Is this racism, or just bullying?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Is this racism, or just bullying?

Unread post by George » January 16th, 2007, 9:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfYgQrrPFA

What does this video look like to you guys?

A case of idiots just picking on someone random?

Or

A case of some racist targetting someone based on their ethnicity/background? And using the bullying/teasing as a ploy to their true intentions?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 16th, 2007, 10:55 am

no, they were just picking on the nerdy kid. since its probably from some hick ass town, the only smart kid is the little asian kid cause he's not a stupid redneck so they pick on him. besides he's little. if theres a nerdy white or black kid they probably pick on them, too. but since all the white kids are stupid hicks and all the black kids are stars on the football team, the only "geeky" one is the asian kid. so it just falls right into the stereotypical scenario, but i dont think it was racism cause those kids were just assholes and will pick on anyone smaller than them that wont resisit.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » January 16th, 2007, 4:34 pm

se11 wrote:no, they were just picking on the nerdy kid. since its probably from some hick ass town, the only smart kid is the little asian kid cause he's not a stupid redneck so they pick on him. besides he's little. if theres a nerdy white or black kid they probably pick on them, too. but since all the white kids are stupid hicks and all the black kids are stars on the football team, the only "geeky" one is the asian kid. so it just falls right into the stereotypical scenario, but i dont think it was racism cause those kids were just assholes and will pick on anyone smaller than them that wont resisit.
Plus we need to see more details of what happened before that caused the bullying. But I still feel there is an undertone of racism like you said do to their pre-conceived stereotypes towards Asian guys with glasses. I mean hell even Bruce Lee had to face up to this scenario in his days, when he was an actual decent fighter.

You are right though, most bullies who rely on attacking someone based on race does not chose to find the buff looking Black kid to push around. Naw they zero in on that nerdy looking Asian kid with glasses. SO true.

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » January 16th, 2007, 4:55 pm

when i was in high school my buddies and i protected the nerds, that way they could help us with homework 8) white or asian we cooperated

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » January 16th, 2007, 6:36 pm

imma go with plain old bullying on this one

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » January 16th, 2007, 9:23 pm

looneytunes1 wrote:imma go with plain old bullying on this one
Looking at that video made me really pissed for some reason though. Reminded me of the way Bruce Lee was treated in High school by Whites and Blacks.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 16th, 2007, 9:38 pm

Bullying in school is nothing new, but there should be more action done to stop it.

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » January 16th, 2007, 10:03 pm

I'd be careful about bullying nowadays, kids these days aren't too hesitant about bringing a gat to school and offing their tormentors, if you know what I mean.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » January 17th, 2007, 12:46 pm

curiousdude06 wrote:I'd be careful about bullying nowadays, kids these days aren't too hesitant about bringing a gat to school and offing their tormentors, if you know what I mean.
You think a little Asian kid with glasses would do that though? I mean, I have never seen any Asian kids do such a thing to their bullies. They usually just ignore it.

Unless of course you are talking about the Cambodian/Viet kids in Long Beach coming up in the 1980's surrounded by Longos and such lol. But that was more of a bunch of ethnic Asian kids banning together to protect themselves from the Mexican gangs abusing them.
Not really some Columbine stuff.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2007, 4:55 pm

Why do east Asians play into that stereotype lettin muthafuckas run over them, but South east Asian kids and sometimes Koreans aint playin that shit they'll fuck yo ass up if you with that BS.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 17th, 2007, 5:17 pm

lol i ain neva picture an asian runnin up on me...maybe dem san fransico boyz but either than them i cant picture asians being hard in the hood

i like see'in fights but that shit is wrong man...its not bullying or racism its jst wrong a bunch of pussy ass white boiz pickin on some poor lil kid

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 17th, 2007, 5:48 pm

mcminister, i try to understand you but your just so one sided. you call these "puzzy ass white boyz" yet i GUARANTEE you black kids go looking for other younger kids to punk and rob more than anybody else. everything comes racial with you.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2007, 6:11 pm

se11 wrote:mcminister, i try to understand you but your just so one sided. you call these "puzzy ass white boyz" yet i GUARANTEE you black kids go looking for other younger kids to punk and rob more than anybody else. everything comes racial with you.
I try to understand you homeboy but yet this what come out "i GUARANTEE you black kids go looking for other younger kids to punk and rob more than anybody else". Get that shit straight homeboy. Those were some pussy ass whiteboys, what were they? Some ethical, righteous, pick on your own size, fight one on one white boys? And if they was black they would be pussy too, and judgin by your comments you woulda said some shit about all blacks bein like that, when Mcminister only talked about a select few whiteboys who were actin like pussies.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 17th, 2007, 7:11 pm

hey those whiteboys are pussy, they're bullies. 1 day they going to get theirs. but he's gotta make everything racial, but here, these white boys were the assaulters, but black people do it 5 times more. he shouldnt have made it a race issue.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2007, 7:24 pm

se11 wrote:hey those whiteboys are pussy, they're bullies. 1 day they going to get theirs. but he's gotta make everything racial, but here, these white boys were the assaulters, but black people do it 5 times more. he shouldnt have made it a race issue.
you got proof that blacks gang up and assault other races 5 times more than whites, since that's what we are comparing?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 17th, 2007, 7:41 pm

