BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
kushbomb
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 49
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 7:22 pm
Location: the los

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by kushbomb » March 25th, 2004, 7:28 pm

[quote="JuniorX"]yeh laugh it up brother.. buy ur female ass a ticket here..ill serve u straight up.. then well see who is laughn[/quote]

what a joke. and wuts up with your profile? why would anyone not form the gutter want to be a gangster if they have an opportunity in life?sure all glitz and glamor till your homies start gettin killed, your familys life in danger and then you get killed. sydney is a damn nice city, do something productive in the area not bangin so your children aint gotta be a sucker like you.

User avatar
juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: January 17th, 2004, 6:40 am
Location: West-Sydney

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by juniorx » March 26th, 2004, 6:52 am

Fair enuff sam u taco eating burrito.... ill chill.. just dont talk shit bout stuff u dont know.. Capish.. come to my neighbourhood.. stay here then judge.. dont talk shit bout nothin u dont know. and KRDreJ yeh i said brother and ?.. put a point to ur post.. female.. code.. street thug bang bang.. yeh u be from the gutter to be that.. families with money can turn into hella gangstaz and will straight whoop any street thug, gangsta shit.. alright.. they about the cash.. peeps u be talkin bout from the gutter be about hangin on an interestion lookin for trouble.. so keep them fat female lips or yours sealed..

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1066
Joined: June 12th, 2003, 10:26 am

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » March 26th, 2004, 3:09 pm

juniorx

Your right you don't have to be from the poorhouse to go to the big house man. But there's nothing glamorous about being a gangsta. Nothing.

I eat burritos and tacos dog so chill with that.

User avatar
juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: January 17th, 2004, 6:40 am
Location: West-Sydney

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by juniorx » March 26th, 2004, 4:40 pm

yeh im cool.. Peace to all.. no mess intented .. right all..

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by el tio » March 26th, 2004, 4:51 pm

BlaKK wrote:Depending on what hood u from sometimes its true. Blakks do Punk mexicans, and vice versa,.


Thas true because when I was like 8 or 9 years old this young set that called themselves the playboy's (how original) was always pickin' on the mexican kids.

You see Mexicans are docile and passive by nature. Blacks are more outgoing and assertive. So what happens in the hood is that the Blacks usually take advantage of this situation. This is a generality, of course, but I've seen it my whole life.

Then what happens is that the non-docile Mexican gets mad about this and starts hating on all blacks. But not all blacks hate Mexicans.........it's just a few that take advantage of them.

The same reason Whites hate everybody. Because a few blacks and mexicans act like fools and they think we're all the same way.

There are racist people in all colors..........but there are more non-racist people for sure.

Peace.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by Common Sense » March 26th, 2004, 5:00 pm

El Tio,

You raise an interesting point.

I read a study about a year ago on "How Korean Merchants Viewed Hispanics and African Americans As Customers, Employess and Neighbors".

I will go in to this in greater detail on another thread.

But a quick run down:

The korean merchants were more likely to hire latino workers before they would hire black workers, because the Koreans felt the Latino employees in general were easier to work with, and more pleasant to the customers and less likely to cause trouble.

This study is interesting and I will bring it up again later.

User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by wcrockets » March 26th, 2004, 11:43 pm

That's crazy. I'm white and I don't hate any race including my own. I know lots of white people that feel the same way. Still once you get into the job market we all know the real story there. Whites have the advantage and that's just the way it is in my opinion. Forgive me. I have to go now and call a close black friend who was just let go today where I work and ask how can I be of help over the next few months untill he gets a new job. That's just the reality. Of course the white guy who worked with him was retained.

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by el tio » March 28th, 2004, 7:19 am

COMMON SENSE: come back and give us the link 'cause there are just too many categories on this board.

WCROCKETS: that's cool you're gonna offer some help.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by Common Sense » March 28th, 2004, 10:08 am

I can't find the link right now, but it's about 16 pages. Interesting read. It's called:

Who is my neighbor. Koreans perception of blacks and latino's as employess, customers and neighbors.

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by el tio » March 28th, 2004, 1:25 pm

Common Sense wrote:I can't find the link right now, but it's about 16 pages. Interesting read. It's called:

Who is my neighbor. Koreans perception of blacks and latino's as employess, customers and neighbors.


actually i meant give us the link of topic you may start in another thread.

but yeah the title is good too, i'll see if i can find it.

Guest

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by Guest » April 21st, 2004, 7:58 am

.

