THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST...

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
ogcjm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST...

Unread post by ogcjm » April 20th, 2004, 3:40 am

G bka C.rum wrote:Maaan that Garbage wasnt even scriptually accurate. I agree it does make you think of the sacrifice Christ made for his ppl. All BS aside why cant they just tell the truth about Christ true Color. I know someone is gonna say Color doesnt matter he died for all of us, which isnt true but if it isnt important why do they stress him being white so much when the Bible clearly says otherwise? Ive been tryin to drop this on ppl all week.
yo i agree with what you are saying but i have come to one conclusion its that every race portrays christ in thier own image i know that in the bible it says that christ has bronze skin and wool like hair me and you both know the truth he is a man of color but everbody has thier own idea of what he really looked like thats just just the way some people belive i my self feel that i know the truth Only.God.Can.Judge.ME

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 20th, 2004, 8:50 am

The level of melatonin that existed in Christ's physical body on this earth is about the least important thing to fixate on. If you must obsess, obsess on finding out what he said, why he said it, and what it means to you. For example, do you know what he meant when he said "First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean?" I do. Peace.

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » April 21st, 2004, 9:34 pm

i heard so many good things about the movie and i cant wait to see it a month ago my wife went to go see it and she was crying trought the whole movie. there was a man in north carolina after he had seen the movie he confessed to the police that he killed his girlfriend. a woman in whicita kansas died of a hear attack while watching the movie. the actor who played jesus while shooting the movie was almost stuck by lighting several times during the making of that movie this information was on enertainment tonight when the movie first previewed. i dont care what color jesus is as long he loves me and forgives me for all my sins thats all that matters. i cant wait to see this movie jesus died for all of us remember that

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » April 23rd, 2004, 8:37 am

He he - couldn't help but add a flow to this thread...

This is my view of Prophet Mel's film -

Mel grew up with a father who was a very old fashioned Catholic - the kind who only say mass in Latin and hold onto tradition fiercly. This group of Catholics left the Roman Catholic Church in the 1960's, cos of the Second Vatican Council, with whom the old fashioned folk had beef.

The thing was that the old fashioned Latin lot believed a rather dubious piece of theology - that is that there was a 'blood curse' on the Jewish people as, apparently, the whole lot of 'em crucified Christ!. This is the same ting that the Nazis dug up to help persecute the Jews. The oldy Catholics left the Roman Catholics after that time. The Second Vatican Counsil had decided that there was too great a distance between the clergy and the people, so the Latin Mass was abandoned and also they prayed that the Holy Spirit would come back into the church as tradition and cobwebs had kinda left no room for the spirit of creation! The Second V Council didnt believe in the 'blood curse'

So, Mel leaves home from a dominating, overbearing father who is full on involved in his oldy church, a man right at the top of the heirachy. Mel rebels, runs off to Hollywood, makes naughty films like, er, Lethal Weapon etc - Then as he grows older, he returns to the fold after family and all that. In classic Freudian style, he tries to impress daddy and equal him. So he makes a religeous blockbuster, the Passion.

Trouble with the Passion is that its bad theology. One reason is that it takes the passion and crucifixion of Christ out of the wider context of his life and the meaning of his life. It focuses on death and suffering - fetishises suffering - like those religeous cults that are into the 'mortification of the flesh' Very old fashioned Catholic idea - that spirit and flesh are in opposition (crazy theologists - we are always one entity!)
The meaning of Christs life was REDEMPTION - and that included the Jewish people. So to focus on Sado Masocistic images out of context from ideas of liberation and redemption for the whole human family.

In short - the movie has subtle inflections of anti-semitism on the one hand and one the other is sado masocistic, out of context in terms of our glorious potential for redemption. It has however, possibly resolved Mel's Oedipus Complex. Amen.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 23rd, 2004, 12:07 pm

Interesting post Noog. I think the movie is a good visual aid from the four physical dimension (length, width, height, time) perspective of how much Christ suffered for us, however, I honestly thought it would have been better as a miniseries where a much wider span of time was covered.

sexy_blonde_69
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sexy_blonde_69 » May 10th, 2004, 12:45 am

i know me and my best friend went to go see it and we cryed in the whole movie it was sad :( and made me re think life but that only lasted for the night

