Are blacks racist ?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Red_Diamond
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Are blacks racist ?

Unread post by Red_Diamond » December 3rd, 2004, 3:40 am

a lot of African Americans dislike Hatians and Mexicans. as for white ppl it all really depends. I myself don't have a problem with any race or culture, as long as you dont try me or get on my s*** list you str8

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » December 3rd, 2004, 2:27 pm

JRatta wrote:
D.X wrote: But how is it now that we Black and Brown can't stand each other??? Noone on here can say it's always been like this. I see how our children act better then us adults, they not tripping on each other, but if they hearing us grown ups saying n!@#$ this and mexican that, WHAT THEY GONE START DOING AND SAYING TO EACH OTHER??? We suppose to be their examples and some of us on this site and others I'm sure are adults and look at how we treating each other!!! Our babies our showing us a better example then we are!!! When did we get like this??

I know and believe that all of us Black and brown and even poor whites have the same enemy, and that's the enemy of freedom, justice and equality. We all have the same obsticles. I'm from the south bay area also, and I know the same issues I got with these police, no jobs, stereotypes and all other struggles, I know my Black and Brown brothers got in torrance, compton, inglewood, and any other ghetto in any state. WE GOT THE SAME ENEMY!!! Some of us think that because some have made it out of these hoods or got jobs, that one race is doing better, but I still say, that NONE OF US HAVE DONE ANY BETTER THAN THE OTHER, AND I SAY THIS BECAUSE TO MY HISPANIC BROTHERS ON HERE, WHERE ARE YOUR BANKS?? HOSPITALS?? SCHOOLS?? SUPERMARKETS?? WHO DO WE ALL GO TO TO GET LOANS? MEDICAL TREATMENT? WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING FOR OURSELVES, AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THESE LITTLE MARKETS ON THE CORNER EITHER!!! THE ENEMY STILL OWNS EVERYTHING AND WE HAVE TO GO TO THEM FOR EVERYTHING. WE ON HERE FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER AND WHITE FOLK IS NOT EVEN BEING MENTIONED, HOW IS IT IN THESE JAILS MY BROWN BROTHER CAN SIDE WITH WHITE FOLK, BUT CAN'T STAND HIS OWN BLACK BROTHER?? I DON'T CARE NOTHING ABOUT NO STREET CODES OR JAIL HOUSE BUISNESS, ON THESE STREETS WHITE FOLK HATES ALL OF US SO-CALLED MINORITIES, AND THEN WE CAN'T STICK TOGETHER?? IT'S NO EXCUSE FOR HATING EACH OTHER, WHEN WHITE FOLK HAS DONE THE SAME THINGS LIKE STOLE OUR LAND AND SLAUGHTERED OUR ANCESTORS, TOOK OUR RELIGIONS, NAMES, AND TOTALLY DESTROYED US, AND I DON'T SEE NOBODY ON HERE SPEAKING ON WHITE FOLK. WHY DO THEY GET ALL THE PASSES, BUT WE CAN'T FORGIVE OUR OWN BLACK AND BROWN BROTHER FOR WHAT WE DO OUT OF IGNORANCE.

