why don't white people believe in spanking there kids

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

why don't white people believe in spanking there kids

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 20th, 2007, 7:17 am

I know there's a few white people on this forum and I just wanted to know why white people never spank/beat there kids no matter what they do I've seen little white kids acting crazy in stores and there parents just sit there talking calmly to the child and most times the child just ignores them I don't understand why white people don't spank there kids

Champignon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Champignon » August 20th, 2007, 7:25 am

back in the day white parents excelled in terms of punishing there kids. For example a teacher could smack you in the head with a ruler and your parents could punch you in the face with little action from the government.

Well now that generation of kids (generation x mostly) are grown up and i know for a fact they didnt like the shit they went through so they let there kids slide with things when there morons.

now its considered unethical and times are changing.

but back in the day spanking was the least of your worries if you did dumb shit around your parents

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 20th, 2007, 10:21 am

Well I dont know about other parents but I feel there are better ways of disciplining a child than physical violence. It only teaches a child to be violent and solve their problems with violence. I spanked my son a total of 3xs in his life and only for things that were dangerous to himself. Like crossing the street for instance. He never did that again. And no, he was never a discipline problem.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 21st, 2007, 4:02 am

I was raised by old school jamaican parents and I was a hard headed kid so I got many beatings lol and I turned out just fine white people need to spank/beat there kids cuzz the way white kids talk to there parents makes me sick

Champignon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Champignon » August 21st, 2007, 8:20 am

KINGFEAR62 wrote:I was raised by old school jamaican parents and I was a hard headed kid so I got many beatings lol and I turned out just fine white people need to spank/beat there kids cuzz the way white kids talk to there parents makes me sick
i got a few knuckles in the head growing up and so did my brother. But my youngest brother doesnt get disciplined at all and it shows in his character and personality he just doesnt give a fuck about authority

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 21st, 2007, 8:36 am

Champignon wrote:
KINGFEAR62 wrote:I was raised by old school jamaican parents and I was a hard headed kid so I got many beatings lol and I turned out just fine white people need to spank/beat there kids cuzz the way white kids talk to there parents makes me sick
i got a few knuckles in the head growing up and so did my brother. But my youngest brother doesnt get disciplined at all and it shows in his character and personality he just doesnt give a fu-- about authority

Yea that's my point u can tell when a kid doesn't get beating/spankings by the way they act out in public its a shame cuzz lots of parents are scared to beat/spank there child and put them in there place

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 21st, 2007, 10:21 am

KINGFEAR62 wrote:
Champignon wrote:
i got a few knuckles in the head growing up and so did my brother. But my youngest brother doesnt get disciplined at all and it shows in his character and personality he just doesnt give a fu-- about authority

Yea that's my point u can tell when a kid doesn't get beating/spankings by the way they act out in public its a shame cuzz lots of parents are scared to beat/spank there child and put them in there place
Parenting isn't measured by how much you beat your kid. If you think that a kid acting up has to do with how little they were beaten then you were obviously beat TOO much to be able to comprehend such simple things. I don't beat my child. I don't need to beat my child. She knows where the lines are drawn, she knows by how I speak to her, by how I look at her that if she steps out of line there are consequences. I've spanked her in the past, and like Christina said it has to do with the dangers she puts herself in. Children do that, and can be corrected. It doesn't require a beating. Correcting bad behavior doesn't require violence, it requires sternness and correction. I rarely even raise my voice to her, because again I don't have to. A parent that has to yell, and beat their child is weak minded in their own right.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 21st, 2007, 11:09 am

Christina Marie wrote:Well I dont know about other parents but I feel there are better ways of disciplining a child than physical violence. It only teaches a child to be violent and solve their problems with violence. I spanked my son a total of 3xs in his life and only for things that were dangerous to himself. Like crossing the street for instance. He never did that again. And no, he was never a discipline problem.
Did your son every get into trouble with the law?

