Puerto Ricans on the West Coast

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
SHADY

Puerto Ricans on the West Coast

Unread post by SHADY » April 13th, 2004, 12:46 pm

R tHEY Down with RaZA mOre OR wItH AfrO AmeRIcaNS ?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: pUeRtO RiCaNZ ON the West CoaSt

Unread post by Panik » April 13th, 2004, 1:36 pm

I think it depends on where they are, and how many of them there are. From what I've always seen, on the streets they stay mainly with the blacks. But when I was locked up there were 2 in there and they were trying REAL hard to fit in with the southsiders. It was pretty funny to me cuz you could just tell that they didn't have anything to do with mexicans on the streets and they were trying not to "act black". One of em even had a big tat that said "100% NY Rican". Not sure what made them go that route, but they looked miserable over there with the 13's. I just think that if you're a NY rican, there is no way you should be trying to blend in with Southern Mexicans. But I guess you go where the #'s are.

Chapin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chapin » April 13th, 2004, 2:06 pm

not all puerto ricans are black,lol. all the puerto ricans i know are actually white.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 13th, 2004, 2:09 pm

I know they're not all black. What I said was that the majority of the puerto ricans I've ever come in contact with out here tend to associate themselves with the blacks, dress like blacks, and talk like blacks. Doesn't mean they are black. They just usually fit in more with blacks than mexicans from what I've seen. And yeah, Puerto Rican is not a race, there are white ones, black ones, and all colors in between.

Light_skin_boy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Light_skin_boy » April 13th, 2004, 4:50 pm

Panik wrote:I know they're not all black. What I said was that the majority of the puerto ricans I've ever come in contact with out here tend to associate themselves with the blacks, dress like blacks, and talk like blacks. Doesn't mean they are black. They just usually fit in more with blacks than mexicans from what I've seen. And yeah, Puerto Rican is not a race, there are white ones, black ones, and all colors in between.
oh im from australia i've never meet a puerto rican's but what i heard and seen i thought they where all like brown or soemthing like latino's whats the difference between puerto rican and latino?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 13th, 2004, 5:13 pm

puerto ricans are black, spanish, irish, and a couple other kinds of european, with a little american indian thrown in. Some are more white, some are more black, and some have the more "hispanic" look. Just depends on how their families mixed.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 13th, 2004, 6:35 pm

well all ricans either if u coming from chi town or ny we all dress black and talk black is cuzz where we come from if we coming from the east coast we will say nigga and everythin and if its from the midwest is the same it all depends from where u from and pr's clickin up with 13's???i find that very hard especially when alot of island hispanic like dominicans p'rs cuban etc. dont like to associate with mexicans since they on that calling us mayate shit...

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 13th, 2004, 7:09 pm

Like I said, I thought it was pretty funny myself. I think it was just that there were only 2 in the whole jail, and they spoke spanish. Since the blacks weere outnumbered 20 to 1, they figured it would be easier to just be "mexican islanders"LOL. Also, the sur tends to kinda force anyone that speaks spanish, or has family that speaks spanish to join them.

lowdown
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lowdown » April 14th, 2004, 10:53 am

theres a language barrier to because most spanish speakers cant understand what the hell puerto ricans are saying

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 14th, 2004, 2:44 pm

Panik wrote:Like I said, I thought it was pretty funny myself. I think it was just that there were only 2 in the whole jail, and they spoke spanish. Since the blacks weere outnumbered 20 to 1, they figured it would be easier to just be "mexican islanders"LOL. Also, the sur tends to kinda force anyone that speaks spanish, or has family that speaks spanish to join them.
LOL AINT NO PROBLEM SPEAKING SPANISH WE JUST DONT SPEAK that WEST COAST CHOLO SPANISH LIKE HOW THEY ESE OR CHALE OR NONE OF THAT WE ALL HISPANICS BUT WE SPEAK DIFFERENTS SLANGS IN SPANISH

SoCalBandit
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SoCalBandit » April 14th, 2004, 9:18 pm

lowdown wrote:theres a language barrier to because most spanish speakers cant understand what the hell puerto ricans are saying
Hahaha, for real. They talk all fuckin whack. "Como tu te llamas." And shit like that.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 14th, 2004, 9:36 pm

why would that be "whack"? Esses don't speak spanish the way people in Spain do either, and THAT is REAL spanish.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 14th, 2004, 9:53 pm

Panik wrote:why would that be "whack"? Esses don't speak spanish the way people in Spain do either, and THAT is REAL spanish.
Yo you are right. When I was in germany my best friend was puerto rican, and one day he was talking to another rican and a mexican in spanish. While they was talking all 3 spoke it differently, and he told me he could not understand the mexican as much. And said the other rican he could tell was down south cause they way he spoke it. So it is different ways they speak spanish it is not all the same.