THIS ENEMY GOT US ALL TURNED OUT AND WE ALL IN THESE HOODS WITH NO HOPE, FAITH, BUISNESSES, JOBS, AND SO WE HAVE TURNED ON EACH OTHER CAUSE WE AFRAID TO CONFRONT THE REAL ENEMY. SOME OF MY CLOSEST HOMEBOYS HAVE BEEN KILLED BY SOME HISPANICS, AND IT IS HARD TO ACCEPT, BUT I KNOW MY HISPANIC BROTHERS ARE JUST AS LOST AS WE ARE, SO I FORGIVE AND HAVE NO BEEF WITH ANY HISPANICS, BECAUSE JUST LIKE US BLACK FOLK, HISPANICS ARE LIVING IN IGNORANCE ALSO. I UNDERSTAND THIS. I KNOW WHAT WHITE FOLK HAVE DONE TO MY PEOPLE AND I DON'T GO AND DO DRIVE-BYS OR JUMP ON WHITE FOLK, SO WHY SHOULD I DO THIS TO MY BROWN BROTHER?? I KNOW WHAT'S COMING TO OUR REAL ENEMY AND I KNOW SOME ON HERE WILL DISAGREE WITH MY VIEWS BECAUSE ALOT OF US ARE AFRAID OF WHITE FOLK AND WE SO IN LOVE WITH THEM, SOME OF US HATE TO HEAR PEOPLE TALK ABOUT WHITE FOLK. MY BROWN AND BLACK BROTHERS ARE DYING IN THE HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS ALL OVER THIS WORLD FIGHTING FOR THIS ENEMY, AND FOR WHAT?? IF YOU MAKE IT BACK TO AMERIKKKA, YOU ALL STILL GONE HAVE TO DEAL WTH THE SAME STRUGGLES AND INJUSTICES. TO MY BROWN BROTHER IN TORRANCE, HOW DO THOSE WHITE POLICE OFFICERS TREAT YOU IN TORRANCE? I KNOW HOW THEY ARE THERE, AND THEY THE SAME WHERE I'M AT, BROTHER WE GOT THE SAME ISSUES WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT. WE SHOULD FOLLOW OUR BABIES EXAMPLES AND LEARN FROM THEM. THEY ACT BETTER THEN US PARENTS, AND IF WE DON'T CHANGE, WE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER GENERATION THAT IS GOING TO HATE AND KILL EACH OTHER FOR NOTHING. WE LOOSING TOO MANY LIVES TO THIS BULL!@#$, I GOT LOVE FOR ALL MY BLACK AND BROWN BROTHERS AND I WANT TO SEE US ALL OVERCOME THIS REAL ENEMY OF FREEDOM, JUSTICE, AND EQUALITY.

ONE LOVE TO ALL OF MY BLACK AND BROWN BROTHERS AND SISTERS ON HERE WHO ARE DOWN WITH SQUASHING OUR SILLY BEEFS AND WHO ARE FOR THE UPLIFTMENT OF OUR PEOPLES.

ALSO, I WANT TO SAY REST IN PEACE TO ALL OF OUR COMRADES(BLACK AND BROWN) WHO WE HAVE LOST TO THESE STREETS.

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

everything u said contradicted the fact that u thought that blacks and browns should unite against the "real enemy". I'm white, i have many mexican friends and a few black friends. We all respect each other, no racism. from what i see your "white man is tryin to keep us brown and balck people down" mentality only exists in your mind. Maybe you don't understand but YOU are being racist like this. I know there is racists in every race, like you, i know because you speak of MY people as if we are all some type of tyrants out to get you.

you speak of how "white folk" have done your people so many wrongs. well what very few of my race has done long ago, has nothing to do with most of us.

why cant we ALL get along... you think you have a salution, but you are really just creating more racial divide with this idea...and i hope you don't teach your child to be a racist hypocrit like you. You're only feeding the race wars with more BS.
dont worry DX is a racist in denial. he blames all black problems on white people, and so they are the "enemy" dont sweat him, i think hes losing his mind

i think blacks are just like everyone else when it comes to racism. you have some racist groups, but the majority can accept people. of course you will have some black people that show no respect for other races, and you will have some the show a whole lot. blacks are no diffrent than whites, mexicans, asians, ect.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 3rd, 2004, 3:16 pm

I sometimes see blacks being racist towards other blacks, but in a passive way.

Some blacks prefer not to seek services from other blacks, because they feel the service rendered will be inferior.

Some blacks automatically assume other blacks are just stupid, so they treat them as such.

Just to name a few examples.

I really do believe that referring to black people with derogatory names as a term of endearment or in common acceptable greetings....you are perpetuating this racism.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » December 3rd, 2004, 4:02 pm

se11 wrote:
JRatta wrote:
D.X wrote: But how is it now that we Black and Brown can't stand each other??? Noone on here can say it's always been like this. I see how our children act better then us adults, they not tripping on each other, but if they hearing us grown ups saying n!@#$ this and mexican that, WHAT THEY GONE START DOING AND SAYING TO EACH OTHER??? We suppose to be their examples and some of us on this site and others I'm sure are adults and look at how we treating each other!!! Our babies our showing us a better example then we are!!! When did we get like this??

