History of animosity between Cambodian and Viet communists

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
padevat thmei
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by padevat thmei » May 4th, 2006, 6:43 pm

YearZero, ah bgcasper ah nah kay? vear dung chrung m'les rung khmer heuy puok yuon? vear the vear mok pi gang sscc bun tae vear dung rung khmer chrung main tain..

padevat thmei
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by padevat thmei » May 4th, 2006, 7:24 pm

bgscasper, i read your other posts.. youre a cuban-viet? wtf?? fake ass sscc gangsta.. just cuz you viets been successful against khmers in the past and now dont mean shit.. you callin cambodians "lil bustaz" but what are you? yeah the khmer rouge killed their own people.. but they also killed a shitload of viets.. the khmers will have their time.. as long as the viets continue to fuck with us, khmers will always fuck with the viets..

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 4th, 2006, 7:56 pm

I've seen it reported in the news that some of the top people in the Khmer Rouge claim they were afraid that Cambodia would have become a Vietnamese colony and that this is why they fought back.

Anyways, it's a shame that both people groups have to come 1/2 a world away so that some of their children can bury the hatchet and move on a positive track. I see it in the burbs. Some teasing but mostly coming to an understanding. They aren't hating on each other.

YearZero
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YearZero » May 4th, 2006, 9:07 pm

padevat thmei wrote:sup bro.. nah, im not a khmer krom.. puok ah sadach somlap khmer tiet heuy knong pi krong long beach? aen ot ton ban luer puok ah may gang somlap puok ah sadach phorng.. nov tae snat snat..
YearZero wrote:
padevat thmei wrote:my question was actually towards old shatterhand.. but now that i know youre a viet, its all good.. :)

same here.. i never really heard anything about older khmer folks about our relationship with the viets either.. i do however, remember my mother telling me about the tea pot story when i was little.. you probably dont know what im talking about though since you dont know much about khmer-viet relations..
Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:
padevat thmei wrote:^^dude, are you a viet? :wink:
Yea, but no older viet person ever told me about our relationship to Khmers. All I ever heard was bitching about Ho Chi Minh and his VC homboys.
Sup Padevat...are you a Khmai Krom?If your from Long Beach...Tai reah sah kluen pong ah neh...puah sadike aluw row baing salap Khmai yeung.
Yeah...They killed 1...dude was my homie.The reason why puah ah sadike row khmai yeung...is mow pee somebody baing puah vea salap prahm-muay neh.

I dont know bout bgcasper...I think cuzz been taking SouthEast Asian history classes or some shiet.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » May 5th, 2006, 5:01 am

[quote="padevat thmei"]bgscasper, i read your other posts.. youre a cuban-viet? wtf?? fake ass sscc gangsta.. just because you viets been successful against khmers in the past and now dont mean shit.. you callin cambodians "lil bustaz" but what are you? yeah the khmer rouge killed their own people.. but they also killed a shitload of viets.. the khmers will have their time.. as long as the viets continue to fu-- with us, khmers will always fu-- with the viets..[/quote]

now let ME TALK ABOUT THE SOUTH EAST ASIAN HISTORY CLASS ME AND MINE TOOK ...I LOST ALL MY UNCLES AND COUSIN TO THE FIRE OF UNCLE SAM ..THE ONLY LIL PB I HAD WAS THAT MY DAD WAS FROM THE OTHA SIDE'' MOT THANG VIET MOT THANG CUBA''CAUSE MY FATHER COMIN FROM A LONG LINE OF SOLDIERS WAS FIGHTIN ,WE ARE KNOWN AS THE CON LAI AND IN VIET NAM PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE HISTORY CLASSES WE TOOK ON THE NEW ECONIC ZONE EATING BANANA LEAFS AND TAKIN OFF OUR FATHERS MINES .....I WAS A LUCKY ONE ...FOR THE COMPTON GANGSTER WELL MY DAD WAS A CALI RESIDENT AND WE MOVED TO HIS PLACE IN NORTH LONG BEACH JUST NEXT TO COMPTON COMUNITY COLLEGE AND MY DAD HAD ALL HIS PEERS UP COMPTON BUT AFTER HIS DEATH WE HAD TO MOVE AGAIN AND WE HAD FAMILY IN FRANCE AND I ENDED IN A BIG HOUSING PROJECT BUILDED FOR KHMER AND VIET REFUGEES ..I WAS PART OF THE 84 FLAT IN THE SOUTHSIDE PJS 13 AND THERE ,IT WAS A LIL SAIGON INSIDE OF THE PJ SO I TOOK FEW HISTORY CLASSES THERE TOO GOT SENDED TO CAMP AND THERE I TOOK FEW HISTORY CLASSES ABOUT HOW MY ANCESTORS GOT TREATED WHEN THEY LOCKED ME DOWN GOT INTO MUY THAI HEAVY AND AT 17 YEAR OLD I WAS SENT THERE TO FIGHT I SPENDED 6 MONTH IN A CAMP IN THE KLONG TOEY AREA IN BANGKOK WERE I ALSO TOOK FEW COURSES ... AFTER THAT I GOT CONNECTED WITH HI RESPECTED PEOPLE LIKE MR SONGCHAI RATANASUBAN AND WAS DOIN MY THANG BETWEEN CPT FRANCE AND THAILAND I CURRENTLYRESIDE IN THAILAND WERE I TEACH BOXING AND OWN A BOXING CAMP AND BOATS AND ME AND ALL MY BROTHAZ WE ARE TAKIN CLASSES EVERYDAY CAUSE THE MORE I LEARN THE MORE I UNDERSTAND THAT WE DONT KNOW SHIT ....

