Why do you believe in God?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 21st, 2007, 7:07 pm

Why do you feel so strongly that God is real?
Has God done anything for you?
How do you feel about people who dont believe in your God?
What do you believe will happen to you and the non believers die?

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Why do you believe in God?

Unread post by PELON » January 21st, 2007, 7:09 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Why do you believe in God?
LIKE I SAID BEFORE GOD IS JUST A WAY TO BE HAPPY IN LIFE THERES NO MEANING TO IT GOD IS JUST A WORD.....

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 21st, 2007, 7:12 pm

Turn it around . . . Why don't you beleive there's a GOD?

What insurmountable facts/evidence leads you to "Not Beleive?

Has GOD failed you in sum' way?

How do you view those people that "Do Beleive?

Where would you like to be in the after and why so?

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 21st, 2007, 7:18 pm

Lonewolf wrote:

GOD NEVER FAILED ME IN ANY WAY BECAUSE HE DOESNT EXIST...

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 21st, 2007, 7:43 pm

I dont know if theres a God or not.

I dont believe IN God because I haven't seen him and the bible isn't enough for me because some say this and that about it. Like some people believe the story of Adam and Eve being the first sinners to eat the apple was what really happened. And others believe during that time the author of that story wrote it, you weren't allowed to talk write about sex because it was illegal. So the apple was a symbol of sex.

I wouldn't blame anything on something I dont believe IN in the first place.

Some are good people and some are haters that love to critisize others. But I understand that we are all human and tend to critisize.

I dont know whats after death or if there if there is anything after death. I dont know...

Can you answer my questions now Lonewolf?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 21st, 2007, 8:04 pm

Yeah I'll answer it . . . But those are deep thinking questions my Man.

Let me gather my thought on these and get back at you - alright with you?

I must say though . . . I don't see much "deep thinking" on your answers.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 21st, 2007, 8:12 pm

Yea take your time. Yea I'm not really a deep thinker. How do you do that?

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 21st, 2007, 10:38 pm

For those that believe in God no explanition is needed, For those who dont want to believe in God no explanation is possible.
I dont believe IN God because I haven't seen him
I heard this funny story once. this guy came to a holy man and asked him 3 questions.

1. how can i believe in God, after life, angels etc.. when i have not seen them.

2. If God knows are destiny, why cant he tell us?

3. If devils do exist how will they be punished when they are made of fire and hell is made of fire??

The holy man thought for a second, stood up and gave the man a big Slap! on the face.
The man was like wtf? he got angry and demanded why the holy man had slapped him!
the holy man calmly replyed, Did it hurt? the man cried YES!
The holy man said, you feel the pain, but you can not see it, it does not mean the pain does not exist!
the holy man asked if i told you i was going to slap you would you move away? the man cried YES!
So if God told you your destiny everyone would go berserk and try hard to change it.
the holy man asked whats my hand made of? the man replyed flesh.
the holy man asked whats your face made of? flesh..
so if flesh can hurt flesh, there is no reason to say fire wont hurt fire.

:lol:

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » January 22nd, 2007, 7:12 am

frozen fire Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:38 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that believe in God no explanition is needed, For those who dont want to believe in God no explanation is possible.

Quote:
I dont believe IN God because I haven't seen him

I heard this funny story once. this guy came to a holy man and asked him 3 questions.

1. how can i believe in God, after life, angels etc.. when i have not seen them.

2. If God knows are destiny, why cant he tell us?

3. If devils do exist how will they be punished when they are made of fire and hell is made of fire??

The holy man thought for a second, stood up and gave the man a big Slap! on the face.
The man was like wtf? he got angry and demanded why the holy man had slapped him!
the holy man calmly replyed, Did it hurt? the man cried YES!
The holy man said, you feel the pain, but you can not see it, it does not mean the pain does not exist!
the holy man asked if i told you i was going to slap you would you move away? the man cried YES!
So if God told you your destiny everyone would go berserk and try hard to change it.
the holy man asked whats my hand made of? the man replyed flesh.
the holy man asked whats your face made of? flesh..
so if flesh can hurt flesh, there is no reason to say fire wont hurt fire.