I know and believe that all of us Black and brown and even poor whites have the same enemy, and that's the enemy of freedom, justice and equality. We all have the same obsticles. I'm from the south bay area also, and I know the same issues I got with these police, no jobs, stereotypes and all other struggles, I know my Black and Brown brothers got in torrance, compton, inglewood, and any other ghetto in any state. WE GOT THE SAME ENEMY!!! Some of us think that because some have made it out of these hoods or got jobs, that one race is doing better, but I still say, that NONE OF US HAVE DONE ANY BETTER THAN THE OTHER, AND I SAY THIS BECAUSE TO MY HISPANIC BROTHERS ON HERE, WHERE ARE YOUR BANKS?? HOSPITALS?? SCHOOLS?? SUPERMARKETS?? WHO DO WE ALL GO TO TO GET LOANS? MEDICAL TREATMENT? WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING FOR OURSELVES, AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THESE LITTLE MARKETS ON THE CORNER EITHER!!! THE ENEMY STILL OWNS EVERYTHING AND WE HAVE TO GO TO THEM FOR EVERYTHING. WE ON HERE FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER AND WHITE FOLK IS NOT EVEN BEING MENTIONED, HOW IS IT IN THESE JAILS MY BROWN BROTHER CAN SIDE WITH WHITE FOLK, BUT CAN'T STAND HIS OWN BLACK BROTHER?? I DON'T CARE NOTHING ABOUT NO STREET CODES OR JAIL HOUSE BUISNESS, ON THESE STREETS WHITE FOLK HATES ALL OF US SO-CALLED MINORITIES, AND THEN WE CAN'T STICK TOGETHER?? IT'S NO EXCUSE FOR HATING EACH OTHER, WHEN WHITE FOLK HAS DONE THE SAME THINGS LIKE STOLE OUR LAND AND SLAUGHTERED OUR ANCESTORS, TOOK OUR RELIGIONS, NAMES, AND TOTALLY DESTROYED US, AND I DON'T SEE NOBODY ON HERE SPEAKING ON WHITE FOLK. WHY DO THEY GET ALL THE PASSES, BUT WE CAN'T FORGIVE OUR OWN BLACK AND BROWN BROTHER FOR WHAT WE DO OUT OF IGNORANCE.

THIS ENEMY GOT US ALL TURNED OUT AND WE ALL IN THESE HOODS WITH NO HOPE, FAITH, BUISNESSES, JOBS, AND SO WE HAVE TURNED ON EACH OTHER CAUSE WE AFRAID TO CONFRONT THE REAL ENEMY. SOME OF MY CLOSEST HOMEBOYS HAVE BEEN KILLED BY SOME HISPANICS, AND IT IS HARD TO ACCEPT, BUT I KNOW MY HISPANIC BROTHERS ARE JUST AS LOST AS WE ARE, SO I FORGIVE AND HAVE NO BEEF WITH ANY HISPANICS, BECAUSE JUST LIKE US BLACK FOLK, HISPANICS ARE LIVING IN IGNORANCE ALSO. I UNDERSTAND THIS. I KNOW WHAT WHITE FOLK HAVE DONE TO MY PEOPLE AND I DON'T GO AND DO DRIVE-BYS OR JUMP ON WHITE FOLK, SO WHY SHOULD I DO THIS TO MY BROWN BROTHER?? I KNOW WHAT'S COMING TO OUR REAL ENEMY AND I KNOW SOME ON HERE WILL DISAGREE WITH MY VIEWS BECAUSE ALOT OF US ARE AFRAID OF WHITE FOLK AND WE SO IN LOVE WITH THEM, SOME OF US HATE TO HEAR PEOPLE TALK ABOUT WHITE FOLK. MY BROWN AND BLACK BROTHERS ARE DYING IN THE HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS ALL OVER THIS WORLD FIGHTING FOR THIS ENEMY, AND FOR WHAT?? IF YOU MAKE IT BACK TO AMERIKKKA, YOU ALL STILL GONE HAVE TO DEAL WTH THE SAME STRUGGLES AND INJUSTICES. TO MY BROWN BROTHER IN TORRANCE, HOW DO THOSE WHITE POLICE OFFICERS TREAT YOU IN TORRANCE? I KNOW HOW THEY ARE THERE, AND THEY THE SAME WHERE I'M AT, BROTHER WE GOT THE SAME ISSUES WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT. WE SHOULD FOLLOW OUR BABIES EXAMPLES AND LEARN FROM THEM. THEY ACT BETTER THEN US PARENTS, AND IF WE DON'T CHANGE, WE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER GENERATION THAT IS GOING TO HATE AND KILL EACH OTHER FOR NOTHING. WE LOOSING TOO MANY LIVES TO THIS BULL!@#$, I GOT LOVE FOR ALL MY BLACK AND BROWN BROTHERS AND I WANT TO SEE US ALL OVERCOME THIS REAL ENEMY OF FREEDOM, JUSTICE, AND EQUALITY.