Ace2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Ace2 » June 2nd, 2004, 9:45 pm

ogcjm wrote:
G bka C.rum wrote:Maaan that Garbage wasnt even scriptually accurate. I agree it does make you think of the sacrifice Christ made for his ppl. All BS aside why cant they just tell the truth about Christ true Color. I know someone is gonna say Color doesnt matter he died for all of us, which isnt true but if it isnt important why do they stress him being white so much when the Bible clearly says otherwise? Ive been tryin to drop this on ppl all week.
yo i agree with what you are saying but i have come to one conclusion its that every race portrays christ in thier own image i know that in the bible it says that christ has bronze skin and wool like hair me and you both know the truth he is a man of color but everbody has thier own idea of what he really looked like thats just just the way some people belive i my self feel that i know the truth Only.God.Can.Judge.ME
Well the truth will come out alot of people for some reason want to deny the fact that JESUS was of color it clearly states that in the bible but because it doesnt actually say that he was black people are always going to debate this issues. come on now bronze skin hair like wool you tell me if that is not a man of color it is surely not a blonde hair blue eyes. People will always fight to keep the truth from being known.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » June 2nd, 2004, 11:03 pm

G bka C.rum wrote:Know what!! F that i'll do it now. When I say scriptually inaccurate Im talkin about all the added in stuff that the scriptures dont mention, why? cause it didnt happen. Where in the scriptures did it say a bird comes and plucks out the eyes the man on the cross?, where did it say that mary wiped up the blood after he was beaten? and wear did the Pontus Pilates wife come from to give them the towels?. Where do you read about some kids which were demons chasin Judas into the desert?. And where the Hell do you read about Satan standing over Christ when hes praying to his Father and then a snake droppin from between his legs and Christ step on it?Also why werent they speakin Hebrew? And I understand at the end when you see that one tear drop and the earth shakes thats supposed to be symbolic for The Most High shedding a tear for his Son but where were all the dead that rose up outta the grave all added on to the story or things were taken out. Rev.22;18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall ADD unto these things, God shall ADD unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the book of Life, and I didnt even get on Christ color thats a whole nother story Rev.1;13-15 and Dan.10;5-6 clearly show you he wasnt the complextion that we've been shown for centuries. So again there goes another lie and who would lie on the Son of God? Easy the Devil. Mels track record isnt lookin to good with God but his lying ass dont care anyway he made that movie for the money he could care less about the truth when it comes to Christ if not he wouldve told the truth, thats why he didnt put a black man to play Christ but if Christ was black that means he wouldve had to have black ppl to play the Jews because Christ was a Jew but then he wouldve had to bring more truth out and nobody wouldve went to see the movie then and he wouldve got no money cause know one wants to hear the truth. You dont play with Gods word for peoples entertainment and hes gonna have to answer for that. All these people sittin up actin and cryin in the theatre is just a stage show when most of em are gonna cry this Sunday fakin the funk and go back into thier same sins on Monday not even thinkin about the Sacrifice that was made. I got way more heat on this topic but ima chill for now.
As Salaam Alaikum G bka C.rum

I'm new to this site and I just came across this message you gave and excuse the language, but DAMNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you PUT IT DOWN BROTHER.............I really don't have to add on to anything you said,you
broke it down lovely, but I got to add this one very small point.....

Do those of you who say race doesn't matter, do you REALLY, REALLY REALLY believe that if white folk will lie about Jesus color, that that will be the "ONLY" thing that they will lie about in regards to Jesus and the scriptures???????? COME ON YA'LL, white folk created a whole new religion when they started Christiananity. If color is not important than why not leave him the color the book say he is????

I challenge any of you to show me in the Bible(and choose any version, because you know there are HUNDREDS of different versions) where Jesus says in plain words(not any hidden metaphores) that he is Christian and that we should be christian.. Holla at me when you find that.

BIG UP TO YOU "G bka C.rum" you put it down!!!!!! Hit me up on the PM option and let's build.

P.S.
I tripped off the one dude didn't even have no comeback, he just said, just go see the movie.(that was funny). On the real though, that just shows you that the average person's belief is built on tradition or someone else views. Most of us believe what we was raised on, and we never challenge it. We won't read for ourselves, it's easier just to accept what we was told.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 3rd, 2004, 8:30 am

Those who believe Jesus is the son of God and follow his teachings (ie Christians) come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » June 6th, 2004, 12:43 pm

Ace2 wrote:
ogcjm wrote:
Well the truth will come out alot of people for some reason want to deny the fact that JESUS was of color it clearly states that in the bible but because it doesnt actually say that he was black people are always going to debate this issues. come on now bronze skin hair like wool you tell me if that is not a man of color it is surely not a blonde hair blue eyes. People will always fight to keep the truth from being known.
I honestly dont really care wut race and color God is. Hes God!! Why wud and shud it matter??

queen_of_da_b1tches

Unread post by queen_of_da_b1tches » June 7th, 2004, 2:22 am

AIGHT NOBODY KNOWS WHAT COLOR THE HELL GOD IS OK! FOR ALL WE KNOW HE COULD BE ALL THE FU_CKING COLORS SH*T I DUNNO NOBODY DOES! GOD PUT WHITES BLACKS MEX ON THIS FOR SAKEING EARTH FOR A REASON! WHO CARES WHAT COLOR HE IS WHAT MATTERS IS HE PUT US ALL ON THIS EARTH DIFF COLORS

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » June 7th, 2004, 8:58 am

queen of the b!@#$#$??? yeah ok!! come on now!!

