What is the most racist country in the world??

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 736
Joined: February 7th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Unread post by johnnnny » March 21st, 2007, 1:05 pm

I'd have to say Greenland
i hear its cold up there cause the weather is racist......

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 21st, 2007, 1:07 pm

johnnnny wrote:
I'd have to say Greenland
i hear its cold up there cause the weather is racist......
It's true, the weather up there has something againts warm bodied people.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 736
Joined: February 7th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Unread post by johnnnny » March 21st, 2007, 1:12 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
johnnnny wrote:
I'd have to say Greenland
i hear its cold up there cause the weather is racist......
It's true, the weather up there has something againts warm bodied people.
those fuckers....

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 736
Joined: February 7th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Unread post by johnnnny » March 21st, 2007, 1:17 pm

Australia is the only country in the western world that has been declared to have a racist agenda by the UN and the Aussies are to quick to say its the foreigners fault. I wont deny that there might be problems though.
i saw this youtube video of some muslim kids going around asking people questions that was on the immigration test. ( i guess thats what you call it). Anyways they went around asking white people to spell beautiful, and a little more than half could spell it right lol

dont_fear
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 30
Joined: March 14th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Unread post by dont_fear » March 21st, 2007, 3:06 pm

"Staying on topic, I think this is a stupid topic. Racism doesn't know "borders" so I think it's stupid to assume one country can be more or less racist then another."


The reason why i started this topic was to know or have a view of racism around the world. This is not a stupid topic, in fact this racism topic is the reason why blacks worldwide are still at the botton of the chain.
Since you believe that its stupid to assume that one country is more or less racist then another maybe you should think that if you are white what would happen to you if were in Zimbabwe or if you are black what would happen to you if you lived in Russia, what would be the probabilities of you being racist abused.
I do blame the white ancestry for this type of racism that came from slavery, slavery now a days became a color issue and its clear to everyone to see it, even among blacks.[/b]

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 736
Joined: February 7th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Unread post by johnnnny » March 21st, 2007, 3:30 pm

^--- he has a good point

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » March 21st, 2007, 3:30 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
Suomi has a good hockey team, Kurri use to play for them did he not?
Yea, our team is pretty good. Especially as we are a very small nation. I'm not that much into hockey, but I do watch Olympic games and World Champioships. And yes, Jari Kurri definetly has played for Finland. Nowadays he's the GM of our team. One of the legends of hockey.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 21st, 2007, 3:30 pm

dont_fear wrote:"Staying on topic, I think this is a stupid topic. Racism doesn't know "borders" so I think it's stupid to assume one country can be more or less racist then another."


The reason why i started this topic was to know or have a view of racism around the world. This is not a stupid topic, in fact this racism topic is the reason why blacks worldwide are still at the botton of the chain.
Since you believe that its stupid to assume that one country is more or less racist then another maybe you should think that if you are white what would happen to you if were in Zimbabwe or if you are black what would happen to you if you lived in Russia, what would be the probabilities of you being racist abused.
I do blame the white ancestry for this type of racism that came from slavery, slavery now a days became a color issue and its clear to everyone to see it, even among blacks.[/b]
I think you missed my point entirely, so let me clarify. Saying one country is more racist then another makes about as much sense as saying one race is more racist then another. Racist people may tend to live in the same general area, or group in certain cities and what not but to make a blanket state like "Russia is racists" makes no sense, and it makes less sense to compare one country to another based on their racist values. So in that sense, it's a stupid topic. There may be a high racist count per capita of people in say Eastern Europe, or South United States, or say Eastern Asia but I don't think you can say one area is worse then another when it comes to terms of racism.

All that being said, I'll re-itterate my top 3 most racist countries in the world all of which are open to debate though I must warn you come prepared because I've done my homework!

3. Finland - see my previous post / punamasta
2. Greenland - see my previous post / weather
1. Antartica - damn penguins

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » March 21st, 2007, 3:46 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
dont_fear wrote:"Staying on topic, I think this is a stupid topic. Racism doesn't know "borders" so I think it's stupid to assume one country can be more or less racist then another."


