Study: Whites Just Don’t Understand the Black Experience

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » February 15th, 2008, 11:45 pm

flame_guards_member1 wrote:
twocost wrote:I don't know man, to me it seems like the area you grow up in is what gets you judged along with your race. If your from Compton you have a lower chance of success suppose to some one from Irvine. Looks are everything to. You can be a rough ass looking white guy and have a shaved head and people from all minority races will look badly upon you thinking that your a skinhead when in reality your not. Image is everything. It would be very interesting if you took a rugged ass rough looking big white guy with a shaved head and you took a very very clean cut good looking average height black guy and raised them with the same opportunities in life, i.e. same income families, same moral backgrounds, and see who comes out more better off in life.

But that is an interesting study thanks for sharing that with us.
Thanks man. I put my myspace page on the thread Alonso posted so you see I'm not bald. :lol:

Very interesting idea. I think the black guy would come out instead of me. :wink:
I agree.

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » February 16th, 2008, 1:15 am

BxxMILITIA wrote:Flame guard, ur full of shit, don't try to adjust all the attention on to urself, talkin about everyone fears u...funny :lol:....u don't see nobody else tellin everybody in this forum there size n weight lol....talkin about ur 6"4 n 300 somthin pounds.....I could easily say some shit like I'm 6"6 and I used to be a general in the marines....honestly, I don't give 2 shits about ur "mental disorders" lol...the topic is.....(drum rolls).......white people and understanding the black experience!!!....oo and 88 really needs 2 stop bitchin....
Don't belive I'm 6'4 and 300 pounds? Take a look at my myspace page. I don't give a fuck if your not afraid of me that surely doesn't make me afraid of you and if your blind like a million other wannabe gang members and don't feel shit it's either because your high or too much out of reality and into gang banging. I don't give a fuck if you don't give a fuck about my mental condition, and honestly, I don't give a fuck if you get your ass shot by someone tommorow in 'the hood' and like millions of others, I don't give a fuck about any struggle you might be having just because no one gives a fuck about mine.

With this comment, your actually adjusting all the attention to yourself so think before you speak, but no, you don't think, you just act, and your mouth is your only weapon.

It's people like you who are the scum of this world and the reason people like me can't live a normal life. You should be ashamed of yourself.

StoneGreaser
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: near Chicago

Unread post by StoneGreaser » February 16th, 2008, 10:15 am

Young Deuce wrote:
StoneGreaser wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
justice league wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:but fa real...everybody got they own experience...it all depends on where you come from....but racial profiling is the one major thing i gotta point out because it dont matter if you a rich as hell or a dirty bum.....if your black thats all that matters.....
:shock:
lol...u know cops do it all the time....if you black they check u fa drugs...if your hispanic and somtimes asian...they check for residency...come on man...i was riding with this vietnamese dude and some other people from my school to this college fair thing and rascist ass police stop us...checked us out....even ask dude who was the president of this country....
So, it's racism that would cause the 5-0 to check someone, say a Latino? Dig that...you got the Mexican government saying that 7 in 10 Mexicans in the U.S. are here illegally, but the cops shouldn't look at that? You gotta look past yer big hang-up on race and dig that it's about power, not color. If you look like yer a member of ANY marginalized group, no matter what color, yer gon get hassled.

Other thing, agree or not, you play, you pay. If yer doin dope an ya get popped, well shit, it aint the po-po to blame-yer the one put the shit in yer pocket, right? Man up an take responsibility for what ya do insteada whinin that old racism shit.

im a big kid i can see where you coming from about illegals but when police are hassling latinos who been here and were born here fa ages...knockin on door "searching" fa illegal immigarnts then u gotta problem....and ya last paragraph aint making sense.....i aint say npthin about people who sell drugs im talkin about the average black american getting harassed...old rascism shit???old racsim shit???aint nothin old about rascism...its still here if its one thing i hate its when people try ta act like racism aint around no mo...just the other day a black man went on a killing spree in Kirkwood, MO at the city hall....the media tryed ta cover it up....i aint sayin what he did was right...but when u harass a man every day...give him 18,000 dollars worth of "parking tickets"...he gon go off the deep end....old rascism shit...miss me with that BS...
Yeah, there's beaucoup new racism jumping off...I seen more of it onj this site than I seen onna streets in years. Black, White, Brown, all kinds.

