white radiohost calls blk ncaa females "hoes"

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 12th, 2007, 9:07 pm

A Ghost wrote:
se11 wrote:
the american media doesnt think its wrong so its a good thing, right?
if they didnt think its wrong, this whole thing with imus would be half over. the younger generation accepted it, but its still not a word that should be used to describe any kind of women.

and what women in america want to be "hoes"?
Thats different.

IMUS is supposed to be proffesional.

If he wants to tell race jokes then he needs to go to Comedy Central
im not defending imus, are you just contradicting me because i am saying something?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 12th, 2007, 9:12 pm

DONT BlAME HIP HOP
nobody is.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » April 12th, 2007, 9:12 pm

"Fire" whom ever they want :roll: , the MINDSET of where those comments came from lives on...

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 12th, 2007, 11:45 pm

se11 wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
se11 wrote:
the american media doesnt think its wrong so its a good thing, right?
if they didnt think its wrong, this whole thing with imus would be half over. the younger generation accepted it, but its still not a word that should be used to describe any kind of women.

and what women in america want to be "hoes"?
Thats different.

IMUS is supposed to be proffesional.

If he wants to tell race jokes then he needs to go to Comedy Central
im not defending imus, are you just contradicting me because i am saying something?
No

continue

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 13th, 2007, 12:23 am

GTS wrote:Bomb Canada, not Iran
what about theyre BC bud

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 13th, 2007, 12:25 am

By the way, I know that Imus pretty much offends anybody, even Jews and homosexuals. But, here are a few things he's said (or his show has said) about Black people through the years.

He called Venus and Serena Williams "two booma-chucka, big-butted women"

He also said the Williams Sisters didn't belong in Playboy they belonged in National Geographic.

He called the New York Knicks "chest-bumping pimps"

He referred to PBS anchor Gwen Ifill as a "cleaning lady"

He urged his producer buddy to "make fun of more Negroes"

In 1997, Imus told a "60 Minutes" employee that his program producer was brought on the staff to do "n***er jokes."

Now, do you feel so bad about him being TERMINATED? OH yea, Hip-Hop had nothing to do with his stupid rant. Don Imus - like KKKramer before him - has expired.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 13th, 2007, 12:43 am

johnnnny wrote:Look ill stop my anti american posts and take a break, ill disappear for a bit and come back later on. If the american racism in this forum isnt in a runaway effect ill be more respectful to americans.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 13th, 2007, 1:51 am

Imus Fired
CBS Terminates Long-Time Radio Host Over Racially Charged Comments
April 12, 2007

Following outcry from public officials, civil rights leaders and advertisers, CBS fired Don Imus from his radio show Thursday afternoon, in a final blow for the broadcaster who called the Rutgers women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" last week.

"There has been much discussion of the effect language like this has on our young people, particularly young women of color trying to make their way in this society," CBS President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves said in announcing the decision. "That consideration has weighed most heavily on our minds as we made our decision."

Imus, 66, has repeatedly apologized for his remarks and reportedly met with the Rutgers women's team Thursday night.

Reverends Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton met with CBS executives earlier in the day to demand they pull the plug on Imus because of the controversial comments.

It's not clear if the meeting is what pushed the network to terminate Imus' show. The shock jock's show was syndicated nationally on Westwood One, which is owned by CBS.

"We will not stop until we make it clear that no one can denigrate based on sex," said Sharpton, after the CBS announcement. "We need to open up the media world. There are far too many media companies where there are far too much exclusion of women and people of color... We don't have to be misogynist and racists to be creative in this country."

Sharpton said he was planning a rally for Saturday, adding that he would sooner go to jail than back down from an issue he felt passionately about.

"We are going to be looking around the television and music industry; there is no one that gets a pass here," Sharpton continued. "Women should be respected, blacks should be respected, and whites need to be respected."

NY1 spoke with some people in Midtown about their reaction to his ousting.

“I'm not a big shock jock fan,” said one New Yorker. “I think it was justified.”

“When you are in that business, I guess it’s deserved. You’ve got to watch what you say on the radio,” concurred another local resident. “The Rutgers team did well this year. They didn't deserve to be called that.”

“I was wondering what if he was a black radio personality would this be the same kind of affect that it was having?” I don't think so, if he was black,” countered another. “No I don't think he should have been fired.”