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » April 15th, 2004, 9:07 am

SHADY wrote:R tHEY Down with RaZA mOre OR wItH AfrO AmeRIcaNS ?
THIS IS A GOOD QUESTION….WE’VE GOT A GANG OF PUERTO RICANS, AND MEXICANS OUT HERR…THE PR’S HAVE A GANG CALLED LIME ST. PIRUS IN A LIL PR AREA NEAR DOWNTOWN…THEY’RE ACTUALLY A MIXED GANG BUT A LOT OF THEM LOOK BLACK…I’VE GOT A GANG OF PR HOMEYS….THEN FARTHER UP IN THE MIDWEST THEY HAVE HAVE PR GANGS THAT FUED WITH VL’S AND GD’S SO I GUESS IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHERE U’RE AT….BY THE WAY…THEY HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH THE MEXICAN GANGS OUT HERR FOR IN THE ESE’S EYES “BEING 2 BLACK”…BUT THAT’S THERE BEEF U KNOW..

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » April 15th, 2004, 9:15 am

@GAME…I DIDN’T EVEN READ YOUR POST B4 I REPLIED…U’RE SPEAKIN ON XACTLY WHAT I’M REPLYING NOW HOMEY….I WOULD BE IN JUVENILE HALL AND THE Grand Boulevard CeNTRAL, Grand barrio Warriors, AND Downtown Juaritos WOULD BE CALLIN THEM “MAYATES”, AND FAKES CAUZE THEY LOOKED BLACK, AND HUNG WITH BLACKS…BUT THE PR’S COULD SPEAK SPANISH JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM…I LATER MET SOME SOUTH-SIDE LOKOS WHO WERE REAL COOL AND RUN THESE PJ’S OUT HERR AND THEY TOLD ME THERE SIDE…THEY WOULD SAY IT’S NO DISREPSECT 2 OTHER BLACKS, BUT THESE FOOLS DON’T SEEM 2 RECOGNIZE LATINO HERITAGE OR SOMETHIN…BUT THE PR’S WOULD BE LIKE THEY’RE FROM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CULTURE THEN MEXICANS…HELL I DON’T KNOW..THIS IS JUST WHAT THEY SAY OUT HERR!!!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 18th, 2004, 11:49 pm

TomTom wrote:@GAME…I DIDN’T EVEN READ YOUR POST B4 I REPLIED…U’RE SPEAKIN ON XACTLY WHAT I’M REPLYING NOW HOMEY….I WOULD BE IN JUVENILE HALL AND THE Grand Boulevard CeNTRAL, Grand barrio Warriors, AND Downtown Juaritos WOULD BE CALLIN THEM “MAYATES”, AND FAKES CAUZE THEY LOOKED BLACK, AND HUNG WITH BLACKS…BUT THE PR’S COULD SPEAK SPANISH JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM…I LATER MET SOME SOUTH-SIDE LOKOS WHO WERE REAL COOL AND RUN THESE PJ’S OUT HERR AND THEY TOLD ME THERE SIDE…THEY WOULD SAY IT’S NO DISREPSECT 2 OTHER BLACKS, BUT THESE FOOLS DON’T SEEM 2 RECOGNIZE LATINO HERITAGE OR SOMETHIN…BUT THE PR’S WOULD BE LIKE THEY’RE FROM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CULTURE THEN MEXICANS…HELL I DON’T KNOW..THIS IS JUST WHAT THEY SAY OUT HERR!!!
BRO NO DISRESPECT BUT IM DOMINICAN AND PUERTO RICAN AND IM FROM NYC BUT I GOT FAMILIA IN CALI AND THEY TELL ME HOW THEY LOOKED UPON BY MEXICAN HAS "MAYATE WANNABEES" NO PUERTO RICAN WILL TELL U THEY NOT HISPANIC OR DENY THEIR CULTURE NO MATTER HOW BLACK THEY MIGHT LOOK THE ONLY THING IS THAT THEY ARE ALOT OF MEXICANS IN CALI THAT BE CALLING PRS OR ANY ISLAND HISPANICS MAYATE WANNABEES CUZZ WE MIGHT SAY NIGGA INSTEAD OR SAYING ESE BUT THIS ALL GOES DOWN IN CALI CUZZ CHI TOWN MEXICANS OR NY MEXICANS SAY NIGGA AND NOT FOR NOTHIN BUT WE CANT HELP IT IF WE HAVE BLACK CULTURE RUNNIN THRU OUR BLOODLINE...SHIT EVEN MEXICANS HAVE BLACK BLOOD IN THEM AND IF THEY DENY IT THEY JUST ON SOME BS OR EITHER DONT HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR MIXED CULTURE....BUT WE ALL HISPANIC SO AINT NO HATE FOR NO ONE....

