ThE BILL COSBY SPEECH ABOUT SOME INNER-CTIY BLACKS.

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

ThE BILL COSBY SPEECH ABOUT SOME INNER-CTIY BLACKS.

Unread post by 'X' » June 4th, 2004, 9:40 am

Has anyone heard about the speech Bill Cosby made about the inner cities and so-called lower class blacks? I have a few opinions on his speech, does anyone else agree or disagree on what he said.

D.X

Stone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Bernardino

Re: ThE BILL COSBY SPEECH ABOUT SOME INNER-CTIY BLACKS.

Unread post by Stone » July 17th, 2004, 6:12 am

F*CK BILL COSBY!

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » July 17th, 2004, 5:53 pm

I thought Bill Cosby was keeping it real.

Niggaz need to get it together and change our value system.
There is a study about Black's and our spending habbits. Out of all of the ethnic groups here in the U.S. we was the largest amounts of money on BS with nothing to show for it years down the road than any other group here.

So I aint got no problem with his speech, niggaz do need to get more educated, change whats important, invest in property, not jewelry and cars, stop blaming White folks.

And just handle it...

Dla_soul

Unread post by Dla_soul » July 17th, 2004, 8:26 pm

Bull Cosby wasn't doing anything but preaching to the choir....

If he cared about Black people in the way I hear Black people saying he cared about them, then instead of telling a bunch of rich, educated Black people at Howard University about how the lower class Blacks are messing up the "deal" he would have taken his fake self over to SouthWest D.C. and told the lower class Black people what they needed to do...to their face.

All that Jello puddin pop eating sell-out did was let White people know that he was different than the Black people they are used to calling the "n" word...until he tries to buy NBC again then those Whitey's can let him know who and what he is.

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » July 19th, 2004, 2:57 pm

Dla_soul wrote:Bull Cosby wasn't doing anything but preaching to the choir....

If he cared about Black people in the way I hear Black people saying he cared about them, then instead of telling a bunch of rich, educated Black people at Howard University about how the lower class Blacks are messing up the "deal" he would have taken his fake self over to SouthWest D.C. and told the lower class Black people what they needed to do...to their face.

All that Jello puddin pop eating sell-out did was let White people know that he was different than the Black people they are used to calling the "n" word...until he tries to buy NBC again then those Whitey's can let him know who and what he is.
95% on point with everything you said....except..... what lower class Black people in SW D.C, apartments over there start at $900!
Last edited by lboogie on July 20th, 2004, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 19th, 2004, 9:26 pm

Dla_soul wrote:I...f he cared about Black people in the way I hear Black people saying he cared about them, then instead of telling a bunch of rich, educated Black people at Howard University about how the lower class Blacks are messing up the "deal" he would have taken his fake self over to SouthWest D.C. and told the lower class Black people what they needed to do...to their face...
You get your message out however you can. Besides, I'm sure the people in that audience have great influence with Blacks in the inner city.

Bill Cosby Rules!

Dla_soul

Unread post by Dla_soul » July 20th, 2004, 7:20 pm

My bad....

I meant SE, Anacostia.

Dla_soul

Unread post by Dla_soul » July 20th, 2004, 7:28 pm

el tio wrote:You get your message out however you can. Besides, I'm sure the people in that audience have great influence with Blacks in the inner city.

You sound silly....

Here's why:

If you were selling a dieting product would you walk up to fat people and tell them they are fat pieces of -ish who should buy your product...just because they are fat?

Think about that for a second.

Now think about this....

When you say that the people in the audience will have great influence with Blacks in the inner city is almost laughable to the point where it's insulting.

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that Bull Cosby hasn't been ANYWHERE in North Philly, except Temple University....

The people he addressed at Howard U. are the same types.

The only time they will be in ANY hood will be when they are driving through with their BMW looking at those who didn't "make it".

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » July 20th, 2004, 7:39 pm

[quote="Dla_soul"]My bad....

I meant SE, Anacostia.[/quote

Tru that, but you know in 5 years all thats gonna be white anyway. Its already starting.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 20th, 2004, 9:04 pm

Dla_soul wrote:
el tio wrote:You get your message out however you can. Besides, I'm sure the people in that audience have great influence with Blacks in the inner city.

You sound silly....

Here's why:

If you were selling a dieting product would you walk up to fat people and tell them they are fat pieces of -ish who should buy your product...just because they are fat?