I CONCUR!!!

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 3:07 pm

JESUS

1. Jesus’ early life is obscure. We do not know his birth date, or even the year. We don’t have the year of his death. If you are claiming Jesus was just a man, of course nothing exists to prove a natural birth so this evidence is non-existent. We know nothing of his childhood, save at 12, and then he vanishes again. And we know his parents first names.
2. Jesus never wrote one book, one sentence, not even as much as a letter.
3. Jesus claimed to be all three of these attributes, and more. And over 33 million people around the world follow the idea that Jesus was these attributes and more. If Jesus was shown not to exist, his message would be lost and people would no longer be Christian (Because the definition of a Christian is to believe in Christ as the Messiah, that he died for our sins).
4. None of Jesus’ supposed teachings are original. Justin Martyr also admits to Trypho that Jesus’ teachings and that of the Christians were documented earlier in the Greek philosophies of Aristotle (ironically), Socrates, and Plato. All of the teachings of Jesus can be found in religions that existed hundreds if not thousands of years earlier. In John 1:1, a similar passage can be found in Heraclitus.
5. No major figure in History ever had direct contact with Jesus. No historical commentary about any major figure in history ever places them near or around Jesus in any fashion. In all the volumes of Josephus, never once does it state that Herod murdered a great multitude of infants at the birth of some savior figure. Nor does it state anywhere that Pilate killed Jesus in any Roman record.
6. No great work of science or philosophy ever came from Jesus, or one of Jesus’ followers. All are void of intelligent thought, and contain evidence of following in the footsteps of servitude.
7. In the trial alone of Jesus, there contains anywhere from 14-27 infractions of Sanhedrin and Roman law. This does not include a large sum of historical contradictions outside of the trial, which traverse into the hundreds.
8. In every aspect of Christ’s supposed life, there is reason to question his existence because of the errors, contradictions and fallacies not only within the Bible, but concerning the utter lack of evidence concerning the events of his life

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 3:12 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Turn it around . . . Why don't you beleive there's a GOD?

I dont know if theres a God or not.

I dont believe IN God because I haven't seen him and the bible isn't enough for me because some say this and that about it. Like some people believe the story of Adam and Eve being the first sinners to eat the apple was what really happened. And others believe during that time the author of that story wrote it, you weren't allowed to talk write about sex because it was illegal. So the apple was a symbol of sex.

I wouldn't blame anything on something I dont believe IN in the first place.

Some are good people and some are haters that love to critisize others. But I understand that we are all human and tend to critisize.

I dont know whats after death or if there if there is anything after death. I dont know...

Can you answer my questions now Lonewolf?
Our "purpose" is to perpetuation of the species. The greatest fallacy of humanity is to search for a "purpose" to our lives. We want there to be more than there is because we are wishful thinkers. We almost need to think there is "more to life than this".

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » January 22nd, 2007, 3:24 pm

PELON wrote:Our "purpose" is to perpetuation of the species. The greatest fallacy of humanity is to search for a "purpose" to our lives. We want there to be more than there is because we are wishful thinkers. We almost need to think there is "more to life than this".
There is.....

Even if you are right,
PELON wrote:Our "purpose" is to perpetuation of the species.
why should that be our purpose. Or whats the purpose of this purpose? Because in my opinion, nothing in this universe/earth/reality exists without a purpose.
Sounds confusing, but do you catch my drift?

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 3:48 pm

The biggest weakness in using God to explain anything scientifically is that the explanation is not falsifiable, and thus not even testable. There is no way to create an experiment to show that it’s wrong. For every possible set of a test and a result, we could simply say, “God did it.” Why do the Earth and universe appear to be so old? God did it. Why does nature seem so balanced? God did it. Once again, why does anything happen? If we say that God did it, there is no reason or opportunity to learn how the world really works. If we had stayed with God as the cause of all events, our modern culture would have been impossible. We would have no real science, engineering, or medicine. We would still be living in the Dark Ages.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 22nd, 2007, 4:04 pm

PELON wrote: We would have no real science, engineering, or medicine. We would still be living in the Dark Ages.
No, that was because the Church and other institutions abused religion to establish and keep their position of power. They used religion to manipulate people yet they were not righteously following their own teachings. They were preaching water, but were drinking wine.

