Why cant non-whites create valid societies?

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 22nd, 2006, 5:13 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:arabs in northern africa are considered african...but are not black. Egypt for example was not black. Alot of people think they were black...they were arabs. They actually were enemies of the more southern Nubian Nation who were black. Nubia conquered Egypt for a while and Egypt conquered Nubia....ongoing wars back then.
Exactly. The Egyptian/Arab thing might have some doubt but whatever they were since ancient times they were deifinitely not black.

It's mostly NOI and similar groups and people that have pushed this since Egypt is considered the "model-Africans"

Nubians have a different dialect and accent and are discriminated along with all other blacks in Egypt.

They have a candy in/from Egypt called "the head of a slave" - when they sell it in Arab markets hear they call it an "Angels Head" in English but the Arabic is still "the head of a slave"

- It's a chocolate ball

That speaks volumes.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » April 22nd, 2006, 7:56 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:arabs in northern africa are considered african...but are not black. Egypt for example was not black. Alot of people think they were black...they were arabs. They actually were enemies of the more southern Nubian Nation who were black. Nubia conquered Egypt for a while and Egypt conquered Nubia....ongoing wars back then.
In order to come to that conclusion, you would have to ignore alot. Starting with the archaeological and anthropological evidence of the Sphinx and the pyramids in addition to the works of Dr. Leaky and Dr, Diop.

You would also have to ignore the Egyptians themselves?
They themselves claim they came from “the mountains of the moon” which is said to be somewhere near present day Uganda.

You would also have to ignore the similarities between Egyptian culture with other black cultures?
1. divine kingship (found nowhere else)
2. Cicumcision ands excision (found nowhere else)
3. Totemism(found nowhere else)
4. Ancestor worship
5. Matriarchy(found nowhere else)
6. Mummification, embalming that is(found nowhere else) http://www.fulcrumtv.com/blackmummy.htm

You would have to ignore the Egyptian Language:
Studies have shown that Wolof and Yoruba as as close to the ancient Egyptian language as Coptic is. Throughout the ancient city of Meroe, all of the temples, pyramids and monuments are covered with African languages older than anything extant.
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/egypt_lang.html

You would have to ignore ancient historical Greek scholars such as Pliny, Erastothenes, Plutarch, Diadorus, Herodotus, and others. Eyewitnesses that saw and recorded what they saw.

The Ethiopians say that the Egyptians are one of their colonies, which was led into Egypt by Osiris. They claim that at the beginning of the world Egypt was simply a sea but that the Nile, carrying down vast quantities of loam from Ethiopia in its flood waters, finally filled it in and made it part of the continent. . .They added that the Egyptians have received from them, as from authors and their ancestors, the great part of their laws.'
===================================
Diodorus of Silicy, about -63 to +14, Greek historian and contemporary of Caesar Augustus.

Ammianus Marcellinus writes: ". . . the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny and dessicated look".
39-Ammianus Maarcellinus, Book XXII, para 16 (23).

"Those who are too black are cowards, like for instance, the Egyptians and Ethiopians. But those who are excessively white are also cowards as we can see from the example of women, the complexion of courage is between the two."
(Aristotle (384-322 B.C.), Greek philosopher, scientist, and tutor to Alexander the Great, Physiognomy, 6)

The evidence of Lucian (Greek writer, 125 B.C.) is as explicit as that of the previous writers. He introduces two Greeks, Lycinus and Timolaus, who start a conversation.

Lycinus (describing a young Egyptian): "This boy is not merely black; he has thick lips and his legs are too thin . . .
his hair worn in a plait behind shows that he is not a freeman."

Timolaus: "But that is a sign of really distinguished birth in Egypt, Lycinus, All freeborn children plait their hair until they reach manhood. It is the exact opposite of the custom of our ancestors who thought it seemly for old men to secure their hair with a gold brooch to keep it in place."
=======================================
(Lucian, Navigations, paras 2-3)
Lucian Greek writer, +125 (?) to +190.

