A White guy visiting the ghetto.

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
cobrah64

A White guy visiting the ghetto.

Unread post by cobrah64 » April 20th, 2004, 8:19 pm

I live in the suburbs of Los Angeles, if I were to drive dwon to south central, or compton, and got out of my car and walked around, would I get jumped. I mean would people actually hurt me cuz Im white?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: A question from a suburban white kid

Unread post by Panik » April 20th, 2004, 9:35 pm

what kind of car do you drive? LOL

cobrah64

Unread post by cobrah64 » April 20th, 2004, 9:50 pm

a 2003 Audi A4

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » April 20th, 2004, 9:55 pm

lol.. Consider that gone.. no matter where u went in the world people r gonna try take that off yo hands for real..

cobrah64

Unread post by cobrah64 » April 20th, 2004, 9:58 pm

well how bout me, lets say i took the bus, would i get hurt just for being white? minding my own business

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 20th, 2004, 9:58 pm

take the bus.

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » April 20th, 2004, 10:16 pm

From the sound of it kid. you wouldnt last long.

cobrah64

Unread post by cobrah64 » April 20th, 2004, 10:20 pm

yehh, i just dont get it, like why would people attack me? i mean for money?? cuz im white?? like is everyone there really racist? I know this may sound ignorant, but im just tryong to understand.

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » April 20th, 2004, 10:33 pm

try not to think to hard about it.....just remember one thing.......respect their gangsta.......

cobrah64

Unread post by cobrah64 » April 20th, 2004, 10:55 pm

ohh i respect them, i wouldnt even think of disrespecting, but the other day i got lost in downtown LA, and it was pretty scary, i was the only white person for at least a few miles, and I was getting very scary looks

mr 503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr 503 » April 20th, 2004, 11:09 pm

PERSONALLY I THINK U ARE TRIPPING ON THIS WAY TO HARD. YOU CAN PRETTY MUCH GO ALOT OF PLACES IN THE CITY AND GET BY AS LONG AS U MIND UR OWN BUSINESS AND DRESS NEUTRAL. STICK TO MAIN STREETS AND U WILL BE COO. JUST DONT GO WONDERING INTO SOME HOODS U DONT KNOW. AND PERSONALLY I DONT SEE WHY U WANNA GO DOWN THERE. SHIT ISNT SOME FIELD TRIP. MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE THERE WOULD LOVE TO TRADE PLACES WITH YOU AND DRIVE A AUDI A4.

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » April 20th, 2004, 11:10 pm

cobrah...you go down there and act like you don't even know what your about..like some tourist or something...yeah, your'e gonna be victimized...you act like a victim..you will be one.

You go down there..eastside..or anywhere for that matter and act like you got buisness and no what you're doing chances are all will be well.

There's definetly TOO MUCH HYPE 'bout certain parts of L. A. like it's wild wild west or something...it's bullshi_t!

It's just common sense..you go somewhere you got no buisness being and start acting stupid..you gonna be in trouble. Some places are definetly worse then others and the degree of trouble will reflect that...clown at the beach some surfer might kick your ass..you clown at the projects..you get smoked..it's as simple as that.

Act like a man, respect and be respected and be yourself you may live to be a grandpa.....ANYWHERE.

Impala

LEATHAFACE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LEATHAFACE » April 21st, 2004, 9:24 am

REAL TALK

Unread post by Guest » April 21st, 2004, 1:12 pm

cobrah64 wrote:ohh i respect them, i wouldnt even think of disrespecting, but the other day i got lost in downtown LA, and it was pretty scary, i was the only white person for at least a few miles, and I was getting very scary looks

lolol dats juss funny. Lil white boy probly was shittin his pants lol.

A homie if u juss tryn go look around in the city and dont live there, I wud juss say stay out, that way u dont gotta worry bout us tryn get at u, u kno. Especially if u dont look like u belong, lotta homies gon be checcin yo ass rite wen u get off that bus or car. And if u bring that car, u best have anotha one parked in yo mansion cuzz most likely its gon get jacced. Just mind yo own business and dont give any dirty looks lol.