Now think about this....

When you say that the people in the audience will have great influence with Blacks in the inner city is almost laughable to the point where it's insulting.

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that Bull Cosby hasn't been ANYWHERE in North Philly, except Temple University....

The only time they will be in ANY hood will be when they are driving through with their BMW looking at those who didn't "make it".
And what do you propose? That he visit every inner city in America?

That is laughable. Every time somebody tries do something all you the haters have is negativity. AT LEAST HE SAID SOMETHING THAT MADE THE EVENING NEWS. POOR PEOPLE DO HAVE TV'S RIGHT? YES THEY DO!!!

You can't go visit every ghetto in America.......you'd never finish........that's absurd.

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » July 20th, 2004, 9:28 pm

el tio wrote:
Dla_soul wrote:

You sound silly....

Here's why:

Now think about this....

And what do you propose? That he visit every inner city in America?

That is laughable. Every time somebody tries do something all you the haters have is negativity. AT LEAST HE SAID SOMETHING THAT MADE THE EVENING NEWS. POOR PEOPLE DO HAVE TV'S RIGHT? YES THEY DO!!!

You can't go visit every ghetto in America.......you'd never finish........that's absurd.
Something is wrong here!!!! Here I am again agreeiing with El Tio ;) lol.
To the A...hole that said Bill Cosby basically hasn't done anything for blacks.......YOU ARE ONE BLIND , DEAF AND DUMB MF'ER!!!!! Do some research about Bill Cosby and you will see that he has done plenty of good and HAS "givin back" to his community. What I get from what he said is that he is FRUSTRATED! 68% bastards in the "black" community is abominable! Black on black crime(or any crime against an innocent person) is abominable . Unemployment rates in the community is very sad. I like rap when it has a message but this materialistic dumb niggerization of rap is really fucked up!!! All the material wealth while sitting on your ass and playing video games and being 5 "baby's daddy with 5 different hoes" is a bunch of BS! "My baby's momma and my baby's daddy" is such a F'd up term and now seems to be the norm. GO AHEAD AND BLAME THAT ON THE WHITE MAN!!!You F'n fools!!

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » July 20th, 2004, 11:08 pm

I look at it like this...

If Mr. Cosby didn't giva Fu** he wouldn't of even opened up his mouth and said a damn thing. People who dont care just be like "man I dont even care so I aint gonna even waiste my breath" This cat took time out of his day witch I'm sure is not by a long shot to go out and spread what he felt needed to be said. Not just once either...

How can people be mad at Bill Cosby for saying what he said. It aint like he just some rich brotha who aint never did a damn thing for Black people just talking a gang of sh**. He's been giving back ever since he made it big....

We do have a problem and its a damn shame that niggaz cant take the truth uncut and raw in the manner that he brought it. But I dont know about you guys but thats how I want. Dont sugar coat nothin for me just tell it like it is....

I would rather have another Black person come out and say this than any other race.

I personaly think he said what alot of us think, feel, and know whats in the back off our minds....

That is our(above average) value system is completely twisted....
Not all of us but like I said I would say above average...

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » July 20th, 2004, 11:25 pm

Young Nile wrote:I look at it like this...

If Mr. Cosby didn't giva Fu** he wouldn't of even opened up his mouth and said a damn thing. People who dont care just be like "man I dont even care so I aint gonna even waiste my breath" This cat took time out of his day witch I'm sure is not by a long shot to go out and spread what he felt needed to be said. Not just once either...

How can people be mad at Bill Cosby for saying what he said. It aint like he just some rich brotha who aint never did a damn thing for Black people just talking a gang of sh**. He's been giving back ever since he made it big....

We do have a problem and its a damn shame that niggaz cant take the truth uncut and raw in the manner that he brought it. But I dont know about you guys but thats how I want. Dont sugar coat nothin for me just tell it like it is....

I would rather have another Black person come out and say this than any other race.

I personaly think he said what alot of us think, feel, and know whats in the back off our minds....

That is our(above average) value system is completely twisted....
Not all of us but like I said I would say above average...
Excellent post brother!

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » July 21st, 2004, 1:51 am

BILL COSBY AIN'T PUTTIN MONEY IN THE GHETTOS HE AIN'T HELPIN BUY BOOKS FOR INNER CITY SCHOOLS SO HE CAN'T SAY stuff.