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 518
Joined: April 10th, 2004, 6:06 am
Location: Modesto Norcal

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by rumble2005 » April 21st, 2004, 11:30 am

We all kick it together....Like one big familia.....

User avatar
TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1064
Joined: January 20th, 2004, 1:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Windsor Hills section)

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by TheReal » April 21st, 2004, 12:52 pm

ROOKIE wrote:IS THIS TRUE


*Man, this is a stupid thread, because I've seen it go both ways throughout my life. As a matter of fact, younger mexicans today are bragging about how their aztec ancestors had a knack for staring "inferior" amerindian tribes down, and how that this action showed strength and daring. I've even heard mexicans justify other mexicans mad-dogging, by claiming that it's in their genes to do so, which is b.s.

I guess what I'm really addressing is the point that this one cat made on this post, by saying that mexicans by nature are passive and not as assertive as black folks, whereby black folks would take advantage of it. Why? Because if that's the case-and I'm not denying any truth in this statement-then why do many mexicans of today, excuse and justify much of their rude behavior, by classifying it as a cultural phenomenon, as opposed to what it really is-OBNOXIOUS BEHAVIOR!

I remember as a shorty, mexicans trying to mad dog the kid, and bully the kid (yours truly), relentlessly. On the same token, I ran into my fair share of black fools who would do the same. Not only that, I have friends and relatives from the 70's and early 80's, who lived amongst a mexican majority, and told tales of how mexicans would bully them, and jump them.

To me, the myth of the bullying black person is an extreme caricature, that many mexicans will throw out there, in order to justify their hatred, and bad intentions, that many want to have for black folks.

I think the badass, obnoxious behavior is equal, however, I do feel that there are more mexicans, that are out on a mission to prove just how big and bad they are, in comparison to blacks-as if there's some competition on their part, with black folks, on who's going to wear the badazz crown. (Much of this arrogance was already there, however it was dormant, simply because they weren't in the majority, in certain areas. Once their majority status kicked in, or was fast approaching, thus came the unabandoned, free expressions of badazz behavior). That's why many of them feel the need to want to war with black folks, not necessarily because of territory, but because black folks are black-ESPECIALLY THE MALES!

I can go much further with this, but let me end it by saying that the devil that posted this topic, had done so just in order to fuel the already heated tensions there are, between blacks and mexicans, or for that matter-the mexican/chicano community's collective, latent hatred for black folks, a hatred that most black folks don't have a clue about, nor want to acknowledge. This was the true aim of this post.

Secondly, I am one black man, who don't view the collective mexican population as black folks allies! I know you may have blacks on this site that may feel the opposite, but I myself view the collective mexican population, the same way I'd view whites: AS RACIAL OUTSIDERS!!!! Just because they've been oppressed by white folks, and many of them are of a darker skin complexion in comparison, doesn't mean that they are automatically going to be down for black folks, nor even think on the levels of solidarity with black folks!! Hell! You have black folks that hate each other and themselves, and don't want to ally with other black folks for the betterment of the race, so why should we believe racial outsiders like mexicans, should feel a closeness to us, and think otherwise?

Every mexican reading this post know that the majority of black folks don't hate mexicans, and would loooooooooooooooooooove to consider mexicans as their allies! Every mexican reading this post knows that amongst their own people, there are those who view black folks who feel this way (e.g. mexicans and blacks are allies, or should be allies) as punks and marks. Many will view blacks who want alliances with mexicans as "pinche mayates" that want to ride the brown band-wagon, seeing as how they're (mexicans) the new minority/majority, throughout L.A., etc. Also many mexicans view black folks talking solidarity with mexicans, as black folks who are ashamed of their own race, to the extent that they mask their sense of inferiority, by expressing concerns of outreach and solidarity with mexicans-which is the ultimate example of an "inferior" race, trying to attach itself onto the "superior" host race, and graft a new identity in the process.

This is what many mexicans believe, when black folks talk about outreach to mexicans, and many will use that to their advantage, in more ways than one. And again, many mexicans, including the fool that originated this post, realize that black folks aren't enemies of mexicans, but can black folks say the same for the mexican collective-I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK SO!! So yeah, I'm clowning this fool for posting up this b.s., and trust me, I'd like to say more about this cat, but I'm trying to be civil, and not resort to name calling.

