Puerto Ricans on the West Coast

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: pUeRtO RiCaNZ ON the West CoaSt

Unread post by Panik » May 11th, 2004, 2:04 pm

Actually new yorker, I get this from my physical anthropology class in college. They said that it is a fact that only about half of Puerto Ricans have any indian blood at all. And of that half, NOT ONE Puerto Rican had more than 10% indian in them. The indian has very little if anything at all to do with the Puerto Rican genes. They are mainly black and european. Not only has this been proved by DNA, but also the spaniards than originally colonized the island said even themselves that after just a couple years on the island, there were less than 300 natives left alive. that 300 then mixed with thousands and thousands of slaves, and even more irish, germans, and spaniards. the indian blood is just a drop ion the bucket.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » May 11th, 2004, 2:14 pm

oh, and also, there might be something on the national geographic site too. They had a story about the same thing not too long ago. I had to show it to my girl to stop all that taino talk from her family. they're all straight puerto ricans and used to swear that they were mostly indian.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 11th, 2004, 2:26 pm

Panik wrote:Actually new yorker, I get this from my physical anthropology class in college. They said that it is a fact that only about half of Puerto Ricans have any indian blood at all. And of that half, NOT ONE Puerto Rican had more than 10% indian in them. The indian has very little if anything at all to do with the Puerto Rican genes. They are mainly black and european. Not only has this been proved by DNA, but also the spaniards than originally colonized the island said even themselves that after just a couple years on the island, there were less than 300 natives left alive. that 300 then mixed with thousands and thousands of slaves, and even more irish, germans, and spaniards. the indian blood is just a drop ion the bucket.
YOUR ON POINT BROTHA....PR'S ARE MOSTLY A MIX OF SPANIARDS AND AFRICANS....SOME RARELY HAVE INDIAN BLOOD...THATS WHY YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEXICAN AND P'RS AND ALSO U CAN TELL BY THEIR HAIR...P'RS HAVE NICE SOFT CURLY HAIR..AND SOME HAVE NAPS WHILE MEXICANS HAVE NICE STRAIGHT HAIR. LIKE ME IM DOMINICAN\ECUADORIAN BY MY ACCENT U CAN TELL I HAVE SOME DOMINICAN IN ME BUT IF YOU DIDNT TALK TO ME U WOULD THINK IM ECUADORIAN OR FROM SOME SOUTH AMERICAN COUNTRY...

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 11th, 2004, 2:31 pm

Y.G. wrote:I ALWAYS HEAR PUERTO RICANS AND MEXICANS DISS EACH OTHER THEY REALLY DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER. ON THE EASTCOAST I SEE THAT PUERTO RICANS GET A LONG GOOD WITH BLACKS BETTER THAN BLACKS AND MEXICANS.
YEAH THATS TRUE...ITS MAINLY CUZZ MEXICANS BE REALLY NOT LIKING HOW PR'S ACT AND I CAN UNDERSTAND BUT ITS DIFFERENT LIFESTYLES THEY BE SAYING HOW WE ACT LIKE WANNABE "NIGGERS" AND SHIT...AND ITS NOT THAT WE WANNABE'S BUT ITS THAT WE JUST WAS RAISED IN A CULTURE THAT IS EASY TO SAY WADUP MY NIGGA OR EASY TO DRESS WITH ENYCE BAGGY PANTS AND A FITTED AND SOME AIR FORCE 1's THATS JUST HOW ALL P'RS ARE...COMPARED TO MEXICANS THAT LIKE TO DRESS WITH BUTTON UP SHIRTS AND SLACKS AND SHIT....SO ITS DIFFERENT TASTE

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » May 11th, 2004, 7:58 pm

Panik,
I respect what you learned in your anthropology class....peace. But if you look at physical characteristics of a broad spectrum of Puerto ricans you can see ones that have:
1: african traits
2:mulatto traits
3:mestizo traits
4:european traits
4:(the best) a mixture of all of the above
I am glad you are doing good things Panik, peace

mangler
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mangler » May 11th, 2004, 8:10 pm

NYorker wrote:Panik,
I respect what you learned in your anthropology class....peace. But if you look at physical characteristics of a broad spectrum of Puerto ricans you can see ones that have:
the same goes for CUBANS.

*it seems that carribean Hispanics are the ones with the black mix...

*are brazilians considered Hispanics, since they dont speak spanish, but there in Latin American?

*same question for belizians?
Last edited by mangler on May 11th, 2004, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mangler
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mangler » May 11th, 2004, 8:21 pm

NYorker wrote:
Panik,

*are brazilians considered Hispanics, since they dont speak spanish, but there in Latin American?

