A White guy visiting the ghetto.

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: A question from a suburban white kid

Unread post by jae » March 22nd, 2005, 9:12 pm

Panik wrote:what kind of car do you drive? LOL
lol...

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: A White guy visiting the ghetto.

Unread post by Invincible » March 22nd, 2005, 9:14 pm

Speaking of New York,are Hells Kitchen and the Italian immigrant/mobster neighboorhoods still active?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 22nd, 2005, 9:18 pm

Invincible wrote:Speaking of New York,are Hells Kitchen and the Italian immigrant/mobster neighboorhoods still active?
yeah, they still got they lil gangs but for the most part those areas are puerto rican now

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » March 22nd, 2005, 9:21 pm

man, you dont even have to worry about nothing. you can walk anywhere you wanna walk. travel anywhere you wanna travel. dont let stereotypes polute your mind into thinking that just cause minorites are around, your going to get jacked or something. it aint even like that. be a man, be yourself, and people will respect you for that. frustrated people under stress, and depression will test you anywhere in the world... your skin color dont mean nothing.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 22nd, 2005, 9:21 pm

Invincible wrote:Speaking of New York,are Hells Kitchen and the Italian immigrant/mobster neighboorhoods still active?
italians use to be real big in most of the bronx, brooklyn, and some of manhattan. now italians for the most part they are spread out all over the place.

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » March 22nd, 2005, 9:23 pm

Panik wrote:what kind of car do you drive? LOL
a honda piece of shit

thanks for reminding me

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 22nd, 2005, 10:52 pm

Honestly brother. Unless your buyin a sack o green. I dont get why you would walk through the ghetto anyway. Go to Disneyland or an aquarium or somthin. hahaha.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 22nd, 2005, 10:55 pm

LA is a funny place, you can be in a good neighbourhood turn a corner and your in a gang hood.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 22nd, 2005, 11:02 pm

Yea, Ive heard that same thing.

DuarteESiderSGVX3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DuarteESiderSGVX3 » March 26th, 2005, 10:15 am

yup ese you wont last long

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 26th, 2005, 11:12 am

DuarteESiderSGVX3 wrote:yup ese you wont last long

LOL If you have to ask.............. Then no.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 26th, 2005, 2:00 pm

Invincible wrote:Naw Im serious man. If you read my previous stories about this I walked all the way around watts but it was in daytime and I went even to burger king in that shopping center there than circled around a few blocks and walked by Jordon projects where some kid said hi to me there, and a little later I went in my car to the Nickerson gardens some old guy said whats up but some womwn that looked high were staring at me.
Damn.. a kid from SOUTH CENTRAL said HI to you?? shiet im jealous.. hehe must've been an experience, lol..
nah im just playing..
are you white invincible?

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 26th, 2005, 10:17 pm

TheWatcher wrote:
Invincible wrote:Naw Im serious man. If you read my previous stories about this I walked all the way around watts but it was in daytime and I went even to burger king in that shopping center there than circled around a few blocks and walked by Jordon projects where some kid said hi to me there, and a little later I went in my car to the Nickerson gardens some old guy said whats up but some womwn that looked high were staring at me.
Damn.. a kid from SOUTH CENTRAL said HI to you?? shiet im jealous.. hehe must've been an experience, lol..
nah im just playing..
are you white invincible?
LMAO. Your crazy WATCHER.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » March 27th, 2005, 1:50 am

not in South Central, in jordon downs in watts across from a park around 103rd street, also a guy was nice to me and said what up in Nickersons. Yes I am white but what does that have to do with it?

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 27th, 2005, 1:56 am

cause the topic is "a white guy visiting the ghetto".

Im not being a wiseass invincible. Im just saying why. We're cool brother.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 27th, 2005, 2:44 am

Invincible had the balls to walk the Ghetto, more power to him..

DC

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » March 27th, 2005, 3:19 am

White people kill me when they say $hit like that. I have 10 times more chances of gettin got in the hood than any white man.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 28th, 2005, 2:35 am

look, white people come from the Ghetto too. Not all white people have money and opportunities but some manage like blacks as well to make it out and become successfull. Its up to the person, if he has the will and the right attitude he can make the right decisions and make something of his life, we all have choices and we can choose to do the right thing.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 28th, 2005, 10:59 am

^^^^^ VERY WELL SAID DC.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 28th, 2005, 11:17 am

If you think that its rare to find a white guy without a dime to his name, you are an idiot. Whites are poor too. We just live in different places.
Im sick of people seeing white people as suburban, middle class, bmw driving, tennis playing lame asses. That couldnt be further from the truth. I have met 4 white guys in my life that fit that description. And they were definently not MY people. I wouldnt stand next to one of them for money.
My people are REAL whites. Irish working class. We work in factories, car assembly plants, construction, plumbers, ect. Your average working guys.
You want something in my neighborhood, you work your ass off for it.
Not a siver spoon in ANY mouth here, brother. THAT is real whites.
And dont think that we dont know what financial struggling is just because were white.