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » August 21st, 2007, 12:12 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:
Champignon wrote:

Not buying it. Yea with some its easy to pick out or make that assumption, but theres plenty of people in the world that have been disciplined in different ways than being beat/spanked and they are just as well behaved in public. Its all about how you parent. I for one will not rule out spanking my son, but in the same instance its not something I rely on and I havent had to use that type of force with him. Some kids just know how to act.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » August 21st, 2007, 12:13 pm

Adding...you have some kids that were beat all their damn life and still go out into society and act a damn fool.

tam10
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: the city

Unread post by tam10 » August 21st, 2007, 2:44 pm

Kids that were beaten badly by their parents ...usually end up the being ruthless on the streets.

Moderation is key...

Brown Street
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Brown Street » August 21st, 2007, 8:51 pm

Hhhhhmmmmmm-why "white people" dont spank their kids . . . thats about the same as saying "why black people like chitlins ..." I am sure ALL black people do not like chitlins; to say such is nothing more than an ignorant stereotype. I would say that saying "white people dont spank their kids" is also an ignorant stereotype. Because not ALL white people do not spank their kids. I noticed in the beginning someone mentioned "beating kids" also. Anyone that beats kids is just plain ignorant to begin with, and need to be beat themselves. Repeatedly. With a baseball bat.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » August 21st, 2007, 11:08 pm

some disobedient kids need a good beating. kids who are disrespectful and plain annoying need a good spanking or slapping, or else thats how they're going to grow up. your kids also reflect on you.

i was "spanked once", but i had good people who disciplined me and made me who i am today. i knew where the line was and what i could or could not do.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 21st, 2007, 11:31 pm

I have heard kids of other races than white talking back to their parents, its not just a white thing. Come on now :roll:

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 21st, 2007, 11:32 pm

Brown Street wrote:Hhhhhmmmmmm-why "white people" dont spank their kids . . . thats about the same as saying "why black people like chitlins ..." I am sure ALL black people do not like chitlins; to say such is nothing more than an ignorant stereotype. I would say that saying "white people dont spank their kids" is also an ignorant stereotype. Because not ALL white people do not spank their kids. I noticed in the beginning someone mentioned "beating kids" also. Anyone that beats kids is just plain ignorant to begin with, and need to be beat themselves. Repeatedly. With a baseball bat.
Thank you

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » August 22nd, 2007, 3:41 am

Christina Marie wrote:Well I dont know about other parents but I feel there are better ways of disciplining a child than physical violence. It only teaches a child to be violent and solve their problems with violence. I spanked my son a total of 3xs in his life and only for things that were dangerous to himself. Like crossing the street for instance. He never did that again. And no, he was never a discipline problem.
So the spanking worked. In some instances like the example you used you spanked because of the severity of the offense. All kids dont need to be spanked others do. I dont believe it teaches violence either, I think its teaches that there is a steady increase in the severity of punishment for bad behavior.

Children need to understand this, because your child or my child can be taken away for life for a momentary laspe in judgement. But there is a much greater chance that mines will. Thats why I believe more Black and Latino families punish with spanking. Our children have a laspe in judgement, they could be in jail for a very long time. Your children have a laspe in judgement it usually isnt to the same extent. My son understands what would make me "whoop" him and why. I have explained to him many times that if the people take him for doing something wrong, something that isnt uncommon in his community it is nothing I, his mother or anyone else can do. They will put him prison for life. It's unfair for a parent not to make his children understand this and understand as a child as behavior problems excalate so does the punishment that goes along with it. And it's not just at home but in society as well, and their punishment is much worse.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 22nd, 2007, 4:06 am

9 times out of 10 its mostly those lil white kids that act wild in public rolling around on the floor screaming cuzz there mom or dad won't buy them a toy and only a fool thinks something is wrong with spanking there child and black/latinos have way more respect for there parents than white kids I remember back when I was a teenager seeing white kids cursing at there parents in public like it was no big deal

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » August 22nd, 2007, 4:32 am

Spanking does not make the child violent. My parents Never needed to lay a hand on me while i was younger becuase i was not troublesome child. and when a child reaches his/her teens he/she is too old to be spanked!