look up juvenile gang assaults and see for yourself. and use common sense man, whens the last time six white kids try to rob a lone black kid in compton?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2007, 7:43 pm

hens the last time 5 black kids went around beverly hills looking for white jkids to rob? Also, when have the police eveer allowed that?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2007, 7:44 pm

perongregory wrote:When is the last time 5 black kids went around beverly hills looking for white kids to rob? Also, when have the police ever allowed that?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2007, 7:45 pm

se11 wrote:look up juvenile gang assaults and see for yourself. and use common sense man, whens the last time six white kids try to rob a lone black kid in compton?
And on that note I can tell you to look up the hate crime rate.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » January 17th, 2007, 8:07 pm

se11 wrote:look up juvenile gang assaults and see for yourself. and use common sense man, whens the last time six white kids try to rob a lone black kid in compton?
On that note, I would have to give my opinions.

IF a group of White guys/teens ganged up and beat up on a Black person, the world would YELL OUT RACIST ATTACK AGAINST BLACK PERSON!!! in the news and stuff.

Regardless if the White attackers used racial slurs like the N word or not.

Now showing THIS video of the lil Asian kid, people would mostly automatically brush it off as plain ol simple bullying......
Living proof is by some of your responses on this post.

Think about it, if the victim was Jewish, Black, Muslim, Gay/Bi/Lesbian,
and it was caught on tape.......
How do you think the world would be reacting and why?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 17th, 2007, 8:16 pm

perongregory wrote:
im not talking about hate crimes. im talking about black kids punking other kids. i know about the hate crime rate and how most of it comes from white trash nazi rednecks. but you've never acknowledged anything that ever may have put blacks under the gun. you alwys say "look at what white people do".

you know what if you want to believe otherwise, i dont care. it really doesnt matter to me. i know whats really up and what happens. if you want to turn your back to it, it doesnt matter, it just shows that your knowledge and wisdom come to a hault when you have to critisize black people for something.

half the fucking forum turns their back. i give george about 30 mins before someone calls him a racist or critisizes him because he brough up a point in our society.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2007, 8:18 pm

but that shows you despite what other people may feel, you gotta stand up for your own, fuck all that take it and suffer silently BS.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2007, 8:20 pm

perongregory wrote:but that shows you despite what other people may feel, you gotta stand up for your own, fu-- all that take it and suffer silently BS.
I was talkin to george.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2007, 8:23 pm

se11 wrote:
perongregory wrote:
im not talking about hate crimes. im talking about black kids punking other kids. i know about the hate crime rate and how most of it comes from white trash nazi rednecks. but you've never acknowledged anything that ever may have put blacks under the gun. you alwys say "look at what white people do".

you know what if you want to believe otherwise, i dont care. it really doesnt matter to me. i know whats really up and what happens. if you want to turn your back to it, it doesnt matter, it just shows that your knowledge and wisdom come to a hault when you have to critisize black people for something.

half the #%@&#%@ forum turns their back. i give george about 30 mins before someone calls him a racist or critisizes him because he brough up a point in our society.
No, actually it seems like you ignore anything that a black has to say because you believe only in what you have been taught and seek not to open your mind any further. Black kids punking kids? All kids to that, all races do that. But you are saying black kids do it the most so I asked for proof then you accuse me of not wanting to open my mind? Everything you are accusing me of you exemplify, so I can't argue with you.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 17th, 2007, 8:32 pm

i aint gunna argue with you. all im saying is the dude shouldnt have brought up race in an unnecessary time, you feel me. with the topic of juvenile crime, you believe what you gotta believe to get by, and i'll do the same. but its not necessary to bring up race when its clearly not.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » January 17th, 2007, 8:46 pm

se11 wrote: you feel me

To bruthas on here, ever notice how white folk bite our flava? They learn so much from the net on how we use certain slang and then next thing you know they start using it in their post...Can you imagine some of these talking like this in person. Stick to what ya'll do, ok pal? Ok, continue on.. :arrow:

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 17th, 2007, 8:51 pm

'X' wrote:

To bruthas on here, ever notice how white folk bite our flava? They learn so much from the net on how we use certain slang and then next thing you know they start using it in their post...Can you imagine some of these talking like this in person. Stick to what ya'll do, ok pal? Ok, continue on.. :arrow:
I feel you..... :lol:

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » January 18th, 2007, 1:50 am

'X' wrote:

Yeah i feel you X, i dunno what it is with all this shit with all these folk sayin this cliched and bitten shit

ive had it up to here with cliches, honestly, theyre a dime a dozen these days and every man and his dog are dropping knowledge, run of the mill shit. feel me g? but at the end of the day, its all good, do what youre doing, smile will bring a sunshine day.

one love homie :) :wink:

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » January 18th, 2007, 1:51 am

:lol:

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 18th, 2007, 1:54 am

that shit was corny cuz christina already did it.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » January 18th, 2007, 2:35 am

i didnt even know christina had replied so quickly