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » July 21st, 2004, 1:16 pm

I came across this article and I think this just about sums up my position on Bill Cosby's speech. I get what he's trying to say, but he could have worded it different and not just generalized.

Demeaning poor African-Americans

By Jimi Izrael.
Jimi Izrael is a columnist for Africana
com

May 31, 2004

Bill Cosby caught a lot of ink lambasting the black youth and the underclass during a recent dinner at Constitution Hall in Washington marking the 50th anniversary of the Brown vs. Board of Education Supreme Court decision. There is the usual amen chorus of black commentators scrambling to pat Coz on the back.

I am not among them. Cosby was out of pocket.

He talked down his nose at people who love and revere him, having obviously forgotten what it means to be young, black and poor in America.

Cosby went on about the poor English many poor blacks use. He has forgotten those heady days of his early '70s comedy records, not to mention "Uptown Saturday Night" and "Let's Do it Again," those funkdafied fables he starred in with Sidney Poitier that were seasoned liberally with lewd, blueish dialogue and heavily immersed in the vernacular and jive talk of the day. Somehow, Cosby thinks he is the only person who has learned to switch between black vernacular and standard English. Given--he's trying to make a point about misplaced priorities in the black community. But he comes off like an elitist looking out the window of his Mercedes, dabbling Grey Poupon on a croissant and duck breast after a hard day on the links, lamenting the "Negro Problem."

Doing the time to do the crime is one thing, but Cosby is foolish for suggesting that anyone getting shot in the back of the head by police for stealing a pound cake had it coming. No one deserves to be shot by overzealous police. Cosby is either undermedicated or he really, really likes pound cake.

He goes on in his speech talking about all the fatherless children and irresponsible black men, but in the meantime Coz has had some "baby-mama drama" of his own. I take umbrage with people like Coz who get it in their mind to lay down "black agendas" from a position of moral authority, as if they do no wrong. The best role models are the flawed ones--people just like you and me who rise above their own human frailty--and Cosby would do good to remember that. Like so many of his generation--people who have obviously never been young, poor or made a single bad choice--he wags his finger at the young'uns ostensibly in the name of love while failing to see the broken legacy he and his kind have left behind.

We could argue that the Cosby-esque middle class fuels the cult of conspicuous consumption as some realization of the American Dream, and perhaps hold some culpability. Not everyone can get into college, or would know what to do once they got there. Cosby and his post-Civil Rights buddies plopped a virtual toolbox of resources in the lap of a generation of people with no clue. Instead of teaching how to fish, they microwaved some fish sticks, moved on up and out as quickly as possible, leaving those "others" to fend for themselves. Ultimately, we have to take care of our own, and Cosby knows that. Instead of chastising, he and his country-club buddies need to spend more time with their fingers in the dirt, with the "Little People."

Cosby thinks that kids wearing their pants low are an obvious sign of the apocalypse. But it's just another fad that will pass just like the hip-huggers, afros and bell-bottoms he and his wife, Camille, probably used to wear. And I don't know where he has been, but wearing your clothes backward was just a cheap record industry marketing hook that blipped across the screen and quickly fell off 10 years ago. Frankly, I wonder if Cosby hasn't lost his mind.

Good fathers know when children need tough love and when they need an advocate who will fight for them unequivocally, without judgment or reprimand. The young, black and poor need such an advocate--sooner rather than later--not admonition.

I admire the work that Cosby does for education. He gives boatloads of money to black colleges, and he's doing a cable-access show in Philadelphia for kids. And that's what I'm talking about. Instead of using his celebrity status to air his gripes, he should shut up and get busy.

Black people shouldn't be making excuses for bad performance--Cosby got that right. But tough love is overrated. Cosby's words are that of a frustrated father figure, and he can be forgiven for scorching the earth with ire and disappointment.

Now if he could only forgive those he has so thoroughly demeaned, and offer them unconditional love and a listening ear ... like all good fathers do.

Dla_soul

Unread post by Dla_soul » July 21st, 2004, 1:46 pm

el tio wrote:And what do you propose? That he visit every inner city in America?
No, what I propose is that he WON'T visit every inner city of America that he DOESN'T label EVERY inner city person with his brand of B.S.
el tio wrote:That is laughable. Every time somebody tries do something all you the haters have is negativity.
I challenge you to show me something he has done for inner city kids....