ONE LOVE TO ALL OF MY BLACK AND BROWN BROTHERS AND SISTERS ON HERE WHO ARE DOWN WITH SQUASHING OUR SILLY BEEFS AND WHO ARE FOR THE UPLIFTMENT OF OUR PEOPLES.

ALSO, I WANT TO SAY REST IN PEACE TO ALL OF OUR COMRADES(BLACK AND BROWN) WHO WE HAVE LOST TO THESE STREETS.

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

everything u said contradicted the fact that u thought that blacks and browns should unite against the "real enemy". I'm white, i have many mexican friends and a few black friends. We all respect each other, no racism. from what i see your "white man is tryin to keep us brown and balck people down" mentality only exists in your mind. Maybe you don't understand but YOU are being racist like this. I know there is racists in every race, like you, i know because you speak of MY people as if we are all some type of tyrants out to get you.

you speak of how "white folk" have done your people so many wrongs. well what very few of my race has done long ago, has nothing to do with most of us.

why cant we ALL get along... you think you have a salution, but you are really just creating more racial divide with this idea...and i hope you don't teach your child to be a racist hypocrit like you. You're only feeding the race wars with more BS.
dont worry DX is a racist in denial. he blames all black problems on white people, and so they are the "enemy" dont sweat him, i think hes losing his mind

i think blacks are just like everyone else when it comes to racism. you have some racist groups, but the majority can accept people. of course you will have some black people that show no respect for other races, and you will have some the show a whole lot. blacks are no diffrent than whites, mexicans, asians, ect.

ANOTHER WHITE PERSON SAYING "OH I GOT BLACK AND MEXICAN FRIENDS"

I DON'T EVEN GET DOWN WITH RESPONDING TO THESE BULL!@#$ A!@ THREADS ANYMORE, YA'LL MADE YA'LL POINT, I MADE MINE, THE TRUTH IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YA'LL EYES, WE ALL KNOW WHO THE ENEMY OF FREEDOM, JUSTICE AND EQUALITY IS!!!! END OF SUBJECT, CASE CLOSED.

GUNJA SMOKIN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GUNJA SMOKIN » December 3rd, 2004, 5:58 pm

dx.... u have got to be THE most narrow minded person i EVER seen in a forum EVER

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » December 3rd, 2004, 6:17 pm

D.X. wrote:
se11 wrote:
JRatta wrote:

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

I DON'T EVEN GET DOWN WITH RESPONDING TO THESE BULL!@#$ A!@ THREADS ANYMORE, YA'LL MADE YA'LL POINT, I MADE MINE, THE TRUTH IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YA'LL EYES, WE ALL KNOW WHO THE ENEMY OF FREEDOM, JUSTICE AND EQUALITY IS!!!! END OF SUBJECT, CASE CLOSED.
D.X. your outa your mind bro. you say you don't want a racist society, yet you promote racism more than anyone here.

ElGuero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ElGuero » December 10th, 2004, 5:31 pm

There are 2 concepts of race, the biological which simply notes variety among different groups of individuals, and the social construct. It is the social construct of race which is the most troubling, in that American society views white as "normal" and then divides the world into various gradations of white, with the WASP being at the top of the chain, and Italians, Latinos of predominantly Spanish origin further out, and then the various other races. With this social Darwinistic approach also comes the fact that biological distance from "normal" tends to equate with social distance from the prestige culture.