When 7 in 10 Latinos in the States are here illegal, you don't suppose some legal ones gon be hassled in the mix? Shit Bro, get real! That aint racism, that's reality. And the "average Black man"? Tell ya what, I joke with my partners who got a bit more tan than I do about D.W.B., and that's real in mostly White hoods, but then again, I'ma get stopped in a heartbeat the Man sees me cruisin by the Jets at night. Profiling...it's like the big buzz, but the lil secret peoples don wanna talk about is that when people get profiled it's usually for good reason.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » February 16th, 2008, 10:48 am

clipse wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
StoneGreaser wrote: You gotta look past yer big hang-up on race and dig that it's about power, not color. If you look like yer a member of ANY marginalized group, no matter what color, yer gon get hassled.
:!: :!: :!:

lol...thats some straight bulls-hit! So I guess our "marginalized group" is called Black.
In the US, yes, i would agree. Its always majority vs. minority and that doesnt have to be based on race necessarily, but it can play into it of course.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » February 16th, 2008, 2:01 pm

That's true. Whites that are percieved as poor whites or "white trash" are treated differently by cops than mainstream whites.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » February 16th, 2008, 2:18 pm

StoneGreaser wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
StoneGreaser wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
justice league wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:but fa real...everybody got they own experience...it all depends on where you come from....but racial profiling is the one major thing i gotta point out because it dont matter if you a rich as hell or a dirty bum.....if your black thats all that matters.....
lol...u know cops do it all the time....if you black they check u fa drugs...if your hispanic and somtimes asian...they check for residency...come on man...i was riding with this vietnamese dude and some other people from my school to this college fair thing and rascist ass police stop us...checked us out....even ask dude who was the president of this country....
So, it's racism that would cause the 5-0 to check someone, say a Latino? Dig that...you got the Mexican government saying that 7 in 10 Mexicans in the U.S. are here illegally, but the cops shouldn't look at that? You gotta look past yer big hang-up on race and dig that it's about power, not color. If you look like yer a member of ANY marginalized group, no matter what color, yer gon get hassled.

Other thing, agree or not, you play, you pay. If yer doin dope an ya get popped, well shit, it aint the po-po to blame-yer the one put the shit in yer pocket, right? Man up an take responsibility for what ya do insteada whinin that old racism shit.

im a big kid i can see where you coming from about illegals but when police are hassling latinos who been here and were born here fa ages...knockin on door "searching" fa illegal immigarnts then u gotta problem....and ya last paragraph aint making sense.....i aint say npthin about people who sell drugs im talkin about the average black american getting harassed...old rascism shit???old racsim shit???aint nothin old about rascism...its still here if its one thing i hate its when people try ta act like racism aint around no mo...just the other day a black man went on a killing spree in Kirkwood, MO at the city hall....the media tryed ta cover it up....i aint sayin what he did was right...but when u harass a man every day...give him 18,000 dollars worth of "parking tickets"...he gon go off the deep end....old rascism shit...miss me with that BS...
Yeah, there's beaucoup new racism jumping off...I seen more of it onj this site than I seen onna streets in years. Black, White, Brown, all kinds.

When 7 in 10 Latinos in the States are here illegal, you don't suppose some legal ones gon be hassled in the mix? Shit Bro, get real! That aint racism, that's reality. And the "average Black man"? Tell ya what, I joke with my partners who got a bit more tan than I do about D.W.B., and that's real in mostly White hoods, but then again, I'ma get stopped in a heartbeat the Man sees me cruisin by the Jets at night. Profiling...it's like the big buzz, but the lil secret peoples don wanna talk about is that when people get profiled it's usually for good reason.
yeah dont get me wrong poor whites get hassled fa no reason too....any poor person @ general.....but what im sayin is that the average minority will get hassled way before an average white person....and yeah hispanic are gonna get hassled by police but what im sayin is that from the ones i know, they told me they get hassled multiple times....and somtimes by the same cop...but it is what it is....

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » February 17th, 2008, 1:03 am

Young Deuce wrote:
justice league wrote:

thats interesting..... the cops stopped jacking me when I stopped taking my show to Front Street.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » February 17th, 2008, 10:45 pm

that's funny cuz my show is always gonna be on front street its my color.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » February 17th, 2008, 10:46 pm

justice league wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
justice league wrote:

thats interesting..... the cops stopped jacking me when I stopped taking my show to Front Street.
why would cops wanna mess with a senior anyway?