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 4:11 pm

Let’s look at God and everyday life. If there really were a personal god, the existence of this god would be an obvious fact in the universe. God would be reaching into events in the world, and bypassing the laws of physics to influence the outcomes. People who lost limbs might have them re-appear. Babies killed in fires might come back to life. Other true miracles would happen. I’ve seen none of this, and I know of no one else who has either. In fact, there is no reliable evidence of any divine intervention, ever! God fails the reality test of everyday life.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 22nd, 2007, 4:24 pm

PELON wrote:Let’s look at God and everyday life. If there really were a personal god, the existence of this god would be an obvious fact in the universe. God would be reaching into events in the world, and bypassing the laws of physics to influence the outcomes. People who lost limbs might have them re-appear. Babies killed in fires might come back to life. Other true miracles would happen. I’ve seen none of this, and I know of no one else who has either. In fact, there is no reliable evidence of any divine intervention, ever! God fails the reality test of everyday life.
Thats what people expect of god, because they imagine him like a well-hearted human. But if god would do so, it would contradict all of the rules of life that exist and thus it would have made no sense for god to create them. We might aswell be born in heaven from the beginning on.
But it is our responsibilty to turn this place into a better place. We cant rely on god for that. Of course, whats the real purpose of all of this i dont know either. But i know that believing in god helps me dealing with certain issues of life. And it is also making the most sense to me where science has only superficial explanations to many things.

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 4:39 pm

First, I think it's important to understand the incredible amount of information one has to look over tediously before they can reach a conclusion of a historical or ahistorical nature. The truth is, I've been researching this subject for seven years and there are things I'm just starting to skim over now.
Now that that is out of the way, let's tackle your questions. You ask, "What evidence is there to support that Jesus never existed?" First and foremost, if you can provide me evidence to support that fairies don't exist, I'm all ears. One can't ask to disprove a negative, because there is nothing to disprove. One must look at the available evidence that already exists (or doesn't...as in this case) and determine if that evidence is sufficient to establish historicity.
To help you better understand this lets use an example given by Christians where they assume that we mythicists assume the historicity of somebody famous without evidence. Aristotle is usually totted around the most by some ignorant or misinformed person as having no contemporary evidence of his existence - as a standard if you will to suggest that Jesus should be considered to be on the same level of accepted historicity as Aristotle. However when comparing the list of evidences between the two, there is no compatibility.

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 4:56 pm

Life has changed through time (evolved).
A dramatic proof of the thesis that life has changed through time is
seen in the fossil record of the vertebrates, animals having a
segmented backbone. At the beginning of the Cambrian Period (570-500
million years ago), there were no vertebrates at all. Later in the
Cambrian, problematic forms appeared which seem to have been related
to the vertebrates, but showed distant affinities with the echinoderms
as well. (Echinoderms today are represented by starfish, sea lilies,
sea cucumbers, etc.; embryologically they appear to compose the phylum
most closely related to the Chordata, the phylum to which vertebrates
belong.) Toward the end of the Cambrian Period, the first vertebrates
appeared: the ostracoderms, jawless fishes possessed of a bony armor
plate and having flattened bodies apparently adapted to a
bottom-feeding way of life.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 22nd, 2007, 5:22 pm

pelon com'on son u fuckin the scream up

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 6:01 pm

Mcminister wrote:pelon com'on son u fuckin the scream up
THE SCREAM?? I CAN SCREAM IN YOUR FACE BUT U WOULD STILL SEE THE SCREN THERE.....LOL

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 22nd, 2007, 6:41 pm

my bad loool...shit i ment screen with that big ass picture of urs

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 6:44 pm

Mcminister wrote:my bad loool...shit i ment screen with that big ass picture of urs
AS U CAN SEE I TOOK IT OF FOR YOUR PLEASURE..LOL