“I think it's a shame,” said a fourth New Yorker. “They’re making an issue out of nothing. Yes he was wrong. No doubt about it. But, there are a lot of other depressing issues, whether it was black or white, red, green, blue. What happened to him shouldn’t have happened. He apologized. Suspend him, do whatever. But, to blow a 40 year career, that’s a shame.”

Former President Bill Clinton also weighed in on the controversy at a Manhattan church Thursday, saying our popular culture always wants to find someone to look down on and that Imus must an unhappy man to be disparaging others the way he did.

"And while I deplore what Mr. Imus said, it was racist and it was sexist, what was really sad is, and you can see it in the pictures, I thought this must be one unhappy fella to have to talk about somebody else like that,” said Clinton.

Imus initially was suspended for two weeks for the comments, but outrage continued to grow and advertisers bolted from his programs.

Nonetheless, the shock jock, who admitted his comments were "really stupid," held his 18th annual charity radiothon Thursday morning, raising as much as $1 million, even though NBC stopped simulcasting his show on MSNBC.

On the show, Imus said he understood MSNBC's decision, but he added the network was doing some unethical things during the broadcast. He would not elaborate.

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.js ... &aid=68658

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 13th, 2007, 9:14 am

they fired him for business not ethics.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » April 13th, 2007, 10:04 am

se11 wrote:
-in north america, its americas way or the highway, your country is my countries problem.

lol come on now i dont hate canadians or anything but come on. you guys had like 12 troops in iraq. im not even for the war, but its not like you had to sent a huge force to fight, which more than half are already home. canada helped volunteraly, that was really nice and worth appreciation. but come on.
then why is it most of everyone i met hates the people of america>?
maybe, they're prejudice too?
Off topic real quick, we actually sent 0 troops to Iraq, and have a pretty big force in Afghanistan and have taken quite a few losses there.

I think it's a good thing to fire Imus but it doesn't change anything really. How do you change a persons way of thinking? He obviously said those things because he believes them and firing him isn't going to change that.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » April 13th, 2007, 10:12 am

A Ghost wrote:
johnnnny wrote:Look ill stop my anti american posts and take a break, ill disappear for a bit and come back later on. If the american racism in this forum isnt in a runaway effect ill be more respectful to americans.
^ Co-sign.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 13th, 2007, 10:49 am

in the meeting with imus the rutgers womens team accepted the "apology" and c. vivian stringer(coach) called the meeting progressive. all the girls were well presented and did a good job at the meeting and felt they made good progress. the young women really distinguished themselvs and represneted themselvs.
"We, the Rutgers University Scarlet Knight basketball team, accept - accept - Mr. Imus' apology, and we are in the process of forgiving," Stringer read from a team statement a day after the women met personally with Imus and his wife.

"We still find his statements to be unacceptable, and this is an experience that we will never forget," she said.
"These comments are indicative of greater ills in our culture," Stringer said. "It is not just Mr. Imus, and we hope that this will be and serve as a catalyst for change. Let us continue to work hard together to make this world a better place."
The team's goal was never to get Imus fired, Stringer said. "It's sad for anyone to lose their job," she said.
Stringer declined to discuss the hate mail Friday. Rutgers team spokeswoman Stacey Brann said the team had received "two or three e-mails" but had also received "over 600 wonderful e-mails."

c. vivian stringer's quotes.

i think stringer and the girls handled themselvs great in this situation, and i think society missed the point of this whole thing and missed the point of what the girls wanted to do. this has become a big show about don imus getting fired. instead of having everybody realize the seriousness of those comments, it created tension on all scales. it resulted in al sharpton getting involved and calling for his firing, black people were mad that imus said these things, white people were mad sharpton is getting his way, and everybody totally misses the real point of this. the girls just wanted imus to realize how his words affected them personally and how these words can effect society. instead it became more about imus getting fired than the girls getting hurt.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 13th, 2007, 10:50 am

I have no problems with americans whatsoever and i am from Europe.
I have problems with certain people, but unfortunately you have the same assholes here.

Black_Kingz86
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Black_Kingz86 » April 13th, 2007, 12:03 pm

Fuck Amerikkka period.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 13th, 2007, 3:54 pm

LOOOOOL at ghost

wtf happend to blakk shit i ain seen him serve a mothafucka since

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » April 13th, 2007, 5:35 pm

Mcminister wrote:
wtf happend to blakk

Snitches, sensitive and emotional ones on here who can dish it but cant it is what apparently happened to him...