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » February 18th, 2008, 11:36 am

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool ^^

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » February 18th, 2008, 11:37 am

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool ^^

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » February 18th, 2008, 1:44 pm

Silencioso wrote:That's true. Whites that are percieved as poor whites or "white trash" are treated differently by cops than mainstream whites.
You couldn't be more right. Right on the dot. Poor whites are treated like shit I would know, most cops think I'm a white trash untill they read my last name then its a cholo white trash, but I do nottice a difference when they find out i'm not 100% white the white cops treat me like shit because I'm "not one of them." Fuck them.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » February 18th, 2008, 4:48 pm

perongregory wrote:
justice league wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
justice league wrote:

you are hereby guilty of racism, sexism and AGEISM

even though you have no idea how old I am. (which is a lot younger than you think)

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » February 18th, 2008, 6:07 pm

justice league wrote:
even though you have no idea how old I am. (which is a lot younger than you think)

67?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » February 20th, 2008, 2:38 pm

justice league wrote:
perongregory wrote:
justice league wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
justice league wrote:

well why would they wanna mess with an old ass granny?

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » February 20th, 2008, 5:19 pm

i find it funny how some of my points....which are true...dont get cross examined...

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » February 20th, 2008, 9:23 pm

perongregory wrote:
justice league wrote:
perongregory wrote:
justice league wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
justice league wrote:

I dunno... and since you brought it up.. why DO you mess with me so much?

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » February 20th, 2008, 9:25 pm

perongregory wrote:
justice league wrote:
perongregory wrote:
justice league wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
justice league wrote:

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » February 21st, 2008, 9:26 am

Young Deuce wrote:i find it funny how some of my points....which are true...dont get cross examined...
Because most people on here seem to like to argue with each other more then they spend actually discussing the topic at hand.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » February 23rd, 2008, 3:29 pm

justice league wrote:
perongregory wrote:
justice league wrote:
perongregory wrote:
justice league wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
justice league wrote: :shock:

because you my homegirl dummy.

Youngdeuce, people aint abaout shit on here no more this shit borin as hell, all the real niccaz been kicked off or migrated.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » February 23rd, 2008, 5:25 pm

Young Deuce wrote:i find it funny how some of my points....which are true...dont get cross examined...
everybody busy arguein my nigga, shiit u can say i found the cure fo AIDS, n everybody gon blow pass it jst to try to prove someone wrong, its like people are on some competetive tip , and have a desperate need to express tehm selves proly coz they don in real life

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » February 24th, 2008, 3:18 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
Because most people on here seem to like to argue with each other more then they spend actually discussing the topic at hand.
There it is.

thekinks1886
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re:

Unread post by thekinks1886 » June 14th, 2008, 1:59 am

BxxMILITIA wrote:Alright, but were trying to EXPLAIN the struggle, since white people are always so curious and wonder what makes a black mans life different than a white mans....what odds does a white man have against him???I understand the white experience, how could I not, when their on top of the world...lets be serious....

yeah, which white man is this, the one on welfare in Virginia, or the one stabbed by a black man on a bus in london for asking him to stop throwing chips at his girlfriend

Some people with their victim mentality deserve to be in the mire, people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions and treat people as fucking individuals

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Re: Re:

Unread post by razbojnik » June 24th, 2008, 5:41 pm

thekinks1886 wrote:
BxxMILITIA wrote:Alright, but were trying to EXPLAIN the struggle, since white people are always so curious and wonder what makes a black mans life different than a white mans....what odds does a white man have against him???I understand the white experience, how could I not, when their on top of the world...lets be serious....

yeah, which white man is this, the one on welfare in Virginia, or the one stabbed by a black man on a bus in london for asking him to stop throwing chips at his girlfriend

Some people with their victim mentality deserve to be in the mire, people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions and treat people as #%@�%@ individuals
Thank you.

But just to make something clear:

I am a victim who's been through more than anyone here, and yes I'm white and I'm European. I don't use it as an excuse when I'm losing a conversation. I only use me being a victim when another person mentions they are the victim, or their people are the victim. Black slavery - 362 years. Macedonian slavery - 500+ years. Who has more rights today in the USA and Canada??? Yes, treat people as individuals. Just cause I'm don't look, speak or act normal like the rest doesn't mean I'm a fucking animal or an IT. Keep in mind that I'm a 15 year old boy smarter than 98 percent of the 20,000 members of this forum.