Appollodorus, first century before our era, Greek philospher. 'Aegyptos conquered the country of the black-footed ones and
called it Egypt after himself.'
=======================================
32-Appollodorus, Book II, 'The Family of Imachus' paras 3 and 4.

Voney, who travelled in Egypt between +1783 and +1785, i.e. at the peak period of negro slavery, made the following observation:

"All of them are puffy-faced, heavy-eyed and thick-lipped, in a word, real mulatto faces. I was tempted to attribute this to the climate until, on visiting the Sphinx, the look ofit gave me the clue to the enigma. Beholding that head characteristically Negro in all its features, I recalled the well-known passage of Herodotus which reads: 'For my part I consider the Colchoi are a colny of the Egyptians because, like them, they are black-skinned and kinky-haired'.

Volney adds:

"but reverting to Egypt, its contributions to history afford many subjects for philosphic reflection . What a subject for mediation is the present-day barbarity and ignorance of the Copts who were considered born of the alliance of the deep genius of the Egyptians and the brilliance of the Greeks, that this race of blacks who nowadays are slaves and the objects of our scorn is the very one to which we owe our arts, our sciences and even the use of spoken word and finally recollect that it is in the midst of the peoples claiming to be the greatest friends of liberty and humanity that the most barbarous of enslavements has been sanctioned and the question raised whether black men have brains of the same quality as those of white men!
======================================
42-M.C.F. Volney, Voyages en Syrie et en Egypte. Paris, 1787, Vol. I, pp. 74-7

So what we have is a people on the continent of Africa, who practice an african religion, and african customs, who learned their political system from Africans, who were grouped with other Africans by historians, eyewitnesses that saw and recorded that they were black, yet they weren’t black.

Fortunately, Pharaohs have immortalized ancient black civilizations on such a grand and colossal scale that the truth is there for all who honestly seek it.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 22nd, 2006, 7:58 pm

Egyptians were and always have been of arab blood. along with morrocco libya and sudan...all the tribes that lived along the northern tip of africa have always been arab. The arabs started moving into africa, and as EvN said...enslaved blacks long before whites did. They even used Africa as a spring board to conquer Spain.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » April 22nd, 2006, 9:50 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:Egyptians were and always have been of arab blood. along with morrocco libya and sudan...all the tribes that lived along the northern tip of africa have always been arab. The arabs started moving into africa, and as EvN said...enslaved blacks long before whites did. They even used Africa as a spring board to conquer Spain.
The original Egyptians were not Arabs. The Arabs invaded Egypt in approximately 650 AD.

http://www.website1.com/odyssey/week6/fyi.html

The only reason Egypt is now a part of the Arab world is because Sadat aligned Egypt with them (the Arabs) for geopolitics and economical reason not cultural.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 23rd, 2006, 1:09 am

^ Ya...

But the original Egyptians weren't black either, they were just Egyptian.

I know of only 2 Egyptians that look like the old Egyptians today though, the rest just look like Arabs or Whites or are Nubian.

Nubians were always considered "spereate" as you can tell from Ancient Egyptian artwork - there was only one Pharaoh I can name off the top of my head that had a Nubian wife, and she was a slave he set free to marry (I can hear some women going "aww" reading this lol)

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » April 23rd, 2006, 4:44 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:^ Ya...

But the original Egyptians weren't black either, they were just Egyptian.

I know of only 2 Egyptians that look like the old Egyptians today though, the rest just look like Arabs or Whites or are Nubian.

Nubians were always considered "spereate" as you can tell from Ancient Egyptian artwork - there was only one Pharaoh I can name off the top of my head that had a Nubian wife, and she was a slave he set free to marry (I can hear some women going "aww" reading this lol)
You are confusing race with ethnicity. Egyptian is an ‘ethnicity’… Nubian is an ‘ethnicity’. I guess you never heard of ‘Black Nubians’ either.