Last edited by mangler on May 13th, 2004, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoCalBandit
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SoCalBandit » May 11th, 2004, 9:53 pm

mangler wrote:

* The mix has occurred all over Latin America. There has been black influence in Mexico, Central and South American, and the Carribean. Some people might not accept it, but the Spaniards DID bring black slaves into Mexico. They mostly live in Veracruz and Ozaxaca now, and they still exist these days. There are also black communities in areas where black Carribean peoples immigrated to years and years ago while looking for work in Mexico. However, most of the blacks in Mexico has been abosorbed into the major blood stream (Mestizo). Mexicans are a mix of blood. Native American, Spanish, Moor (BLACK Arab), and depending on certain areas different types of white. You know that music they call banda in Mexico. You know Germans influenced it? It's like that in different areas. Different Europeans immigrated there. Lots of Jewish influence in Mexico City.

* Brazilians are NOT Hispanics, but are Latinos. Potuguese people are considered Latinos and not Hispanics too, but I guess some people would consider them Hispanic since they were originally part of Spain.

* Belizians I'm not sure. Belize used to be a part of Honduras, and Honduras used to be Mexico I think, so maybe.

MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831 » May 12th, 2004, 9:51 am

PUERTO RIQUENOS AND SALVADORENOS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO HAVE A LOT OF BEEF WITH OUR MEXICAN RAZA. SO, IN PLACES WHERE THEY AIN'T THAT BIG IN NUMBERS, LIKE NOR CALI, THEY'LL JOIN NORTE BEFORE JOININ SUR. IT IS WELL KNOWN BY MANY THAT NORTE IS ANTAGONISTIC TO PPL THAT COME FROM MEXICO, SO THEY ALLIGN THEMSELVES UNDER THAT SORT OF THING AND SAY STUFF LIKE "YEAH, I'M NORTENO CUZ I HATE STUPID MEXICAN MOJADOS (WETBACKS)". AND THEY WONDER WHY MEXICANS DON'T LIKE THEM THAT MUCH... THERE'S A MARA SALVATRUCHA 13 GANG IN SAN FRAN, THOUGH, AND I THINK THEY AIGHT WITH OTHER SURENOS DESPITE THEM BEIN MEXICAN... PEACE...

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » May 12th, 2004, 10:20 am

surenos dont be calling eachother names like wetback and others..pfft come on man....look what surenos were doing to raza in the pinta before NF ever came about....they were doing alot more than just calling our gente names....everyone knows about the history now and ur trying to twist everything around.......

Green Eyez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Green Eyez » May 12th, 2004, 11:03 am

i kno lots of belizens and they usually say there black & hispanic

MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831 » May 12th, 2004, 11:17 am

TRUE, LA EME WAS HOSTILE TO MEXICANOS/CHICANOS FROM NOR CALI, BUT C'MMON, IN JAIL, DO U JOIN A GANG CUZ UR ALL "YEAH, THESE GUYS ARE REALLY FUNNY" OR "THESE GUYS ARE REALLY NICE"??? LOL LOL LOL... EVERYONE KNOWS THAT IN JAIL, AND ESPECIALLY IN THOSE TYMES, U HAD TO BE IN A CERTAIN GANG OR ELSE U WERE GONNA BE ONE OF TWO THINGS: DEAD OR EVERYBODY'S SEX TOY. SO PPL WOULD JOIN A GANG CUZ THERE WAS JUS SO MUCH INTIMIDATION AND INHOUSE KILLINGS IN THOSE TIMES. BEIN INTIMIDATED WAS SENDIN A MESSAGE LIKE: "U BETTER NOT FUNK WITH US. IF U JOIN US, U BETTER BE DOWN, CUZ IT'S A WAR ZONE OUT HERE." AND U AIN'T RESPECTED UNTIL U GIVE RESPECT AND KNOW HOW TO EARN UR OWN RESPECT, CIERTO? AIN'T NO LOVEY DOVEY ATMOSPHERE IN JAIL OR the CALLES, HOMIE. SO the NORTHERN CHICANOS/MEXICANOS, INSTEAD OF JOININ EME, WANTED TO START THEIR OWN THING. THEY USED IT AS A REASON, EXCUSE, WHATEVER U WANNA CALL IT, TO DO THEIR OWN THING. IT'S KINDA LIKE the SAME CASE WITH EL SINDICATO TEJANO, MARA SALVATRUCHA, ETC. I MEAN COULD U IMAGINE IF ALL the NORTHERN CHICANOS WOULD OF JOINED EME, IF NATIONWIDE ALL the MEXICANOS AND OTHER LATINOS OPERATED UNDER the SAME THING??? DAYUM!!! TALK ABOUT POWER!!! DO U KNOW ABOUT the SHOE THEORY??? HIT ME UP IF U KNOW IT... WE'LL CONTINUE THIS TALK BUT FIRST I WANNA SEE U DROP SOME KNOWLEDGE FOR A FIRST TIME AND NOT SAY ANYTHIN DUMB, HOMIE... SHOES... IN SAN QUENTIN... SPEAK ON IT...

mangler
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mangler » May 12th, 2004, 8:17 pm

SoCalBandit wrote:
mangler wrote:
NYorker wrote:
* Brazilians are NOT Hispanics, but are Latinos. Potuguese people are considered Latinos and not Hispanics too, but I guess some people would consider them Hispanic since they were originally part of Spain.

