afro-american is all people from africa??

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Post Reply
User avatar
ALGERIAN souljah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 43
Joined: June 18th, 2004, 11:41 am
Location: Lyon, ( france)

afro-american is all people from africa??

Unread post by ALGERIAN souljah » June 24th, 2004, 12:18 pm

People from North africa ( Algeria, Morocco,Tunisia)

Are they Afro americans?

Or afro american is just for black people??

PS: they are people from moroco algeria and tunisia they are black.. real arabs black , but the majority look like mexicans like me LOL

downer
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: June 18th, 2004, 1:46 am

Re: afro-american is all people from africa??

Unread post by downer » June 25th, 2004, 10:12 pm

ALGERIAN souljah wrote:People from North africa ( Algeria, Morocco,Tunisia)

Are they Afro americans?

Or afro american is just for black people??

PS: they are people from moroco algeria and tunisia they are black.. real arabs black , but the majority look like mexicans like me LOL
why would African American be solely for "black" people? it is for people who came from / descended from Africa. hence, 'African' American.

nostalgic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: July 8th, 2004, 6:41 pm

Re: afro-american is all people from africa??

Unread post by nostalgic » August 3rd, 2004, 2:27 pm

I have a problem with that term. People use it all the time but what is exactly is an african-american anyway?No one can really define it. Its just another way for the government to single people out, separate them, allocate funds, resources, etc. I am Black. I was born in America and so was my mother. I feel that makes me American.

I think that if you identify with that term, you should claim it but if you feel it doesn't apply to you, you shouldn't feel obligated to own it as a part of your identity.

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: afro-american is all people from africa??

Unread post by Kemosave » August 3rd, 2004, 2:40 pm

Interesting link: http://www.sodabob.com/Constitution/Census.asp

What do you think about it?

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: afro-american is all people from africa??

Unread post by Common Sense » August 3rd, 2004, 5:00 pm

downer wrote:
ALGERIAN souljah wrote:People from North africa ( Algeria, Morocco,Tunisia)

Are they Afro americans?

Or afro american is just for black people??

PS: they are people from moroco algeria and tunisia they are black.. real arabs black , but the majority look like mexicans like me LOL
why would African American be solely for "black" people? it is for people who came from / descended from Africa. hence, 'African' American.
So what's the difference between a African American and a First Generation African National born in the U.S. ?

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 434
Joined: February 18th, 2004, 10:19 am

Re: afro-american is all people from africa??

Unread post by Conman » August 3rd, 2004, 6:24 pm

Thats why I identify myself as a Black man. There is nothing African aobut me other then my ancestors. But then again, my ancestors were Native American as well.

Africa is a continent, not a country :!:

There are several different types of African people (Arabs, Egyptians, Congons, Nigerians, etc.). People need to get it right.

100
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 929
Joined: August 3rd, 2004, 11:38 pm

Re: afro-american is all people from africa??

Unread post by 100 » August 4th, 2004, 1:49 am

THEY ARE ALL AFRICAN REGARDLESS EUROPEANS SPLIT THEM ALL UP BASED ON FACIAL STRUCTURE WHIC IS NOT ACCURATE I HAVE A BOOK FROM EAST AFRICA TO WEST NORTH TO SOUTH AND NOT ALL OF THEM LOOK THE SAME TRUE THERE AARE SOME INVADING ARABS(REAL)

BUT AFRICANS DON'T ALL LOOK THE SAME EXCLUDING ARABS/MIDDLEASTERNS SOME ARE LIGHTER THAN OTHERS TALLER AND SKINNIER LEARN AND STOP READING WHAT PEOPLE WANT YOU TO KNOW AND WHITES LABELD ETHIOPIANS CAUCASIAN CAUSE OF THEIR HAIR(SOME) BUT THEY ARE BLACK MIXED WITH SOME ARAB ETHIOPIAN ARE THE TRUE HOLDER OF CHRISTIANITY EUROPEANS THINK THEY ARE ETHIOPIANS ARE MOSTLY HEBREW ANOTHER REASON WHY PEOPLE LABLE THEM CAUCASIOD.


THE BOOK I READ IF YOU WERE TO READ IT WILL SHOCK YOU.
MOSTLY THE MUSLIMS IN AFRICA(EXCLUDE ARABS AND WHITES) IDENTIFY AS ARAB AND NOT AFRICAN WHY I DON'T KNOW.