You can't say his $20 million donation because that was for college bound kids that would propbaly make it anyway, or at least have a better chance than someone from the inner city.

You can't say he recently sent two people to college because he JUST did this when the error of his ways was pointed out to him.

Do you accept the challenge?
el tio wrote:AT LEAST HE SAID SOMETHING THAT MADE THE EVENING NEWS.
So did the man who yelled, "FIRE," in a crowded movie theater.
el tio wrote:POOR PEOPLE DO HAVE TV'S RIGHT? YES THEY DO!!!
LOL!!!

You actually have me laughing here...for real.
el tio wrote:You can't go visit every ghetto in America.......you'd never finish........that's absurd.
ESPECIALLY when you NEVER EVER planned to even start....

That's the easiest, most effective way to be able to say "never" and be 100% correct.

Dla_soul

Unread post by Dla_soul » July 21st, 2004, 2:09 pm

young nile wrote:If Mr. Cosby didn't giva Fu** he wouldn't of even opened up his mouth and said a damn thing.
How you sound?????

Cosby "gossiped" about the inner city to a bunch of other rich Black people who would be caught dead in the inner city.

If giving a Fu** is all that matters when you generalize about a group of people, then the KKK must have gave a fu** about Black people for the last 100 years because they have BEEN saying the EXACT same things that Bull Cosby is saying.

Louis Farrkhan gives a fu** about ALL Black people...good, bad, indifferent.

Bull Cosby gives a fu** how White people view us...ALL BLACK PEOPLE, NOT JUST THE WELL OFF.
young nile wrote:People who dont care just be like "man I dont even care so I aint gonna even waiste my breath" This cat took time out of his day witch I'm sure is not by a long shot to go out and spread what he felt needed to be said. Not just once either...
He took time out of his day to say what? [italics] inner city Blacks are not doing good...[/italics]

TO WHOM? [italics] not the people he was talking about.[/italics]

How would you feel if he went to speak at Stanford about how gangmembers should be doing this, that, and the other?

Would you refer him telling people at Stanford the problems and solutions, or would you prefer him to come to South Central...Watts...Compton, and give the problems and solutions?

Come to think of it, that's all he has done up to this point...give out problems like we don't know what they are.
young nile wrote:He's been giving back ever since he made it big....
Don't fool yourself.

Bull Cosby has NEVER given back.

That $20 million donation was to save a college with money problems.

The school system in Philly is underfunded and has been for years....

He can say that Black kids don't speak well and a bunch of other nonsense, but when it comes time to cut a check to update the computers in the inner city of the city he was born and raised in...

POOF!!!

He's ghost.
young nile wrote:We do have a problem and its a damn shame that niggaz cant take the truth uncut and raw in the manner that he brought it. But I dont know about you guys but thats how I want. Dont sugar coat nothin for me just tell it like it is....
If you are saying this then you must be about 8 or 9 years old?

I say this not to disrespect but to remind you that Louis Farrakhan, and others, said these same things at the Million Man March....

It was just Farrkhan preaching then. When Cosby says it, now it becomes gospel....

young nile wrote:I would rather have another Black person come out and say this than any other race.
Buy a tape of the Million Man March and watch Black people who really care about Black people tell the Black people who are doing the crimes that they are wrong....right to their faces.

That's what I would rather have....

A person that has a beef with me, come to me with the beef and ot my neighbor.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » July 21st, 2004, 2:24 pm

^^^
Bill Cosby spoke his mind and there was plenty of truth in what he said.

Dla_soul

Unread post by Dla_soul » July 21st, 2004, 2:32 pm

b_tch made waterboy wrote:To the A...hole that said Bill Cosby basically hasn't done anything for blacks.......YOU ARE ONE BLIND , DEAF AND DUMB MF'ER!!!!! Do some research about Bill Cosby and you will see that he has done plenty of good and HAS "givin back" to his community.
He hasn't given...the word is spelled G-I-V-E-N, anything to the Black community that gives him the power to label an entire segment of the population.
b_tch made waterboy wrote:What I get from what he said is that he is FRUSTRATED!
And he took his frsutration out on the people who didn't have the power and probably not the knowledge or confidence to stand up and tell him he's wrong.