* Belizians I'm not sure. Belize used to be a part of Honduras, and Honduras used to be Mexico I think, so maybe.
whats the difference between Hispanics & Latinos? thought itwas the same thing

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » May 13th, 2004, 1:33 am

GAME wrote:
Y.G. wrote:I ALWAYS HEAR PUERTO RICANS AND MEXICANS DISS EACH OTHER THEY REALLY DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER. ON THE EASTCOAST I SEE THAT PUERTO RICANS GET A LONG GOOD WITH BLACKS BETTER THAN BLACKS AND MEXICANS.
YEAH THATS TRUE...ITS MAINLY CUZZ MEXICANS BE REALLY NOT LIKING HOW PR'S ACT AND I CAN UNDERSTAND BUT ITS DIFFERENT LIFESTYLES THEY BE SAYING HOW WE ACT LIKE WANNABE "NIGGERS" AND stuff...AND ITS NOT THAT WE WANNABE'S BUT ITS THAT WE JUST WAS RAISED IN A CULTURE THAT IS EASY TO SAY WADUP MY NIGGA OR EASY TO DRESS WITH ENYCE BAGGY PANTS AND A FITTED AND SOME AIR FORCE 1's THATS JUST HOW ALL P'RS ARE...COMPARED TO MEXICANS THAT LIKE TO DRESS WITH BUTTON UP SHIRTS AND SLACKS AND stuff....SO ITS DIFFERENT TASTE
YEAH I GOT MUCH LOVE FOR MY PR'S ESPECIALLY THE WOMEN THERE ARE SOME BOMB ASS PR'S. THATS THE ONLY REASON WHY I WOULD GO TO NEW YORK... WELL IF I WAS TO GO.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » May 13th, 2004, 1:59 am

mangler wrote:

BRAZILIANS AREN'T HISPANIC THEY DON'T EVEN SPEAK SPANISH MY MOM IS BRAZILIAN AND THEY ARE BLAcK JUST LIKE WE WERE BROUGHT OF HERE IN SLAVE SHIPS SO WERE THEY. YOU GOT SOME THAT ARE BLAcK/PORTUGUESE THOUGH.

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » May 13th, 2004, 3:19 am

Brazil is a portuguese country spelt Brasil....they are mixed like we are here in america .....they got the whites,blacks,browns, several different races, etc......The rappers there are crazy...they have to cover up their face and all coz the government their will kill them on the spot....i seen them in a interview, they're constantly on the run....Very harsh on how they (governement) do things in Brasil....

SoCalBandit
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SoCalBandit » May 26th, 2004, 9:12 pm

mangler wrote:
SoCalBandit wrote:
mangler wrote:
NYorker wrote:

whats the difference between Hispanics & Latinos? thought itwas the same thing
Nah, hispanic and latino can differ. Anyone of "Latin" descent can claim Latino technically. This goes for French, Italians, Portuguese, Spaniards, and Latin Americans. Also, Hispanic and Latino isn't a race. It isn't even really a culture. They're just people that have had Hispanic or Latin influence on their culture. I know hispanics that are full Asian, mestizo, white, and mulatto. Every Latin country is distinct. The ones that are the closest are Mexico and Central American countries (in culture). Both have similar Indigenos and used to all be part of Mexico. Part of Anahuac.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » August 4th, 2004, 1:32 am

HISPANIC AND LATINO ARE INTERCHANGEABLE

BRASILIANS ARE NOT HISPANIC THEY ARE LATINO
THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF PEOPLE IN BRASIL

MAINLY EUROPEANS, AMERICAN INDIANS, ASIANS, AFRICANS, MIDDLEASTERNS AND THEY HAVE LABELS LIKE PRETO, MULLATO, MORENA(WHICH IN BRASIL MEANS DARK EYED OR BLACK HAIR)
AND PARDO WHICH SATNDS FOR BROWN AND BRANCO(WHITE)

IF FRENCH PEOPLE ARE LATINOS THEN HAITIANS WOULD ALSO FIT IN THAT BOAT BUT FRANCE AINT A LATINO COUNTRY. THAT OLD WORD LATIN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LATINO OF TODAY.

PORTUGUESE PPL ARE NOT LATINOS!

PUERTO RICANS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MEXICANS EXCEPT SPEAKING SPANISH THE MUSIC ROOTS ARE DIFFERENT LIKE SALSA, PLENA AND MAMBO MERENGUE ARE BASICALLY AFRICAN RYTHMS SANG IN SPANISH.......

MAMBO/SON
SAMBA:Samba
The sound most closely associated with Carnival is the samba. The dance is unique to Brazil and everyone knows it. Samba is a mix of Angolan samba, European polka, African batuques, with touches of Cuban habanera and other styles. The current style is a result of the arrival of black Brazilians following the abolition of slavery in Brazil in 1888.

