Before you celebrate the Fourth Of July

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Before you celebrate the Fourth Of July

Unread post by 'X' » July 3rd, 2006, 9:15 pm

"What to the American slave, is your Fourth of July? … To him, your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, and unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your denunciation of tyrants brass- fronted impudence; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings; with all your religious parades and solemnity, are to him, mere bombasts, deceptions, and pious and hypocrisy–a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages.” - Frederick Douglas

Starr

Unread post by Starr » July 3rd, 2006, 9:57 pm

WHATEVER! I'm lighting off fireworks so fuck you Frederick. :P

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 3rd, 2006, 11:00 pm

Starr wrote:WHATEVER! I'm lighting off fireworks so fu-- you Frederick. :P
HA!!!

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » July 4th, 2006, 12:13 am

Christina Marie wrote:
HA!!!
So no threat to lock this thread? Or have his bs remarks put in that corny "basura" section? Just a "HA!!!" huh? It's cool though, aint nothing...

wang
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wang » July 4th, 2006, 1:55 am

"What to the American slave, is your Fourth of July?
hmmmm maybe your ancestors were slaves but you arent!

grape fo def
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by grape fo def » July 4th, 2006, 5:37 pm

So no threat to lock this thread? Or have his bs remarks put in that corny "basura" section? Just a "HA!!!" huh? It's cool though, aint nothing..
looks like ya'll honeymoon is over, after u went out like ice-t :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » July 4th, 2006, 6:57 pm

MG wrote:
"What to the American slave, is your Fourth of July?
hmmmm maybe your ancestors were slaves but you arent!
Yes.

But history is a heavy thing to digest. It casts a spell of responsibility on all of us. Lets talk about german history. I m German.
Saying its over, so get over it wont work always.
Even though i dont support everything black people or ex-slaves say.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 4th, 2006, 7:23 pm

What to the American slave, is your Fourth of July?
there are no american slaves anymore, not sure if your aware or not.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » July 4th, 2006, 10:27 pm

Slaves do still exists indefinatly, slaves to consumerism.... Gas Prices are at 3 dollars a gallon nation wide, the foolish point the fingers at the executives for price gouging, dumb nigga they can price gauge all they want, its there own company and there own entity, they can do as they whilst, rationalized by the constitution, however If people stopped buying there gas than obviously by the law of supply and demand the price of gas would drop...
Simple economics, stupid people...

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 4th, 2006, 10:30 pm

doesn't matter. How can you fully celebrate "America's" freedom and independence, when you, as a supposed American, can't enjoy all the freedoms and independence of being a so-called American?

And this holiday was made to celebrate a day for white independence from other whites, because at this time blacks were slaves. So if you look at it, it really doesn't make sense for blacks to celebrate the holiday, unless they make another independence day celebrating the day blacks were technically free and independent Americans.

The holiday is empty to blacks basically, because we weren't Americans during America's independence...It's like my twin wanting me to celebrate his birthday when he's constantly beaten me and not allowed me to celebrate my birthday. Probably I would think more of his birthday if he thought of mines and gave credence to it.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » July 5th, 2006, 1:12 am

^^^^^that's real..

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 5th, 2006, 1:18 am

X wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
HA!!!
So no threat to lock this thread? Or have his bs remarks put in that corny "basura" section? Just a "HA!!!" huh? It's cool though, aint nothing...
Who is the mod for this section X?

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 5th, 2006, 1:20 am

So NONE of you went to any BBQ's, block parties, the beach, watched fireworks on this holiday weekend right?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » July 5th, 2006, 11:33 am

I did. I got high had some cold beach sex, bar b q and was drunk as shit. Nigga was feelin O triple K.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 5th, 2006, 7:37 pm

perongregory wrote:doesn't matter. How can you fully celebrate "America's" freedom and independence, when you, as a supposed American, can't enjoy all the freedoms and independence of being a so-called American?

And this holiday was made to celebrate a day for white independence from other whites, because at this time blacks were slaves. So if you look at it, it really doesn't make sense for blacks to celebrate the holiday, unless they make another independence day celebrating the day blacks were technically free and independent Americans.

The holiday is empty to blacks basically, because we weren't Americans during America's independence...It's like my twin wanting me to celebrate his birthday when he's constantly beaten me and not allowed me to celebrate my birthday. Probably I would think more of his birthday if he thought of mines and gave credence to it.
then if you dont feel yourself as being considered "Americans" now, then maybe you should leave" America". <---thats real.