b_tch made waterboy wrote: 68% bastards in the "black" community is abominable!
Wipe the froth from the sides of your mouth and gather your thoughts because not only do I not know what you are talking about here...neither do you.

b_tch made waterboy wrote:Black on black crime(or any crime against an innocent person) is abominable.
I guess White on White crime is cool? How about Brown on Brown? Yellow on yellow?
b_tch made waterboy wrote:Unemployment rates in the community is very sad.
Unemployment because Black people would rather get a job at IBM than open a business in the hood.
b_tch made waterboy wrote:GO AHEAD AND BLAME THAT ON THE WHITE MAN!!!You F'n fools!!
The funny thing is that all my years in the inner city, I RARELY have heard the people from the inner city blame anything on the White man....

The Blame champions are "living-on-your-kneegrows" like yourself who went to White colleges, graduated and went to work for a White boss....

The blame comes in when that White boy who you showed how to work the copier machine becomes your supervisor....THEN comes the blame.

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » July 21st, 2004, 10:17 pm

Dla_soul wrote:
b_tch made waterboy wrote:To the A...hole that said Bill Cosby basically hasn't done anything for blacks.......YOU ARE ONE BLIND , DEAF AND DUMB MF'ER!!!!! Do some research about Bill Cosby and you will see that he has done plenty of good and HAS "givin back" to his community.
Dla_soul wrote:He hasn't given...the word is spelled G-I-V-E-N, anything to the Black community that gives him the power to label an entire segment of the population.
You know you are funny to call someone a "b_tch made waterboy" when you are a B*TCH MADE NIGGER.......the inslult to the Black race. I guess $2o million dollars wasn't enough for niggardly losers like you that always want to be GIVEN something and not EARNING something other than money from drugs sales and/or a welfare check. You cry like a B*tch and then call someone a b*tch what a joke. Let's look at the rest of your request for a handout or 1/2 assed justification for being a loser............
Dla_soul wrote: And he took his frsutration out on the people who didn't have the power and probably not the knowledge or confidence to stand up and tell him he's wrong.
Then obviously he was right if they didn't have the knowledge or the confidence to stand up and tell him he's wrong. Ya'll cop out so much. That's why besides a minority(hopefully a majority one day) blacks being successful in this country besides Oprah, Jordan etc , Blacks are still having major problems as a community is because of the loser cop-outs who want a hand out and make excuses.
Dla_soul wrote:
b_tch made waterboy wrote: 68% bastards in the "black" community is abominable!
Wipe the froth from the sides of your mouth and gather your thoughts because not only do I not know what you are talking about here...neither do you.
Look at census records or read the fatherhood vacuum in the race and ethnicity section and see what I am talking about.

Dla_soul wrote:
b_tch made waterboy wrote:Black on black crime(or any crime against an innocent person) is abominable.
I guess White on White crime is cool? How about Brown on Brown? Yellow on yellow?
Keep on chirping like a monkey. We are talking about the black community here and problems that are a plague to the black community! KEEP COPING OUT!
Dla_soul wrote:
b_tch made waterboy wrote:Unemployment rates in the community is very sad.
Unemployment because Black people would rather get a job at IBM than open a business in the hood.
Probably because blacks in that community would rather spend their money at a "white" owned store than to solicit their own "brother" because they feel he should be GIVING the community the merchandise for almost free. Or the possibility of being held up and robbed by black thugs. That would be a bad business and life decision.
Dla_soul wrote:
b_tch made waterboy wrote:GO AHEAD AND BLAME THAT ON THE WHITE MAN!!!You F'n fools!!
The funny thing is that all my years in the inner city, I RARELY have heard the people from the inner city blame anything on the White man....
Yeah sure. If it's not the white man it's "racism" (not that it doesn't exist)
Dla_soul wrote:The Blame champions are "living-on-your-kneegrows" like yourself who went to White colleges, graduated and went to work for a White boss....
The blame comes in when that White boy who you showed how to work the copier machine becomes your supervisor....THEN comes the blame.
My college was multiracial, yeah i worked for a few white bosses.....at least it wasn't at MacDonalds or Selling drugs(either of the 2 are probably your demographic). I had problems with people's racist attitudes....but I DID something about it and started my own busines. I didn't sit their a whine for a hand out or bitch made reparations or ask who is going to give me something..........I MADE MY OWN OPPORTUNITIES. How did I go to college? Not from a college trust fund but from serving in the military.
So it seems the only people that are "b&tch made anything" are B*TCH MADE NIGGERS LIKE YOU ALWAYS WANTING A HAND OUT FROM YOUR MASSA!
:)

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » July 21st, 2004, 11:39 pm

Dla soul,

I aint even gonna quote everything you said or copy and paste but I will respond....