SALSA
MERENGUE
CUMBIA
BACHATA(I THINK)
REGGAETON( DECENDS FROM JAMAICAN DANCEHALL)

OVERALL I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH A PR LOOK LIKE A BLACK PERSON THEY AINT BLACK THEY PUERTO RICAN WITH WESTERN AFRICAN, EUROPEAN AND TAINO ANCESTRY OR JUST WHATEVA. PR AND AFRICAN AMERICANS SHARE SOME TRIAITS BUT THE CUTURE/MUSIC/FOOD IS STILL DIFFERENT. THATS LIKE SAYING BAHAMIANS, JAMAICANS, HAITIANS ARE CULTURALLY THE SAME AS AMERICAN BLACKS, RACIALLY YEAH BUT ANYTHING ELSE NO!

SOME MEXICANS KNOW THEY HAVE W. AFRICAN IN THEM BUT THE NUMBERS ARE LOW MEXICANS ARE MAINLY MEZTIZO AND SOME EUROPEAN OR AMERICAN INDIAN

BELIZEANS: ENCOUNTED ALOT OF AFRO-MEXICANS WHO MIGRRATED TO BELIZE THERE IS A PEOPLE CALLED THE GARIFUNA.
LATINO AND HISPANIC ARE NOT A RACE BUT CULTURAL JUST LIKE WEST INDIANS IS, AS SUCH JAMAICANS, TRINI AND TOBAGOANS, GRENADINES, ST KITTS AND OTHER NON SPANISH SPEAKING ISLANDS REFER THEMSELVES AS SUCH.

GO ON MIGENTE.COM AND ASK ANYONE ARE MEXICANS AND PUERTO RICANS THE SAME AND THEY WILL SAY NO.

AND FOR SOMEONE TO SAY MULLATOS ARE MAJORITY OF WHITE BLOOD YOU ARE WRONG CAUSE MULLATOS CAN LOOK LILY WHITE TO THE STEREOTYPICAL BLACK PERSON LIVING ON STEREOTYPES WILL GEET YOU NOWHERE

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » August 4th, 2004, 11:07 am

actaully portugese people are latino. Anyone from a country whos language originated with latin is latino. The portugese language is based in latin.

And as for mulattos, teah, technically all it means is a person that is mixed white and black. They could look like either, or anything in between.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » August 5th, 2004, 3:10 pm

SO ARE HAITIANS LATINO THEY SPEAK FRENCH THERE ARE SOME OTHER WESTINDIAN ISLANDS OR BLACK CARIBBEEANS THAT SPEAK FRENCH ARE THEY LATINO TOO I DON'T THINK THATS WHAT LATINO MEAN

HOLLA

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » August 5th, 2004, 3:25 pm

I would not consider Haitians latino. French has some latin roots, but also heavilty celtic, greek, and some basis in the language of the gauls. There was some latin influence, but not the majority. Italian, Portugese and Spanish are heavily latin based languages.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » August 5th, 2004, 3:34 pm

ARE THERE PR'S ON THE WEST COAST IN BIG NUMBERS?? IF SO, WHERE?? SECOND, PPL ON HERE SAY THAT PR'S ARE "ACTING BLAKC BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK"...WELL IF THAT'S SO, DO THEY "ACT" LIKE THAT IN PUERTO RICO?? AND ONCE THEY HIT THE PINTA IN PR, THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE "NETA" AND TRUST ME, NONE OF THOSE DUDES "ACT BLACK",,I HAVE A PARTNER WHOSE FROM PR AND ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS MEXICANS DONT REALLY SEE EYE TO EYE WITH P-RICANS IS BECAUSE OF THIER INFLUENCE FROM THE BLACK CULTURE. THEY GET THOSE "BLACK" HAIRCUTS (BECAUSE SOME OF THEM HAVE COARSE HAIR), GROW THE LITTLE SKINNY BEARDS, THEY SAY "NIGGA" (LOOK AT FAT JOE AND HIS TERROR SQUAD CREW) AND THEY GREW UP ON THE EAST COAST WITH BROTHERS BEFORE MEXICANS HAD AN REAL BIG NUMBERS THERE. AND OLDER PUERTO RICANS FROM PR SAY THE YOUNGER PR'S FROM NEW YORK ARE "NEW YORICANS" IT'S AN INSIDE THING WITH NO REAL HOSTILITY, JUST A INSIDE JOKE. THIS WAS TOLD TO ME FROM A FRIEND WHO IS ABOUT 35 AND IN THE COAST GUARD. NOW AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, WHATEVER THEY WANT TO DO,CLAIM, ACT, DRESS, DANCE TO, EAT, SMOKE, LICK, WHATEVER, DOESN'T REALLY CONCERN ME, AS LONG AS THEY STAY COOL AND DONT START NO PEDO....