Now mind you, I'm not saying that black folks can't have mexican or white friends, etc., because I've had mexican homies throughout my life, as well as white ones. However, what I am saying, is that the same suspicion and symbolic under-eyed look that most black folks intuitively, whether it be justified or not, give to white folks, even without black folks realizing this, ought to be given in return to mexicans as a group, because in the end, all black folks-besides God-really have on this earth, is each other, and those individuals whom they consider their friends, regardless of what race they're from.

I guess the sad thing is, in many ways, many black folks really don't even want each other...

~CMA~gLoVeS
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: April 19th, 2004, 9:05 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by ~CMA~gLoVeS » April 21st, 2004, 2:13 pm

who gives a shit.. i have mad homies who are black and im mexican.....it only makes your crew stonger when you have homies from both sides....hating someone because of the color of their skin is f-ckin ignorant....

pimpsmooth420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 355
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 6:36 am
Location: modesto ca

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by pimpsmooth420 » April 22nd, 2004, 12:48 am

^^^^^ i agree with that fo sho

pimpsmooth420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 355
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 6:36 am
Location: modesto ca

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by pimpsmooth420 » April 22nd, 2004, 12:48 am

^^^^^^ i agree with that fo sho

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 518
Joined: April 10th, 2004, 6:06 am
Location: Modesto Norcal

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by rumble2005 » April 22nd, 2004, 10:44 am

I agree with it too......

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by el tio » April 23rd, 2004, 12:43 am

TheReal wrote:
ROOKIE wrote:IS THIS TRUE

...I rememember as a shorty, mexicans trying to mad dog the kid, and bully the kid (yours truly), relentlessly...

Alas, we may have insight into the origin of the anger.

Lets try and work through this Real.

How did the "mad dogging" make you feel?

e
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 68
Joined: June 8th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by e » April 24th, 2004, 1:47 pm

el tio wrote:
TheReal wrote:
ROOKIE wrote:IS THIS TRUE

...I rememember as a shorty, mexicans trying to mad dog the kid, and bully the kid (yours truly), relentlessly...

Alas, we may have insight into the origin of the anger.

Lets try and work through this Real.

How did the "mad dogging" make you feel?


lol. The truth comes out. TheReal's just releasing his frustration on the net because the "devils" used to take his lunch money.

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by el tio » April 24th, 2004, 9:02 pm

TheReal wrote:lol. The truth comes out. TheReal's just releasing his frustration on the net because the "devils" used to take his lunch money.

Damm, mad and hungry.......now that's rough. :lol:

User avatar
TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1064
Joined: January 20th, 2004, 1:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Windsor Hills section)

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by TheReal » April 26th, 2004, 9:52 am

el tio wrote:
TheReal wrote:
ROOKIE wrote:IS THIS TRUE

...I rememember as a shorty, mexicans trying to mad dog the kid, and bully the kid (yours truly), relentlessly...

Alas, we may have insight into the origin of the anger.

Lets try and work through this Real.

How did the "mad dogging" make you feel?


*Man, at first I wasn't going to respond to your garbage, but after you insulted me twice in a row, a response from me, was forthcoming.

So having said that:

You, nor your sycophant "e" (or possible alter ego) have my number, nor my modus operandi. If you read my post carefully, instead of extracting what you wanted to extract, you would've read where I stated that blacks were acting similar, and at the very least, I had bad experiences with them as well.

All children, or should I say most, will run across those type of experiences during their early childhood. Now mind you, the older I became, especially when I became more aware, and developed a little size, the bullying began to decline, to where it was no more in existence.

Now don't get me wrong, I had to beat down this one black guy, and mexican guy, on two separate occasions for getting up in my grill while in high school, but by my high school years (this is where the beatings of these two degenerates had taken place), I was taking names and prisoners.

My whole point in expressing all this, is to relay the fact that mexicans and blacks, as well as whites (I've had my experiences with them too), will take advantage of those whom they perceive to be weaker than them, and will mercilessly maddog those folks whom they think/know, they can whip, or take down-either one on one, or because they're in a group, or possess some type of weaponry.

And as far as how maddogging made/makes me feel, well-I never leave the house without being strapped, just in case some fool wants to jumpstart some mess...

Having said that, I still stick by 100% of what I addressed in my previous post, on this same topic.

User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by wcrockets » April 26th, 2004, 9:55 am

Give it a rest el tio. Thanks.

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by el tio » April 26th, 2004, 10:37 am

wcrockets wrote:Give it a rest el tio. Thanks.

oh snap......shut down by the mod.

okay, i'll give it a rest........so long as the Real doesn't get mad for me "chillin'"..........seeing how black people probably invented relaxation too. heheh.

i'm out.