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » April 19th, 2004, 12:04 am

I don't have a problem with puerto ricans that are cool with me. Long as they aint on some east coast, ny this ny that, type trip. I did run into some cats, that started trippin on me though for being Mexican, nothing more. They just started running they mouths about Mexicans having alot of kids, some other nonsense, and they was eastcoast this and that. They lucked out that I wasn't strapped that day cause I woulda put one in all 7 of them.

But other than that, I never really met any puerto ricans here in LA, maybe 2 or 3.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » April 19th, 2004, 7:38 am

TomTom said:

"THEY WOULD SAY IT’S NO DISREPSECT 2 OTHER BLACKS, BUT THESE FOOLS DON’T SEEM 2 RECOGNIZE LATINO HERITAGE OR SOMETHIN…BUT THE PR’S WOULD BE LIKE THEY’RE FROM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CULTURE THEN MEXICANS…HELL I DON’T KNOW..THIS IS JUST WHAT THEY SAY OUT HERR!!!"

TheReal:

*First of all, to be quite honest with you, THERE'S REALLY NO SUCH THING AS A UNIFORM, LATINO/HISPANIC CULTURE! Secondly, puerto ricans are, in a lot of ways different than mexicans, when it comes to food, music, and culture. The only binds that really ties prs and mex's, are the spanish language, european blood, roman catholicism (traditionally), and indigenous blood.

However, puerto ricans are primarily mulattos, or combinations of spanish, black and a little amerindian. Think about it, Felix Trinidad is a black puerto rican, therefore a black man. Would you, and could you accuse him of being "TOTALLY DIFFERENT" from "MEXICANS"?!!

To me, all this talk about pr's acting black, and wanting to be black, is a bunch of b.s., seeing as how many prs have black in them, are black, and/or have a black relative in their gene pool. If Felix Trinidad was to act black, could you really blame him? If Roberto Clemente were to act black, could you really blame him? If Juano Hernandez were to act black, could you really blame him? If Wilfed Benitez acted black, could you really blame him? You can't blame none of these fools, seeing as how ALL THESE MEN ARE BLACK MEN-yet puerto rican!!!!

In essence, these folks are acting themselves, because they are, by and large, people of the african diaspora, and every puerto rican may not be black, but the overwhelmingly majority of them have black folks in their bloodline, regardless of how light they are!! (Geraldo Rivera and Ricki Martin has admitted to having black in them, and these cats look no where near, to being black. It just goes to show, that you can be part-black, or have black in you from way back, or throughout several generations, and it wouldn't show. For example, let's take a woman like Beyonce, and let's say she married and had a child by a white man, and their child, had a child, by a white man, or woman; and the child produced from this union, had a child by a white man, or woman; and the child produced from that union, had a child by a white man, or woman, etc.: HOW DO YOU THINK THOSE CHILDREN, OR FOLKS, WILL EVENTUALLY COME OUT???? They definitely wouldn't look black, or can be referred to as being classically black, but because of the contribution of Beyonce's genes-THEY DAMN SURE HAVE BLACK IN THEM!!! The same for these "white" puerto ricans...)

And what do folks mean, by when they say acting "black"? Are you referring to african-american blacks, or blacks throughout the rest of the western hemisphere, and throughout the world? You feel that a black person from Columbia, ought to embrace a supposed and illusory concept of latino/hispanic culture, just so that they can get along with a mexican? That black columbian, cuban, venezuelan, etc., is no more less black, or more for that matter, than someone who's black from this country.

And remember, much, not all, of what is known as "latino" culture, has its' roots in african culture, especially the music! Music like the Mamba, Rhumba, Salsa, Meringue, etc., IS MUSIC DERIVED FROM BLACK FOLKS, LIVING THROUGHOUT WHAT IS KNOWN AS LATIN AMERICA! Many of the religious practices, and other spiritual and artistic expressions, are distinctly black/african in origins!!

So before folks get on puerto ricans, for not fully adopting their "latin" roots, just remember, THERE'S MORE TO BEING A "LATINO", THAN JUST BEING A MESTIZO, OR MEXICAN!! Mexicans/mestizos, aren't the ultimate barometers, on whom and what is a "latino/hispanic"! Someone can be a latino, while acting "black", just as authentically as someone who's acting mexican, or mestizo, while listening to rancheros, nortenas, or mariachi!