Now, are blacks racist? Sure.....every group has racists. Its a part of the system, make the poor people hate each, blame each other for their shortcomings, etc, rather than fighting the system responsible for creating those situations in the first place.

But yeah, racism is extremely common......at times its fueled by jealousy......how a light skinned kid will be treated bad by darker kids because those kids think that kid is better off in the whole chain of media imposed standards.....

Tying this all to gangs......I remember high school, especially with Blacks, light girls would get jumped for being light. With Latinos.....mmmm well, I use "el guero" on here for a reason ;)

But seriously, what I found really interesting is that while the more indigenous looking Latino guys couldn't kick it with the Blacks, while I look pretty much Spanish...European, I was able to kick it with some hard core Crips who liked me coz they thought I looked Puerto Rican....

In the "real" world.......light skin isn't always a positive thing, being an educated Latin man with white skin pretty much leaves me an outsider..... How many unemployed white boys with an MS in Political Economy, a BA in Romance Linguistics, and a BS in Psychological Anthropology..... so yeah, racism is out there if you're "different".....

Anyways, a lot of you on here are bright individuals......you have a chance, if I could do it so can you.....

ONE LOVE......

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » December 10th, 2004, 6:16 pm

Obviously there are gonna be some Black individuals who are racist. An example was when i was up at a family reunion and, my folks start talking ignorant stuff about Orientals like; how they "ALL" eat dogs/cats and babies. I had to end up crashing that Christmas party and start defending my Oriental friends/road dogs that i've known for years. I couldn't just sit there in the living room and accept that crap. OF course i ended up leaving the gathering and went to my Korean boys crib to chill with his family.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 11th, 2004, 10:51 am

Interesting story George. Many blacks are very sensitive to racism due to years of racist oppression, but on the other hand, some blacks are eagerly to claim racism while they are being just as or more racist to someone else. The problem is: I don't think many of them understand this.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » December 14th, 2004, 6:03 pm

George wrote:Obviously there are gonna be some Black individuals who are racist. An example was when i was up at a family reunion and, my folks start talking ignorant stuff about Orientals like; how they "ALL" eat dogs/cats and babies. I had to end up crashing that Christmas party and start defending my Oriental friends/road dogs that i've known for years. I couldn't just sit there in the living room and accept that crap. OF course i ended up leaving the gathering and went to my Korean boys crib to chill with his family.
orientals actually do eat cats dogs and babies its the f-cking truth ive seen pitures of them people eating babies and it wasnt fake at all

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » December 15th, 2004, 7:49 pm

K1LLJOY wrote:
George wrote:Obviously there are gonna be some Black individuals who are racist. An example was when i was up at a family reunion and, my folks start talking ignorant stuff about Orientals like; how they "ALL" eat dogs/cats and babies. I had to end up crashing that Christmas party and start defending my Oriental friends/road dogs that i've known for years. I couldn't just sit there in the living room and accept that crap. OF course i ended up leaving the gathering and went to my Korean boys crib to chill with his family.
orientals actually do eat cats dogs and babies its the f-cking truth ive seen pitures of them people eating babies and it wasnt fake at all
yeah, but not every single asian has eaten a cat or dog.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » December 16th, 2004, 9:40 am

Thats what i mean, its like saying every single Black person is poor, criminally motivated, sell drugs, and is uneducated.

How can you typecast a whole set of people when you never met every single person of an ethnic group??? Thats what i call ignorance and prejudgement.

Theres about over 4 billion or so Asian/Oriental people on this planet, and you mean to tell me every single one of them are enjoying barbequed kidnapped babies while cooking cats and dogs??????????

Please, how can outsiders who don't understand a culture make comments on a culture????