~Krookid

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 28th, 2005, 4:27 pm

COMPTONnative wrote:look i was born and rasied in compton till i was 16. lemme give u my opinion on what would really happen. you would get very wierd looks from most people u come across but ur not gonna get shot just walking. if u gonna stare at some one they might have the impression taht you have a problem them, and as most of us know u dont like it when people stare at you, so tehy might start trippin. i would say dont stare or try to ' mad dog " any one. and of course watch what you are wearing.

Ps . that was a iggnorant question ....
Hes right. mind your own business you aint gonna get shot just walking. A lot of it is down to the media. they sell south central as a dangerous hell whole where you shouldnt venture cos you will get shot. its all (relatively speaking) BS they dont never tell you about the real people who live there and bust their ass out there day in and day out just to make ends meet, they dont tell you why people are in this situation. media has too much effect on people. Im white and i live in a Jamaican community in England. So far this year three people have been murdered on my block. People see this shit on the news and think damn, i aint goin down there. when i tell people where i live they assume its a terrible place to live they say i aint comin back to yours because they are scared because of how they see it on the television.

I love my community, i love the people and i love the fact that when i walk down the street i can talk to all the people, its sociable. I dont worry that im the only white person (anymore) but whatever color you are your likely to feel awkward outnumbered. A black man in a white neighbourhood, a white man in a black neighbourhood. I love where i live (ok i dont love the social problems) and its just a terrible shame that bad shit happens, but it aint nothin like the media portray.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 29th, 2005, 5:42 am

krookid wrote:If you think that its rare to find a white guy without a dime to his name, you are an idiot. Whites are poor too. We just live in different places.
Im sick of people seeing white people as suburban, middle class, bmw driving, tennis playing lame asses. That couldnt be further from the truth. I have met 4 white guys in my life that fit that description. And they were definently not MY people. I wouldnt stand next to one of them for money.
My people are REAL whites. Irish working class. We work in factories, car assembly plants, construction, plumbers, ect. Your average working guys.
You want something in my neighborhood, you work your ass off for it.
Not a siver spoon in ANY mouth here, brother. THAT is real whites.
And dont think that we dont know what financial struggling is just because were white.

~Krookid

WORD!!!!!!!!

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 30th, 2005, 5:18 pm

NW10 wrote:
COMPTONnative wrote:look i was born and rasied in compton till i was 16. lemme give u my opinion on what would really happen. you would get very wierd looks from most people u come across but ur not gonna get shot just walking. if u gonna stare at some one they might have the impression taht you have a problem them, and as most of us know u dont like it when people stare at you, so tehy might start trippin. i would say dont stare or try to ' mad dog " any one. and of course watch what you are wearing.

Ps . that was a iggnorant question ....
Hes right. mind your own business you aint gonna get shot just walking. A lot of it is down to the media. they sell south central as a dangerous hell whole where you shouldnt venture cos you will get shot. its all (relatively speaking) BS they dont never tell you about the real people who live there and bust their ass out there day in and day out just to make ends meet, they dont tell you why people are in this situation. media has too much effect on people. Im white and i live in a Jamaican community in England. So far this year three people have been murdered on my block. People see this shit on the news and think damn, i aint goin down there. when i tell people where i live they assume its a terrible place to live they say i aint comin back to yours because they are scared because of how they see it on the television.

I love my community, i love the people and i love the fact that when i walk down the street i can talk to all the people, its sociable. I dont worry that im the only white person (anymore) but whatever color you are your likely to feel awkward outnumbered. A black man in a white neighbourhood, a white man in a black neighbourhood. I love where i live (ok i dont love the social problems) and its just a terrible shame that bad shit happens, but it aint nothin like the media portray.

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » March 30th, 2005, 5:32 pm

My father was a mechanic back in the early 80's and had to travel through East St. Louis, which has a pretty bad reputation. I remember hearing stories that he would get pulled over by the cops ALL the time because he was a white man in the black ghetto - obviously there to buy drugs or engage in other illegal activity, right?

He never got shot at, never was beat up or stalked or otherwise accosted. I think people hooted and hollered at him a few times but he just minded his own business.