User avatar
TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1064
Joined: January 20th, 2004, 1:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Windsor Hills section)

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by TheReal » April 26th, 2004, 10:56 am

el tio wrote:
wcrockets wrote:Give it a rest el tio. Thanks.

oh snap......shut down by the mod.

okay, i'll give it a rest........so long as the Real doesn't get mad for me "chillin'"..........seeing how black people probably invented relaxation too. heheh.

i'm out.


*I think it's you and your people, who want to claim that black folks have taken everything, even down to the very rap/hip-hop music black folks listen to and perform, from mexicans, which we all know in the case of rap/hip-hop music to zoot-suits-THE EXACT OPPOSITE IS TRUE! Or are you going to tell me that it was really a mexican that created rap/hip-hop music (strange and idiotic as this may sound, I've heard quite a few mexicans put forth this b.s.), and the only reason why folks thought rap/hip-hop music was a black creation, was because the first rapper-who was a mexican-was named EL MORENO NEGRO???!!!

Scrappy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 53
Joined: May 5th, 2004, 10:14 am

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by Scrappy » May 5th, 2004, 11:20 am

ROOKIE wrote:IS THIS TRUE
MAN FUK THAT SHIT AM BLACK I KICK IT WITH MEXICANS COLOMBIANS WHATEVER THEY GOT MY BACK I GOT THERE BACK FUCK THAT RACE SHIT HOMIE SOME UR OWN RACE CAN SET U UP OR RAT ON U JUST LIKE SOMEONE OF A DIFFERENT RACE I KICK WITH THE REAL NO MATTER WHAT RACE

Lisseth
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: February 7th, 2004, 1:42 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by Lisseth » May 6th, 2004, 12:51 pm

TheReal, have you stopped to consider that you are being ridiculously pretencious???? Maybe the reason you getting "looked-down" is because of your haughty attitude towards everyone. Psych 101: you can't like others if you don't love yourself. Perhaps all this alienation has caused others to alienate you in return. You are right, "Mexicans" (Latinos, thank you, not everyone that speaks Spanish is of Mexican descent) did not invent rap, nor the zoot-suit, nor is this particular place in the world considered the birthplace of man. But don't you think that if everyone gave up their childish pride and actually SHARED the accomplishments and the joy that comes with them (for ex. music), we would all be in a better position?

I agree with you, the theme of the title of this thread takes on does seem to have a perhaps hateful undertone, but you are only contributing to this negativity.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1289
Joined: March 23rd, 2004, 11:19 am
Location: VALLEJO
Contact:

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by GTS » May 6th, 2004, 1:29 pm

I THINK IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE ENVIRONMENT YOUR BROUGHT UP IN AND THE PEOPLE WHO YOU HANG OUT WITH WHICH INFLUENCE THIS PROBLEM. UP NORTH IT'S ALL LOVE BETWEEN CHICANOS AND BROTHAS, AND THEY NETWORK TOGETHER ON THE STREETS AND BEHIND BARS. I'VE NEVER UNDERSTOOD THE FUNK THAT TAKES PLACE DOWN SOUTH, BUT ALSO YOU GUYS PLAY BY DIFFERENT RULES, WITH DIFFERENT ATTITUDES AND HATE. BUT ANY TIME YOU HAVE A CITY AS BIG AS LA, WITH THAT MANY RACES SHARIN TURF, THERE WILL BE HOSTILITY. BAY AREA IS HOME TOO MANY RACES IN BIG CITIES, BUT ON A SMALLER LEVER. IT'S ALL ABOUT GETTIN THAT MONEY, YOU GUYS ARE DOIN THE POLICE'S DIRTY WORK, BY FUNKIN WITH EACH OTHER WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THE MAN WANTS.( THAT IS MY OPINION)

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by el tio » May 7th, 2004, 8:45 am

Lisseth wrote:TheReal, have you stopped to consider that you are being ridiculously pretencious???? Maybe the reason you getting "looked-down" is because of your haughty attitude towards everyone. Psych 101: you can't like others if you don't love yourself. Perhaps all this alienation has caused others to alienate you in return. You are right, "Mexicans" (Latinos, thank you, not everyone that speaks Spanish is of Mexican descent) did not invent rap, nor the zoot-suit, nor is this particular place in the world considered the birthplace of man. But don't you think that if everyone gave up their childish pride and actually SHARED the accomplishments and the joy that comes with them (for ex. music), we would all be in a better position?