I think spanking should be a last resort, if the child does not listen to his parents and is talkin back to them in a disgraceful manner....he needs an ass whooping!!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » August 22nd, 2007, 4:34 am

LcBwC wrote:Adding...you have some kids that were beat all their damn life and still go out into society and act a damn fool.
I would go as far as saying that those that have been beaten the worst, also act the worst, thats at least from my experience.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 22nd, 2007, 7:47 am

I'm not talking about abuse I'm talking about laying the law down on ur child. to this day me and my friends laff and joke about the spankings and beatings we got back in the day. lol I remember back when I was in the 6th grade I fukked around the whole 1st marking peried and failed 3 classes when my mom went to pick up my report card at parent teacher night and saw that I failed 3 classes she gave me a look and I knew I was gonna get it when we got home she gave me the beating of a life time with one of her belts and u better believe the rest of the school year I passed all my classes its cuzz of beatings like that why I finished school and now have a good job

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 22nd, 2007, 9:41 am

KINGFEAR62 wrote:9 times out of 10 its mostly those lil white kids that act wild in public rolling around on the floor screaming cuzz there mom or dad won't buy them a toy and only a fool thinks something is wrong with spanking there child and black/latinos have way more respect for there parents than white kids I remember back when I was a teenager seeing white kids cursing at there parents in public like it was no big deal
100% of your posts are stupid. See, I too can use statistics that I just make up myself to make my statements seem relevant. Your simple mindedness shows the depths of your ignorance.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » August 22nd, 2007, 10:01 am

i do see more white kids act out in front of they parents but on the flipside i see more black kids act out more than when they not around they parents.......but any kid that acts out and go on those temper tantrums need a ass beatin especially if they do it regularly.....

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » August 22nd, 2007, 10:04 am

the only other option that even probably better than whoopins are taking things away the last time i got in alotta trouble was the 8th grade my mama took my xbox from me for 3 weeks and i couldn't go outside and shit for a month....neva got in trouble again with her.......

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 22nd, 2007, 11:46 am

EmperorPenguin wrote:
KINGFEAR62 wrote:9 times out of 10 its mostly those lil white kids that act wild in public rolling around on the floor screaming cuzz there mom or dad won't buy them a toy and only a fool thinks something is wrong with spanking there child and black/latinos have way more respect for there parents than white kids I remember back when I was a teenager seeing white kids cursing at there parents in public like it was no big deal
100% of your posts are stupid. See, I too can use statistics that I just make up myself to make my statements seem relevant. Your simple mindedness shows the depths of your ignorance.
Ur a jack ass u call me ignorant cuzz u know I'm right about white kids having no respect for there parents ur own child must roll around and yell when u say ur not gonna buy them something

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 22nd, 2007, 12:01 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:
Ur a jack ass u call me ignorant cuzz u know I'm right about white kids having no respect for there parents ur own child must roll around and yell when u say ur not gonna buy them something
You know very little about my child, and very little about the outside world which again just further shows your ignorance. By all means keep posting and proving me right. You're ignorance is obvious with posts like "white kids act wild because they weren't spanked" and "9 times out of 10 it's mostly those lil white kids" (a statement in and of itself shows your lack of education, 9 out of 10 times mostly?? wtf is that). I'm assuming your mother didn't love you enough, or perhaps your father loved you too much. You yourself are a great example of parenting gone horribly wrong, kind of ironic don't you think?

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » August 22nd, 2007, 12:42 pm

You're taking this personal penguin.

It's just a simple observation that's based on dude's experience. White kids DO talk to their parents any old way they want to AT A HIGHER RATE then black kids. But, like Young Deuce said, there is the flip side to that, which is I see a gang of black kids all the time in the streets at 1 in the morning (kids are like 10 years old) standing in traffic, fucking with taxi drivers etc. That's bad parenting too. The issue is not bad parenting in general but frustration that you see some kids whiling out IN FRONT of their parents, getting scolded, and being like "FUCK YOU BITCH!" (in baby voice). LOL

It's something that people of color notice all the time, people been talking about this subject since in my middle school days, is this the first time you've heard about this?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 22nd, 2007, 12:47 pm

(Uncle Ruckus voice)

Whites dont spank they kids because they too busy woolin the woyld, and buildin spaceships!