By the way, those things you see hanging in the store windows are NOT cats and dogs. They are barbequed pigs, ducks and chickens. White people probably don't know what the ducks is and, assume its cat cuz the neck looks like a tail? I know this because my father is Vietnamese/Chinese and we've enjoyed this for years, my mother is Black and she accepts the Asian culture cuz she got to know it better. She didn't allow her ignorant family members to brainwash her with ignorance and misconceptions. Hell, dads side eats stuff the West Indian community eats= Oxtail pho (ask Jamaicans if they eat Oxtail!), goat, Curry Chicken, Chicken stews, pork, beef, kingfish, salt fish (cod). Viets got mango's, casava, yam, plantain, papaya, lychees, pinapples, sugarcane, tamerinds, soursop, jackfruit, etc. South East Asians are just as humans as anyone else, why do people always put a label upon them as if all of them are monsters with no conscience?????

Killjoy, you must be kidding me if you think everyone of my Asian half eats cats/babies/dogs. None of my fathers side eats this stuff, none of his family has ever ate this stuff hailing from Saigon, none of his Oriental friends have ever eaten this stuff. So out out about 85-89 known family/friends no one eats dogs/cats/babies...... why do you believe a lot of us eat this????

It really offends me and hurts me, to know i am to be ashamed of my Asian side simply due to stereotypes/generalizations made by the White racist media. How can i have pride in a part of my heritage if, people at school/work are always making racist jokes/comments about "Asians eat cats/dogs/babies"????????

please, learn about a culture, be among a culture, be opened minded to a culture before speaking upon a culture.

Cuz a few pictures/rumors don't speak for a whole "Race"

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » December 16th, 2004, 11:39 am

dont even waste your time with that idiot killjoy.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » December 17th, 2004, 5:37 am

Killjoy - YAWN! You puttin me to sleep rude boy, wid ya chattin crap!
Why not read these threads and get a lickle education!

For me - course Black people can be racist! Here in London, newlt arrived Africans were dubbed 'JCL' or Jhonny Come Lately, for example, by young Jamaicans.

Blasia

Unread post by Blasia » December 17th, 2004, 8:30 am

exactly

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 17th, 2004, 11:21 am

Common Sense wrote:Interesting story George. Many blacks are very sensitive to racism due to years of racist oppression, but on the other hand, some blacks are eagerly to claim racism while they are being just as or more racist to someone else. The problem is: I don't think many of them understand this.
oh really? and given your degree, I assume, in africa-american studies and soiciology, can please articulate to me how we don't UNDERSTAND "this"?

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 17th, 2004, 11:41 am

ElGuero wrote:There are 2 concepts of race, the biological which simply notes variety among different groups of individuals, and the social construct. It is the social construct of race which is the most troubling, in that American society views white as "normal" and then divides the world into various gradations of white, with the WASP being at the top of the chain, and Italians, Latinos of predominantly Spanish origin further out, and then the various other races. With this social Darwinistic approach also comes the fact that biological distance from "normal" tends to equate with social distance from the prestige culture.

Now, are blacks racist? Sure.....every group has racists. Its a part of the system, make the poor people hate each, blame each other for their shortcomings, etc, rather than fighting the system responsible for creating those situations in the first place.

But yeah, racism is extremely common......at times its fueled by jealousy......how a light skinned kid will be treated bad by darker kids because those kids think that kid is better off in the whole chain of media imposed standards.....

Tying this all to gangs......I remember high school, especially with Blacks, light girls would get jumped for being light. With Latinos.....mmmm well, I use "el guero" on here for a reason ;)

But seriously, what I found really interesting is that while the more indigenous looking Latino guys couldn't kick it with the Blacks, while I look pretty much Spanish...European, I was able to kick it with some hard core Crips who liked me coz they thought I looked Puerto Rican....

In the "real" world.......light skin isn't always a positive thing, being an educated Latin man with white skin pretty much leaves me an outsider..... How many unemployed white boys with an MS in Political Economy, a BA in Romance Linguistics, and a BS in Psychological Anthropology..... so yeah, racism is out there if you're "different".....

Anyways, a lot of you on here are bright individuals......you have a chance, if I could do it so can you.....