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 22nd, 2007, 7:51 pm

Thats what people expect of god, because they imagine him like a well-hearted human. But if god would do so, it would contradict all of the rules of life that exist and thus it would have made no sense for god to create them. We might aswell be born in heaven from the beginning on.
But it is our responsibilty to turn this place into a better place. We cant rely on god for that. Of course, whats the real purpose of all of this i dont know either. But i know that believing in god helps me dealing with certain issues of life. And it is also making the most sense to me where science has only superficial explanations to many things.
nothing in this universe/earth/reality exists without a purpose.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 22nd, 2007, 8:14 pm

i think the real reason people *dont* want to believe in God is that they dont want to be judged. they dont want to hear that they are going to be held accountable for their actions, they dont want to be told this is what you have to do to succed in the after life, they dont want to be told if you do this your going to hell, they dont want to be told that they are sinners.
So they come up with *theories*, cuz thats what they are. some saying your great great ancestors were king kong. or that 1 cell duplicated to many, until it created the earth and so on. they claim to be scientific ideas, but they actually go against science, the probability of their thoeries happing is a zillion to one chance. there must be a greater most high power.

I think the belief of GOD starts, when you answer yourself this question. (truthfully)
why are we here?

peace!

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 8:52 pm

[quote="frozen fire"]i think the real reason people *dont* want to believe in God is that they dont want to be judged. they dont want to hear that they are going to be held accountable for their actions, they dont want to be told this is what you have to do to succed in the after life, they dont want to be told if you do this your going to hell, they dont want to be told that they are sinners.
So they come up with *theories*, because thats what they are. some saying your great great ancestors were king kong. or that 1 cell duplicated to many, until it created the earth and so on. they claim to be scientific ideas, but they actually go against science, the probability of their thoeries happing is a zillion to one chance. there must be a greater most high power.

I think the belief of GOD starts, when you answer yourself this question. (truthfully)
why are we here?

peace![/quoteWELL TO EVERYONE..HOW LONG WILL IT BE UNTILL WE RESOLVE OUR CONFLICTS..SOME WILL TURN TO RELIGION..SOME WILL TURN TO SCIENCE..BUT THE REALITY OF THIS IS THAT WE ARE STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO WE REALLY ARE AND WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE IN LIFE...BUT THE FACTS ARE THERE..ITS NOT ABOUT BEING JUDGED..ITS NOT ABOUT BEIGN A SINNER...AND YES THE FURTHER WE GO TO THIS THE MORE QUESTIONS THERE ARE..BUT SCIENCE HAS PROVEN MOST QUESTIONS RIGHT..OVER THE FACT THAT NOT EVEN RELIGIONS CANT PROVE THEIR OWN GOD EVER EXISTED..BUT SCIENCE IS...AND EVEN THEN THE REALITY IS THAT HUMANS WILL PROVE MANY OF OUR THEORIES RIGHT.....

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 22nd, 2007, 9:09 pm

HOW LONG WILL IT BE UNTILL WE RESOLVE OUR CONFLICTS
never, and if we do, another will rise.
SOME WILL TURN TO RELIGION..SOME WILL TURN TO SCIENCE..BUT THE REALITY OF THIS IS THAT WE ARE STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO WE REALLY ARE AND WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE IN LIFE...BUT THE FACTS ARE THERE
What facts pelon?
ITS NOT ABOUT BEING JUDGED..ITS NOT ABOUT BEIGN A SINNER...
For some it is, for others it the unwillingness to commit them selves to God, In islam its a way of life, 100% its not just a week gathering and then you can get back to your lives, you must live your life in the way God and most are unwilling to do so.
AND YES THE FURTHER WE GO TO THIS THE MORE QUESTIONS THERE ARE..BUT SCIENCE HAS PROVEN MOST QUESTIONS RIGHT..
such as?
OVER THE FACT THAT NOT EVEN RELIGIONS CANT PROVE THEIR OWN GOD EVER EXISTED.
in way we can, but if your lookin for thats where God is and this is how he looks like and so on, No we cant. thats why its called belief (in the unseen!)

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 10:50 pm

frozen fire wrote:
Thats what people expect of god, because they imagine him like a well-hearted human.
EXACTLY THEY" IMAGINE " HIM....I WONDER WHAT THEY ACTUALLY THINK OF HIM...