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » August 6th, 2004, 7:30 am

My response to S-Doobie:

- PPL ON HERE SAY THAT PR'S ARE "ACTING BLAKC BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK"...WELL IF THAT'S SO, DO THEY "ACT" LIKE THAT IN PUERTO RICO??

*Look man, an african from Nigeria, don't act the way many black folks here in this country act like, BUT ARE YOU STILL GOING TO SAY THEY'RE NOT BLACK??!! Likewise, neither do mexicans in mexico, act much the way many of their brethren in this country act like. Hell! Many of your people in this country, even though they'll go over hell and high water to deny this, ACT BLACK!!

When the pachucos were sporting their zoot-suits, acting black, talking black, walking black, and listening to and dancing and vibing off of black music, are you going to tell me that mexicans in Mexico, or their parents and grandparents from mexico, were acting this way? HELL NO!!!

At least puerto ricans, and nigerians have black in them, WHAT ARE MEXICANS, ASIANS AND WHITE FOLKS EXCUSE!!

Not only that, much of the culture in Puerto Rico, is rooted in african (black) culture, which is evident in some of their foods, as well as musical creations!!!

-AND ONCE THEY HIT THE PINTA IN PR, THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE "NETA" AND TRUST ME, NONE OF THOSE DUDES "ACT BLACK",,

*Of course they don't, because then, it's all about survival and propaganda wars! But let me ask you this, how about if a black puerto rican like Felix Trinidad, or some guy that looks like Alonso, come on the scene (individuals that are obviously black) would your precious "NETA" be as adamant in checking those fools, for identity purposes, as they would the much lighter/mulatto looking prs? I doubt very seriously!

-I HAVE A PARTNER WHOSE FROM PR AND ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS MEXICANS DONT REALLY SEE EYE TO EYE WITH P-RICANS IS BECAUSE OF THIER INFLUENCE FROM THE BLACK CULTURE.

*No, one of the reasons why your people don't see "EYE TO EYE WITH P-RICANS", is because ultimately PUERTO RICANS HAVE BLACK IN THEM!!! You see, all those complaints from mexicans about prs acting black, therefore they don't fuck with them, may have some root base, but overall, it's a smokescreen.

You see, mexicans/chicanos lambaste puerto ricans for not acting more "latino", instead of black, whereas if you had to define what a "latino" was, insofar as acting out, they wouldn't be able to give you a definitive answer, seeing as how the codified term "latino" or "hispanic", encompasses many different ethnic groups and cultures. But then, you even have mexicans/chicanos who say that they would loooooove for puerto ricans to act more "puerto rican", whereas mexicans/chicanos themselves-who have parents and grandparents from mexico-DON'T ACT COMPLETLY MEXICAN, THEIR DAMN SELVES!!! (You cats know what I'm talking about.)

Also, if you dig a little deeper, there's a much more sinister hand at play, from mexicans, or those latinos/hispanics with a hispanidad agenda, who insist upon puerto ricans acting more "latino", or more "puerto rican", and less "black." You see, many latinos/hispanics with a white/brown supremacist/amerindian/hispanidad agenda, are wanting to divide and separate, people of the african diaspora, and have them (puerto ricans, or other latinos/hispanics of african descent) downplay, to outright deny any semblance of african ancestry, or familial ties with their black brothers and sisters in this country, as well as around the world. They want puerto ricans to be good "niggers" (as well as black latinos, or those of african descent), while taking a back seat concerning their own issues, in order to gain acceptance under the concocted, white friendly banner, cut from whole cloth identity label, of latino/hispanic!!

I know plenty of mexican "nationalist", whether they be aztlanistas, or zapatistas, that tell me constantly, that they don't consider puerto ricans as their brothers and sisters, SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'RE PART BLACK!!!! I even know mexicans/chicanos, who don't even utilize the terms of latino/hispanic, because they say they're really not "latino", rather amerindian!!

But that's besides the point, the real point is, is the hypocrisy of mexicans, for criticizing puerto ricans for acting black, when you have mexicans who participate in aspects of black culture, as well as perform and listen to rap/hip-hop music: A MUSIC CREATED BY PEOPLE OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA!! Oh sure, puerto ricans can claim a part of their african soul, by attaching their ethos onto rap/hip-hop music, and its' origins, while claiming to be a latino/hispanic, JUST AS LONG AS MEXICANS, AND OTHER LATINOS THAT ARE PRIMARILY MESTIZO, CAN JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON!!!

Mexicans and other latinos of the mestizo variety, will try to find a place to enter into, and be grafted onto, when it comes to an african diaspora creation, by way of puerto ricans (people of the african diaspora), and will gladly go under the latino/hispanic banner, in order for them to be included comfortably within the hip-hop family. Why? Because puerto ricans (a people of the african diaspora) GIVES YOU MESTIZOS ROOTS IN HIP-HOP!!!

Oh yeah, you don't complain then about prs, nor your people, imbibing black flavor, and/or acting black, when it suits your goals and agendas!

Man, mexicans like you, are nothing but slick opportunists!

