 400, and we're not gonna be silent and let you boss us around, just to have some inconsequential trophies to parade around with and blow your shit up. So we bitch (since thats what most people wanna call it) cuss, fight until someone takes note. Then we go about doin the events we are good at, and what we intended to do before the "leader" hijacked shit.
Well I like the 400... lol

but seriously, I didn't mean the 400 that way, I just thought running in general.

By the way, in the case above, I would take your side.

But who says there is a "team leader"? This isn't high school, you can start your own team. Like everyone on here keeps emphasizing, a lot of Asians own their own business. Then you can do any event you want.

If my team beats everyone, do I have to respond to all the haters? We respong with victory.

I don't like Kobe, I think he's a selfish punk, but this was a good advertisement:

read the words on the left

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 19th, 2006, 5:52 pm

perongregory wrote:
EVN - I'm just me... wrote:If a 3 year old hit you, would you ask for his head up?

and who is supposed to be the 3 year old in the larger context?
With enough self respect, anyone and possibly every one could become a three year old in context. A three year old can't harm you. Mental harm (ie lack of respect) can only come if you let it affect you like (sorry I can't find a better word) like a beyotch. If you don't let the three year olds punches affect you, they won't.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 20th, 2006, 8:40 am

Being the white man's little cronie is not respect. You guys act like you dont live on this planet. Asians never say nothing and thats why white people like them.
Dude, EVN...so i guess you feel good about yourself because the white man is more excepting of your race....haha...typical asian thought. Sad shit but hey what can i say...? i told you so? well i didnt but i should have.
No self respect...and that i dont respect. I dont know whats up with my far east brothers. Its either denial, or they just openly accept that white people are superior and they must conform.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 20th, 2006, 9:40 am

So what was the fundamental psychological change that created this difference in attitude between Asians that remained in the mainland, and those who crossed the Berring Strait to later on become the indigenous of the Americas? Cause Native Americans are still fighting the "white man" too? At least from what I've seen.

What do you think EVN?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 20th, 2006, 12:18 pm

Cronies? Uh... no, we're DOMINATING the most important fields right now, how is that in any way "cronies"???

Japan, India, China right now are the only countries with the ability to really take away America's dominance. Look at the automobile industry - Asian cars are really dominating, everyone knows Hondas and Toyotas and now Hyundais are efficient and reliable/longlasting.

And technology/electronics is a no-brainer, we own those industries. How many of you still have a non-Asian tv? Exactly.

fighting? We're beating the white man at his own game. Those technologies listed were invented by him and we stole his game.

Respect? I'm not kissing any white man's ass and I don't work for a "white man" anyways so I have enough self-respect to not care what false dilusions if any racist whites have. It's like watching a drug addict tell me I'm turning green and purple. Obviously I'm not so I could care two shits less what stupid ideas this person has. And that's including you, I don't work for a white man and I already presented reasoning so after that any more comments about it are 3 year old punches.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 20th, 2006, 12:55 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:Being the white man's little cronie is not respect. You guys act like you dont live on this planet. Asians never say nothing and thats why white people like them.
Dude, EVN...so i guess you feel good about yourself because the white man is more excepting of your race....haha...typical asian thought. Sad shit but hey what can i say...? i told you so? well i didnt but i should have.
No self respect...and that i dont respect. I dont know whats up with my far east brothers. Its either denial, or they just openly accept that white people are superior and they must conform.
Maybe they could learn how to hate with the proper vigor from you streets?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 20th, 2006, 1:46 pm

perongregory wrote:So what was the fundamental psychological change that created this difference in attitude between Asians that remained in the mainland, and those who crossed the Berring Strait to later on become the indigenous of the Americas? Cause Native Americans are still fighting the "white man" too? At least from what I've seen.

What do you think EVN?
The thing is the Native Americans have a lot more issues right now and they were the first here so of course they will have more issues to fight, and I support them all the way.

Asians on the other hand don't have much to fight against anymore. The main thing is people, usually whites, talk trash about how we are stealing jobs, at a lot of places where we end up replacing people, but so what let them hate. I am secure enough to know this is just jealousy.

Outside of necessity, fighting for the purpose of fighting is really sounding like a rebel without a cause looking for one. For example, I know peple used to say, and still say, weaves and stuff are an example of the white man's brainwashing and black girls should be as nappy as they can or some shit. There are a lot of issues that come into this. See, if they really do feel uncomfortable with their own bodies, then I agree, this is wrong. But some just like wearing weaves and shit and/or getting their hair done, even white girls get their hair done, so what. It's just as much brainwashing to tell them that they shouldn't wear weaves if they want to. This afro-centric trend obviously didn't last (look around) because at its heart, most of the people in it were just mindlessly trying to identify/prove themselves just for the sake of of doing it.

