Allah & God. The same?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Mahmoud Siddiqi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Allah & God. The same?

Unread post by Mahmoud Siddiqi » December 5th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Sentenza wrote:What leads me to believe this, is that in arabic Allah means nothing else but god, and arabic christians refer to god also as allah.

I think Judaism, Christianity and Islam are only disputing over the way how to worship and follow properly. All scripts are based upon each other(except for the Tora and the Bible not referring to the Quran of course) and all three religions have many things in common. My Thesis is: Islam, Christianity and Judaism pray to the same god.
Its just a thesis, but what do you think?
As Salam Alaikum,

Your right. If there's a book that combines every fact from the Torah and Bible (gospel) plus provdes more knowledge on a huge amount of topics, wouldn't the followers of the Torah and Bible want to follow that magnificent book? You would think so, but some reject it because of arrogance and ignorance.

That book is Al Qur'an.

There is only way possible way to translate "Allah" (Arabic) into English, which is "God".

So, I say to anybody who says "those Muslims worship some other God named Allah", if there is only ONE God and you are worshipping ONE God and I'm worshipping ONE God, isn't it only possible that we BOTH are worshipping the same ONE God?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » December 6th, 2006, 3:52 am

Aleikum as Salaam,

Thats what i was thinking.
I have to say though, that i am no Muslim But the similarities of the Religions jumped to my eye.

Mahmoud Siddiqi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mahmoud Siddiqi » December 6th, 2006, 7:45 am

Sentenza wrote:Aleikum as Salaam,

I have to say though, that i am no Muslim But the similarities of the Religions jumped to my eye.
Wa Alaikum Salam,

The only big differences between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam is the beliefs in Jesus. But if your following true Judaism or Christianity (that message which Moses and Jesus came with), you have no wrong beliefs, but there's one more step to be took until your beliefs are perfect.

All the prophets came with the exact same message-monothiesm. The humans distorted, twisted, added, and subtracted things from the religion (Judaism, Christianity) after the prophets were gone.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 6th, 2006, 7:57 am

Mahmoud Siddiqi wrote:

Wa Alaikum Salam,

The only big differences between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam is the beliefs in Jesus. But if your following true Judaism or Christianity (that message which Moses and Jesus came with), you have no wrong beliefs, but there's one more step to be took until your beliefs are perfect.

All the prophets came with the exact same message-monothiesm. The humans distorted, twisted, added, and subtracted things from the religion (Judaism, Christianity) after the prophets were gone.
Masa alchair, (:lol: gotta train my arabic)

Ok, thats a deep issue we may not be able to resolve on here but i respect all three of the beliefs. What just pisses me off is, when people in the world are beefing and killing over some petty shit, because they claim to know what the real truth is (i am also talking about inner-islamic conflicts, Sunni/Shia etc.).
If you have your belief and you dont agree with the other one, leave those people alone. I dont think that god created us, in order for us to go at each othes throat.

Mahmoud Siddiqi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mahmoud Siddiqi » December 6th, 2006, 8:02 am

Sentenza wrote:
Mahmoud Siddiqi wrote:

Wa Alaikum Salam,

Masa alchair, (:lol: gotta train my arabic)

Ok, thats a deep issue we may not be able to resolve on here but i respect all three of the beliefs. What just pisses me off is, when people in the world are beefing and killing over some petty shit, because they claim to know what the real truth is (i am also talking about inner-islamic conflicts, Sunni/Shia etc.).
If you have your belief and you dont agree with the other one, leave those people alone. I dont think that god created us, in order for us to go at each othes throat.
I agree 100%. The best thing we can do is worry about ourselves because none of us will ever be perfect.