I agree with you, the theme of the title of this thread takes on does seem to have a perhaps hateful undertone, but you are only contributing to this negativity.


Nobody ever told him that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "childish pride".

For example, "black people invented the zoot suit". Can't a white person say that they invented "suits" and a zoot suit is just a variation of a suit. And that black people "stole" that from them, because in Africe they just wore minimal cloths if anything at all?

It's really just so childish.

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by el tio » May 20th, 2004, 7:08 am

Invincible wrote:...Ever find yourself looking at a absolutely smokin girl...

all the damn time... [img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/jasons_smilie/smart.gif[/img]

User avatar
TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1064
Joined: January 20th, 2004, 1:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Windsor Hills section)

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by TheReal » May 21st, 2004, 6:03 am

My response to Lisseth:

-TheReal, have you stopped to consider that you are being ridiculously pretencious????

*How am I being pretentious? I'm stating what I know, and have experienced.

-Maybe the reason you getting "looked-down" is because of your haughty attitude towards everyone.

*I never said anything about me "getting 'looked-down'" on, rather, I'm referring to mad-dogging, which is basically "staring down" someone. There's a difference. One basically denotes a feeling of superiority that you may feel over a person your looking at, but doesn't necessarily mean anything else, whereas staring down someone may denote a feeling of superiority over the person you're looking at, but it doesn't have to be. You see, staring down someone may be needed by the individual doing the staring, because they themselves feel a sense of inadequacy and the only way they can prove their sense of being (or manhood), is by invading someone else's space, by entering into their world and staring them down. This way, they can feel as if they've accomplished a great feat, by making someone break their stare, therefore making them (the one mad-dogging)the top dog, and have a sense of adequacy, or superiority over the person they stared down-at least for the moment-seeing as how they were able to enter that other persons space and time, and control it.

Of course, there are many reasons and angles that I could've delved into, in regards to "staring down", or "mad-dogging folks", however, I'm staying within the context of your statement, which was a pretext-because I never claimed that I had a problem with anyone looking "down" on me, even though one can "stare" someone down, and feel a sense of superiority over them.

And as far as my haughty behavior:

You see, you don't know me personally in real life. The only conclusions that you can come to, in regards to my personality, and what makes me tick, is what you see here on the net, and the pronouncements that I put forth.

In real life, I have real good street etiquette, and have an unassuming persona. As a matter of fact, my street etiquette, and etiquette in general, is so unassuming and under the radar, to where it has led people to cross the line with me, on numerous occasions, because they thought I was weak and soft. Because of my giving nature at times, and slow-paced demeanor, many folks thought that I was a doormat, or a pushover. As a result, I’ve noticed that folks would instantly take that as a sign of weakness, and decide to do with me, whatever they will, and are highly surprised when I strike back. I've even heard folks complain to me, about how I'm too polite, and overly nice. One woman at my job told me that I oughtn't let folks take advantage of me, and give me their workload, when I have enough on my own to handle.

So no, I don't want walk around arrogant, or haughty, and the things I do for other folks-if I do it-isn't because I'm perpetually weak, or soft, it's because that's just my make-up. But see, folks will detect some softness in your personality, and automatically assume that they can take it you. Because remember, folks who severely mad-dog another person, for the most part, does so, because they truly believe that they have a physical, or mental advantage over that individual-especially if it's a one on one situation. In other words, they feel that they can physical take down that individual that they're mad-dogging, whereas with other folks, they wouldn't feel that way towards. Trust me, folks who looooooove to stare down folks, and will brag about it, won't do this, and can't do this with everyone.

(I realize there are more reasons and motivations behind the "stare down", however, I'm just dealing with the type of motivations that are relevant to this topic, and your point.)

With that said, I now, in return, stare down folks as well, and will only break the stare if I'm walking by them, by slowing turning my head. Besides, I've noticed the older I've become, the less and less mad-dogging I receive, especially when I give it back to that individual. You see, you can tell when someone's trying to get macho with you, with the intentions of punking you, or those individuals who are mildly fascinated by what they see. (If you're a male, and the latter applies, to where you stare strongly and conspicuously at another dude to where it’s noticeable, I guess I would personally have to question your sexuality; for real.)