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 22nd, 2007, 11:16 pm

^^ In islam God, has 99 Names, attributs, ie he is perfect in all things. thats all you need to know, you worship him and turn to him for help. but when people start to come up with these twisted ideas like, ME and GOD are friends or *w8 a second....i got a message from God!* , they confuse themselves,
exp: in primary skool, a teacher said how does God look like?
how on earth am i supposed to know? then they had us drawing pics of God and etc....all these things are unneccesary and will only cause confusion. do not exceed your limits, its good to know about your religion but to much of a good thing is bad for you.

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 11:19 pm

frozen fire wrote:^^ In islam God, has 99 Names, attributs, ie he is perfect in all things. thats all you need to know, you worship him and turn to him for help. but when people start to come up with these twisted ideas like, ME and GOD are friends or *w8 a second....i got a message from God!* , they confuse themselves,
exp: in primary skool, a teacher said how does God look like?
how on earth am i supposed to know? then they had us drawing pics of God and etc....all these things are unneccesary and will only cause confusion. do not exceed your limits, its good to know about your religion but to much of a good thing is bad for you.
WHY 99 NAMES?

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 22nd, 2007, 11:27 pm

The) God
2 Ar-Rahman (الرحمن) The All Beneficent
3 Ar-Rahim (الرحيم) The Most Merciful
4 Al-Malik (الملك) The King, The Sovereign
5 Al-Quddus (القدوس) The Most Holy
6 As-Salam (السلام) The Peace and Blessing
7 Al-Mu'min (المؤمن) The Guarantor
8 Al-Muhaymin (المهيمن) The Guardian, The Preserver
9 Al-Aziz (العزيز) The Almighty, The Self Sufficient
10 Al-Jabbar (الجبار) The Powerful, The Irresistible
11 Al-Mutakabbir (المتكبر) The Tremendous
12 Al-Khaliq (الخالق) The Creator
13 Al-Bari' (البارئ) The Maker
14 Al-Musawwir (المصور) The Fashioner of Forms
15 Al-Ghaffar (الغفار) The Ever Forgiving
16 Al-Qahhar (القهار) The All Compelling Subduer
17 Al-Wahhab (الوهاب) The Bestower
18 Ar-Razzaq (الرزاق) The Ever Providing
19 Al-Fattah (الفتاح) The Opener, The Victory Giver
20 Al-`Alim (العليم) The All Knowing, The Omniscient
21 Al-Qabid (القابض) The Restrainer, The Straightener
22 Al-Basit (الباسط) The Expander, The Munificent
23 Al-Khafid (الخافض) The Abaser
24 Ar-Rafi (الرافع) The Exalter
25 Al-Mu'izz (المعز) The Giver of Honour
26 Al-Mudhill (المذل) The Giver of Dishonour
27 As-Sami (السميع) The All Hearing
28 Al-Basir (البصير) The All Seeing
29 Al-Hakam (الحكم) The Judge, The Arbitrator
30 Al-`Adl (العدل) The Utterly Just
31 Al-Latif (اللطيف) The Subtly Kind
32 Al-Khabir (الخبير) The All Aware
33 Al-Halim (الحليم) The Forbearing, The Indulgent
34 Al-Azim (العظيم) The Magnificent, The Infinite
35 Al-Ghafur (الغفور) The All Forgiving
36 Ash-Shakur (الشكور) The Grateful
37 Al-Ali (العلى) The Sublimely Exalted
38 Al-Kabir (الكبير) The Great
39 Al-Hafiz (الحفيظ) The Preserver
40 Al-Muqit (المقيت) The Nourisher
41 Al-Hasib (الحسيب) The Reckoner
42 Al-Jalil (الجليل) The Majestic
43 Al-Karim (الكريم) The Bountiful, The Generous
44 Ar-Raqib (الرقيب) The Watchful
45 Al-Mujib (المجيب) The Responsive, The Answerer
46 Al-Wasi (الواسع) The Vast, The All Encompassing