-THEY GET THOSE "BLACK" HAIRCUTS (BECAUSE SOME OF THEM HAVE COARSE HAIR),

*Uh...is that a crime? THEY HAVE "COARSE HAIR" BECAUSE THEY HAVE BLACK IN THEM FOOL!!!!!

-GROW THE LITTLE SKINNY BEARDS, THEY SAY "NIGGA" (LOOK AT FAT JOE AND HIS TERROR SQUAD CREW) AND THEY GREW UP ON THE EAST COAST WITH BROTHERS BEFORE MEXICANS HAD AN REAL BIG NUMBERS THERE.

*Well Fat Joe is part black, and so are all the members of the Terror Squad!! What, are you saying that puerto ricans have to act like mexicans, in order for them to be more acceptable? As I said before, the notion of a set "latino/hispanic" culture-IS A MYTH!!!

What you are calling for, is cultural imperialism, in that those latinos of african descent, must bow down to you white supremacist/amerindian latinos/hispanics, with an hispanidad agenda, in order for them to be totally accepted. In other words, you want them to sell their souls, in order to kiss the asses of mexicans, and other latinos of the mestizo variety, and be accepted amongst your kind.

Puerto Ricans, despite them "acting black" still have their own flair, and cultural ethos, even though they've adopted large elements of the african-american ethos! Likewise so do mexicans, who study and watch black folks, and imbibe black soul, which is ever apparent to anyone with two eyes!!

-AND OLDER PUERTO RICANS FROM PR SAY THE YOUNGER PR'S FROM NEW YORK ARE "NEW YORICANS" IT'S AN INSIDE THING WITH NO REAL HOSTILITY, JUST A INSIDE JOKE.

*Likewise, I remember in the late 80's, when many of your people began to discover hip-hop, older mexicans, some being from mexico, were complaining about how the mexican youth are acting "black", just because they were listening to, and performing, rap/hip-hop music. I bet you back in the days, pachucos were probably accused of acting "black", by their parents and grandparents, because of how they were behaving and dressing!!

I bet you this reality is "A INSIDE JOKE" as well!

-THIS WAS TOLD TO ME FROM A FRIEND WHO IS ABOUT 35 AND IN THE COAST GUARD.

*Yeah, yeah...whatever...

-NOW AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, WHATEVER THEY WANT TO DO,CLAIM, ACT, DRESS, DANCE TO, EAT, SMOKE, LICK, WHATEVER, DOESN'T REALLY CONCERN ME, AS LONG AS THEY STAY COOL AND DONT START NO PEDO....

*Well that's mighty big of you!

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » August 6th, 2004, 10:06 am

[quote="S-DOOBIE"]ARE THERE PR'S ON THE WEST COAST IN BIG NUMBERS?? IF SO, WHERE?? SECOND, PPL ON HERE SAY THAT PR'S ARE "ACTING BLAKC BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK"...WELL IF THAT'S SO, DO THEY "ACT" LIKE THAT IN PUERTO RICO?? AND ONCE THEY HIT THE PINTA IN PR, THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE "NETA" AND TRUST ME, NONE OF THOSE DUDES "ACT BLACK",,I HAVE A PARTNER WHOSE FROM PR AND ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS MEXICANS DONT REALLY SEE EYE TO EYE WITH P-RICANS IS BECAUSE OF THIER INFLUENCE FROM THE BLACK CULTURE. THEY GET THOSE "BLACK" HAIRCUTS (BECAUSE SOME OF THEM HAVE COARSE HAIR), GROW THE LITTLE SKINNY BEARDS, THEY SAY "NIGGA" (LOOK AT FAT JOE AND HIS TERROR SQUAD CREW) AND THEY GREW UP ON THE EAST COAST WITH BROTHERS BEFORE MEXICANS HAD AN REAL BIG NUMBERS THERE. AND OLDER PUERTO RICANS FROM PR SAY THE YOUNGER PR'S FROM NEW YORK ARE "NEW YORICANS" IT'S AN INSIDE THING WITH NO REAL HOSTILITY, JUST A INSIDE JOKE. THIS WAS TOLD TO ME FROM A FRIEND WHO IS ABOUT 35 AND IN THE COAST GUARD. NOW AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, WHATEVER THEY WANT TO DO,CLAIM, ACT, DRESS, DANCE TO, EAT, SMOKE, LICK, WHATEVER, DOESN'T REALLY CONCERN ME, AS LONG AS THEY STAY COOL AND DONT START NO PEDO....[/quote]

Doobie, just for your information, PR's have more black blood in them than spanish or indian, so they can say nigga or act black all they want. As for how many are out here, not too many. I know about 25 or 30 of them. All related in some way to each other. Some parts of the family direct from PR, and some from NY. They all act the same except for the attitude. I think the ones from NY are just like all new yorkers, full of themselves and loud. other than that, if you are part black, you should be able to "act black" if you want. I'm sure you have no problem with a half white half mexican being a cholo and talkin like an ese, so what's the difference?