Right now, I'm 6 foot 4, 245lbs. and bench 370lbs, squat 500lbs., and can curl 180lbs. I have a black belt in Tang Soo Do, and am presently a brown belt in Kenpo, as well as cross-train in brazilian ju-jitsu. I can use my hands to break through wood, tile, and brick, and because of my military training-I CAN USE VARIOUS TYPES WEAPONRY! I've also seen combat; have been shot at, and have shot back. The reason for me revealing certain dimensions and qualifications about myself is just to let folks know that I'm not physically a wuss (neither am I the strongest person out there), just because at times, I may possess a soft demeanor. I've never had to fight anyone in quite awhile, and don't look forward to stepping to folks, but I have noticed that individuals that do try to engage me in a stare down, once I gesture at them, as if to say "come bring it", they never do.

I remember in Long Beach once, I was in a heavy sureno territory, visiting my girlfriend. I've never been bothered before, seeing as folks can't figure out, occasionally what I am. Many folks do come to the conclusion that I'm black, or at least have black in me, but are somewhat dismayed over my indigenous (native american features) and the fact that I have straight wavy hair, to where if I let it grow, it would grow all the way down my back. In a lot of ways, my look has given me unknowing passes, when I would venture deep into ese gang territory-but I'm definitely black!

Well anyway, this one morning, I was leaving her spot, to where this one banger was staring at me all hard, to where I stared at him back. To make a long story short, this fool approached me, as if he were going to attack, whereby I pushed him back with one arm, to where he fell to the ground, and as he got up, I pulled out my 45 1911 model pistol, prompting him to back up, while pointing at me and walking away. Now this was in around November or December of last year, and since that time, on up until about a couple a months ago, I've walked by that same area, whether it is at night, or day, and haven't been touched. Oh sure, I do receive heavy stares, but there not as intense as was before.

(Truth be told, I've only passed through that same area, only a couple of times since, because now I’m mostly taking the long way to her spot, in order avoid most of those fools. Besides, I drive my ride to her spot now, instead of catching the train, and walking to her crib, which would have taken pass those fools turf. Luckily for me, I guess, she's moved from that spot over the weekend, and has moved in with the kid! LOL!)

For moments like that, that's the reason why I'm double strapped. I carry a piece in the backseat of my pants, and a snub nose 357 magnum, inserted in my ankle holster. And I also carry a switchblade. Thank god for baggy clothes.

-Psych 101: you can't like others if you don't love yourself.

*I hear what you're saying, but that principle, or teaching/philosophy isn't entirely true.

-Perhaps all this alienation has caused others to alienate you in return.

*Trust me, I have plenty of friends; sometimes too many friends to where they can occasionally get on my nerves, especially those who always want something from me. Besides, how can you glean from what I've said about folks staring me down, with me being alienated, and folks alienating me. Are you suggesting that folks who alienate other folks, instantly become targets themselves, walking around with the mark of Cain on their foreheads?

That doesn’t make sense to me! If anything, I wish folks at times would alienate me, or leave me alone, as I said previously! LOL!

-You are right, "Mexicans" (Latinos, thank you, not everyone that speaks Spanish is of Mexican descent)

*I know this...my father was a black cuban, spoke spanish, and wasn't MEXICAN! That's why I make the distinctions between those latinos/hispanics who are primarily of mestizo origin, like mexicans and salvis, etc., and those who are primarily mulatto (of african descent, with possible amerindian ancestry), or just black, by any definition.

Trust me, I know the differences...

-did not invent rap, nor the zoot-suit, nor is this particular place in the world considered the birthplace of man.

*I know this too...

-But don't you think that if everyone gave up their childish pride and actually SHARED the accomplishments and the joy that comes with them (for ex. music), we would all be in a better position?

*I agree with that, but you see, I'm always put in the position of playing defense, by presenting a strong offense, because many mexicans can't seem to get that through there own skulls. Many of them are the ones who are hell-bent in telling the world that black folks-especially those out west-got every one of their cultural nuances from them (mexicans), and never want to give black folks credit for anything that their people (Mexicans) have appropriated from them (black folks).

I mean, mexicans are always talking about lowriders and cholo gear, and how black folks arrogated these styles from mexicans, therefore mexicans created hip-hop culture (which is bogus), whereas they seem hard-pressed to want to admit the fact that much of the oldies they listen to, come from black folks; much of their slang, and street vernacular, as well as verbal expressions, have come from black folks (not to be confused with calo); rap/hip-hop music, that many of them enjoy and perform, come from black folks; the zoot-suits, came from black folks; etc.