Let me put it to you this way, I have a friend who is Belizean, he told me he never saw himself as black until he came to this country (USA). He went on to explain that in Belize they see themselves as an ethnicity (just Belizean)… not as a race. When you are on an island to yourself you don’t think in these terms. It’s no different with the Egyptians.
It is true that the Egyptians regularly distinguished themselves from foreigners living around them. But they did so in political terms, not in racial terms.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 23rd, 2006, 10:33 am

Egyptians were black, they thought of themselves as their own special race above all others though. Why is the denial ever so present? You have ancient historians who've met, seen, and interacted with ancient Egyptians, who describe and consider them black, but here I am, 3000 years later, and to me, they were white, Arab, their own race, alien or whatever silly shit I want to believe as long as they're not black.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 23rd, 2006, 12:14 pm

Tre wrote:You are confusing race with ethnicity. Egyptian is an ‘ethnicity’… Nubian is an ‘ethnicity’. I guess you never heard of ‘Black Nubians’ either.
?????

Um basically ALL NUBIANS ARE BLACK what are you talking about?
Tre wrote:Let me put it to you this way, I have a friend who is Belizean, he told me he never saw himself as black until he came to this country (USA). He went on to explain that in Belize they see themselves as an ethnicity (just Belizean)… not as a race. When you are on an island to yourself you don’t think in these terms. It’s no different with the Egyptians.
It is true that the Egyptians regularly distinguished themselves from foreigners living around them. But they did so in political terms, not in racial terms.
Uh.. NO

Egypt to this day HAS A HUGE RACIAL DIVISION.
Don't try to tell me about Egypt, my closest friends are Egypt.

Egyptians who consider themselves Arab or even Caucasians in some cases consider themselves different from Nubians

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 23rd, 2006, 12:20 pm

We're not talking about Arabs. This is like us discussing the race of the Native Americans, and you saying Americans are white, or they can be any race...duh, but we're not talking about the modern American who was shipped here, immigrated here, took over the land, etc., we are talking about the racial makeup of the Native Americans. Ancient Egyptians, before the Arab invasion of Egypt in the 7th century, were black. read some Herodotus or pliny, ancient Greek and Roman historians, they say the Egyptians were black. Real Egyptologist know, I've even spoken with one about it. Prob. I'll post the conversation up later.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 23rd, 2006, 12:22 pm

perongregory wrote:Egyptians were black, they thought of themselves as their own special race above all others though. Why is the denial ever so present? You have ancient historians who've met, seen, and interacted with ancient Egyptians, who describe and consider them black, but here I am, 3000 years later, and to me, they were white, Arab, their own race, alien or whatever silly shit I want to believe as long as they're not black.
Look at me with a straight face and tell me these people are black:

And you should see their parents, they're REALLY white, these guys are in track so they get a tan and they're still ike this.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 23rd, 2006, 12:26 pm

Can you not read? Egypt has been under Arab rule since the 7th century. Romans, hyskos, Arabs, Greeks have all mixed in and helped to exterminate that culture, plus an Arab occupancy of the country for 1400 years? Come on man. I'm not talking about who rules and owns that country now, I'm talking about the people of Ancient Egyptians, the first Egyptians if you will.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 23rd, 2006, 12:31 pm

perongregory wrote:We're not talking about Arabs. This is like us discussing the race of the Native Americans, and you saying Americans are white, or they can be any race...duh, but we're not talking about the modern American who was shipped here, immigrated here, took over the land, etc., we are talking about the racial makeup of the Native Americans. Ancient Egyptians, before the Arab invasion of Egypt in the 7th century, were black. read some Herodotus or pliny, ancient Greek and Roman historians, they say the Egyptians were black. Real Egyptologist know, I've even spoken with one about it. Prob. I'll post the conversation up later.
Same thing as last post:

Only Akhenaton's mother was Nubian:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 23rd, 2006, 12:33 pm

perongregory wrote:Can you not read? Egypt has been under Arab rule since the 7th century. Romans, hyskos, Arabs, Greeks have all mixed in and helped to exterminate that culture, plus an Arab occupancy of the country for 1400 years? Come on man. I'm not talking about who rules and owns that country now, I'm talking about the people of Ancient Egyptians, the first Egyptians if you will.
I was still getting pics for the "arab-now" post so I missed that one.