First off. You ask "How I sound" how do you sound. I think the reason why you feel offended by what mister Cosby said is because you must be one of the people he was reffering to.

I dont agree with Mister Cosby just because he is Bill Cosby. But the stuff he has been saying I've been saying the same things to all niggaz around me, on the streets, in the pen, and in my house....

Self conciuse people always feel offended when someone slaps them in the face with the thruth. The truth does hurt dont it? Not to me though. We love to point fingers at other Blacks for stepping up to the plate and having nutts....
You talk about Brotha Farrahkan and the March. Yeah I gotta lot of respect for that brotha and if it wasn't for being in prison I damn sure would have went to the march. But how can you get upset with mr. Cosby for saying the same thing that he did? I wouldn't give a damn if Bill Cosby did or didn't do a damn thing for the community he got up there and said what exactly what niggaz need to here the exact same thing that Minister Farrahkan said at the march...

Niggaz never wanna talk like they got some since untill they start comming up with reasons to dispute another Black person. Then all the intelligence comes out. But where is that when Whities all up in a niggaz face calling him everything but a nigga making you wish he did.....

When I say these things I'm not talking about our race as a whole I'm speaking on the percentage that falls under that catagory...If you fall into that then maybe you will feel offended and totally miss the point that he was trying to get at....

He wasn't spitting all that out just to say "Black People we some dumb MF's" no he was hoping that niggaz would get made enough to do something....
It's called constructive criticsm, If you dont like it than thats too bad your gonna experience through out the rest of your life. And like I said in my last post Rather here it from my own kind than someone else...

What he said didn't bother me in the least bit. I know who I am, what I can do and who I "will" become, I'm not trippen off no other brotha becasue he felt like going public with something we speak amongst our selves about anyways...
Cant act like you aint never heard them words comming out of the mouth of an elder from you family or a black teacher or friends parants or what not...
We been hearing this for the longest so why niggaz getting all mad? Cuz the truth hurts and that no lie...

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » July 22nd, 2004, 12:26 am

the white man just tryna divide black people up , its the same ol divide and counquer, they tryna get blacks to get mad at bill cosby

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » July 22nd, 2004, 12:23 pm

grapes of wrath wrote:the white man just tryna divide black people up , its the same ol divide and counquer, they tryna get blacks to get mad at bill cosby
If it's true that the "white man" is trying to divide black people......well there a good amount of dumb blacks working for the "man" and knocking Bill Cosby for telling it like it is. I really don't see how they are trying to divide blacks with Bill Cosby....when Billy Cosby said those words himself. A true black/brown MAN in my opinion would look at HIMSELF in the mirror and be honest with himself and see if what Bill Cosby said was true. If it was true then he could start with HIMSELF and say "yeah you are correct" and correct his situation and clean his own house and then help others.....if they truly want help. Sometimes helping others at the same time you help yourself actually "helps you help yourself" sort of like good karma. Peace

Dla_soul

Unread post by Dla_soul » July 23rd, 2004, 10:46 am

Hey waterboy....

You are dismissed from class, you lame.

You aren't worth the keystrokes.

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » July 23rd, 2004, 10:56 am

Dla_soul wrote:Hey waterboy....

You are dismissed from class, you lame.

You aren't worth the keystrokes.
That just shows how much of a dumb ass you are....boy.
Dismissed from what class? The class of how it is to be a loser and a boy that cops out of self responsibility and accountability?
Yeah I'm not worth the keystrokes that will expose more of your stupidity and homo like tendencies. Keep blaming Bill Cosby and the white man for your own shortcomings.....boy. ;)

Dla_soul

Unread post by Dla_soul » July 23rd, 2004, 11:32 am

Young Nile wrote:First off. You ask "How I sound" how do you sound. I think the reason why you feel offended by what mister Cosby said is because you must be one of the people he was reffering to.
This is the argument that Bull Cosby supporters use for ANYONE who has an opinion that is opposite of Bull Cosby's.