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » August 6th, 2004, 2:13 pm

TO REAL, STICK A BEAN PIE UP YOUR ASS...

AND PANIK, YEA MAN I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PR'S ACTING THE WAY THEY DO. I JUST THINK IT'S FUNNY. WALKING, TALKING, DRESSING, AND ACTING LIKE A "BLACK" DUCK BUT YET, EATING RED BEANS, RICE, PLANTAINS, AND TALKING SPANISH. BUT THATS MORE THE NY PR'S THEN THE PUERTO RICAN PPL WHO LIVE ON PR. JUST LIKE EVERYONE PICKS UP BAD HABITS WHEN THEY HIT THE STATES, PUERTO RICANS ARE NO DIFFERENT,,LIKE I SAID, I HAVE PR PARTNERS WHO ARE COOL AS A FAN. DOESNT BOTHER ME THE WAY THE ACT....

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » August 6th, 2004, 2:37 pm

S-DOOBIE wrote:JUST LIKE EVERYONE PICKS UP BAD HABITS WHEN THEY HIT THE STATES, PUERTO RICANS ARE NO DIFFERENT
^^^And what "bad habits" might those be??? Being themselves? Adapting to their environment?....you need to get over that racist Bull Shit, because it goes both ways.....

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » August 6th, 2004, 8:36 pm

"BAD HABITS" U IGNORANT PENDEJO ARE ONES LIKE DISRESPECTING THIER PARENTS, LOSING SIGHT OF THEIR CULTURE, DISRESPECTING ELDERS, AMERICA IS THE ONLY PLACE IN THE WORLD WHERE A KID CAN SUE, EMANCIPATE, DIVORCE, AND DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO THEIR PARENTS. THINK BEFORE U OPEN YOUR LIPS LITTLE KID. KIDS IN AMERICA HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ELDERS WHATSOEVER. SO SHUT THE FUCC UP AND GET YOUR SHYT RIGHT BEFORE TRYING TO JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS TINTO..

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » August 7th, 2004, 12:06 am

^^^Yeah I hear you fag...everything you say is bull shit, your an idiot and everyone knows it. I got your kid female. Just stick to nursing and go get me an aspirin bitch. I bet you are so pretty in your little nurses dress and cap. S-Debra, Minnesota leading nurse.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » August 7th, 2004, 7:02 am

WHAT DO U DO FOR A LIVING?? SECURITY?? LOOLLL..SOUNDS LIKE YOUR HATING AGAIN...ONCE AGAIN, YOU ARE OUT OF TOPIC, DAMN ALOT OF PPL ON HERE LOVE TO HATE. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, IF U REALLY ARE A MAN AND REALLY DO HAVE A PROBLEM, THEN PM ME AND WE'LL TALK. UNTIL THEN, STICK TO THE TOPIC. I AM AT 223 RD AND HARVARD. NORMAINDIE PARK IN TORRANCE, SWING BY CAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO CHAT ABOUT THIS ANGER U HAVE TOWARDS ME. UNTIL THEN, GET OFF MY NUTZ....

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » August 9th, 2004, 6:51 am

This is to Serpent Doobie:

-TO REAL, STICK A BEAN PIE UP YOUR ASS...

*To the contrary, there's nothing being stuck up my ass, in this lifetime, nor the next, but as for you-I know that you and your homies love to stick shit-filled chalupas, up one another's asses!

-AND PANIK, YEA MAN I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PR'S ACTING THE WAY THEY DO. I JUST THINK IT'S FUNNY. WALKING, TALKING, DRESSING, AND ACTING LIKE A "BLACK" DUCK BUT YET, EATING RED BEANS, RICE, PLANTAINS, AND TALKING SPANISH.

*Damn racist devil bastard, there are black caribbeans, whether they speak spanish, french, or english, who eat red beans and plaintains fool! That's apart of basic caribbean fare devil!! Not only that, you have black americans who eat red beans and rice, and speak english (some historically, especially in Louisiana, have spoken french), yet are they acting besides themselves? Remember, divide and conquer, conquistador devil, spanish, like english, is just another european language!!!

So if you saw a black cuban, or black dominican or puerto rican, eating red beans and rice, and plaintains, with their jamaican brothers, who eat the same thing (red beans and plaintains), fellowshipping and vibing off of one another's culture, WOULD YOU THEN ACCUSE ONLY THE SPANISH SPEAKING, RED BEANS AND RICE EATING BLACK FOLKS OF ACTING BESIDES THEMSELVES CULTURALLY, JUST BECAUSE THEY SPEAK SPANISH, AS OPPOSED TO THEIR OTHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS SPEAK EITHER ENGLISH OR FRENCH (and in some cases Portugese)?