And yes, it has gotten pretty damn boring. I don't even know why I come back because I know someone will respond to a thread like a week later when before it was 5-10 minutes at most.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Re:

Unread post by A Ghost » June 24th, 2008, 6:34 pm

thekinks1886 wrote:

Some people with their victim mentality deserve to be in the mire, people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions and treat people as #%@&#%@ individuals
what happens to people like the guy who got stabbed is bad. No one doubts that. However those incidents are not typical incidents.

Look up "institutionalized racism" and you will learn why a lot of poor blacks harbor negative feelings towards whites.

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Study: Whites Just Don’t Understand the Black Experience

Unread post by jmaups2005 » June 24th, 2008, 9:22 pm

white people dont need to get that black experience anyway we get enough shit shoved down our throat about mutlicultural crap and slavery shit black peeps problems are their own problems not white people just take bill cosby for instance hes got the right idea and we as american people are spoiled as fuck to begin with.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 25th, 2008, 2:08 am

Are you spoiled? Because I could use a hundred dollars. I mean, you said you're spoiled. so what do you say? I'll send you a link to my paypal account.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » June 25th, 2008, 3:48 am

StillNoScript wrote:Are you spoiled? Because I could use a hundred dollars. I mean, you said you're spoiled. so what do you say? I'll send you a link to my paypal account.
You have a computer, right? You have internet? Otherwise how are you talking to me right now? Internet cafe? That requires money, too. How about the Roma on Radanski Pat? You see those little kids walking around, no one gives a shit, they are sniffing drugs all day, Broza, my friend chasing them and shit, they are barely naked, they got no homes, no family, I asked my friend the other day how the fuck they get money for food and they said they go beg. It's a fucking shame those kids are going to die young. You could use a 100 bucks? But how much do you get per month? A couple hundred? You know how much the average 4 person family gets each month here? 100 euros, or 150-200 bucks a month, working 16 hours a day 7 days a week sewing clothes in a factory for Bargala or Astibo. Do they complain? Yes, they do. Do they acknowledge and admit their complaining isn't really worth it since there are way poorer people such as the Roma living in the city??? Yes.

As I said many times before, the American ghetto, government housing, has canalization, electricity, water, and who knows what else you get for free, also every person is entitled to recieving a social welfare check with a couple hundred bucks a month, you got the food bank as well and you get paid child support if you have a child.

In the Macedonian, Eastern European, African, South American or Asian ghetto, you live in shacks made from scrap metal. You shit anywhere you can in the wilderness wiping your ass with a leaf. You drink water out of a river or a lake or some even walk a 100 miles just to get food and pump some out of the ground like in Africa. If there is money you don't have any, you have a bunch of ripped up clothes you found in the garbage as your everyday clothes. You don't get paid for anything by the government since the country is having enough trouble mentaining it's own fucking people, the normal ones, and trying to lower the high poverty rates. I walked by a Roma family's house yesterday, they were lucky to have one, there was holes in the house, it was like living in an abandoned one, it was burned from the outside and shit, I don't even know if the government considers it a house or taxes them, maybe it wasn't their house but some abandoned one and they just take refuge in it.

You think American ghettos are bad? The standard of the American ghetto is equivelent to the standard of the normal Macedonian life, and the people at the ghetto make a couple hundred bucks more each month.

So, until you live outside of the USA or Canada and into some 3rd world country such as my own, you don't know how good you have it.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 25th, 2008, 7:22 am

razbojnik wrote:
StillNoScript wrote:Are you spoiled? Because I could use a hundred dollars. I mean, you said you're spoiled. so what do you say? I'll send you a link to my paypal account.
You have a computer, right? You have internet? Otherwise how are you talking to me right now? Internet cafe? That requires money, too. How about the Roma on Radanski Pat? You see those little kids walking around, no one gives a shit, they are sniffing drugs all day, Broza, my friend chasing them and shit, they are barely naked, they got no homes, no family, I asked my friend the other day how the fu-- they get money for food and they said they go beg. It's a #%@&#%@ shame those kids are going to die young. You could use a 100 bucks? But how much do you get per month? A couple hundred? You know how much the average 4 person family gets each month here? 100 euros, or 150-200 bucks a month, working 16 hours a day 7 days a week sewing clothes in a factory for Bargala or Astibo. Do they complain? Yes, they do. Do they acknowledge and admit their complaining isn't really worth it since there are way poorer people such as the Roma living in the city??? Yes.