D.X

queen_of_da_b1tches

Unread post by queen_of_da_b1tches » June 7th, 2004, 3:53 pm

D.X. wrote:queen of the b!@#$#$??? yeah ok!! come on now!!

D.X

got a prob d.x because im not here to pull up with your bull sh*t

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » June 7th, 2004, 4:58 pm

The movie will truly make you rethink what you are doing in life. Does anyone think that the movie is used to convert people or pull them from their sin. I dont i just think it is a visual to put more structure into what one already believez.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » June 7th, 2004, 6:32 pm

queen_of_the_b1tches wrote:
D.X. wrote:queen of the b!@#$#$??? yeah ok!! come on now!!

D.X

got a prob d.x because im not here to pull up with your bull sh*t
I'm just saying....queen of the b!@#$#@??? you can't be serious. (No disrespect intended)

D.X

queen_of_da_b1tches

Unread post by queen_of_da_b1tches » June 7th, 2004, 10:04 pm

iam serious!

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » June 7th, 2004, 10:18 pm

well dx we see where she got her name from eh...

queen_of_da_b1tches

Unread post by queen_of_da_b1tches » June 8th, 2004, 1:13 am

did anybody ask you tank i dont think so!

aurora240

Unread post by aurora240 » June 8th, 2004, 3:48 am

queen_of_the_b1tches wrote:did anybody ask you tank i dont think so!

queen of the b_tches you need to chill out on the attitude aight i ment what kind sn is that anyway? you need to find a better sn and a better attitude before you get your azz kicked queen bcuz you will if you keep that attitude yours aight later

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » June 8th, 2004, 10:10 am

cant we all get along....we are talkin about Christ here....

aurora240

Unread post by aurora240 » June 8th, 2004, 8:36 pm

CW wrote:cant we all get along....we are talkin about Christ here....

sorry cw

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » June 10th, 2004, 7:54 am

CMAO...thanks

dream_girl88

Unread post by dream_girl88 » June 19th, 2004, 10:40 am

the movie was very good it changed my life it made me look at things differenly you know and it didnt just change my life it changed alot peoples life it changed my best friends life she was anthis until she saw the passion and now she believes and i heard somewhere this guy watched the passion of the christ and after he finsished watching the movie he went to go tell the police he robbed a bank anther guy after seeing the passion went to the police and told em he killed his gf the passion is a very good movie

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » December 24th, 2007, 4:23 am

LcBwC wrote:The movie will truly make you rethink what you are doing in life. Does anyone think that the movie is used to convert people or pull them from their sin. I dont i just think it is a visual to put more structure into what one already believez.
great flick, i wonder if people converted, but i am more curious why movie studios didnt want to back Gibson. Did they think the movie would flop? If they knew how much money it would really make, would they support it now.?

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » January 5th, 2008, 12:15 pm

alexalonso wrote:
LcBwC wrote:The movie will truly make you rethink what you are doing in life. Does anyone think that the movie is used to convert people or pull them from their sin. I dont i just think it is a visual to put more structure into what one already believez.
great flick, i wonder if people converted, but i am more curious why movie studios didnt want to back Gibson. Did they think the movie would flop? If they knew how much money it would really make, would they support it now.?
??? I call it the Jesus beatin' movie... cuz that is all I saw.... I didnt see anythng spiritual about it at all, but i am starting to see a theme with film arts and aussies..... enchanting!

on another subtopic here, why are people trippin on what color God is... as if he were a lowly human!

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » January 5th, 2008, 12:16 pm

alexalonso wrote:
??? I call it the Jesus beatin' movie... cuz that is all I saw.... I didnt see anythng spiritual about it at all, but i am starting to see a theme with film arts and aussies..... enchanting!

on another subtopic here, why are people trippin on what color God is... as if he were a lowly human!

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » January 5th, 2008, 8:02 pm

justice league wrote: why are people trippin on what color God is... as if he were a lowly human!

Genesis 1:26- "Then God said, "Let US make man in OUR IMAGE, according to OUR LIKENESS"

Image - NOUN: A reproduction of the form of a person or object, especially a sculptured likeness.

Likeness - NOUN: The state, quality, or fact of being like; resemblance.

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » January 5th, 2008, 8:59 pm

Have you ever though that a 100 years ago everyone in North America thought God was white? It's just been recently that people have started to talk about god's race...

Now, think about it.

Every religion has one supreme being and in each religion that supreme being is of the race that that religion is most being used in, but then again the race of the supreme being is always disputed. Officially this is what most people think the supreme being's race is:

***The four major religions***

Christianity - White
Hinduism - East Indian
Islam - Middle Eastern
Buddism - Asian/Chinese

People have different opinions on everything, and unless God comes to Earth some day or Jesus tells us in his second coming once we ask him, we will never know what colour the Christianity's God is...