The reason why i started this topic was to know or have a view of racism around the world. This is not a stupid topic, in fact this racism topic is the reason why blacks worldwide are still at the botton of the chain.
Since you believe that its stupid to assume that one country is more or less racist then another maybe you should think that if you are white what would happen to you if were in Zimbabwe or if you are black what would happen to you if you lived in Russia, what would be the probabilities of you being racist abused.
I do blame the white ancestry for this type of racism that came from slavery, slavery now a days became a color issue and its clear to everyone to see it, even among blacks.[/b]
I think you missed my point entirely, so let me clarify. Saying one country is more racist then another makes about as much sense as saying one race is more racist then another. Racist people may tend to live in the same general area, or group in certain cities and what not but to make a blanket state like "Russia is racists" makes no sense, and it makes less sense to compare one country to another based on their racist values. So in that sense, it's a stupid topic. There may be a high racist count per capita of people in say Eastern Europe, or South United States, or say Eastern Asia but I don't think you can say one area is worse then another when it comes to terms of racism.
No, but what i do think is, and i am pretty sure about that, that a certain political indoctrination and propaganda can enforce racist attitudes.
For example, in East Germany, the number of violent racist incidents and the number of people who vote right wing extremist parties is higher then in Berlin or West Germany. Its because of the political education of the GDR, which made the people more prone to totalitarian ideas.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 736
Joined: February 7th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Unread post by johnnnny » March 21st, 2007, 3:48 pm

Its because of the political education

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 21st, 2007, 3:55 pm

Sentenza wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:
dont_fear wrote:"Staying on topic, I think this is a stupid topic. Racism doesn't know "borders" so I think it's stupid to assume one country can be more or less racist then another."


The reason why i started this topic was to know or have a view of racism around the world. This is not a stupid topic, in fact this racism topic is the reason why blacks worldwide are still at the botton of the chain.
Since you believe that its stupid to assume that one country is more or less racist then another maybe you should think that if you are white what would happen to you if were in Zimbabwe or if you are black what would happen to you if you lived in Russia, what would be the probabilities of you being racist abused.
I do blame the white ancestry for this type of racism that came from slavery, slavery now a days became a color issue and its clear to everyone to see it, even among blacks.[/b]
I think you missed my point entirely, so let me clarify. Saying one country is more racist then another makes about as much sense as saying one race is more racist then another. Racist people may tend to live in the same general area, or group in certain cities and what not but to make a blanket state like "Russia is racists" makes no sense, and it makes less sense to compare one country to another based on their racist values. So in that sense, it's a stupid topic. There may be a high racist count per capita of people in say Eastern Europe, or South United States, or say Eastern Asia but I don't think you can say one area is worse then another when it comes to terms of racism.
No, but what i do think is, and i am pretty sure about that, that a certain political indoctrination and propaganda can enforce racist attitudes.
For example, in East Germany, the number of violent racist incidents and the number of people who vote right wing extremist parties is higher then in Berlin or West Germany. Its because of the political education of the GDR, which made the people more prone to totalitarian ideas.
My point again is that you can't seriously tell me the second a person crosses the border from East to West he can tell the difference in racist values. I wish it were that easy, then I can claim there is some difference in moral judgement between americans and Canadians. Fact remains you can't tell a whole lot of difference between where I live and if I drive 150km to America. It's more gray then that, racism can't be drawn with solid lines.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » March 21st, 2007, 4:07 pm

Yea i get what you mean. But still i think some people are more "open minded" then others, because of history.
You will find more racist attitudes in isolated areas for example then in areas that had a lot of contact with people from different races.
Most of the time, but yea you can not generalize it.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 21st, 2007, 4:25 pm

Sentenza wrote:Yea i get what you mean. But still i think some people are more "open minded" then others, because of history.
You will find more racist attitudes in isolated areas for example then in areas that had a lot of contact with people from different races.
Most of the time, but yea you can not generalize it.
Right and I understand that. I know being in Canada that the average Canadian is more then likely more open minded then your average American. I can't stay that America is more racist then Canada because I know there's a lot of full blown racists up here too and it has nothing to do with the fact that one is Canadian and one is American. You don't cross those borders and you're magically nicer or meaner. It's more complex then that and you can't base it solely on borders.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 736
Joined: February 7th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Unread post by johnnnny » March 21st, 2007, 4:30 pm

are racists nice people?