Like I said, If anything comes up with Korea or if Asians are harrassed like they were in the LA Riots and stuff then I will be all over it. If another big war breaks out and Asians are discriminated like in World War II then I will be the first to march and demonstrate. But right now it's just talk, and talk is cheap.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 22nd, 2006, 9:33 am

Whenever you isolate an issue and you point out obvious things that have to do with bigotry you get people who call YOU a racist for pointing out facts. Shatterhand, according to you theres no such thing as average whites having racist feelings. You know thats not true, If only all the white racist were KKK members and skinheads the world would be better off. They would be easily identifiable. Average white people look down on other people...Go out and see it for yourself, its on TV in the mall at the grocery market. Let me put it to you this way, whenever a black or a mexican are in a white area...it would feel like you being in a richer more afluent area. If your not wearing proper rich people designer brands you are gonna get looked at funny. You roll up in a medium priced family sedan and their driving up in mercedez and bmw's. You know that their going to look at you and think..."this guy does not belong here"...
For minorities, your ethnicity or the color of your skin become those non-designer brand clothes and non-fancy automobile. Thats as best as i can explain it to a non minority.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 22nd, 2006, 10:06 am

EVN your way wrong if you think asia is dominating right now. Cars? Electronics? manipulating your own people and making them work hard and long to produce efficient automobiles for the world is not domination. Computer chips are produced in china, india, and many other far east nations...but they only get paid a fraction of what those computer chips earn.
American companies come out on top, cheap labor and technology in asia...made by asians, benifitting american companies. Continued investment with these earnings will keep America on top in the technolical field for quite some time.
You say you'd protest today if some war broke out and asians were being discrimnated or abused right? Well, Asia and the middle east will become the place where ALL of America's future wars will be fought. So you might get a chance to prove yourself someday. The thing is, Asians might not have the backing of other minorities if thousands and thousands of U.S. soldiers are being sent to fight asians in asia.
You will always be an Asian living in america, you will never be an american. An American is white.
Officially you are....but when the chips are down, your gonna be just some asian.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 22nd, 2006, 5:25 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:EVN your way wrong if you think asia is dominating right now. Cars? Electronics? manipulating your own people and making them work hard and long to produce efficient automobiles for the world is not domination. Computer chips are produced in china, india, and many other far east nations...but they only get paid a fraction of what those computer chips earn.
American companies come out on top, cheap labor and technology in asia...made by asians, benifitting american companies. Continued investment with these earnings will keep America on top in the technolical field for quite some time.
?????

Look at your TV. Right now. I took statistics so I'm willing to bet that it's either a Japanese or Korean or at the very least non-American brand.

Same bet goes for your phone and if you have one cell phone.

Probably even your CD player.

Look at the most popular and most stolen (demand is the same) cars. Asian.

Besides X-Box, do you know of any major American consoles?

Now for China and some other places I agree that there is labor abuse, but saying that all Asians work for Americans is BS.

Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Sony, LG, Motorola, Samsung, Panasonic, Nintendo, Sega, Yamaha and countless other brands that everyone on here buys from are all ASIAN.
You say you'd protest today if some war broke out and asians were being discrimnated or abused right? Well, Asia and the middle east will become the place where ALL of America's future wars will be fought. So you might get a chance to prove yourself someday. The thing is, Asians might not have the backing of other minorities if thousands and thousands of U.S. soldiers are being sent to fight asians in asia.
You will always be an Asian living in america, you will never be an american. An American is white.
Officially you are....but when the chips are down, your gonna be just some asian
Maybe I will get that chance. When (and I do pray when) North Korea is liberated, should this be done with war, I will be out there, and if it's soon I may even get to post stuff up on here for you.

As far as saying when the chips are down stuff... if that's true then that's true for everyone - all people are depreciated by others in any country when the chips are down. Look at the Great Depression.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 22nd, 2006, 7:37 pm

Evn, american companies own high stakes in all of those companies you just mentioned

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 22nd, 2006, 8:07 pm

To be speicifc - these company's stocks are in high demand by American companies

As in the American companies want and depend on these Asian companies

As in Asians dominate these markets

As in Asian companies have officially been pimped
:lol:

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 23rd, 2006, 7:37 pm

dude, first of all what nationality are you? i know your asian but that doesnt mean nothing....i wanna know what asian nationality you are.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 23rd, 2006, 11:20 pm

Korean.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 24th, 2006, 4:36 am

North Korean.

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”