African Iraqis

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

African Iraqis

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » August 7th, 2006, 9:04 am

Several of my homies serving in Iraq were telling me about how theres Black people in Iraq, they live in small communites spread out in Iraq, including Baghdad.
They got there from the times of Arab slave trading. They dress just like other Iraqis, the women are covered almost from head to toe. They've been there longer then the blacks in America because Arab slave trading is much older.
They were also telling me that black Iraqis look more African, even though they've been outside of Africa longer then American Blacks. They said its because there was virtually no inter-racial mixing at all because blacks there were truly looked at just slaves and nothing more. They got their freedom from converting into Islam. But they are somewhat second class citizens.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » August 7th, 2006, 9:27 am

Yea, for example just look at the Saudi Arabian soccer team. They are almost all black.

blue eyed devil
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blue eyed devil » August 7th, 2006, 6:20 pm

Yeh they are all over the Middle East. I wonder what the numbers are???

Ask your bud how big the communities where, in terms of numbers.

BxMilitia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BxMilitia » August 7th, 2006, 7:53 pm

i knew that there were many dark-skinned people over there but i aint kno that there were BLACK iraqis.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 7th, 2006, 9:19 pm

yeah they had an article about the black I raqui community in LA times like a year ago.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » August 8th, 2006, 9:17 am

They only saw one black community in Iraq, they asked a translator to ask a couple of Black Iraqis that were willing to answer a few questions. It was a community...like as in a neighborhood here in the US. They said their were maybe about 40-60 families living there. But they said that their were quite a feew other black communites spread through out.

Angryblackman86
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Angryblackman86 » September 26th, 2006, 8:39 am

Blacks in the Arab Countries are treated as second class citizens and are looked down upon , even though the blacks there rnt involved in the BS that SOME of the blacks in america r into!!!

thebasher
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Re: African Iraqis

Unread post by thebasher » September 27th, 2008, 11:50 pm

i didnt know this....woulnt they b picked on tho?

Str8UpMenace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Str8UpMenace » October 22nd, 2008, 12:34 am

Most of the Arabs who look 100% African have ancestors who migrated to the middle east recently in the last hundred or so years ago, some came as slaves, some just as migrants or as concubines the ones who came before are long gone now thru intermixing. Same goes of the arabs who are descendents of white european slaves(hence the arabs with blue or green eyes..), but in the north there are more arabs of european descent than the south where there more arabs of african descent, so seeing a black arab in one of the gulf countries like saudi arabia, oman, yemen, U.A.E and etc..is more of a common site.

Are the black arabs considered second class? no, at least thats not what i experienced when i last visited the middle east, in fact there have been many black arab kings and other powerful figures in arab history, there are even some blacks in the Royal Saudi family.

I've also heard one of the tribes named falatah in present day saudi arabia was originally a fulani tribe who migrated from africa like 800 hundred or so years ago and there are many other tribes like this in the middle east especially among the bedouin arab tribe who are looked up to by the average arab becuase they represent their ancestral way of life.

Also people are distinguished more by their ethnicity than their color of skin and since black arabs are arabs too there really isn't any reason for them to be picked on for their race, but i cant speak for the arabs in the north who are usually whiter than an arab from the south, so their differences would stand out more in front of a black arab. Either way almost every arab has had a african dna in his blood line at one time or another and don't even know it, so if they decide to be racist they would be being racist to one of their ancestors.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » November 10th, 2008, 5:03 pm

reading andy mc nabs book about the first gulf war (he is uk special forces who goes behind enemy lines, tares shit up, does a runner + gets captured/tortured) said after he got captured he saw several black iraqi soldiers...he said they didn't know how to keep their afros in good shape by making a do rag out of a pair of tights so their afros stuck out underneath their berets. having being responsible for about 250 dead iraqis and having got the living shit kicked out of him when captured he said he wasnt really in a position to pass on fashion tips...