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » July 5th, 2006, 9:10 pm

This is so old and annoying I used to hear my pops talk about this if you are concerned about it go deep into all other holidays in america find shit out about Easter the meaning behind that and Valentines day Halloween and Christmas.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 6th, 2006, 12:00 am

BlaKK wrote:I did. I got high had some cold beach sex, bar b q and was drunk as shit. Nigga was feelin O triple K.
Minus the cold beach sex...ME TOO!!!!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 6th, 2006, 2:15 am

se11 wrote:
perongregory wrote:doesn't matter. How can you fully celebrate "America's" freedom and independence, when you, as a supposed American, can't enjoy all the freedoms and independence of being a so-called American?

then if you dont feel yourself as being considered "Americans" now, then maybe you should leave" America". <---thats real.
Maybe you should shut the fuck up and stop trying to tell me and others what to do. This is America, freedom of speech and thought, so take your tyrannical ass somewhere else cause i aint goin nowhere. and oh yeah...fuck july the 4th.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » July 6th, 2006, 3:03 am

Oaktown_G wrote:This is so old and annoying I used to hear my pops talk about this if you are concerned about it go deep into all other holidays in america find shit out about Easter the meaning behind that and Valentines day Halloween and Christmas.
anybody in they right mind would know not to partake in these other holidays because they have pagan/gentile origins.

valetines day has its roots in beastiality. romans belived they were nursed by a she-wolf

easter has its roots in orgies and canabalsim.

halloween has its roots in devil worshipping. Samhain was the night gentiles prayed to the devil.

and christmas well the bible tells you to avoid that in Jeremiah 10:2-4

2 Thus says the LORD:
Do not learn the way of the Gentiles;
Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven,
For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the peoples are futile;
For one cuts a tree from the forest,
The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.
4 They decorate it with silver and gold;
They fasten it with nails and hammers
So that it will not topple.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 6th, 2006, 3:10 am

Damn...you are just NO fun. :lol:

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 6th, 2006, 1:44 pm

perongregory wrote:
se11 wrote:

Maybe you should shut the fu-- up and stop trying to tell me and others what to do. This is America, freedom of speech and thought, so take your tyrannical ass somewhere else cause i aint goin nowhere. and oh yeah...fu-- july the 4th.
so you love the freedome of speech and other freedom this country gives you, but if someone tells you to leave when your talking shit about it you get all defensive.

you wouldn't think for a second of moving out of here, yet you'll talk all the shit you want about it. hypocrit.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 6th, 2006, 8:54 pm

se11, I shouldn't even give you the time of day since you're a complete idiot...but if you love something you iron out it's ills and wrongs, if you dont give a shit about it, you let it continue to fuck up.

Now I respect whats written on that constitution, bill of rights and so forth, so I want it to come to fruition by any righteous means necessary. if you dont like whats written on it (ex. freedom of speech) you can bounce.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 7th, 2006, 7:25 pm

Now I respect whats written on that constitution, bill of rights and so forth, so I want it to come to fruition by any righteous means necessary. if you dont like whats written on it (ex. freedom of speech) you can bounce.
i thought you were one of those guys who feel "the government is trying to keep the black man down" and you were on that bandwagon, or do you still feel that way?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 8th, 2006, 1:45 am

what does that have to do with respecting what is written on a piece of paper? please tell me.

grape fo def
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by grape fo def » July 8th, 2006, 2:02 am

fuc the constitution and all u sell out muthafucaz, wut the fuc u gon tell a native american to get out? how u gon tell a blac man brought her by force to get out, shut yo white honkkkie craca ass up bitch

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 8th, 2006, 2:56 am

you talking to se11 cause im not a "cracka"..but i believe that we should have those rights like freedom of speech, freedom to bear arms, the 5th and that other shit written down. doesn't mean the people who run this shit really let us use all these rights, and doesnt mean I respect they assess either.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » July 8th, 2006, 1:49 pm

The framers who wrote the constitution were racists themselves so what the fuck do you expect nigga? It speaks for itself, need not to argue, need not to conflict, that is foolish.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 8th, 2006, 3:31 pm

perongregory wrote:what does that have to do with respecting what is written on a piece of paper? please tell me.
so you think the government is out to destroy black families and black people as whole, yet you respect the piece of paper that they get their laws off of??

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 8th, 2006, 5:46 pm

It's just like I respect that you said you aren't racist, I respect that sentiment, but the truth is you don't act on that sentiment. You get it?

and blakk:

yeah I know those fools were racist and I could give a shit about them, but I respect the shit that is written on that paper cause in truth thats some good shit, its just that they didn't plan to let us actually excercise those rights. jusxt likke the punk ass ho-lice, you respect that sentiment to protect and serve, but you know those muthafuckas aint really about that.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 8th, 2006, 9:18 pm

i get you.

but instead of thinking "the rights weren't intended for me" why don't you realize "all those people are dead, we're in a new generation of people, black and whites are more integrated, things are different". if you cant see things that way, its because you dont want to see them that way.

you can call me a racist all you want, but at the end of the day i still look at people all the same. whites, spanish, blacks, asians, jews, homosexuals, lesbians, americans, canadians, africans, italians, russians, iraqis. at the end of the day, they are all still people in my eyes. the only reason i argue with some of the black people on here is because they say things and dont even realize how dumb it is. it is like they stereotype everythig and act as if white people have secret meetings on how to hold down the black society.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » July 9th, 2006, 12:15 pm

you can call me a racist all you want
I already know that you as an individual aren't a racists Sell, But to be honest, some of your post would lead the reader to believe contrary if they didn't know the context in which you spoke...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 9th, 2006, 12:20 pm

Well there's a black history month

Well as for me I know I'm way better off here than under stalinistic N K, hope that one day you will feel the same

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”