PEACE AND ''TOI LA NGUOI BEN TRE ...QUE HUONG BEN TRE NAM BAC ''WELL THE VILLAGE I WAS ORIGIBNATED IS LOCATED IN WHAT U CLAIM TO BE CAMBODGIA AND WERE I SAY ITS A PLACE IN THE WORLD WERE BELIEVE ME... PEOPLE HAVE ENUF OF THAT BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHHHIIIIIIT WE DONT WANT TO FIGHT..WE DONT WANT TO KILL NO MORE ... CAUSE BELIEVE ME... PEOPLE FROM BEN TRE VILLAGE KNOW THE MEANING OF FIGHTING KILLING AND SACRIFICE CHECC HISTORY
ALL IM SAYIN IS XENOPHOBIA NEVER EVER BRANG SUMTHIN POSITIVE .............

padevat thmei
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by padevat thmei » May 5th, 2006, 4:24 pm

i think you need help bgcasper.. :wink:

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » May 6th, 2006, 1:29 am

[quote="padevat thmei"]i think you need help bgcasper.. :wink:[/quote]??? no thanks i feed my family like a man and without any help and i do hold and keep my head up ... i got 1 europeen title and 5 french title 34 years old and still able to handle mine ..lol actually i feel lucky and glad to be alive and i am thankfull ....now u may need way some help to invade viet nam :wink:

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 6th, 2006, 1:29 am

[quote="padevat thmei"]i think you need help bgcasper.. :wink:[/quote]??? no thanks i feed my family like a man and without any help and i do hold and keep my head up ... i got 1 europeen title and 5 french title 34 years old and still able to handle mine ..lol actually i feel lucky and glad to be alive and i am thankfull ....now u may need way ''MORE'' help to invade viet nam :wink:

YearZero
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YearZero » May 6th, 2006, 2:47 am

I dont think Cambodia wants to invade Vietnam...they just want Southern Vietnam back...because it was illegally annexed to the Viets in 1949.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 6th, 2006, 10:35 am

[quote="YearZero"]I dont think Cambodia wants to invade Vietnam...they just want Southern Vietnam back...because it was [b]illegally[/b] annexed to the Viets in 1949.[/quote]

i c kmai people points ..but southern people fought against the us for that piece of land and believe me our blood is all over this land and our ancestors are there ,my point is .that land south viet nam belong to the people that is cultivatin' it and are feadin their family that did die kill for the land it belong to people that did construc roads and rice field and died on this soil for 4 centurys comme on bro,all u gonna do is create anotha gaza stripe ..your claim is legit but when aply in real situation it creates war...drama and that type of mentality is the reason why we had to become refugee .

peace

YearZero
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YearZero » May 6th, 2006, 4:54 pm

4 centurys ago...Khmer krom people cultivated the land,built roads,temples,and hospitals.Later,when the Khmers became a minority in their own country...Viets massacred the Khmer people.

Another war is inevitable in SouthEast Asia...because ya Viets want Cambodia and Laos.Tryin to fulfill Uncle Ho's dream of a "IndoChina Federation"...just to compete with China.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 6th, 2006, 10:27 pm

[quote="YearZero"]4 centurys ago...Khmer krom people cultivated the land,built roads,temples,and hospitals.Later,when the Khmers became a minority in their own country...Viets massacred the Khmer people.