Again, many (not all) mexicans are constantly beating and blasting black folks in the underground media, in real life, and amongst their own circles, with how black folks are unoriginal, and have no souls, and how it's a shame that black folks copied everything they have in culture from mexicans, while mexicans never receive credit for any of it This type of apocrypha teaching is also getting out to the general public, thus smearing black folks reputations.

So in the beginning, I was trying to bring peace, and bridge racial gaps, by expressing the exact same philosophical outlook that you've adopted solely. However, I begin to see, and hear many (not all) mexicans going on a scorched earth policy, in regards to black achievements, accomplishments and feats, to where they were totally extracting any vestige of black folks historical and cultural legacies. I even noticed that many of them would rather credit white folks with creating a particular genre that black folks had created, than to give black folks credit.

To me, this was a sickness, and earmarks of individuals with a phobia, in not wanting to credit black folks with any thing, regardless of how small it is. I call it "negrophobia!"

As a result, I began to strike back ferociously, because I knew then what I was dealing with: A BUNCH OF NEGROPHOBES! It's one thing for me to deal with folks who really believed, due to their ignorance, what they believed; It's quite another thing to deal with folks who intentionally want to think a certain way, despite the overt evidence, because of some agenda they carry.

If you read my posts carefully on the type of topic you broached, you would notice that I've always credited mexican/chicano culture, for having an influence on black L.A. culture, but I've always put it into context: a context that many mexicans, and others, don't like, and can't tolerate. You see, as I said before, I'm not coming from the stance that mexicans created nada, and have never influenced black folks in any given way. But I have seen mexicans who have gone over the meadow and through the woods, to lie to themselves, and to the general public, about how black folks "stole" mexican/chicano culture; how blacks have no culture, or no soul. This is what I've seen and heard, and am telling you what I know. Remember I can' t speak for the next man/woman, as far as what they've seen and heard, but I can, in regards to myself.

So if anything, tell mexicans that, when they lie and tell the world that black folks "stole" their culture, just because blacks primarily in the west lowride, and may dress in what is codified as cholo get up (Read my posts over in the Cholos and Cholas section, dealing with pachucos, where I go into in-depth detail, concerning the origins of these clothes; who wore them first; and how they were codified; etc.), amongst other things. If those are the things that qualify as "stolen" culture, then mexicans listening to, and performing black music, makes mexicans cultural bandits; mexicans mimicking black gestures and mannerisms, makes them cultural bandits; mexicans being credited for the origins of the zoot-suits and other fashions, makes them cultural bandits; mexicans forming organizations like the brown berets, which is structured similar to the black panthers, which preceded the brown berets, makes them cultural bandits; mexicans using the term "brown" or occasionally "brown sugar" to identify themselves with, even though black folks used the term "brown", way before mexicans did (Remember Joe Louis, who was heavyweight champion, from 1937 to 1948, was known as the "Brown Bomber"), makes them (mexicans) cultural bandits; mexicans utilizing black slang (not to be confused with calo), makes them cultural bandit; mexicans playing, listening to salsa, meringue, cumbias, and any other "latin" music, are cultural bandits, seeing as how those caribbean, "latin" musical genres, are african in origin; etc.

In other words, as I've always said, human beings aren't an island unto themselves, and have greatly borrowed, co-opted, appropriated, and arrogated, off of other groups-PARTICULARLY IF YOU LIVE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THEM! All races do this, to an extent, some more so than others. What folks ought to do, is be humble, and not get on a high horse, or platform, about what other groups "stole" from them, when the same folks who are being pointed at for being thieves, can turn right around and pinpoint things that the finger pointers had "stolen" from them!

Simply put, I feel this particular issue (who took what from whom) ought to be given a rest, and just love what you love and appreciate, even if it's from another culture, without being judges. If you want to preserve an element within your own culture, by highlighting it's origins, then fine-JUST DON'T LIE AND GO TO THE EXTREME, IN YOUR RACIALISTIC FERVOR, in wanting to highlight your people's accomplishments and contributions, by pointing to things that your people had no hand in, just because you like a particular thing.

In the end, just be humble, relax, and enjoy what humanity has to offer...

-I agree with you, the theme of the title of this thread takes on does seem to have a perhaps hateful undertone, but you are only contributing to this negativity.