But my most recent post was the Ancient Egypt, before any invasion. Nubians were aways considered seperate.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 23rd, 2006, 12:34 pm

By the way that last sculpture was Queen Tiye, she has a big love story since she was a lower class servant/slave but the prince married her anyways for love and stuff.... I can hear some girl reading this going "awwwww" ahhaha

I think she was the only Nubian royal figurehead (either king or queen)

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 23rd, 2006, 1:06 pm

I can't post the pics I wanted to, for some reason, but probably later. So let's attack this from a view point your familiar with, the biblical viewpoint.

You're chrisitan, so at least do you believe the Bible about Egypt? Miziram one of the sons of Ham, the forefather of the black race, is the forefather of Egypt. "Israel also came into Egypt...the land of Ham." (Psalm 105: 23). No let me guess you're only gonna be christian when it suits you, and right now it doesn't so the bible must've meant something else. Those Ancient historians must've been wrong. But some Arabs who conquered the land in the 7th century, and some racist must be right.

Oh, and it's funny how those Olmec heads look straight up African (you know the stereotypical African everyone accuses the Egyptians of not looking like, therefore, thinking they validate their claims that they are not black), but they can't be west African. Post up some pics of Egyptians that could just be light skinned blacks, or possibly semites, and we hear, "see, they're not black, they're light skinned, they don't have this, or that." Anything to say blacks aint shit.

Anyways, back to the biblical ish. Tell me how the bible is wrong about this one, oh ye faithful christian. And don't forget, Shem is the forefather of the semites, arabs and hebrews.

miz'-ra-im (mitsrayim):

(1) A son of Ham, and ancestor of various peoples, Ludim, Anamim, etc. (Genesis 10:6,13; 1 Chronicles 1:8,11).

See TABLE OF NATIONS.

(2) The name of Egypt.

See EGYPT.

The land of Ham.--cham, was another name for the land of Egypt. It occurs only in Psalms 105:23,17; 106:22; Psalms 78:51 probably refers to the land of Ham, though it may refer to the children of Ham. The origin and significance of this name are involved in much obscurity. Two improbable etymologies and one probable etymology for Ham as a name of Egypt have been proposed, and the improbable ones very much urged:

(1) Ham is often thought to be a Hebrew appropriation of the Egyptian name "Kemt," a name for the "black land" as distinguished from "desherr," the red land of the desert which surrounded it. This etymology is very attractive, but phonetically very improbable to say the least.

(2) Ham has sometimes been connected directly with cham, the second son of Noah whose descendants under the name Mitsraim occupied a part of Northeastern Africa. But as there is no trace of this name among the Egyptians and no use of it in the historical books of the Old Testament, this can hardly be said to be a probable derivation of the word.

(3) There is a third proposed etymology for Ham which connects it ultimately but indirectly with Ham, the second son of Noah. Some of the earliest sculptures yet found in Egypt represent the god Min (Menu; compare Koptos by Professor Petrie). This god seems also to have been called Khem, a very exact Egyptian equivalent for Cham, Ham, the second son of Noah and the ancestor of the Hamitic people of Egypt. That Ham the son of Noah should be deified in the Egyptian pantheon is not surprising. The sensuality of this god Min or Khem also accords well with the reputation for licentiousness borne by Ham the son of Noah. These facts suggest very strongly a trace in Egyptian mythology of the actual history of the movements of Hamitic people.

(4) While the preceding division (3) probably states the real explanation of the early name of Egypt, it still remains to be noted that the use of the name Ham by the Psalmist may be entirely poetic. Until it be found that the name Ham was applied to Egypt by other writers of that period it will ever be in some measure unlikely that the Psalmist was acquainted with the mythological use of the name Ham in Egypt, and so, in equal measure, probable that he meant nothing more than to speak of the land of the descendants of Ham the son of Noah.