In the end, a puerto rican isn't acting "black" per se, rather, THEY ARE ACTING THEMSELVES!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 19th, 2004, 1:53 pm

YUP TRUE PRZ JUST ACTING THEY SELVES......ALL LATINOS IS A MIX OF INDIAN, WHITE AND BLACK. EVERYONE'S FAMILY IS DIFFERENT MIX JUST LOOK AT GUTI ESPADAS HE FROM YUCATAN IN MEXICO AND HE BLACK AS A MOFO TRUE THAT A GOOD MAJORITY OF P.R'S AND DOMINICAN, CUBANOS LOOK LIKE BLACKS BUT IN P.R. WE GOT JIBAROS P.R'S MOSTLY OF INDIAN DESCENT. DOMINICANS BLOOD IS MOSTLY BLACK CAUSE THEY SHARE AN ISLA WITH HAITI. SO OVERALL IF YOU MEXICAN AND CAN'T ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THERE IS MEXICANS WITH TALL BLACK BLOOD ESPECIALLY IN THE YUCATAN PENNISULA THEN YOU ARE UNEDUCATED. ALL LATIN NATIONS GOT BLACK BLOOD IN THEM,MAYBE JUST YOUR FAMILY THAT MIGHT NOT. DON'T FORGET FOR A LONG TIME MEXICO CITY B.K.A. TECHNOTICHXLAN WAS THE SLAVE TRADING CAPITAL OF THE WEST INDIES B.K.A. THE NEW WORLD. AND THE SPANISH WERE THE ONES THAT KEEP TRADING SLAVES EVEN AFTER THE SHIT WAS OUTLAWED

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 19th, 2004, 2:04 pm

Game, I dont know where you're comin from here. #1 majority of cubans and PR's look black? Who said? Yeah, there are some, but the majority I don't think so. And as for people in Puerto Rico that are majority Indian, not true. Very few people In or from PR have traceable indian blood. only half of puerto ricans have any at all, and of that half, none even have 10% indian blood in them. Unfortunately the indians all died out before they could really be introduced into the blood stream and get their genes in there. within just a few years after the spanish arrived, there were only a couple hundred of them left, and the rest died out soon after. PR's are black, german, irish, spanish, and a couple other assorted types of europeans, with a little tiny sprinkle of american indian. The 2 most prevalent lines in PR blood are African and Irish.

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » April 19th, 2004, 11:44 pm

puerto ricans be clickin up with 14s over here in modesto and other northern cali cities.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 20th, 2004, 12:23 am

Panik wrote:Game, I dont know where you're comin from here. #1 majority of cubans and PR's look black? Who said? Yeah, there are some, but the majority I don't think so. And as for people in Puerto Rico that are majority Indian, not true. Very few people In or from PR have traceable indian blood. only half of puerto ricans have any at all, and of that half, none even have 10% indian blood in them. Unfortunately the indians all died out before they could really be introduced into the blood stream and get their genes in there. within just a few years after the spanish arrived, there were only a couple hundred of them left, and the rest died out soon after. PR's are black, german, irish, spanish, and a couple other assorted types of europeans, with a little tiny sprinkle of american indian. The 2 most prevalent lines in PR blood are African and Irish.
GaMe wrote:YUP TRUE PRZ JUST ACTING THEY SELVES......ALL LATINOS IS A MIX OF INDIAN, WHITE AND BLACK. EVERYONE'S FAMILY IS DIFFERENT MIX JUST LOOK AT GUTI ESPADAS HE FROM YUCATAN IN MEXICO AND HE BLACK AS A MOFO TRUE THAT A GOOD MAJORITY OF P.R'S AND DOMINICAN, CUBANOS LOOK LIKE BLACKS BUT IN P.R. WE GOT JIBAROS P.R'S MOSTLY OF INDIAN DESCENT.
JIBAROS...I DIDNT SAY ALL OF PR IS MOSTLY INDIANS I SAID THE JIBAROS ARE MOSTLY OF INDIAN DESCENT HOMIE

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » April 20th, 2004, 7:17 am

I dont think its the culture differenece between puerto ricans and mexicans that are that big... its just the totally different lifestlyes of NY and L.A.

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » April 20th, 2004, 8:24 am

^^^^thats for sure...

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » April 21st, 2004, 2:53 am

I ALWAYS HEAR PUERTO RICANS AND MEXICANS DISS EACH OTHER THEY REALLY DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER. ON THE EASTCOAST I SEE THAT PUERTO RICANS GET A LONG GOOD WITH BLACKS BETTER THAN BLACKS AND MEXICANS.