*Any "negativity" that you see coming from my camp, is only in retaliation to the fool who posted this mess. What? I was supposed to kick back and not say anything, when this racist devil drew first blood. I'm always hearing from mexicans, how black folks are pretend badazzes, and think that folks ought to bow down to them (blacks), whereas mexicans don't take that stuff! These fools talk as if mexicans don't possess the same type of folks within their community, that's why I responded with mine own experiences, and I'm sure that other black folks have had similar experiences.

Now I'm not going to deny that there aren't any black folks who are pretend badazzes, however, many mexicans (not all) will use that as a justification-even though there are other issues involved-to bully black folks, and to be badazzes themselves. Hell! I've heard from many mexican youth, that bullying and mad-dogging folks, was apart of their customs and heritage, thus putting a cultural stamp, therefore justification, on certain obnoxious behavior.

I even had one mexican cat tell me that mexicans deserve to mad-dog black folks, and stare them down, just because black folks are beneath them, and that if black folks were to do so to mexicans-that those black folks ought to be taken down, because they don't know their place. Another mexican youth told me that mexicans deserve to punk black folks, seeing as how this is mexican land, so black folks better avert their gaze from mexicans, and know who's the true lords of the southwest.

(This is similar to how white folks, especially during slavery, and the days of Jim-crow, felt about blacks as well, in regards to blacks looking at them in the eyes. Many blacks living in the south back in those days, and other parts of the country, would avert their gaze from white folks, when speaking, and being spoken to. Now you have Mexicans who want to invoke this same practice onto black folks. I guess the thinking is: “Why should white folks have all the fun? And if white folks can punk black folks back then so easily, what does that say about us if we can’t, or don’t even try?”)

This is what I hear, and have heard, from mexicans. The sad thing is, these fools shouldn't have told me this. But then again, someone who's arrogant and prideful, and riding on a wave of racial chauvinism, can be known to be extreme braggarts, and will boast foolishly-revealing things they ought not to, but don't care, because they feel that they're truly in control of the situation anyway, and don't think you can really do anything with the information they let out: because they believe it doesn't matter, seeing as how they feel that they're all that, and you’re nothing!

I can go further with this, but I'll end it by saying that I'm not the bad guy, just because I attack the fool who posted this inflammatory post. If anyone should be attacked, and have the onus of being labeled as the divisive troublemaker, it's that nut! Remember, devils like him, give birth, or rise to persons like myself, for in the end, there will always be an avenging angel, and a witness in the earth, despite how the odds, or stats may appear...

In the end, blacks and Mexicans have their own badazzes, and pretend badazzes equally. At least from my experience, and the experience of the majority of folks reading these words-if they knew what to look for!

User avatar
TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1064
Joined: January 20th, 2004, 1:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Windsor Hills section)

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by TheReal » May 21st, 2004, 6:11 am

My response to an eternal nemesis and footsore

-Nobody ever told him that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

*Please explain, EXPLAIN!!!!

-I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "childish pride".

*About time you've taken a look at the man in the mirror! LOL!

-For example, "black people invented the zoot suit". Can't a white person say that they invented "suits" and a zoot suit is just a variation of a suit. And that black people "stole" that from them, because in Africe they just wore minimal cloths if anything at all?

*Hmmm...I never thought about that. Dig it, how about looking at it this way, in reverse:

Can't a white person say that they invented "automobiles" and that a lowrider is just a variation or modification of an automobile, and that mexicans "stole" that concept from them, because in meso-america there were no automobiles, let alone horses?

-It's really just so childish.

*Whatever...

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: BLACKS THINK THEY CAN PUNK MEXICANS

Unread post by el tio » May 21st, 2004, 2:19 pm

TheReal wrote:*Please explain, EXPLAIN!!!!


It's like this ring-worm:

You get a Hard On by telling us how Black People invented EVERYTHING. And in doing so you dismiss the contributions of others.

For example: You say Black People invented Zoot Suits........and you put importance on who invented it and not who made it famous.

Another example: You say Blacks invented Low-Riders.........and that even though Mexicans made it popular (and have way more lowriders than blacks) you don't care..........cause they COPIED.

THE PROBLEM with your argument is that you think whoever invented something has some inate right to claim it forever..........but I'll show you the problem with that.........using an example.

A WHITE MAN invented Basketball. But yet it took Black Players to make it famous. But under your Logic............no Black people should ever be able to say that they are balllers or "own b-ball".........because after all A WHITE MAN INVENTED IT!

Stop worrying about who invented what and get over yourself already.
[img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/jasons_smilie/smash.gif[/img]

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”