User avatar
CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 215
Joined: March 21st, 2007, 4:41 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » March 21st, 2007, 5:30 pm

punamusta wrote:
Hell wrote:I thought the whites run the european country not them damn muslims.
The whole problem with muslims in Europe is more of a myth than anything.

But partly true, white people do run Europe. But rich, neo-liberal, white people. They run the EU and everything within. Things are rapidly getting worse for regular working people and unemployees, no matter if they're white or not.
Its true. The poor get poorer the rich get richer.Like in Platoon when that one foo says "The poor always gettin fucked over by the rich, always have always will."

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » March 21st, 2007, 6:35 pm

^^^^Cosign. My turkish neighbour has the same problems paying his rent as i have.

dont_fear
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 30
Joined: March 14th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Unread post by dont_fear » March 22nd, 2007, 3:19 am

I think you missed my point entirely, so let me clarify. Saying one country is more racist then another makes about as much sense as saying one race is more racist then another. Racist people may tend to live in the same general area, or group in certain cities and what not but to make a blanket state like "Russia is racists" makes no sense, and it makes less sense to compare one country to another based on their racist values. So in that sense, it's a stupid topic. There may be a high racist count per capita of people in say Eastern Europe, or South United States, or say Eastern Asia but I don't think you can say one area is worse then another when it comes to terms of racism.



I disagree with you, i do believe that some countries are more racist then others, what you are saying is the same as saying that there are not dangerous places that u shouldnt go to at certain times, because you can get yourself jacked.
The truth is that there are certain areas that are more dangerous then others, but that doesnt mean that all of the people who live in that area are criminals, but that area is still the most dangerous are to go to.
The same happens to countries where racism is more predominant than anywhere else, but that doesnt make all the people in that country racist, however that country is highly racist compared to other countries.
As example of this you have the Nazi Germany, the most racist country at the time, but i am sure that not all germans were racist, you get my drift.
One last thing, everyone is entitle to their opinion and i respect your but i still believe in my views.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 615
Joined: November 4th, 2006, 4:44 am

Unread post by frozen fire » March 22nd, 2007, 4:57 am

Racism is everywhere. every city and country, racism is not a monopoly of any country but there are countries/cities which are more racist then others.

QUESTION: Is racism more likely to occur in a place where there is a foreign minority and a national majority? and why?

peace.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 22nd, 2007, 8:28 am

dont_fear wrote:I think you missed my point entirely, so let me clarify. Saying one country is more racist then another makes about as much sense as saying one race is more racist then another. Racist people may tend to live in the same general area, or group in certain cities and what not but to make a blanket state like "Russia is racists" makes no sense, and it makes less sense to compare one country to another based on their racist values. So in that sense, it's a stupid topic. There may be a high racist count per capita of people in say Eastern Europe, or South United States, or say Eastern Asia but I don't think you can say one area is worse then another when it comes to terms of racism.



I disagree with you, i do believe that some countries are more racist then others, what you are saying is the same as saying that there are not dangerous places that u shouldnt go to at certain times, because you can get yourself jacked.
The truth is that there are certain areas that are more dangerous then others, but that doesnt mean that all of the people who live in that area are criminals, but that area is still the most dangerous are to go to.
The same happens to countries where racism is more predominant than anywhere else, but that doesnt make all the people in that country racist, however that country is highly racist compared to other countries.
As example of this you have the Nazi Germany, the most racist country at the time, but i am sure that not all germans were racist, you get my drift.
One last thing, everyone is entitle to their opinion and i respect your but i still believe in my views.
You're comparing crimes to racism. You're comparing something we have an endless amount of statistics for, to something we have next to no statistics for. How do you define "most" racist country? 'Most' is a ridiculous unit of measurement.

I'll state again what I said before, you can't define an area being racist by it's borders nevermind the fact how are you measuring the racist levels in certain countries? Based on what? You're free to disagree with me all you want, you're free to say "No THIS country is more racist that THAT" but at the end of the day you're still wrong. It's much deeper then just a simple line drawn on a map. But by all means, continue to play your game.