ONE LOVE......
Very well spoken, but you sound as if get your information from white or white literature/white sociologist who "study" race from a white or European/non-American perspective. Racial Inequality, among Americans, first and foremost is far from any "Darwinistic" approach of racism as you so well put it. While you make very valid social arguments, race as a contemparary matter is far more political. While we call it "racism" or "race discrimination", we also have to look to it as an intensily coercive from of both public and private POWER. Judging the qualifications of people by race, both inter and intra, has both arrested the economic development of black and brown people and oppressed the freedom to attain those powers. Forget the social end of it, that's all very culturized and easily answered. We all know that darker, whether light-skinned black man, as I am, or "guero" as you are, is basically a race to see who is the "whitest". But it doesn't speak to the truest sense of the matter, and that's POWER, economically and politically speaking.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 17th, 2004, 4:50 pm

epun wrote: oh really? and given your degree, I assume, in africa-american studies and soiciology, can please articulate to me how we don't UNDERSTAND "this"?
I didn't say you. I said many. You don't need a degree to hear the double standard in everyday conversation and interaction with other races. You see it on this board regulary.

You cannot claim "racism" and at the same time refer to hispancis as "wetbacks or whites as "honky's. If one is going to be an example of equality or at least pull the equality race card, one must live by the code if one wants to be taken seriously.

If you want to get technical. Blacks calling other blacks the N word as a casual greeting has become passive institutionalized racism.

One shouldn't cry wolf at the white man for using the N word, when one is calling his neighbor the N word in casual greeting. May not mean the same to the individual, but it's still just as ignorant.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 17th, 2004, 5:28 pm

Common Sense wrote:
epun wrote: oh really? and given your degree, I assume, in africa-american studies and soiciology, can please articulate to me how we don't UNDERSTAND "this"?
I didn't say you. I said many. You don't need a degree to hear the double standard in everyday conversation and interaction with other races. You see it on this board regulary.

You cannot claim "racism" and at the same time refer to hispancis as "wetbacks or whites as "honky's. If one is going to be an example of equality or at least pull the equality race card, one must live by the code if one wants to be taken seriously.

If you want to get technical. Blacks calling other blacks the N word as a casual greeting has become passive institutionalized racism.

One shouldn't cry wolf at the white man for using the N word, when one is calling his neighbor the N word in casual greeting. May not mean the same to the individual, but it's still just as ignorant.[/quote

"passive institionalized racism" is a term coined by whites and the author of "The Bell Curve" in a poor attempt to intellectualize black culture in the U.S. The term was thought up in their attempt to justify their reasoning why black people are racist. If that's the best you can come up with in describing us as racist, I would suggest you study our history in this country and read the thread I wrote prior to you responding to me. Racism is about POWER. For a people who only account for 12% of the total population in this country, I'm failing to realize your logic.... Do me a favor and come up with something original.

D33Q
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by D33Q » December 17th, 2004, 5:36 pm

[/quote]

I DON'T EVEN GET DOWN WITH RESPONDING TO THESE BULL!@#$ A!@ THREADS ANYMORE, YA'LL MADE YA'LL POINT, I MADE MINE, THE TRUTH IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YA'LL EYES, WE ALL KNOW WHO THE ENEMY OF FREEDOM, JUSTICE AND EQUALITY IS!!!! END OF SUBJECT, CASE CLOSED.[/quote]

thats real good sh!!t u made brotha

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » December 17th, 2004, 7:23 pm

R3AP3R wrote:

I DON'T EVEN GET DOWN WITH RESPONDING TO THESE BULL!@#$ A!@ THREADS ANYMORE, YA'LL MADE YA'LL POINT, I MADE MINE, THE TRUTH IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YA'LL EYES, WE ALL KNOW WHO THE ENEMY OF FREEDOM, JUSTICE AND EQUALITY IS!!!! END OF SUBJECT, CASE CLOSED.[/quote]

thats real good sh!!t u made brotha[/quote]

D.X. is outa his mind. he's a black racist. if you think thats good shit then your probably a racist too. just look at what he says. its all racism twords whites.

B.M.W-Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B.M.W-Soldier » December 17th, 2004, 11:56 pm

All people are racist what's the point of this thread?DO we not know that blacks are racist?be serious

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 18th, 2004, 10:27 am

epun wrote:"passive institionalized racism" is a term coined by whites.
so is the English language.
epun wrote:and the author of "The Bell Curve" in a poor attempt to intellectualize black culture in the U.S. The term was thought up in their attempt to justify their reasoning why black people are racist.
Never read this book, and didn't know that it existed.
epun wrote:If that's the best you can come up with in describing us as racist, I would suggest you study our history in this country and read the thread I wrote prior to you responding to me.
Again, not all blacks....some.