See also HAM.

ham (cham; Cham):

1. The Youngest Son of Noah:

The youngest son of Noah, from whom sprang the western and southwestern nations known to the Hebrews. His name first occurs in Genesis 5:32, where, as in 6:10 and elsewhere, it occupies the second place. In Genesis 9:18 Ham is described as "the father of Canaan," to prepare the reader for 9:25-27, where Noah, cursing Ham for having told Shem and Japheth of his nakedness, refers to him as Canaan. On account of this, it has been suggested that "Canaan" stood originally in all the passages where the three brothers are spoken of, and that this was later changed to "Ham," except in the verses containing the curse. It seems more likely, however, that the name "Canaan" is inserted prophetically, as Noah would not desire to curse his son, but only one branch of that son's descendants, who were later the principal adversaries of the Hebrews.

2. Ham as a Nationality:

The name given, in Psalms 105:23,17; 106:22 (compare 78:51), to Egypt as a descendant of Ham, son of Noah. As Shem means "dusky," or the like, and Japheth "fair," it has been supposed that Ham meant, as is not improbable, "black." This is supported by the evidence of Hebrew and Arabic, in which the word chamam means "to be hot" and "to be black," the latter signification being derived from the former.

3. Meaning of the Word:

That Ham is connected with the native name of Egypt, Kem, or, in full pa ta' en Kem, "the land of Egypt," in Bashmurian Coptic Kheme, is unlikely, as this form is probably of a much later date than the composition of Gen, and, moreover, as the Arabic shows, the guttural is not a true kh, but the hard breathing h, which are both represented by the Hebrew cheth.

4. The Nations Descending from Ham:

Of the nationalities regarded as descending from Ham, none can be described as really black. First on the list, as being the darkest, is Cush or Ethiopia (Genesis 10:6), after which comes Mitsrayim, or Egypt, then PuT or Libyia, and Canaan last. The sons or descendants of each of these are then taken in turn, and it is noteworthy that some of them, like the Ethiopians and the Canaanites, spoke Semitic, and not Hamitic, languages--Seba (if connected with the Sabeans), Havilah (Yemen), and Sheba, whose queen visited Solomon. Professor Sayce, moreover, has pointed out that Caphtor is the original home of the Phoenicians, who spoke a Semitic language. The explanation of this probably is that other tongues were forced upon these nationalities in consequence of their migrations, or because they fell under the dominion of nationalities alien to them. The non-Sem Babylonians, described as descendants of Nimrod (Merodach), as is welI known, spoke Sumerian, and adopted Semitic Babylonian only on account of mingling with the Semites whom they found there. Another explanation is that the nationalities described as Hamitic--a parallel to those of the Semitic section--were so called because they fell under Egyptian dominion. This would make the original Hamitic race to have been Egyptian and account for Ham as a (poetical) designation of that nationality. Professor F. L. Griffith has pointed out that the Egyptian Priapic god of Panopolis (Akhmim), sometimes called Menu, but also apparently known as Khem, may have been identified with the ancestor of the Hamitic race--he was worshipped from the coast of the Red Sea to Coptos, and must have been well known to Egypt's eastern neighbors. He regards the characteristics of Menu as being in accord with the shamelessness of Ham as recorded in Genesis 9:20.

See JAPHETH; SHEM; TABLE OF NATIONS.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 23rd, 2006, 1:14 pm

how do you post pics?