I now nominate Tuvalu for the top 3 most racist countries. Since I already had 3, it will fall under number 2.75.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 207
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 12:23 pm

Unread post by Odog » March 22nd, 2007, 9:49 am

Maybe then the topic should be:The country with the most racist crime.Statistics never lie.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 22nd, 2007, 11:29 am

Odog wrote:Maybe then the topic should be:The country with the most racist crime.Statistics never lie.
That would involve motivation for the crime and I think at times that can be skewed depending on the evidence.

It more or less comes down to how to do you prove/rank a certain countries racist behaviour. Based on what? I do have a problem with grouping in an entire country based on the actions of some but it still comes down to how do you determine that a country or it's people are indeed racist on the a level they can be considered "worst".

I'm sure there are pockets of people all over countries like Russia and America that are uneducated to the point that they're racist. I still don't think that speaks for the whole country. And yes, I understand stats like crimes don't speak for the whole country and yes, they can give some indication that statistically speaking you may be the victim of a crime in a certain area of the world, but you can't say the same for racism. You can't say "Well Russia is a racist country and in my view one of the worst offenders and statsicically speaking you have a better chance of running into a racist in Russia with a ranking of 8 or higher on the 'Really bad racist-o-dometer'". It makes no sense. I think the topic would be better suited being titled "My experience with racists around the world" and let's hear some testimonials, not guessing and second hand information.

dont_fear
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 30
Joined: March 14th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Unread post by dont_fear » March 22nd, 2007, 12:01 pm

What makes you think that you are right and i am wrong?
You believe in what you want to belive and i believe in what i want to believe and thats that.
Dont tell me i am wrong, thats the problem with the world today, fools trying to impose their views on others.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 22nd, 2007, 12:58 pm

dont_fear wrote:What makes you think that you are right and i am wrong?
You believe in what you want to belive and i believe in what i want to believe and thats that.
Dont tell me i am wrong, thats the problem with the world today, fools trying to impose their views on others.
Again, you seem to be failing to read what I'm putting in the post. You're wrong for comparing a crime situation to a racist situation, there is no comparison, perhaps it was just a poor choice on your part. You can argue that all you want. I never said I was right about anything, I simply said you were wrong for comparing the two. And your analogy that one country is worse then another isn't wrong so much as it is baseless. If you can come up with some sort of system in which you are basing it upon then we can go from there but until you do this thread is merely a "I think so and so is more racist" and the discussion seems to be ending there.

Like I said this thread would be better suited if people here gave some of their personal experiences with racism in different countries.

This goes back to one of the first posts on this thread from punamusta:

Does any of the people here have real experience of those countries that you're listing?

Or is all of your "knowledge" based on TV and hearsay?

No one has even tried to example (short of a single post by johnny) why the believe one country is worse then another. Like Sentenza said from the first post, it's a game really. There is no base to this, hence my "stupid" comment.

I now nominate The Moon of Endor, which isn't a country so much as a planet from a galaxy far, far away.

3. Finland
2.75. Tuvalu
2. Greenland
1.33333333. Moon of Endor
1. Antartica
0.5. A_Ghost

I dare anyone to challenge my selections!

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 22nd, 2007, 1:02 pm

punamusta wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:
Suomi has a good hockey team, Kurri use to play for them did he not?
Yea, our team is pretty good. Especially as we are a very small nation. I'm not that much into hockey, but I do watch Olympic games and World Champioships. And yes, Jari Kurri definetly has played for Finland. Nowadays he's the GM of our team. One of the legends of hockey.
Can't believe I missed this post, perhaps because of the racist undertones. Anyways, I know Kurri played for Finland but I remember seeing him in a Suomi jersey, whether or not thats the national team I don't know but I do remember a blue Suomi jersey specfically, perhaps with a lion on it. I'm a huge Kurri fan dating back to the early 80's Oiler Dynasty. :)

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Unread post by se11 » March 22nd, 2007, 1:04 pm

dont_fear wrote:I think you missed my point entirely, so let me clarify. Saying one country is more racist then another makes about as much sense as saying one race is more racist then another. Racist people may tend to live in the same general area, or group in certain cities and what not but to make a blanket state like "Russia is racists" makes no sense, and it makes less sense to compare one country to another based on their racist values. So in that sense, it's a stupid topic. There may be a high racist count per capita of people in say Eastern Europe, or South United States, or say Eastern Asia but I don't think you can say one area is worse then another when it comes to terms of racism.