Racism is about POWER. For a people who only account for 12% of the total population in this country, I'm failing to realize your logic.... Do me a favor and come up with something original.[/quote]
Sure it's about power. In the begining it was about profit, which splintered off into class systems, then eventually, ethnicity. That's where we are today and for the last few hundred years.
Last edited by Common Sense on December 18th, 2004, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 18th, 2004, 10:30 am

B.M.W-Soldier wrote:All people are racist what's the point of this thread?DO we not know that blacks are racist?be serious
Some people believe blacks are extremely racist, some believe....a minority of blacks are racist, and then there are those that believe, blacks are not racist at all. That's the point of the thread. Putting it on the table.

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » December 18th, 2004, 10:49 am

i kno sum blacks that are racist, but i kno some whites that are and sum asian dudes and everyone, theres people from every walk of life that is racist, its not a new thing

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Hawthorne

Unread post by L Grindin » December 18th, 2004, 11:34 am

Does anyone agree with the idea that Blacks can't be racist for rebelling against the white supremacist society that we live in? I didn't completely understand/agree with the idea until I read The Isis Papers, which showed how deeply white supremacy is ingrained into western society. Since we didn't create these conditions, Blacks shouldn't be faulted for fighting oppression, or responding with rage to a society that was meant to suppress us, and maintain the wealth of white males. Being in denial about these truths, by accusing the victims of racism of being racist, allows racism to prevail as white supremacy flourishes.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » December 18th, 2004, 11:44 am

L Grinding, that does kinda make sense.

Its like saying, "How can you label the rape victim a murderer if, she just got fed up w/the rapist for his crimes against her and got herself a shotgun; when the court system didn't do mess for her"

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by L Grindin » December 18th, 2004, 11:54 am

George wrote:L Grinding, that does kinda make sense.

Its like saying, "How can you label the rape victim a murderer if, she just got fed up w/the rapist for his crimes against her and got herself a shotgun; when the court system didn't do mess for her"
Exactly!

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » December 18th, 2004, 12:03 pm

yeh i see ur point 2

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » December 18th, 2004, 1:25 pm

L Grindin wrote:Does anyone agree with the idea that Blacks can't be racist for rebelling against the white supremacist society that we live in? I didn't completely understand/agree with the idea until I read The Isis Papers, which showed how deeply white supremacy is ingrained into western society. Since we didn't create these conditions, Blacks shouldn't be faulted for fighting oppression, or responding with rage to a society that was meant to suppress us, and maintain the wealth of white males. Being in denial about these truths, by accusing the victims of racism of being racist, allows racism to prevail as white supremacy flourishes.
i sorta see what your saying, but then as white racism flourishes, won't there just be more black racism?

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by L Grindin » December 18th, 2004, 3:25 pm

se11 wrote:
L Grindin wrote:Does anyone agree with the idea that Blacks can't be racist for rebelling against the white supremacist society that we live in? I didn't completely understand/agree with the idea until I read The Isis Papers, which showed how deeply white supremacy is ingrained into western society. Since we didn't create these conditions, Blacks shouldn't be faulted for fighting oppression, or responding with rage to a society that was meant to suppress us, and maintain the wealth of white males. Being in denial about these truths, by accusing the victims of racism of being racist, allows racism to prevail as white supremacy flourishes.
i sorta see what your saying, but then as white racism flourishes, won't there just be more black racism?
No. What increases from Blacks isn't Black racism, but Black anger and resentment towards white supremacy. If there was a decrease in white racism, then Blacks would have less to be bitter about. Blacks don't usually live to destroy other races, as others have sought to destroy us, we only want to be treated equally and fairly, and to avoid doing this, racists shift the blame to us, and call us racists for being vocal about our mistreatment, and looking out for Black people.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » December 18th, 2004, 3:48 pm

If you look at world history, whites have dominated for a series of centuries, but before that, Africa, Asia, and South and Central America all had their glory eras. This is just the white man's time to shine.