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 13th, 2007, 7:42 pm

[quote="Mcminister"]

wtf happend to blakk shit i ain seen him serve a mothafucka since[/quote]

the rumor some of these fagots(knows some of these dudes will be pm'ing alonso asking him why im not banned for using that word) made was blakk got banned (despite the fact that christina & alonso is the only 2 who can ban people & they been hands full busy offline that they barely have time to ban people,lock threads,patrol threads)..blakk has his own thread dedication though

http://streetgangs.com/billboard/viewto ... 1&start=60

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 13th, 2007, 9:05 pm

se11 wrote:in the meeting with imus the rutgers womens team accepted the "apology" and c. vivian stringer(coach) called the meeting progressive. all the girls were well presented and did a good job at the meeting and felt they made good progress. the young women really distinguished themselvs and represneted themselvs.
"We, the Rutgers University Scarlet Knight basketball team, accept - accept - Mr. Imus' apology, and we are in the process of forgiving," Stringer read from a team statement a day after the women met personally with Imus and his wife.

"We still find his statements to be unacceptable, and this is an experience that we will never forget," she said.
"These comments are indicative of greater ills in our culture," Stringer said. "It is not just Mr. Imus, and we hope that this will be and serve as a catalyst for change. Let us continue to work hard together to make this world a better place."
The team's goal was never to get Imus fired, Stringer said. "It's sad for anyone to lose their job," she said.
Stringer declined to discuss the hate mail Friday. Rutgers team spokeswoman Stacey Brann said the team had received "two or three e-mails" but had also received "over 600 wonderful e-mails."

c. vivian stringer's quotes.

i think stringer and the girls handled themselvs great in this situation, and i think society missed the point of this whole thing and missed the point of what the girls wanted to do. this has become a big show about don imus getting fired. instead of having everybody realize the seriousness of those comments, it created tension on all scales. it resulted in al sharpton getting involved and calling for his firing, black people were mad that imus said these things, white people were mad sharpton is getting his way, and everybody totally misses the real point of this. the girls just wanted imus to realize how his words affected them personally and how these words can effect society. instead it became more about imus getting fired than the girls getting hurt.
If he wanted to be edgy and make risky jokes then he should have signed up for a spot on Comedy Central.

His history shows that he has a big mouth, hes supposed to be professional.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 13th, 2007, 9:47 pm

Patrice O Neal comments on IMUS situation

http://www.whudat.com/news/media/patric ... n_imus.wma

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 14th, 2007, 8:21 pm

Qdawg wrote:update for mic: cbs fires imus from radio show
well, I guess that's the end for him
'X' wrote:"Fire" whom ever they want :roll: , the MINDSET of where those comments came from lives on...
se11 wrote:they fired him for business not ethics.
'

Yes and yes

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 14th, 2007, 8:52 pm

mic..the reason they said they fired him to make long story short was because of young females "of color" & all this other stuff...mind you his bosses are viacom...same company that runs b.e.t & mtv & you see some of the garbage they advertise on there station

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 14th, 2007, 8:55 pm

which is why I agree with:
se11 wrote:they fired him for business not ethics.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 15th, 2007, 3:42 am

'X' wrote:
Mcminister wrote:
wtf happend to blakk

Snitches, sensitive and emotional ones on here who can dish it but cant it is what apparently happened to him...
it was bound to happen with all that shit talkin that went on, crappy thing is though, dude didnt get a chance to respond to what ever he had to say with qdawgs thread.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 15th, 2007, 12:03 pm

[quote="TeeKay]it was bound to happen with all that shit talkin that went on, crappy thing is though, dude didnt get a chance to respond to what ever he had to say with qdawgs thread.[/quote]

dont be fooled my man...same thing he said on page 1 was the same thing being made-up in the 8-3 crip forum..wasnt nothing for him to respond to

http://streetgangs.com/billboard/viewto ... 71&start=0

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 18th, 2007, 9:31 am

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » April 18th, 2007, 9:40 am

A Ghost wrote:Image
that had to be one of te top five funniest southpark episodes ever.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 18th, 2007, 9:41 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
A Ghost wrote:Image
that had to be one of te top five funniest southpark episodes ever.
LOL @

"Jesse Jackson is not the emperor of black people"

"But thats what I told my dad"

:lol: :lol:

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 21st, 2007, 7:32 am

Jason Whitlock about IMUS

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » April 21st, 2007, 11:00 am

what have i been saying from jump don imus anit got shit ta do whit what goes on in the black community

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 21st, 2007, 8:47 pm

Whitlock talking about Al Sharpton to his face (also mentions Duke University case)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0qpaM5bA7Z0