I disagree with you, i do believe that some countries are more racist then others, what you are saying is the same as saying that there are not dangerous places that u shouldnt go to at certain times, because you can get yourself jacked.
The truth is that there are certain areas that are more dangerous then others, but that doesnt mean that all of the people who live in that area are criminals, but that area is still the most dangerous are to go to.
The same happens to countries where racism is more predominant than anywhere else, but that doesnt make all the people in that country racist, however that country is highly racist compared to other countries.
As example of this you have the Nazi Germany, the most racist country at the time, but i am sure that not all germans were racist, you get my drift.
One last thing, everyone is entitle to their opinion and i respect your but i still believe in my views.
but it doesnt matter about the citizens feel. if the government wants to come off racist, people go and label the whole country racist.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 207
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 12:23 pm

Unread post by Odog » March 22nd, 2007, 1:24 pm

1 of they racist encounter that i had with a German.In Holland and Belgium you have like these familyparks.Where you go on vacation with the whole family.Germans also visit these parks.So i was on this waterbicycle in the lake of the park,with two of my nephews and we came across this restaurant who was at the lake.And a German cunt said:"Look some monkeys in the water",and started laughing.My nephew heard him and started screaming at him.That made the German even laugh harder.He grabbed an ashtray and throwed it at us,grabbed his camera and started filming us for our response.While saying look some monkeys.Now my nephew went totally berserk,but his little brother got scared so we just went away.We were only like 10 or something.This guy was like something in his late 30's 40's.And in the 80's and 90's German skinheads were always in the news,like big skinheads riots and German skinheads wanting to come to Holland and shit.Skinheads killing blacks,Turks and shit in Germany.And i had a coloured uncle living in Germany,who left because it was to racist.Further maybe not really racist but i was in London and i couldn't get in the clubs i wanted.The only clubs i could get in was clubs where only black people went.I did get some comments from bouncers like:White people can't go out they have to work tomorrow,not like you people.I went to the clubs on a sunday,so i don't think he saw that we were tourist.Further allot of racist shit i met was from Dutch people or Belgium people.But then i'll be writing all night.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 207
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 12:23 pm

Unread post by Odog » March 22nd, 2007, 1:27 pm

BTW i want to say i don't hate Germans whatsoever.You can't generalise,so if i meet a German i don't think,oh again some racist cunt.Everybody starts with a clean record.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » March 22nd, 2007, 2:19 pm

Odog wrote:1 of they racist encounter that i had with a German.In Holland and Belgium you have like these familyparks.Where you go on vacation with the whole family.Germans also visit these parks.So i was on this waterbicycle in the lake of the park,with two of my nephews and we came across this restaurant who was at the lake.And a German cunt said:"Look some monkeys in the water",and started laughing.My nephew heard him and started screaming at him.That made the German even laugh harder.He grabbed an ashtray and throwed it at us,grabbed his camera and started filming us for our response.While saying look some monkeys.Now my nephew went totally berserk,but his little brother got scared so we just went away.We were only like 10 or something.This guy was like something in his late 30's 40's.And in the 80's and 90's German skinheads were always in the news,like big skinheads riots and German skinheads wanting to come to Holland and shit.Skinheads killing blacks,Turks and shit in Germany.And i had a coloured uncle living in Germany,who left because it was to racist.Further maybe not really racist but i was in London and i couldn't get in the clubs i wanted.The only clubs i could get in was clubs where only black people went.I did get some comments from bouncers like:White people can't go out they have to work tomorrow,not like you people.I went to the clubs on a sunday,so i don't think he saw that we were tourist.Further allot of racist shit i met was from Dutch people or Belgium people.But then i'll be writing all night.
Well like i said, depends on where you go. Id go as far as saying that germans are not more or less racist than anyone else. Where i am at, you will barely meet those people. Almost never.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » March 22nd, 2007, 3:58 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
punamusta wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:
Suomi has a good hockey team, Kurri use to play for them did he not?
Yea, our team is pretty good. Especially as we are a very small nation. I'm not that much into hockey, but I do watch Olympic games and World Champioships. And yes, Jari Kurri definetly has played for Finland. Nowadays he's the GM of our team. One of the legends of hockey.
Can't believe I missed this post, perhaps because of the racist undertones. Anyways, I know Kurri played for Finland but I remember seeing him in a Suomi jersey, whether or not thats the national team I don't know but I do remember a blue Suomi jersey specfically, perhaps with a lion on it. I'm a huge Kurri fan dating back to the early 80's Oiler Dynasty. :)
Hahah, now I understand why you had to ask if Kurri has played for Suomi. Suomi means Finland in our own language ;)