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » January 6th, 2008, 10:45 pm

clipse wrote:
justice league wrote: why are people trippin on what color God is... as if he were a lowly human!

Genesis 1:26- "Then God said, "Let US make man in OUR IMAGE, according to OUR LIKENESS"

Image - NOUN: A reproduction of the form of a person or object, especially a sculptured likeness.

Likeness - NOUN: The state, quality, or fact of being like; resemblance.

so.... according to you,,,, God is a lying cheating selfabsorbed fear-based individual with insecurities? i think not....
I dont think God is any race either.....
and how is it you quote a statement comes from the book of Jews as the End All Be All?

I am not buying it. God is far too big to be subjected to human ideals and frailties.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » January 6th, 2008, 10:46 pm

flame_guards_member1 wrote:Have you ever though that a 100 years ago everyone in North America thought God was white? It's just been recently that people have started to talk about god's race...

Now, think about it.

Every religion has one supreme being and in each religion that supreme being is of the race that that religion is most being used in, but then again the race of the supreme being is always disputed. Officially this is what most people think the supreme being's race is:

***The four major religions***

Christianity - White
Hinduism - East Indian
Islam - Middle Eastern
Buddism - Asian/Chinese

People have different opinions on everything, and unless God comes to Earth some day or Jesus tells us in his second coming once we ask him, we will never know what colour the Christianity's God is...
when you figure out a square box has 10 sides you can start thinking outside it.

SpiritualKnight
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: waco

Unread post by SpiritualKnight » September 13th, 2018, 2:35 am

Russ Dizdar is a current preacher/former ohio police chaplain, who speaks about the massive satanic cult activity going on in ohio, and other states/places. (his facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/russ.dizdar). He lives in summit county, ohio - he helps people that are born into satanic cults get out, receive salvation, and provides protection to them, and also helps bring healing from a condition they often impose on members from birth, called multiple personality disorder (MPD - also known as DID, dissociative identity disorder), which they use to help keep members under control/hidden.. The satanic covens/cult groups do this through various methods of torture from birth, to bring about a 'split' in the personality through trauma - then hypnosis (and other essentially brainwashing techniques) are used on the 'split personalities', which are 'programmed' (so to speak) to be obedient and do the work. The process is known/documented as satanic ritual abuse (SRA - look it up..) - the man russ helps get salvation/healing for ALL the personalities, and can help provide means of escape/protection for those that want out of these satanic cults/secret society groups.These satanic cult groups I'm talking about are part of the anti-christ's satanic army that's spoken about in the prophetic bible verses of revelation (revelation 16:13-14, revelation 19:19), and are secretly operating inter-connected HEAVILY all over the country, and in other places world wide... They have people operating covertly at all levels of government, education, entertainment, law enforcement, and religions/religious groups (pretending to be one religion, while secretly they're a satanist), and they are VERY ORGANIZED, AND VERY ACTIVE. (*Note* also youtube search: 'cia and satanism' - ted gunderson, a former FBI member, has some really valuable/interesting information concerning this topic.. also look up 'MK-Ultra', and 'project bluebird'.... there are official government files/documents available online, concerning this stuff.) These are the last days (matthew 24), and the end of this world as we know it is not far off. These satanic cults engage in the act of casting spells/hexes on people, as well, but christians are able to combat this with the power of God them through prayer, and also deliverance for the satanic witch's can be attained. The preacher russ has powerful spiritual warfare teachings (Judges 9:57, Matthew 16:18-19, Mark 16:16-18, Luke 10:18-20, Acts 13:1-12, Acts 16:16-18, Ephesians 6:10-17) - witchcraft is real (Deuteronomy 18:10-11, Luke 10:18-20, Romans 16:10, Acts 19:18-29, 1 Timothy 4:1, Revelation 2:24), and these satanic covens/cult groups are heavily into it, doing human sacrifice and other things for demonic empowerment (2 Kings 21:6, Matthew 16:26-27, Luke 4:5-7, Acts 8:9-1, Revelation 18:23), and are involved in/tied to child kidnappings, much of the sex trafficking/sex slave stuff, serial killers (for example: charles manson, and richard ramirez -AKA the night stalker, who was from texas...), and also many people believe that some of the mass murderer's/shooters that have been arrested are potentially satanic cult coven members/victims of the satanic ritual abuse, themselves... This stuff is VERY REAL, and it is a VERY SERIOUS SITUATION - the man russ provides massive concrete evidence concerning this matter, and I have a qucik/powerful overview teaching that's posted at the top of my page, with a few links attached to it, that will help bring a strong understanding concerning the situation, while providing evidences as well. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT! (my face book is: https://www.facebook.com/kenny.jackson.5011)