The Korean perspective on April 29th 1992..

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
str8

The Korean perspective on April 29th 1992..

Unread post by str8 » September 19th, 2006, 12:14 am

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » September 19th, 2006, 12:31 am

About 10,000 people were arrested; about 42% African-American, 44% Hispanic, 9% white, and 2% other. These numbers are proportional to the number of residents in the areas of Los Angeles where the events occurred, although they are not proportional to the racial make-up of Los Angeles as a whole.
wikipedia says that 44% of the people arrested were hispanic, is this true, i know wikipedia is known to have a lot in-correct info

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » September 19th, 2006, 1:33 am

that would be pretty cool being one of the few white guys arrested though, it would be like a badge of honor later wlakign through some hoods in la knowing you stood and rumbled with the big boys (black/hispanic gangs which make up bulk of la criminal activity).

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » September 19th, 2006, 2:19 am

after looking at that video I wonder if some of those black rioters were racists who pulled people of other races out of their cars or who targeted other races? if so I cant imagine how whites would be there among them rioting and pulling people out of cars as well. was that 9% statistic accurate? how did they fit in that kind of envioerment?

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » September 19th, 2006, 3:17 am

UmanH-ay wrote:
About 10,000 people were arrested; about 42% African-American, 44% Hispanic, 9% white, and 2% other. These numbers are proportional to the number of residents in the areas of Los Angeles where the events occurred, although they are not proportional to the racial make-up of Los Angeles as a whole.
wikipedia says that 44% of the people arrested were hispanic, is this true, i know wikipedia is known to have a lot in-correct info
I believe it! I was staying in Hollywood at the time which is Hispanic with a few whites. If you got your info off the tube, you would have thought all the rioters was predominately black, and centered in South Central. I think for the media it was easier to go with the black rioters in South Central angle, than to try to explain why you had Hispanic and white rioters?? I remember the Latinos in our apartment complex kept returning with boatloads of shit! This one Latino had several shopping bags of Payless shoes! I and the bruthas were like, “Why the fuck you going to rob a Payless shoe store for? “ He looked at us, put his fist in the air and shouted back to us in a cholo style “Rodney King!”

But what really fucked with me was the second day of the riots. The 10 freeway was closed so I had to take the surface streets through Korea town! Next thing I know I’m hearing gunshots around my car! I couldn’t see them, but I knew they had to be perched on the roofs and shit! I’m like fuck! All a brutha trying to do is get home, and their shooting at my ass thinking I want to rob them!

str8

Unread post by str8 » September 19th, 2006, 4:42 am

so what areas did the riotin go off? i was only a youngin back then and dont remember much about it, of course south central got it bad, and u had all them koreans exchangin gun fire with the cops but were mexicans stealin shit around hollywood or somethin?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 19th, 2006, 9:53 am

Mexicans stole so much shit. Even dre say in chronic on that song about the riot, "bloods crips and eses now its time to steady mob", something like that. Anyway, the cops just weren't fuckin up and beating blacks down even though they fucked with blacks the most, but they killed and beat down a lotta mexicans too.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 19th, 2006, 1:14 pm

April 29th, 1992 is umm...

Is around 7 months before I was born. Around, not exact --- less than 29th.

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » September 19th, 2006, 3:33 pm

I was like 5..

all i remember was my dad calling over my uncles and they had a gang of guns on the table

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » September 20th, 2006, 2:33 am

mr.43 wrote:so what areas did the riotin go off? i was only a youngin back then and dont remember much about it, of course south central got it bad, and u had all them koreans exchangin gun fire with the cops but were mexicans stealin shit around hollywood or somethin?
It’s pretty much exactly what Peron says!
The looting that took place in the downtown Los Angeles area, mid-Wilshire area, and Hollywood area was overwhelmingly Latino! I’m not sure you can call it all looting though? After the burning of businesses in South Central LA, business owners in my area just opened their doors and told the rioters to take what they wanted! After each store was emptied the store owner would put up a sign, ‘No More Merchandise’ and rioters would simply move on to the next target! I guess business owners figured out it’s easier to replace the merchandise than take the chance of rioters burning down your store!!! Many of the major food chains got emptied real fast! But the thing with perishable items such as meat, it spoils fast! So the Mexicans in these areas were having mad barbecues! They showed the bruthaz in my area nothing but love!
I didn’t participate in the rioting..... but I hate to see free barbecue go to waste! :D

Doshen
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Doshen » January 30th, 2008, 10:57 am

Anyone know how many koreans got B^lasted in those riots??

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 30th, 2008, 11:02 am

The Koreans made bank that day. When the riots was goin on they jacked they own shit and torched their own shit and blamed it on the riot lolz. They got to keep their shit and get the insurance money! I'm tellin yall, Asians know how to make money.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 30th, 2008, 11:04 am

And them Loko Koreans was on the roof dumpin!

Doshen
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Doshen » January 30th, 2008, 11:37 am

^^ didn't know that. Pretty shiesty shyt if u ask me :roll:

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 30th, 2008, 2:47 pm

You have to be shiesty living in LA.

Doshen
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Doshen » January 31st, 2008, 9:06 am

shiesty as in relying on law enforcement to help you out with ya predicament to suddenly busting at cops and living a "gangsta life" haha koreans are a confused bunch of foos..

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 31st, 2008, 11:17 am

Are you Japanese?

Did you know the Japanese race came from Coreans?

Only reason Coreans now go by Korean is when Japan invaded and changed the C to a K because K comes after the J in the alphabet.