Be-Bop

Unread post by Be-Bop » April 21st, 2004, 6:00 pm

at least he tells the truth "white boy from suburbs" Llol you gotta respect that

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » April 21st, 2004, 6:24 pm

im pretty sure us blacks and mexicans would feel the same if we was around a all white town known to have the kkk and crazy nazi boys around

cobrah64

Unread post by cobrah64 » April 21st, 2004, 6:36 pm

thanx for the answers, yehh lol it would be like that, fuckin nazis, killed my gramps and grandma, it gets me really pissed how different races fight now adays, i mean, who cares if the guy on the other side of the street is wearing blue, and ur wearing red, i mean u are all humans with the same problems, and the same issues, i dont get it how people cant get along, I know this sounds idealistic to the max, and quite ignorant, and i know there is alot of shit i couldnt eve begin to understand, but if you really think about it, its fuckin stupid. I mean yeh, the KKK, the NAZIS, they should be our enemies, not the guy in the different color shirt, with the different tatoo

COMPTONnative

Unread post by COMPTONnative » April 21st, 2004, 6:51 pm

look i was born and rasied in compton till i was 16. lemme give u my opinion on what would really happen. you would get very wierd looks from most people u come across but ur not gonna get shot just walking. if u gonna stare at some one they might have the impression taht you have a problem them, and as most of us know u dont like it when people stare at you, so tehy might start trippin. i would say dont stare or try to ' mad dog " any one. and of course watch what you are wearing.

Ps . that was a iggnorant question ....

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » April 21st, 2004, 7:01 pm

Be safe outthere suburban white kid....Try to gain some weight before going out there and lift some weights, so you wont be such an easy victim...

cobrah64

Unread post by cobrah64 » April 21st, 2004, 7:05 pm

ohh , ive been lifting since 8th grade, like for football and lacrosse, im repping 250, im also 6' 4", on the physical side, im fine, but muscle doesnt do shi*t against lead.

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » April 21st, 2004, 7:09 pm

better duck then or be like the matrix LOL....Naw,youll be fine tho, just no hard looks, neutral clothing, youll be coo....

COMPTONnative

Unread post by COMPTONnative » April 21st, 2004, 7:09 pm

YO u aint gonna get shot out there just for walkin down the street trust me.unless u come across some crazy ass mother fucker.

AMAR420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: A White guy visiting the ghetto.

Unread post by AMAR420 » March 22nd, 2005, 7:49 pm

what u wanna walk round compton like a pussy...and then tell your friends?

and then listen to gangsta rap all day?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » March 22nd, 2005, 8:20 pm

I did just that, went to South L.A and watts and walked around even went by one project and went isnide another.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 22nd, 2005, 8:24 pm

Invincible wrote:I did just that, went to South L.A and watts and walked around even went by one project and went isnide another.
that i highly doubt, ive been thru watts and even most the jake was black and mexican. but hey if u got heart like that more power to you homie. wait a second i just remembered who posted this thread...INVICIBLES'S LYING ASS haha

you been runnin thru san adreas huh? good for you. if you hold down L1 you can creep thru the hood instead of walking

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » March 22nd, 2005, 8:35 pm

Naw Im serious man. If you read my previous stories about this I walked all the way around watts but it was in daytime and I went even to burger king in that shopping center there than circled around a few blocks and walked by Jordon projects where some kid said hi to me there, and a little later I went in my car to the Nickerson gardens some old guy said whats up but some womwn that looked high were staring at me.
Last edited by Invincible on March 22nd, 2005, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 22nd, 2005, 8:36 pm

Invincible wrote:Naw Im serious man. If you read my previous stories about this I walked all the way around watts but it was in daytime and I went even to burger king in that shopping center there than circled around a few blocks and walked by Jordon projects where some kid said hi to me there, and a little later I went in my car to the NIckerson gardens.
I would love to see you walk thru Polo Ground Projects in Harlem ANY time of day (i take that back, i wish harm on no man)

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » March 22nd, 2005, 8:46 pm

Nothing would happen to you. I take long walks in LAs skid row to clear my head. All the crackheads,pimps,gangsters,drugdealers and hookers dont bother me. Just mind your own business and you should be safe.

AMAR420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AMAR420 » March 22nd, 2005, 8:46 pm

some people over here are like Homie the Clown

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 22nd, 2005, 8:49 pm

purplecityhello wrote:
Invincible wrote:Naw Im serious man. If you read my previous stories about this I walked all the way around watts but it was in daytime and I went even to burger king in that shopping center there than circled around a few blocks and walked by Jordon projects where some kid said hi to me there, and a little later I went in my car to the NIckerson gardens.
I would love to see you walk thru Polo Ground Projects in Harlem ANY time of day (i take that back, i wish harm on no man)
where are the polo ground projects? like what street or area in harlem? i was only there once and am actually pretty unfamiliar with most of manhattan never mind harlem.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 22nd, 2005, 8:53 pm

se11 wrote:
purplecityhello wrote:
where are the polo ground projects? like what street or area in harlem? i was only there once and am actually pretty unfamiliar with most of manhattan never mind harlem.
40th side of Harlem. hun 44th and 8th ave side aka the foul hundreds

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 22nd, 2005, 9:09 pm

those the ones right off the bridge a couple closest to the hospital? or are they the ones farther away from the hospital more inland?