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » April 21st, 2004, 8:24 am

I KNOW SOME PR GANGS FUED WITH BLACKS IN CERTAIN PLACES IN THE MIDWEST…SH-T THEY MAINLY LOOK BLACK 2 ME THO SO IT’S ALL GOOD…BUT THESE MEXICANS OUT HERR DON’T LIKE THEM…THEY TEND 2 FIGHT A LOT…YALL KNOW BOUT THE PR’S “TRUE LIFE” THAT WERE ON THAT “BEEF” DVD???…NOW THOSE PR’S WERE KEEPING IT HOOD IN MY BOOK…THEY PUNK’D THEY SH-T OUTTA MOBB DEEP AND ROBBED THEM NIGGAS...THEN GOT ON TV AND BRAGGED ON HOW THEY IN THERE WORDS OF SAYING “WE TREAT NIGGAS LIKE STRIPPERS KID,MAKE THEM STRIP FOR US THEN WE ROB THEM”..AND MOBB DEEP DIDN’T EVEN DENY IT…ANYBODY PEEP THIS???..

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 21st, 2004, 8:53 am

TomTom wrote:I KNOW SOME PR GANGS FUED WITH BLACKS IN CERTAIN PLACES IN THE MIDWEST…SH-T THEY MAINLY LOOK BLACK 2 ME THO SO IT’S ALL GOOD…BUT THESE MEXICANS OUT HERR DON’T LIKE THEM…THEY TEND 2 FIGHT A LOT…YALL KNOW BOUT THE PR’S “TRUE LIFE” THAT WERE ON THAT “BEEF” DVD???…NOW THOSE PR’S WERE KEEPING IT HOOD IN MY BOOK…THEY PUNK’D THEY SH-T OUTTA MOBB DEEP AND ROBBED THEM NIGGAS...THEN GOT ON TV AND BRAGGED ON HOW THEY IN THERE WORDS OF SAYING “WE TREAT NIGGAS LIKE STRIPPERS KID,MAKE THEM STRIP FOR US THEN WE ROB THEM”..AND MOBB DEEP DIDN’T EVEN DENY IT…ANYBODY PEEP THIS???..
NAW BUT I HERD ABOUT IT....

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » April 21st, 2004, 9:12 pm

@GAME..GO COP “BEEF”..THEM PR’S WAS ON THERR BRAGGIN BOUT THAT SH-T BOLDLY…DOGG MOBB DEEP COULDN’T EVEN DENY IT…ON MY LIFE THESE CATS CAN NEVER RAP BOUT BEING THE MOBB AND KILLIN AND WHAT NOT…THOSE PR’S BROKE IT DOWN IN DETAILS…OL BOY FROM CYPRESS HILL SAID HE WAS SCARED SH-TLESS DOGG…

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » April 22nd, 2004, 8:16 am

@SCHIZONORTENA…WHAT THE F-CK????..YOUR HOOD XCEPTS GAYS AND TRANSVESTITES???…OK THIS HAS GONE 2 FAR…THIS BOARD IS TURNING INTO A BIG AZZ “GAY-PORN GANG SITE”…..DO U KNOW U’VE JUST DISGRACED A LOT OF X4’S DOING THAT???…BUT OH WELL…

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » May 10th, 2004, 3:07 pm

There was PR gang in Downtown LA called King Cobras. They were down with 18th St. They were straight cholos, they didn't act black.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 11th, 2004, 1:49 pm

i'm puero riCan and i'm Crip
all the otha puerto riCans i knoW dress/aCt/talk Ghetto
i dont Want 2 say dress/aCt/talk blaCk bkeCuase not only blaCk people aCt that Way so thats Why i said Ghetto

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » May 11th, 2004, 1:56 pm

Panik wrote:Game, I dont know where you're comin from here. #1 majority of cubans and PR's look black? Who said? Yeah, there are some, but the majority I don't think so. And as for people in Puerto Rico that are majority Indian, not true. Very few people In or from PR have traceable indian blood. only half of puerto ricans have any at all, and of that half, none even have 10% indian blood in them. Unfortunately the indians all died out before they could really be introduced into the blood stream and get their genes in there. within just a few years after the spanish arrived, there were only a couple hundred of them left, and the rest died out soon after. PR's are black, german, irish, spanish, and a couple other assorted types of europeans, with a little tiny sprinkle of american indian. The 2 most prevalent lines in PR blood are African and Irish.
Panik you are wrong about only a sprinkle of Indian blood....if you know what PR's look like you can see PR's that are mulattos and PR's that have a majority of white blood ....and guess what..... you can see PR's that have a majority of Indian blood too!!!!!