Are you ignorant?

The Han-Kooks that try to live the American Dream are different from the Middle Class Han-Hook gangsters.

Doshen
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Doshen » January 31st, 2008, 11:31 am

NikexCortez wrote:Are you Japanese?

Did you know the Japanese race came from Coreans?

Only reason Coreans now go by Korean is when Japan invaded and changed the C to a K because K comes after the J in the alphabet.

Are you ignorant?

The Han-Kooks that try to live the American Dream are different from the Middle Class Han-Hook gangsters.
i know that C to K thang homie dont trip basically they believe its something they did out of supremacy to make japan number 1 but thats nuffin but bananas to me ..but alot of jjangs don't acknowledge it as a fact...hwoarang is basically samurai in korean and I know that korea and japan are out of anyone else on the planet possibly even the chinese are the closest in culture and of language all three of these types of cultures borrowed from each other, only difference is dae ha ming gook (rok) made their own language maybe for individuality or maybe kuz chinese was too hard to adapt to? . I know that in the old times J and K clashed and warred it out K came out victorious even after facing obvious obstacles, were outmanned and didn't have a solid armada. As 4 the rest of dae ha ming gook's history im shady on dem facts and don't have time to research got other shyt to stress on bout. But I do have this one question did J and K war it out in history twice or where there more wars ? because if there was only two major battles doesn't that mean that J & K are basically tied ? why is there still hostility between the groups as of today? imho thats some gr 2 elementary shyt

Doshen
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Doshen » January 31st, 2008, 11:37 am

I'm filipino homie I just get heated towards these two groups of people sometimes kuz when i try to get along wid em they bust out they respective languages ya digg? and alienate me ya feel? It's like rude shyt but I usually dont let that shit fade me I just ignore dem altogether cause I tried 2 many fkn times to help em with problems with their english speaking all slow an shit and making sure they making eye contact an not fuckin with their phones an shit..So my nug I aint no racist..Just fuckn fed upp ya digg??

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » March 17th, 2008, 7:59 pm

koreans know how to fight

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » March 18th, 2008, 12:35 am

NikexCortez wrote:The Koreans made bank that day. When the riots was goin on they jacked they own shit and torched their own shit and blamed it on the riot lolz. They got to keep their shit and get the insurance money! I'm tellin yall, Asians know how to make money.
and alot of them lost a lot too!

js83
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: ..

Unread post by js83 » April 15th, 2008, 2:33 am

Doshen wrote:shiesty as in relying on law enforcement to help you out with ya predicament to suddenly busting at cops and living a "gangsta life" haha koreans are a confused bunch of foos..
Busting at cops??? the Koreans were shooting at the looters...I've never heard of them shooting at the police...and I was in Koreatown during that time...

chosunpride
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: SoKal

Re: The Korean perspective on April 29th 1992..

Unread post by chosunpride » June 5th, 2009, 11:49 am

I know LA homies from diff gangs and Ah juh shee's held it down in KTown LA while I was w/ a few homies and my old man's friends in Crenshaw/Gardena keeping all the M'fkng looters out and rioters out. Front Lines w/ my 1st taste of gun combat ...The police were nowhere to be seen, but we saved alot of businesses/families. I was proud to be a son of korea and from that time forward, I didnt let ANYONE knock my race and get away w/ it, not even a cop, teachers, other races, whatevers and whoevers.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 6th, 2009, 6:15 pm

chosunpride wrote:I know LA homies from diff gangs and Ah juh shee's held it down in KTown LA while I was w/ a few homies and my old man's friends in Crenshaw/Gardena keeping all the M'fkng looters out and rioters out. Front Lines w/ my 1st taste of gun combat ...The police were nowhere to be seen, but we saved alot of businesses/families. I was proud to be a son of korea and from that time forward, I didnt let ANYONE knock my race and get away w/ it, not even a cop, teachers, other races, whatevers and whoevers.
ey chosun what were some gangs that were involved in the la riots? was it all korean gangs? if so who were they if u remember

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: TOrrance

Unread post by FINITO » June 9th, 2011, 3:39 pm

thonkoboy2000 wrote:
chosunpride wrote:I know LA homies from diff gangs and Ah juh shee's held it down in KTown LA while I was w/ a few homies and my old man's friends in Crenshaw/Gardena keeping all the M'fkng looters out and rioters out. Front Lines w/ my 1st taste of gun combat ...The police were nowhere to be seen, but we saved alot of businesses/families. I was proud to be a son of korea and from that time forward, I didnt let ANYONE knock my race and get away w/ it, not even a cop, teachers, other races, whatevers and whoevers.
ey chosun what were some gangs that were involved in the la riots? was it all korean gangs? if so who were they if u remember

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: TOrrance

Re:

Unread post by FINITO » June 9th, 2011, 3:45 pm

thonkoboy2000 wrote:koreans know how to fight
Dam right Koreans know how to fight. We aint some skrawny ass Viets who rely on their heaters jus cuz they can't fight for shit.

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by wickerman » July 23rd, 2011, 4:59 pm

thonkoboy2000 wrote:
if im not mistaken i believe it was KK defending ktown against looters. they had walkie talkers and were hooked up to radio korea. any koreans in distress jus called in and they got walkie talkied out to the "troops".

on a sidenote, after the riots is probably when alotta the heads went "under" and mobbed up. got alotta business connects thru puttin in work during the riots. a few of those figures came up from that time.