Champignon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Champignon » August 22nd, 2007, 12:58 pm

A good alternative or solution when dealing with kids is get them working for themselves at a young age. For example a summer job after the kid turns 10 would help them learn the value in things and see for themselves what other people go through to get what they need in life. And hopefully if they learn something like a skill they will lear of respect to others as they grow.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 22nd, 2007, 2:56 pm

Cold Bear wrote:You're taking this personal penguin.

It's just a simple observation that's based on dude's experience. White kids DO talk to their parents any old way they want to AT A HIGHER RATE then black kids. But, like Young Deuce said, there is the flip side to that, which is I see a gang of black kids all the time in the streets at 1 in the morning (kids are like 10 years old) standing in traffic, #%@&#%@ with taxi drivers etc. That's bad parenting too. The issue is not bad parenting in general but frustration that you see some kids whiling out IN FRONT of their parents, getting scolded, and being like "fu-- YOU BITCH!" (in baby voice). LOL

It's something that people of color notice all the time, people been talking about this subject since in my middle school days, is this the first time you've heard about this?
"ur own child must roll around and yell when u say ur not gonna buy them something"

That made it personal, not me. And your broad generalization of "White kids DO talk to their parents any old way they want to AT A HIGHER RATE then black kids." seems silly coming from someone like you, who I know is on a higher educated level then KINGFEAR. You can say that, and you can believe it but that's as much a stereotype as some stupid white person saying "Black people steal more then white people" because he feels he's seen more black people caught stealing. If you want to say that you've seen it because that's what you're exposed to that's fine, but to try to put it off as fact, and back it up with made up stats of "9 out of 10" then you're only kidding yourself. Bad kids are bad kids, bad parents are bad parents, it has nothing to do with their skin colour.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 22nd, 2007, 3:50 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:

It's just a simple observation that's based on dude's experience. White kids DO talk to their parents any old way they want to AT A HIGHER RATE then black kids. But, like Young Deuce said, there is the flip side to that, which is I see a gang of black kids all the time in the streets at 1 in the morning (kids are like 10 years old) standing in traffic, #%@&#%@ with taxi drivers etc. That's bad parenting too. The issue is not bad parenting in general but frustration that you see some kids whiling out IN FRONT of their parents, getting scolded, and being like "fu-- YOU BITCH!" (in baby voice). LOL

"ur own child must roll around and yell when u say ur not gonna buy them something"

That made it personal, not me. And your broad generalization of "White kids DO talk to their parents any old way they want to AT A HIGHER RATE then black kids." seems silly coming from someone like you, who I know is on a higher educated level then KINGFEAR. You can say that, and you can believe it but that's as much a stereotype as some stupid white person saying "Black people steal more then white people" because he feels he's seen more black people caught stealing. If you want to say that you've seen it because that's what you're exposed to that's fine, but to try to put it off as fact, and back it up with made up stats of "9 out of 10" then you're only kidding yourself. Bad kids are bad kids, bad parents are bad parents, it has nothing to do with their skin colour.

Ok penguin stop trying to diss me cuzz we don't agree lol I bet ur way older than me and look how ur acting stop trying to insult me grow up

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » August 22nd, 2007, 4:39 pm

beating.....umm naw, but back in the day my mom used to yell a lot, take away entertainment, slap me once or twice, etc.

not any knock his ass out and choke him with a telephone cord.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 22nd, 2007, 4:41 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:

Ok penguin stop trying to diss me cuzz we don't agree lol I bet ur way older than me and look how ur acting stop trying to insult me grow up
Look how I'm acting? I'm merely pointing out the flaws in your logic. You want to start a topic on child rearing and then you're upset when someone who has experience in the matter wants to call you on your comments? It's not just a matter of disagreeing, it comes down to you spouting about a race of people based solely on that, their race. If you want to have a discussion of how kids today act out a lot more then kids of 1,2, even 3 generations ago acted then I can agree. If you want to take it down to a simplistic "white kids aren't raised right" type meandering then I have no choice but to point out your stupidity on the matter.