It's strangely similar to the people who call people who are against the war in Iraq "UNPATRIOTIC".

What it boils down to is a lack of effort, or knowledge to truly deal with the matter at hand.

Let me clear something up for you....

I teach in Atlantic City.

I came across this site by snooping through my son's history on his computer and found it interesting.

I could throw out a bunch of figures of how good me and mine are doing but that would be diversionary to the point(s) I'm making.
Young Nile wrote:But the stuff he has been saying I've been saying the same things to all niggaz around me, on the streets, in the pen, and in my house....
There is a big difference on who you said what you said to and where you said it, and who Bull Cosby said what he said and where he said it.

Your conversations are directly to the people who are at fault. They (conversations) also take place right in the "hood".

On the other hand, who did Bull Cosby tell about the ills of people in the inner city?

Did he tell people who lived in the inner city?

No, he didn't....

He told a bunch of rich, Black people at Howard University how bad inner city Black people are doing.

It's sad that you can't see the disconnect/difference between your talks with innder city people and Bull Cosby's talk with inner city people.
Young Nile wrote:Self conciuse people always feel offended when someone slaps them in the face with the thruth.
Self conscious???? You may have a point.

Do you understand that majority of the people who argue against what Bull Cosby said aren't poor people who's name is Mohammad, steal poundcake, and are locked up all the time?

They are people with nine to fives, big house, white picket fence, kids who are doing well, blah-blah-blah.

The only difference is that they are knowledgable enough to understand that lower income Blacks aren't the problem of the Black community because the Black community INCLUDES people like Bull Cosby, Oprah Winfrey, Michal Jordan, etc.

You do know that these people are Black....don't you?

The argument that enlightened Black people present is that Bull Cosby doesn't really know diddly about the problems of the Black community, he only knows that the lower income Black people are showing Black people in a bad ligh to the rest of the world....and remember that Black people include Bull Cosby, Micheal Jordan, Oprah Winfrey, you get the idea...?

The downfall of the Black community is because of the middle class, and well to do, the people who Bull Cosby thinks are advancing the racewhen in fact they are only advancing themselves...but that's a story for another day.
Young Nile wrote:I wouldn't give a damn if Bill Cosby did or didn't do a damn thing for the community he got up there and said what exactly what niggaz need to here the exact same thing that Minister Farrahkan said at the march...
This is sad....

You sound like you're the type who will sit down and conversate with liars all day...beleive in false prophets???
Young Nile wrote:Niggaz never wanna talk like they got some since untill they start comming up with reasons to dispute another Black person.
CTFU!!!

Listen to your own wise words.
Young Nile wrote:When I say these things I'm not talking about our race as a whole I'm speaking on the percentage that falls under that catagory...
That's you....

Bull Cosby labeled ALL lower income Black people. He even broke it down to include a few that he may have missed.

Those who are locked up....

Those who don't have jobs because they were locked up....

Those who don't speak well....

Those who don't have jobs because they don't speak well...

Those with funny sounding names....

Those who don't have jobs because they have a funny sounding name....

Those who beat their women....

Those who buy their kids $200 sneakers....

Those kids who are stupid because their parents buy them $200 sneakers....

I could go on, but I won't because it would bring out even more just how reckless Bull Cosby's comments were.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » July 24th, 2004, 12:07 am

Dla_Soul,

The fact being that MR. Cosby spoke to an audiance of well of Black People doesn't mean anything.... What relavence does that have to the arguement at hand?

He message got out and I'm sure thats all that he wanted.

You are correct. I here alot of wealthy Blacks come out in opposition to Mr. Cosby and his comments. But for what reason?
Was his tone of voice too harsh?
Was his choice of words harsh?
I dont get it. Mr. Cosby did not say anything that "WE" already dont know... He just came out with it raw. In my opinion he was the sacraficial lamb of word of "OUR" situation.

This shouldn't even be up for dispute there is no way you can argue that what MR. Cosby said is not true, it is so obvious, and believe me I have the right to speak on these things becasue I came from dirt, the hood, the penatentry. I'm not going to go all into my situation but by no means am I one of the people he was talking about. I was at one time but after gaining much knowledge of self and were I need to be my whole system of values have changed now I am able to sit back and look from the outside looking in.
I dont know if you can say the same, or if you were ever in a gang or grew up like the way the people Mr. Cosby was refering too. But I did so that gives me even more of a right to speak up and acknowledge the fact that he didn't say anything but some real sh**....