Another war is inevitable in SouthEast Asia...because ya Viets want Cambodia and Laos.Tryin to fulfill Uncle Ho's dream of a "IndoChina Federation"...just to compete with China.[/quote]

lol my brotha u just want me to wear hanoi's hat but i aint gonna ride for no bitch ass nguoi bac ...the south of viet nam is colonised by those ... indochina was not bac ho's dream it was a fact ...we all were enslaved by the french that should be enuf to squash BS ...do we need french people to go foward ???no i dont want no viet owning indochina i want indochinese owning their own land ...my point is ..land conquest and all that macho BS will not bring our kids up how can u raise doctors and lawyers if all our babys are makin flip flaps on land mines ???????

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » May 7th, 2006, 8:58 pm

bgcasper wrote: lol my brotha u just want me to wear hanoi's hat but i aint gonna ride for no bitch ass nguoi bac ...the south of viet nam is colonised by those ... indochina was not bac ho's dream it was a fact ...we all were enslaved by the french that should be enuf to squash BS ...do we need french people to go foward ???no i dont want no viet owning indochina i want indochinese owning their own land ...my point is ..land conquest and all that macho BS will not bring our kids up how can u raise doctors and lawyers if all our babys are makin flip flaps on land mines ???????
fosho

MICK_CHECK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MICK_CHECK » May 8th, 2006, 3:51 am

bgcasper wrote:
perongregory wrote:I know alot of cambos feel that viets are notourios backstabbers.
lol yes and we moove in silence ...
Thats funny, because the viets ive talk to see the cambodians as inferior to them and a bunch of simple minded villages (even though viets themselves are largely in villagers)

I remember Pol Pot said before the war broke out "he felt as though he was being looked at by the viets as the black inferior darker skinned fool who came down from the mountains"

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 8th, 2006, 9:03 am

[quote="MICK_CHECK"][quote="bgcasper"][quote="perongregory"]I know alot of cambos feel that viets are notourios backstabbers.[/quote]

lol yes and we moove in silence ...[/quote]

Thats funny, because the viets ive talk to see the cambodians as inferior to them and a bunch of simple minded villages (even though viets themselves are largely in villagers)

I remember Pol Pot said before the war broke out "he felt as though he was being looked at by the viets as the black inferior darker skinned fool who came down from the mountains"[/quote]

ARE U QUOTIN' POLPOT ?WELL FUCC POLPOT REST IN PISS AND ALL HIS BITCH ASS SIDE DOGS SHOULD END IN S21 ...NOW LISTEN ...FUCC ALL THE BITCH ASS RACIST VIETS THAT DOWNLOOK ON KHMER ...THIS IS TRUE A GANG OF VIETS ARE VERY RACIST ...BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN ALL ..PLUS MY VILLAGE IS LOCATED IN THE MEKONG DELTA WERE IT WAS KHMER BEFORE ...BELIEVE ME THE REAL VIETS FROM THAT AREA DO LOOK KHMER BUT THE SOUTH GOT INVADED BY NORTHERN PEOPLE AND CHINEESE THAT ESCAPED CHINA OR CANBOGIA SO THEY TEND TO BE MORE RACIST ...LIKE IV SAID IN PREVIOUS POST ..THE SOUTH GOT COLONISED BY THE NORTHERN PEOPLE AND THEY TEND TO BE VERY RACIST .AND ARE HOLDING ALL KEY POSITIONS...

Lifeshadower

Unread post by Lifeshadower » May 28th, 2006, 9:20 am

The thing about Cambodia is that both its bigger neighbors (Vietnam and Thailand) have fought over their land for centuries and centuries on end. The Vietnamese invasion of 1979 is just another continuation in what could be seen as an active attempt to annex Khmer land.

Basically, the 1978-1979 events could be summed up in the bigger Cold War picture. The Soviets were backing the Vietnamese, while the Chinese were backing the Cambodians. The Soviets and Chinese had their own little Cold War at the time (read on the Sino-Soviet split to find out why), so it was just another proxy war.

The United States, seeing that Soviet influence in Vietnam as the bigger threat, supported elements against them (including the Khmer Rouge through Deng's China). The Sino-American relations at the time were greatly improving, with the USA finally opening up diplomatic relations with the PRC in 1979.