I want to add this since you touched on the sunni-shia historical conflict: In Islam if one Muslim kills another, they both go to hell. The murderer goes to hell because he murdered his Muslim brother and the murdered goes to hell because he was involved and maybe even raised a weapon against his Muslim brother.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 6th, 2006, 8:07 am

Mahmoud Siddiqi wrote:In Islam if one Muslim kills another, they both go to hell. The murderer goes to hell because he murdered his Muslim brother and the murdered goes to hell because he was involved and maybe even raised a weapon against his Muslim brother.
But thats weird to me. What if an inncoent/bystander whatever gets murdered?

But i do not doubt, that all of these zealots will go to hell (you know which ones i am talking about). Mulla Omar is one random example that comes to my mind.

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » December 6th, 2006, 10:23 am

Mahmoud Siddiqi wrote:

Wa Alaikum Salam,

I was learnt the same thing.That's why i always say that muslims are my brothers.I'm Christian but i stand alone on this.Cause muslims don't feel the same and Christians don't feel the same.Christians should read the Quran and muslims should read the Bible.On a side note,Christians think one of these days Jesus would come back to earth.But he will only return if there is a House of God on the Tempel Mountain in Jeruzalem.So some Christians wanted to blow up the Al Aqsa mosque on the Tempel Mountain.But if muslims warship the same God as us then there is a House of God on the Tempel Mountain:The Al Aqsa mosque is a House of God.So by blowin it up the Christians would prospone the coming of Jesus.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 6th, 2006, 10:36 am

dutch wrote:But he will only return if there is a House of God on the Tempel Mountain in Jeruzalem.So some Christians wanted to blow up the Al Aqsa mosque on the Tempel Mountain.
This story is as old as the conflict between Christians and Muslims. During the times of the crusades both have destroyed their holy places in Palestine in turns.
Stupid shit.

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » December 6th, 2006, 11:49 am

Sentenza wrote:
dutch wrote:But he will only return if there is a House of God on the Tempel Mountain in Jeruzalem.So some Christians wanted to blow up the Al Aqsa mosque on the Tempel Mountain.
This story is as old as the conflict between Christians and Muslims. During the times of the crusades both have destroyed their holy places in Palestine in turns.
Stupid shit.
This was in 1999,they wanted to do it before the year 2000.Because they thought He (Jesus) would come back in 2000.But i think the Mossad caught them or the F.B.I..

Mahmoud Siddiqi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mahmoud Siddiqi » December 7th, 2006, 7:55 am

Sentenza wrote:
Mahmoud Siddiqi wrote:In Islam if one Muslim kills another, they both go to hell. The murderer goes to hell because he murdered his Muslim brother and the murdered goes to hell because he was involved and maybe even raised a weapon against his Muslim brother.
But thats weird to me. What if an inncoent/bystander whatever gets murdered?

But i do not doubt, that all of these zealots will go to hell (you know which ones i am talking about). Mulla Omar is one random example that comes to my mind.
We Will be responsible for everything we do.

The Qur'an says "Killing one innocent person is equal to killing all of humankind and saving one innocent life is equal to saving all of humankind."

Mahmoud Siddiqi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mahmoud Siddiqi » December 7th, 2006, 8:01 am

dutch wrote:
Mahmoud Siddiqi wrote:

Wa Alaikum Salam,

I was learnt the same thing.That's why i always say that muslims are my brothers.I'm Christian but i stand alone on this.Cause muslims don't feel the same and Christians don't feel the same.Christians should read the Quran and muslims should read the Bible.On a side note,Christians think one of these days Jesus would come back to earth.But he will only return if there is a House of God on the Tempel Mountain in Jeruzalem.So some Christians wanted to blow up the Al Aqsa mosque on the Tempel Mountain.But if muslims warship the same God as us then there is a House of God on the Tempel Mountain:The Al Aqsa mosque is a House of God.So by blowin it up the Christians would prospone the coming of Jesus.
As Salam Alaikum,

From the Qur'an and sunnah (way of the Prophet Muhammad), Muslims are taught to respect, help, and be brothers to the Christians and Jews because we all are a result of following one of the prophets of God. Islam confirms Jesus, how could Muslims reject Christianity in its true form? Islam confirms Moses, how could Muslims reject Judaism in its true form?