Scum slug crawling, chicano imperialist, you're not fooling anyone with your fake concerns, and psuedo observations!!! You're a damn mestizo, whereas puerto ricans are primarily mulatto, to black (with about 20 to 30% of them having amerindian ancestry), which essentially makes them people of the african diaspora. What you're obsessing in doing, is to divide and conquer the unity of these two people by first railing against them, for supposedly acting "black", while relegating acting "black" to bad behavior, whereas when your cloven hoofed feet are put to the fire, your devil ass then retreat, only to say that you are referring to the debilitating aspects of americanism-as if the sum total of black behavior, represents that paradigm.

You see devil, I know your crafty, forktongued ways, and am familiar with how serpents like you construct your dodge and weaving arguments. But that's okay, I'm battle tested and worn, and with the insight of an oracle, and killer instincts of a mongoose, it won't take much for me to slay and annihilate serpents like you on a regular-MUTHAFUCKA!

-BUT THATS MORE THE NY PR'S THEN THE PUERTO RICAN PPL WHO LIVE ON PR.

*Yeah devil, just like a serpent, desert rat, you're only cleaning up your shit now, whereas before, in your previous post, the emphasis of your gripes with puerto ricans, is the fact that they act "black", while suggesting that if more latinos of the mestizo variety (mexicans, et al), were around, then they'd drop such "bad behavior", and act more "latino", when there is no such thing as a united latino/hispanic culture!! What it is devil, as a cultural imperialist, you want all latinos/hispanics, to bow down to those latinos of the mestizo variety, so that they can fall under your white/brown supremacist/amerindian/hispanidad agenda (the further I have this conversation with you, the more I feel compelled to write a book about this topic).

You don't want people of the african diaspora to breathe, and to love one another, but like the white man (whom at the core, you're really no better than) YOU'RE WANTING TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER FOLKS OF THE AFRICAN SOUL!!!

-JUST LIKE EVERYONE PICKS UP BAD HABITS WHEN THEY HIT THE STATES, PUERTO RICANS ARE NO DIFFERENT,,

*Look here devil, are part of those "bad habits" acting "black?"

-LIKE I SAID, I HAVE PR PARTNERS WHO ARE COOL AS A FAN. DOESNT BOTHER ME THE WAY THE ACT....

*BS imp bastard, because if they didn't "BOTHER" you, in regards to the "WAY THE(Y) ACT", THEN WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU SAY, WHAT YOU SAID THEN, FOOL!!! Are you telling me that your nature is so keen on being a deceiver, and trickster devil, to where you don't even know your own nature, AND THE VERY WORDS COMING OUT OF YOUR DAMN MOUTH!!!!

In the end, as I've always implied, intimated, and outright stated-YOU'RE JUST A DUMB FUNKY DEVIL WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Oh and another thing dumb bastard, in regards to your bean pie reference-I'M NO MUSLIM, NEVER BEEN A MUSLIM, NOR DO I EVER FORESEE, AND DESIRE TO BE A MUSLIM, YA' DIG!!! Peace...
Last edited by TheReal on August 18th, 2004, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » August 9th, 2004, 10:18 am

Wow. That was an unhappy exchange. I'd have to say that Serpent Doobie initiated it though.

If you are not winning a discussion, then reevalute your postion. See where you are wrong and where you are right. Take a break and do some more research.

Taking it to the "street" does not change the truth of a discussion. This isn't the 15th century where duels are held to determine whose side God is on. It's a forum for crying out loud.
Last edited by Kemosave on August 9th, 2004, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » August 9th, 2004, 10:18 am

S-DOOBIE wrote:WHAT DO U DO FOR A LIVING?? SECURITY?? LOOLLL..SOUNDS LIKE YOUR HATING AGAIN...ONCE AGAIN, YOU ARE OUT OF TOPIC, DAMN ALOT OF PPL ON HERE LOVE TO HATE. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, IF U REALLY ARE A MAN AND REALLY DO HAVE A PROBLEM, THEN PM ME AND WE'LL TALK. UNTIL THEN, STICK TO THE TOPIC. I AM AT 223 RD AND HARVARD. NORMAINDIE PARK IN TORRANCE, SWING BY CAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO CHAT ABOUT THIS ANGER U HAVE TOWARDS ME. UNTIL THEN, GET OFF MY NUTZ....
^^^Check this out sweetheart, I was just in your little white city, took a trip to Mulligans. Too clean and nice for any gangs, lots of skateboarders though. I like the way you try and twist things when you are on the losing end of a so-called debate/argument. You amuse me, you are a joke...The funniest thing is you are a racist and try and deny it to everyone including yourself, but anyone with eyes and sense sees it.

As for your questions....What do I do for a living - self employed, have property, the rest won't go into. If you are looking for a job, security may not work for you (might get hurt) try the clinic, they always need someone that looks good in scrubs with a healthy bedside manner. Your a nurse, you change bed pans for a living.

I have no anger towards you. You are just words on a screen...Harvard and 223...thanks :)...So you know, if you really wanted it, why would you ask me to PM you???? Shouldn't my mailbox be full of info....bitch move on your part, but then again, that is what you are. I will keep it clean Debra. See you around.

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”