ARE ALL ASIANS THE SAME? THEY ALL GET TROWN INTO A ASIAN CATEGORIE IS THAT RIGHT?

100
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 929
Joined: August 3rd, 2004, 11:38 pm

Re: afro-american is all people from africa??

Unread post by 100 » August 4th, 2004, 1:55 am

ASIA IS A CONTINET NOT A COUNTRY EITHER

BUT AS FAR AS AFRICANS I WOULD NOT INCLUDE ARABS(REAL ONES) WHITES OR EUROS MIDDLEASTERNS PERIOD.

NYpueblobishop

Unread post by NYpueblobishop » October 17th, 2007, 2:43 pm

african peoples are all people descended of NATIVE african people ........

NOT people of a different race that migrated to africa from arabia or asia or europe and been living there for thousands of years ......

So NOOOOOO , not everybody can claim to be black african or african american or afro - brazillian or whatever ........only people that has a 75 % DNA line of desecent to africa.....

so those algerian , morroco , north african arabs that migrated to africa .....its best to start your studies from your history in arabia before migrating to africa ,

Str8UpMenace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 118
Joined: March 2nd, 2005, 6:02 pm

Unread post by Str8UpMenace » October 17th, 2007, 4:57 pm

NYpueblobishop wrote:african peoples are all people descended of NATIVE african people ........

NOT people of a different race that migrated to africa from arabia or asia or europe and been living there for thousands of years ......

So NOOOOOO , not everybody can claim to be black african or african american or afro - brazillian or whatever ........only people that has a 75 % DNA line of desecent to africa.....

so those algerian , morroco , north african arabs that migrated to africa .....its best to start your studies from your history in arabia before migrating to africa ,


Arabs or Semites are also known to have migrated from Africa to the empty desert land of Arabia, even if this never happened half of these people have always been in africa since arabia is right beside africa and they are apart of the afro-asiatic family genetically and through their language so doesn't that make african in way. Also not all arabs have same DNA or look alike but some of them do have more than 75% DNA line of desecent of who u call African.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » October 17th, 2007, 7:17 pm

here is from a on the street in africa view of wat yall are sayin:

arab , white, indian people who have had the last 3 or even 6 generations born in africa are still arab white and indians, not africans, we call'em all these racial slurs and only the rich people kick it with them and even wen they are not around the rich people call'e,m by they race like :that indian, n some are accepted if they are realoy really ghetto that it hurts, or grew up with africans...but black people who are negro are the only ones considered AFRICAN

NYpueblobishop

Unread post by NYpueblobishop » October 17th, 2007, 11:28 pm

Mcminister wrote:here is from a on the street in africa view of wat yall are sayin:

arab , white, indian people who have had the last 3 or even 6 generations born in africa are still arab white and indians, not africans, we call'em all these racial slurs and only the rich people kick it with them and even wen they are not around the rich people call'e,m by they race like :that indian, n some are accepted if they are realoy really ghetto that it hurts, or grew up with africans...but black people who are negro are the only ones considered AFRICAN
yep thats way too obvious , being black or african native desecnt is not a choice , no race is a choice your born into that race , living in a country or close to one dont give you a racial claim privlige by choice ,

there other races living in africa for yeasr even thousands , but there still genetically of there original people and country ......then yoy also have mixed race of the two , but thats bi - racial calssification .........anybody can share a language , learn it or speak it ....afro asiatic ..meaning the continents are connected or were ......

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 17th, 2007, 11:45 pm

Mcminister wrote:here is from a on the street in africa view of wat yall are sayin:

arab , white, indian people who have had the last 3 or even 6 generations born in africa are still arab white and indians, not africans, we call'em all these racial slurs and only the rich people kick it with them and even wen they are not around the rich people call'e,m by they race like :that indian, n some are accepted if they are realoy really ghetto that it hurts, or grew up with africans...but black people who are negro are the only ones considered AFRICAN
what about "coloureds"?

NYpueblobishop

Unread post by NYpueblobishop » October 18th, 2007, 6:36 am

coloureds is bi-racial half black or light brown black people , thats the term they use .......

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » October 18th, 2007, 12:28 pm

yae he rite ^^

they'll say ..that half dude

n if u mean them indians that have black color..they still indian..they jsthave dark ass colors...people actually like makin fun of them types.

NYpueblobishop

Unread post by NYpueblobishop » October 18th, 2007, 1:04 pm

i think they call mixed people half-cast "

Post Reply