I think it depends on a lot more than just the color of your skin.

roqsteady

Unread post by roqsteady » April 11th, 2005, 4:25 am

purplecityhello wrote:
Invincible wrote:Naw Im serious man. If you read my previous stories about this I walked all the way around watts but it was in daytime and I went even to burger king in that shopping center there than circled around a few blocks and walked by Jordon projects where some kid said hi to me there, and a little later I went in my car to the NIckerson gardens.
I would love to see you walk thru Polo Ground Projects in Harlem ANY time of day (i take that back, i wish harm on no man)
are you TRYING TO get the boy killed?!?!?! lol damn...

u know them people up at polo grounds aint havin it...they ready to pop a homey off for no reason....

btw...im from nyc too...i grew up in jackson heights, queens and sunset park, brooklyn but i live in uptown harlem world now

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » April 11th, 2005, 9:24 am

Put it this way invincible. If you have a reason to walk somewhere, then walk with your chin up. If you have doubts, then dont go there.

Me personaly, I walk where I want to walk. If I have to go to Harlem for some reason, then f*ck it. Im goin. If I feel like taking a jog through Compton, I will jog through Compton. I fear nobody except for God.

Besides, Im 6'4 and 276 lbs. If I get jumped, Im not going to the hospital alone. Someone else is comin with me.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 11th, 2005, 9:38 am

haha true life right there homie, BUT n e one in Harlem will tell you they dont jump....that often - niggas usually shoot here if anything

roqsteady

Unread post by roqsteady » April 11th, 2005, 11:25 am

MICK wrote:Put it this way invincible. If you have a reason to walk somewhere, then walk with your chin up. If you have doubts, then dont go there.

Me personaly, I walk where I want to walk. If I have to go to Harlem for some reason, then f*ck it. Im goin. If I feel like taking a jog through Compton, I will jog through Compton. I fear nobody except for God.

Besides, Im 6'4 and 276 lbs. If I get jumped, Im not going to the hospital alone. Someone else is comin with me.
or do what i do...

smoke blunts with my n1ggas, take that 4 train to downtown and bug out to interesting and goofy bougie lookin white people....hey they see the ghetto as a zoo to them...so i bring the ghetto to them...to me rich white folks are the exhibit...not us...

o yea...that p-iff be making me feelin like im in another town too HAHAHA

lol i've been livin in nyc all my life and still that p-iff neva fails

roqsteady

Unread post by roqsteady » April 11th, 2005, 11:32 am

purplecityhello wrote:haha true life right there homie, BUT n e one in Harlem will tell you they dont jump....that often - niggas usually shoot here if anything
one thing i learned bout harlem world...is that they straight up grimey...do a n1gga dirty...one of my boy's right on st. nicholas houses got popped...now im from brooklyn...we let people know how we feel...we couldn't give a flying f*ck bout whether its the gun or the switch blade...harlem...damn...they on the down low...like a ninja scheming his attack....just plottin sum super ugly shit...i remember the first year i lived in harlem...sum gay n1gga's body was found underneath a car right on st. nick place on 148 i think...they hid the body...took everything...jewelry...everything...did the n1gga dirty...plus the dude had like his face smashed all in...and knife stab wounds everywhere...damn...lol

well thats a lil taste of new york for ya'll...

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 11th, 2005, 11:46 am

what part of Harlem you in homie?

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 11th, 2005, 11:59 am

last summer you could have found me on any given night in cabrini, federal ave, state street, ida b wells and all that shit trying to get weed bags dimes and shit,
strangly the only thing that happened to me that i didn't like was dudes calling me a "Fuccin 5-owe" Gs flinching in my face and trying to jook me out of money,
for real if your gonna play the game, don't be scared, get it in your mind that you don't givva shit, make it obvious, don't smile and be cheery, don't ride around snapping pictures,,, people arn't gonna like it if your taking pictures of their suffering,
but its a different story for me, ive been around gang bangers all my life i know the lingo how things really work and i do understand that if they feel that you have somthing they want and would like to have for themselves, they will take it from you, your car for example.
the best tip that i could offer you is to carry around 5 one dollar bills in your pocket or a hand full of dollars or what ever,,, and if some one does make a jack move, throw them out of your pocket and BOOK YOUR ASS OFF!!!! they will see the green and go for it, giving you enough time to escape, and if they shoot, duck and roll to the right you gotta bob and weave,
don't be suprised if you get checked though, they will treat you just like the cops do, pat your ass down if your in their turf(in the projects)

GOD SPEED MAN!

roqsteady

Unread post by roqsteady » April 11th, 2005, 12:18 pm

purplecityhello wrote:what part of Harlem you in homie?
i don't really wanna give out exactly where im at here in uptown for reasons...its the internet...u never know whats poppin....

but ima tell u this much...polo grounds is only 10 blocks away from me and yankees stadium is only a 20 minute walk away...