I will give one point. I think some of the things that Mr. Cosby said were a little over board possibly due to some type of bias on his part, or one can make the arguement that he was just in the heat of the moment and let his mouth get the best of him, however with that being said a few poor choice of words in one or two statements should not take away from the general point he made.....

"There is a big difference on who you said what you said to and where you said it, and who Bull Cosby said what he said and where he said it. "

You are right about this and the reason why I brought this up is to stress my point that I would fall under the same type of people that he was talking about but yet have the since to understand that what he was trying to say, and that there are alot of people who agree with him that are on there way up trying to get out of there current situation to make things better for us in this country... I've had this conversation with many intellagent older brother when I was just a youngster behing the walls....

"You sound like you're the type who will sit down and conversate with liars all day...beleive in false prophets??? "

Sorry Bra.... I really dont understand the point your trying to make here every one of them was some what legit untill this one.....
Because I'm not a narrow minded youngster who cant see beyond what comes directly out of a persons mouth I believe in false prophets and conversate with liars? LoL.....ok I'll be that but remember..." Every time somebody tries do something all you the haters have is negativity." So you tell me who can do something thats not a liar or false prophet in your eyes????

I'm not trying to argue with you bra, just one individual on the other side of the fence than you....But If you have the answers and they are 100% opposite of what Mr. Cosby said I would sure love to here them.....

JRatta
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JRatta » July 24th, 2004, 9:14 pm

grapes of wrath wrote:the white man just tryna divide black people up , its the same ol divide and counquer, they tryna get blacks to get mad at bill cosby
Every time I hear some one come up with this "white people have an agenda to keep the black man down" thing I get fustrated. Why? Because YOU are making the racial divide with this mentality. It's just as cold-hearted and dumb as the KKK its self. I lack respect for anyone with this racist "it's us vs. them" mentality. The dumbest thing you said is that white people are tryin to get blacks mad at bill cosby. You #&*^ing retard, Cosby is trying to give helpful criticism and you come up with this BS theory that the white people have created some conspiracy to make blacks hate Bill Cosby.........("Wait I have an idea! yea we can show the media and news what Cosby said, then the black people will hate him, making it much much easier for us to conquer them, it'll work perfectly!").

What grapes of wrath said is the most ignorant thing i've heard in a long long time.

I believe in what Bill Cosby said. If you think he doesn't know shit about inner-city ghettos you're hella wrong, because the man has seen plenty of them from where he came from. He's done all sorts of things for the inner-city black communities, charities, he pays for poor black kid's college educations, but only if he feels they deserve it. He believes in earning things, not blaming your misfortunes on another race. So grow up and learn how to use constructive criticism.

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » July 25th, 2004, 12:39 am

^^ u must be white, u mad cuz i just uncovered ya'lls plan

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » July 25th, 2004, 11:04 am

grapes of wrath wrote:^^ u must be white, u mad because i just uncovered ya'lls plan

grapes of wrath^^^ yeah so-called jratta says he white. It figures.

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » July 28th, 2004, 11:22 am

I love Mr. Cosby and what he has done, but he needs to get a grip. Making sweeping generalizations doesn't do anything for anybody. With all of his wealth of knowledge, finance, and achievement, instead of pointing the finger, and wasting all of that energy complaining about how bad we are doing, he should have used better judgement. Nobody likes complainer. Do we have issues in our neighborhoods, yes. Are there things we could work on, yes. However, their are a lot of goods thing happening in the community contrary to people who aren't in tune anymore (i.e, Mr. Cosby) with whats going on in our neighborhoods.

On a side note, I'm sick and tired of our people complaining we need leaders. If you want a leader to change your life for the better, the most qualified candidate is the person you see in the mirror everyday.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 28th, 2004, 4:40 pm

Mr. Cosby is entitled to his opinion and to speak it same as the rest. So now do we have black men that want to strip other black men from speaking their opinions? What do you call that anyways?

Come on DX you trickologist. Answer. Do you want to stop black men from speaking their mind? Are you sure all white people are the result of an evil scientist 6,000 years ago? Are you ever going to admit the possibility theoritically exists that there might have been one good white person that ever lived? lol.