It was really a messy time. While the Khmer Rouge killed many of their people, I feel that many Khmer would rather have them than the Vietnamese Communists.

padevat thmei
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by padevat thmei » May 29th, 2006, 2:54 am

both cambodia and vietnam were just pawns used by the bigger powers such as soviet, prc and the usa who were fighting for influence in the region.. i agree that the usa and china pretty much had a stronger diplomatic tie when they both supported the khmer rouge to counter soviet/viet influence in the region..

as for vietnam's ambition of annexing cambodian land, the viets have technically succeeded already.. they successfully installed their own puppet govt. who is loyal to hanoi.. which is reminsicent of the past when cambodian royal families were fighting for power and one would seek help from vietnam, while the other seek help from thailand.. it makes my blood boil to see how much cambodia has suffered throughout its history due mostly to our leaders of course.. during the lon nol and khmer rouge regime, over 200,000 viets were expelled out of cambodia and thousands of others were viciously slaughtered.. after the invasion was over, more than 200,000 returned back to cambodia and currently there are over a million viets in cambodia(unofficial status).. but theres still hope for cambodia..

as for khmers would rather have the KR stay in power than have the viet invasion, its partially true.. there are many nationalistic khmers who totally despise the viets while there are rational khmers out there who sees the viet invasion as a good thing.. because if it wasnt for the invasion, things were only gonna get worse.. as for us khmers being grateful, we dont have to be grateful to vietnam if we dont want to.. the invasion only happened because vietnam was attacked first by the KR.. not because they wanted to save cambodians out of the goodness of their hearts..
Lifeshadower wrote:The thing about Cambodia is that both its bigger neighbors (Vietnam and Thailand) have fought over their land for centuries and centuries on end. The Vietnamese invasion of 1979 is just another continuation in what could be seen as an active attempt to annex Khmer land.

Basically, the 1978-1979 events could be summed up in the bigger Cold War picture. The Soviets were backing the Vietnamese, while the Chinese were backing the Cambodians. The Soviets and Chinese had their own little Cold War at the time (read on the Sino-Soviet split to find out why), so it was just another proxy war.

The United States, seeing that Soviet influence in Vietnam as the bigger threat, supported elements against them (including the Khmer Rouge through Deng's China). The Sino-American relations at the time were greatly improving, with the USA finally opening up diplomatic relations with the PRC in 1979.

It was really a messy time. While the Khmer Rouge killed many of their people, I feel that many Khmer would rather have them than the Vietnamese Communists.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 29th, 2006, 3:34 am

[quote="padevat thmei"]both cambodia and vietnam were just pawns used by the bigger powers such as soviet, prc and the usa who were fighting for influence in the region.. i agree that the usa and china pretty much had a stronger diplomatic tie when they both supported the khmer rouge to counter soviet/viet influence in the region..

as for vietnam's ambition of annexing cambodian land, the viets have technically succeeded already.. they successfully installed their own puppet govt. who is loyal to hanoi.. which is reminsicent of the past when cambodian royal families were fighting for power and one would seek help from vietnam, while the other seek help from thailand.. it makes my blood boil to see how much cambodia has suffered throughout its history due mostly to our leaders of course.. during the lon nol and khmer rouge regime, over 200,000 viets were expelled out of cambodia and thousands of others were viciously slaughtered.. after the invasion was over, more than 200,000 returned back to cambodia and currently there are over a million viets in cambodia(unofficial status).. but theres still hope for cambodia..

as for khmers would rather have the KR stay in power than have the viet invasion, its partially true.. there are many nationalistic khmers who totally despise the viets while there are rational khmers out there who sees the viet invasion as a good thing.. because if it wasnt for the invasion, things were only gonna get worse.. as for us khmers being grateful, we dont have to be grateful to vietnam if we dont want to.. the invasion only happened because vietnam was attacked first by the KR.. not because they wanted to save cambodians out of the goodness of their hearts..
[quote="Lifeshadower"]The thing about Cambodia is that both its bigger neighbors (Vietnam and Thailand) have fought over their land for centuries and centuries on end. The Vietnamese invasion of 1979 is just another continuation in what could be seen as an active attempt to annex Khmer land.

It was really a messy time. While the Khmer Rouge killed many of their people, I feel that many Khmer would rather have them than the Vietnamese Communists.[/quote][/quote]

man DO U HEAR THE WAY U BREAK IT DOWN U SOUND LIKE A REDNECC PISSED OF MEXICAN CROSSING YOUR RIVER WHAT THE FUCC????
U ARE WORRY ABOUT THE VIETNAMESE IMIGRATION IN YO COUNTRY ???MAN U LIVE IN LONG BEACH ???????WHAT THE FUCCCC???????????????????????????????????????????????????
AND ON TOP OF THAT U FEEL SORRY THAT THE MILLION OF KIDS FAMILY LOVING WIFE THAT GOT CHOPPED IN PIECES WASNT VIET FUCC THAT IM SORRY THERE WAS MILLION OF HUMAN KILLED I DONT GIVE A FUCC ABOUT THEIR ORIGIN FOR ME A DEAD VIET OR A DEAD KHMER IS A DEAD BROTHA !!!!!