As I said many times before, the American ghetto, government housing, has canalization, electricity, water, and who knows what else you get for free, also every person is entitled to recieving a social welfare check with a couple hundred bucks a month, you got the food bank as well and you get paid child support if you have a child.

In the Macedonian, Eastern European, African, South American or Asian ghetto, you live in shacks made from scrap metal. You shit anywhere you can in the wilderness wiping your ass with a leaf. You drink water out of a river or a lake or some even walk a 100 miles just to get food and pump some out of the ground like in Africa. If there is money you don't have any, you have a bunch of ripped up clothes you found in the garbage as your everyday clothes. You don't get paid for anything by the government since the country is having enough trouble mentaining it's own #%@&#%@ people, the normal ones, and trying to lower the high poverty rates. I walked by a Roma family's house yesterday, they were lucky to have one, there was holes in the house, it was like living in an abandoned one, it was burned from the outside and shit, I don't even know if the government considers it a house or taxes them, maybe it wasn't their house but some abandoned one and they just take refuge in it.

You think American ghettos are bad? The standard of the American ghetto is equivelent to the standard of the normal Macedonian life, and the people at the ghetto make a couple hundred bucks more each month.

So, until you live outside of the USA or Canada and into some 3rd world country such as my own, you don't know how good you have it.
There are lots of computers that have free internet at the library, and a library card is free. Just because someone lives in the hood doesnt mean they don't have internet access. Some choose to go on the computer and others don't.

And as far as poverty is concerned. American DOES have 3rd world poverty conditions, and this is fact. They teach that fact in college universities so it's not just me making things up. There are American federal organizations that give food to the poor in Africa that are now moving back to the US to give aid to American born citizens because our government does not care about our poor.

Our welfare system is the worst welfare system out of all the industrialized countries. So when people literally say "I sold drugs to feed my daughter" it's literally true.

Not only that but there are places in inner city America where homes do not even have running water,. a fridge or a washer and dryer.

Not to mention the increasing homeless population.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » June 25th, 2008, 11:59 am

Im white european grew up poor,didnt eat for three days every week, my mother didnt sell drugs to feed us we just went without.Any American ghetto ive seen on the news hasnt looked any worse than any of the rough neighbourhoods near me,for one the housing looked a lot better.Do you understand my experience?No jobs,poverty,discrimination because of religion not colour,thats life some people just bitch about it more.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 25th, 2008, 12:41 pm

dinky wrote:Im white european grew up poor,didnt eat for three days every week, my mother didnt sell drugs to feed us we just went without.Any American ghetto ive seen on the news hasnt looked any worse than any of the rough neighbourhoods near me,for one the housing looked a lot better.Do you understand my experience?No jobs,poverty,discrimination because of religion not colour,thats life some people just bitch about it more.
And I can tell you've never been to any American slum. Don't go just by what you see on TV. Ask anyone whos traveled abroad to America and has literally lived in the worst American hood and they will tell you how things are. Hell you can even look it up on international statistics as far as "rates of standard of living" comparing country to country and the poor in every first world country has it better in general than the poor in other countries.

Not to take away what you went through but people go through really bad conditions in America, you can't make a statement like that unless you actually spend time in the roughest of American hoods.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 25th, 2008, 12:43 pm

A Ghost wrote:
dinky wrote:Im white european grew up poor,didnt eat for three days every week, my mother didnt sell drugs to feed us we just went without.Any American ghetto ive seen on the news hasnt looked any worse than any of the rough neighbourhoods near me,for one the housing looked a lot better.Do you understand my experience?No jobs,poverty,discrimination because of religion not colour,thats life some people just bitch about it more.
And I can tell you've never been to any American slum. Don't go just by what you see on TV. Ask anyone whos traveled abroad to America and has literally lived in the worst American hood and they will tell you how things are. Hell you can even look it up on international statistics as far as "rates of standard of living" comparing country to country and the poor in every first world country has it better in general than the poor in other countries.

Not to take away what you went through but people go through really bad conditions in America, you can't make a statement like that unless you actually spend time in the roughest of American hoods.
EDIT

I meant to say "look it up on international statistics as far as "rates of standard of living" comparing country to country and the poor in every first world country has it better in general than the poor in America."