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » April 23rd, 2006, 6:39 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:By the way that last sculpture was Queen Tiye, she has a big love story since she was a lower class servant/slave but the prince married her anyways for love and stuff.... I can hear some girl reading this going "awwwww" ahhaha

Have you seen the computer reconstuction of Queen Nefertiti

http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/20 ... usat_x.htm

(note that this was done by Europeans not afrocentrists)

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 23rd, 2006, 8:00 pm

egyptians have always been arab....i dont know why there is a controversy over this. Chexk out pictures of the artwork they left behind, They have some drawings of themselves telling the story of when they would go to war with Nubians of the south and other southern tribes...they clearly paint themselves lighter shades of brown and they paint everyone else black (true black africans).
I say Arab, because they immigrated into egypt from the arabian peninsula. They went there because of the fertile Nile delta. They went there long before there was even a such thing as a religion called Islam. They developed their own religion and had their own gods (as everyone knows).
In the later stages when Egypt fell to the Nubians finally and Egypt never became what it was...it still kept its original arab blood identity and. The Nubians themselves had other enemies to their south and west. Theres depictions of Egypt fighting in Israel against assyrians (modern day Syria) and they describe the egyptians as looking "very much like us except for the occasional black nubian mercenary". They'd sometimes have blacks join their army as mercenaries and they'd get paid...like a job.
Egypt was never conquered by arabs from the middle east, they'd sometimes move in and thats how Islam penetrated into Africa, Islam was excepted fairly easily by Egyptians because the people who brought the word of the 'holy qu'ran' to them looked much like them.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 23rd, 2006, 11:08 pm

our wrong streets but I don't have time to write out a bunch of shit. But no one answers the question of how can you debate ancient historians, who had contact with Egyptians, and describe the Egyptians as black? How can you debate that?

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » April 24th, 2006, 2:24 am

perongregory wrote: No let me guess you're only gonna be christian when it suits you, and right now it doesn't so the bible must've meant something else.
that's judas all day.......

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 24th, 2006, 4:43 am

Hm... that was a lot of evidence you posted up, I couldn't finish reading i will go through it tommorrow though and see about this
perongregory wrote:how do you post pics?
first it has to be online, i suggest

www.imageshack.us

and then you get teh "Direct Link" for the image

then you highlight the link and at teh top where it has you bold, quote, etc. there is an IMG button you press

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 24th, 2006, 4:48 am

Tre wrote:
EVN - I'm just me... wrote:By the way that last sculpture was Queen Tiye, she has a big love story since she was a lower class servant/slave but the prince married her anyways for love and stuff.... I can hear some girl reading this going "awwwww" ahhaha

Have you seen this artifact of Nefertiti?

Note that this was done by ACTUAL ANCIENT EGYPTIANS WHO HAD NERFETITI ACTUALLY POSING FOR THEM RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM and not people thousands of years later.

perongregory wrote:our wrong streets but I don't have time to write out a bunch of shit. But no one answers the question of how can you debate ancient historians, who had contact with Egyptians, and describe the Egyptians as black? How can you debate that?
By going with what the ancient Egyptians themselves say, note the above image, and they described themselves as seperate from the blacks and Nubians.

Plus those ancient people you speak of didn't go far into Afria since the Sahara and even the desert around Egypt kept even Egypt very isolated, let alone the interior heart of Africa.

I could get a solid tan and they might consider me "black and squinty" lol

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » April 24th, 2006, 6:38 am

Honestly, EVN - I'm just me... They both look Ethiopian in my eyes. Do you and ‘Streets’ honestly see a White Arab woman being portrayed?

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » April 24th, 2006, 9:00 am

streetsIswatchin wrote:egyptians have always been arab....i dont know why there is a controversy over this. Chexk out pictures of the artwork they left behind, They have some drawings of themselves telling the story of when they would go to war with Nubians of the south and other southern tribes...they clearly paint themselves lighter shades of brown and they paint everyone else black (true black africans).
In keeping with the eye witness statements by Greek writers like Herodotus, Aristotle, Lucian, and others, whom described the ancient Egyptians as being black-skinned or "melanchroes" with curly hairs. The term "melanos" and "melanchroes" is never used on such dark-skinned races as Persians, Syrians, Phoenicians, and Arabs. Only on Egyptians, Ethiopians, and East Indians. Of course Egyptians were not as dark as Nubians, but were still much darker than Europeans and Western Asians. Even today amongst black peoples in Africa there is variation in blackness. The same is true of the ancient Egyptians.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 24th, 2006, 9:29 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
Tre wrote:

Have you seen this artifact of Nefertiti?