Some Muslims do read the Bible for the sake of presenting proofs from the Bible to Christians to prove that Islam says the same and is the truth. The Qur'an encompasses the Bible and the Torah, confirms what they each say, and expound on their meanings.

What more excellent book for the Jews and Christians?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 7th, 2006, 1:20 pm

I have to openly admit, that i havent found my faith yet. I am baptized and protestant and i kind of feel like i belong to this belief, but due to my studies with the Bible and other holy scripts (i am no expert though) i cant say for sure which one is right and which is not.
I definitely have faith, but the jury is still out on where i will stand in the future. And no human will be able to convert me into something, since i base my decision on such things only and exclusively on my own thought process.

I ll let god guide me, whereever that will lead me.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » December 8th, 2006, 12:27 am

'X' wrote:
frozen fire wrote:
^^^How do you feel about the Quranic passages that seem to promote violence
Jesus said: "And he that hath no sword, let him
sell his garment, and buy one." (Luke, 22:36)

Jesus said: "Think not that I am come to send peace on
earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew, 10:34)

THERS STILL MORE....

1 Samuel 15:2,3

2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt.3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy [a] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "

Numbers 31:17,18

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Deuteronomy 20:16

16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes.

NOT VERY NICE IS IT???

Good response "frozen fire"!! Strange how noone seems to mention the above verses...Just the same ignorant questions about "why Islam is violent" :roll:
lmao, fire put them on blast.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » December 8th, 2006, 8:08 am

black wrote:
'X' wrote:
frozen fire wrote:

THERS STILL MORE....

2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt.3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy [a] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes.

NOT VERY NICE IS IT???

Good response "frozen fire"!! Strange how noone seems to mention the above verses...Just the same ignorant questions about "why Islam is violent" :roll:
lmao, fire put them on blast.

Yeah brutha, I'm not sure who "fire" is, but he/she been coming with it...still no responses to his questions by most on here..lol

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 8th, 2006, 8:11 am

I aint gone Knocc that one 8) :lol:

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » December 13th, 2006, 2:06 am

frozen fire wrote:

THERS STILL MORE....

NOT VERY NICE IS IT???

OK HERES THE ERM..WHAT DID U CALL IT? OH YEAH "SWORD VERSES OF THE QURAN"

Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190) "

"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61) "

"If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (The Noble Quran, 5:28 ) "

"God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8 ) "

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193) "

Now I Dont Know About You, But These verses dont sound like there promoting violence. they are just and fair, it sets clear rules on the battle field, no women, child, elderly, animal nor plant should be harmed, and if the enemy surrenders, do not harm either.

But these certainly do promote violence!
Ezekiel 23:45-47 (King James Version)

45: And the righteous men, they shall judge them after the manner of adulteresses, and after the manner of women that shed blood; because they are adulteresses, and blood is in their hands.

46: For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will bring up a company upon them, and will give them to be removed and spoiled.

47: And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their daughters, and burn up their houses with fire.

Why do innocent childeren have to be slay (as punishment) for the crimes (murder, adultery, idol worshipping) commited by their parents? Do you call this righteous dear christian ?
KEEP READING

2 Chronicles 15:13

All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.
I CAN KEEP GOING ON BUT ILL STOP HERE.

ISLAM IS PERFECT AND COMPLETE IN EVERYWAY, its just a handfull of muslims that give it a bad name!

peace out!
I dont see whats the point in bringin up Jesus, are u expecting all whites here to be jesus followers?

Brown Street
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Brown Street » December 14th, 2006, 1:26 am

T.K.-

a handful? Thems some awful BIG hands!!!!!!!

Brown Street
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Brown Street » December 14th, 2006, 1:26 am

my bad-the previous post shouild say,

frozen fire-
a handful? etc., etc.

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by abc12345 » December 15th, 2006, 11:49 pm

Yes. The same. Allah is a god, we call god god, and so fourth...