47 Al-Hakim (الحكيم) The Wise
48 Al-Wadud (الودود) The Loving, The Kind One
49 Al-Majid (المجيد) The All Glorious
50 Al-Ba'ith (الباعث) The Raiser of The Dead
51 Ash-Shahid (الشهيد) The Witness
52 Al-Haqq (الحق) The Truth, The Real
53 Al-Wakil (الوكيل) The Trustee, The Dependable
54 Al-Qawiyy (القوى) The Strong
55 Al-Matin (المتين) The Firm, The Steadfast
56 Al-Waliyy (الولى) The Protecting Friend, Patron and Helper
57 Al-Hamid (الحميد) The All Praiseworthy
58 Al-Muhsi (المحصى) The Accounter, The Numberer of All
59 Al-Mubdi' (المبدئ) The Producer, Originator, and Initiator of all
60 Al-Mu'id (المعيد) The Reinstater Who Brings Back All
61 Al-Muhyi (المحيى) The Giver of Life
62 Al-Mumit (المميت) The Bringer of Death, The Destroyer
63 Al-Hayy (الحي) The Ever Living
64 Al-Qayyum (القيوم) The Self Subsisting Sustainer of All
65 Al-Wajid (الواجد) The Perceiver, The Finder, The Unfailing
66 Al-Majid (الماجد) The Illustrious, The Magnificent
67 Al-Ahad (الاحد) The One, the All Inclusive, The Indivisible
68 As-Samad (الصمد) The Self Sufficient, The Impregnable, The Eternally Besought of All, The Everlasting
69 Al-Qadir (القادر) The All Able
70 Al-Muqtadir (المقتدر) The All Determiner, The Dominant
71 Al-Muqaddim (المقدم) The Expediter, He Who Brings Forward
72 Al-Mu'akhkhir (المؤخر) The Delayer, He Who Puts Far Away
73 Al-Awwal (الأول) The First
74 Al-Akhir (الأخر) The Last
75 Az-Zahir (الظاهر) The Manifest, The All Victorious
76 Al-Batin (الباطن) The Hidden, The All Encompassing
77 Al-Wali (الوالي) The Patron
78 Al-Muta'ali (المتعالي) The Self Exalted
79 Al-Barr (البر) The Most Kind and Righteous
80 At-Tawwab (التواب) The Ever Returning, Ever Relenting
81 Al-Muntaqim (المنتقم) The Avenger
82 Al-'Afuww (العفو) The Pardoner, The Effacer of Sins
83 Ar-Ra'uf (الرؤوف) The Compassionate, The All Pitying
84 Malik-al-Mulk (مالك الملك) The Owner of All Sovereignty
85 Dhu-al-Jalal wa-al-Ikram (ذو الجلال و الإكرام) The Lord of Majesty and Generosity
86 Al-Muqsit (المقسط) The Equitable, The Requiter
87 Al-Jami' (الجامع) The Gatherer, The Unifier
88 Al-Ghani (الغنى) The All Rich, The Independent
89 Al-Mughni (المغنى) The Enricher, The Emancipator
90 Al-Mani'(المانع) The Withholder, The Shielder, the Defender
91 Ad-Darr (الضار) The Distressor, The Harmer (This attribute can only be found in hadith)
92 An-Nafi' (النافع) The Propitious, The Benefactor
93 An-Nur (النور) The Light
94 Al-Hadi (الهادي) The Guide
95 Al-Badi (البديع) The Incomparable, The Originator
96 Al-Baqi (الباقي) The Ever Enduring and Immutable
97 Al-Warith (الوارث) The Heir, The Inheritor of All
98 Ar-Rashid (الرشيد) The Guide, Infallible Teacher and Knower
99 As-Sabur (الصبور) The Patient, The Timeless

these are all found in the holy Quran, i didn't make em up.

PELON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PELON » January 22nd, 2007, 11:32 pm

I CAN HAVE 1000 NAMES IT DOESNT MAKE ME ANY GREATER...IS IT BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THATS WHAT HE REPRESENTS??

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 22nd, 2007, 11:37 pm

CAN HAVE 1000 NAMES IT DOESNT MAKE ME ANY GREATER
becuz they wont be true, you are not the creator nor the protector and etc.
IS IT BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THATS WHAT HE REPRESENTS??
it's Gods words. and anwayz what did you expect the attributes of God were??