Note that this was done by ACTUAL ANCIENT EGYPTIANS WHO HAD NERFETITI ACTUALLY POSING FOR THEM RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM and not people thousands of years later.

perongregory wrote:our wrong streets but I don't have time to write out a bunch of shit. But no one answers the question of how can you debate ancient historians, who had contact with Egyptians, and describe the Egyptians as black? How can you debate that?
By going with what the ancient Egyptians themselves say, note the above image, and they described themselves as seperate from the blacks and Nubians.

Plus those ancient people you speak of didn't go far into Afria since the Sahara and even the desert around Egypt kept even Egypt very isolated, let alone the interior heart of Africa.

I could get a solid tan and they might consider me "black and squinty" lol
Nefertiti don't look like no Arab, and when I get the chance you'll see how her and Ahkneaton really looked. That bust of her is the artist making her looks suit her royalty. you should see the impressions of her and her husband, they don't look like that. And I already talked about this...The Egyptians were a pompous people, they believed that they were there own special race.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 25th, 2006, 12:20 am

^ They might not have been special, but they are kind of their own race, before Arabs and seperate from southern Nubians

I would just call them "Egyptian"

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 25th, 2006, 12:22 am

Tre wrote:Honestly, EVN - I'm just me... They both look Ethiopian in my eyes. Do you and streets?honestly see a White Arab woman being portrayed?

Okay first of all what do you mean "white Arab" - Arabs are just Arab, that makes as much sense as me saying Ice-T is a "white Black"

Ethiopian is completely seperate of Egypt, so ????

Third, whot'a that girl? lol

p.s. nice screename "og dog" haha

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 25th, 2006, 12:26 am

O ya, to Greg, first of all Akhenaton was half black, like I said his mom was Nubian and I even posted a picture of her, on previous page.

So saying he looks black/part black doesn't prove anything about Egyptians as a whole.

That's like saying Halle Barry looks black so therefore white people are black (she'd half white/black)

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 25th, 2006, 12:28 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:Third, whot'a that girl? lol
typo, who's

by the way really, who is she because honestly (maybe it's just this picture) but she looks like thie Asian girl I know, honestly no lie, except with wider eyes.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 25th, 2006, 12:37 am

no, there are black arabs. Africans who were either slaves or citizens in Arab lands, whose families were raised in Arabic fashion. The LA times had an article last year about black Arabs in Iraq, and their position, and situation concerning the invasion.

Egyptians originally come from west africa, they moved to the nile basin, stayed there a while, and then moved up the nile to inhabit Egypt. Learned this from my jewish friend who attended the king tut exhibition with Johns Hopkins Universities (15th best school in the world, and one of the top research universities in the world) top egyptologist. ( She has worked with Zawi Hawass - Egypt's head Egyptologist). She of course told him this during her free time, and didn't answer the question in front of the of others who attende the exhibition. She says the Archaeological community has known the racial makeup of the Egyptians for quite a while now, but understand that in Egyptian schools they teach the children that Arabs were Egyptians, and feel it is more benefecial to not just destroy a "history", than to start to circulate all theyu know of the Egyptians.

I'm gonna talk to my friend about it some more. He can give me the exacts about the people, and their migrations...I forgot some of the scientific terms, people, and so on she named.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 25th, 2006, 12:40 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
EVN - I'm just me... wrote:Third, whot'a that girl? lol
typo, who's

by the way really, who is she because honestly (maybe it's just this picture) but she looks like thie Asian girl I know, honestly no lie, except with wider eyes.
I think thats Iman, she's Somalian. I haven't seen her in a while.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 25th, 2006, 1:12 am

just seein if this image shit works.

social impressions of Nefertiti

social impressions of Nefertiti

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”