And our crest (if that is the right word) has a golden lion with a sword on its hand, so you remember right - Kurri has played in a blue Suomi jersey with a lion on it.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 207
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 12:23 pm

Unread post by Odog » March 23rd, 2007, 8:27 am

Sentenza wrote:
Odog wrote:1 of they racist encounter that i had with a German.In Holland and Belgium you have like these familyparks.Where you go on vacation with the whole family.Germans also visit these parks.So i was on this waterbicycle in the lake of the park,with two of my nephews and we came across this restaurant who was at the lake.And a German cunt said:"Look some monkeys in the water",and started laughing.My nephew heard him and started screaming at him.That made the German even laugh harder.He grabbed an ashtray and throwed it at us,grabbed his camera and started filming us for our response.While saying look some monkeys.Now my nephew went totally berserk,but his little brother got scared so we just went away.We were only like 10 or something.This guy was like something in his late 30's 40's.And in the 80's and 90's German skinheads were always in the news,like big skinheads riots and German skinheads wanting to come to Holland and shit.Skinheads killing blacks,Turks and shit in Germany.And i had a coloured uncle living in Germany,who left because it was to racist.Further maybe not really racist but i was in London and i couldn't get in the clubs i wanted.The only clubs i could get in was clubs where only black people went.I did get some comments from bouncers like:White people can't go out they have to work tomorrow,not like you people.I went to the clubs on a sunday,so i don't think he saw that we were tourist.Further allot of racist shit i met was from Dutch people or Belgium people.But then i'll be writing all night.
Well like i said, depends on where you go. Id go as far as saying that germans are not more or less racist than anyone else. Where i am at, you will barely meet those people. Almost never.
I know and i got no problem with Germans.I see it as individuals who are racist not a whole race or government or something.And there clubs at the border are the bomb.Clubbing to 7 in the morning.And those white Germans can dance as f*ck.For real.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » March 23rd, 2007, 1:32 pm

It all depends on what kind of racism you're taliking about.

anti-black racism: Sudan, Mauretania (50% 0f black males are in slavery), South Africa, Brazil (treats its black people like 2nd class citizens), US, most Latino countries with a black population.

anti-Asian: Australia

anti-white/European: China, Japan, Middle East in general

anti-Latino: US, dark latinos dicriminated in their own countries.

anti-Native Amer.: Brazil, Central American countries in general, Mexico.

anti-Arab: France, Spain, US, Britain

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 207
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 12:23 pm

Unread post by Odog » March 23rd, 2007, 3:12 pm

Silencioso wrote:It all depends on what kind of racism you're taliking about.

anti-black racism: Sudan, Mauretania (50% 0f black males are in slavery), South Africa, Brazil (treats its black people like 2nd class citizens), US, most Latino countries with a black population.

anti-Asian: Australia

anti-white/European: China, Japan, Middle East in general

anti-Latino: US, dark latinos dicriminated in their own countries.

anti-Native Amer.: Brazil, Central American countries in general, Mexico.

anti-Arab: France, Spain, US, Britain
Anti-Asian Australia??You got to explaine that homie,more like anti-Aboriginals.
anti-Latino:US more like anti-Afro American
anti-Arab Spain well 300 citizens died after a terrorist attack by Maroccans you figure it out.

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”