Dog N-Bombs Himself into Hiatus

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » November 1st, 2007, 6:44 am

by Natalie Finn

A federal manhunt couldn't do it. Turns out the only thing that could keep Duane Chapman down is the Dog himself.

A&E has suspended production on its hit reality series Dog the Bounty Hunter in light of some—to put it mildly—racially insensitive remarks its star looks to have made during a phone conversation with his son Tucker, a recording of which was duly posted online by the National Enquirer.

"We take this matter very seriously," A&E, which lent its full support to Chapman while kidnapping charges were pending against him in Mexico, said in a statement Wednesday. "Pending an investigation, we have suspended production on the series. When the inquiry is concluded we will take appropriate action."

Here are some snippets from the understandably controversial chat, in which Chapman—a Hawaii-based bail bondsman by trade—discusses with his son the repercussions of having a black person around while he and his team use the N-word (Tucker's girlfriend, Monique Shinnery, is black.):

"I'm not taking a chance...not because she's black but because we use the word n----- sometimes here. I'm not going to take any chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for 30 years because some drunken n----- heard us say n----- and turned us into the Enquirer magazine…I'm not taking that chance at all never in life. Never…"

Et cetera.

Chapman has already tried to make things right, releasing a statement on Wednesday in which he says that it was the character of his son's girlfriend that he objected to, not the color of her skin.

"I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people who have suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred," Chapman said. "I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused :roll: .

"My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language," he continued. "I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation :roll: .

"I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term."

Chapman also said that he's been in touch with his spiritual advisor, Rev. Tim Storey, who is black :roll: , and that he'd like to meet with other black leaders :roll: .

"I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing," he added. "I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me." :roll:

The expletive and slur-laced conversation has already provoked outrage from civil rights activists, including the Congress for Racial Equality Chairman Roy Innis, who told the Enquirer that Chapman "should not have a show."

"He needs to answer for his behavior," Innis said. "When someone gets the opportunity to use the airwaves, he becomes a role model, whether he likes it or not. Dog Chapman should not be in that position, posing as a good guy."

Chapman's reality series, in which he and sons Leland and Duane Lee, as well as his wife Beth and unrelated pal Tim Chapman go after on-the-run criminals, is A&E's top-rated series. Dog the Bounty Hunter premiered in 2004, buoyed largely in part by the footage Chapman's team shot while hunting convicted rapist Andrew Luster down in Mexico.

They caught up with Luster in June 2003, after which the felon was sentenced to more than 100 years in jail, but Chapman was later charged with deprivation of liberty in Guadalajara.

All of the charges were dismissed in July after a Mexican court determined that the case's statute of limitations had expired. However, U.S. authorities left a $300,000 bond in effect, with a federal prosecutor asking for more time to evaluate the case.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 1st, 2007, 10:00 am

fuck dog

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » November 1st, 2007, 10:20 am

wow. I didnt expect the Dog to do this, but you have to remember he is a street dude from his past. I would like to know more about this girl, Monique Shinnery, to see if the Dog was on point about this female, or if he was just loosely using the N word by habit.
Last edited by alexalonso on November 1st, 2007, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 1st, 2007, 12:02 pm

ain no excuses fo usin the Nword...even if his step mother was black it don matter...he look like a racist dude anywayz.

wassup with all these whiet folks usin the N word live on TV these days....i think brothas shud start upper cuttin these superstars out..coz they speakin out the ass too much feelin un-touchable.
jamie foxx need to sucker punch Dogg in the face

:cry:
ALONSO CAN YOU GIVE ME SPECIAL ACCESS FOR THE MUSIC SECTION --dats my favourite one bruh :cry:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 1st, 2007, 12:36 pm

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbi ... videosview

here is the video a sneak peak at racist ass Dog

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » November 2nd, 2007, 12:17 am

Mcminister wrote:ain no excuses fo usin the Nword...even if his step mother was black it don matter...he look like a racist dude anywayz.

wassup with all these whiet folks usin the N word live on TV these days....i think brothas shud start upper cuttin these superstars out..coz they speakin out the ass too much feelin un-touchable.
jamie foxx need to sucker punch Dogg in the face

hmmmm maybe they are desensitized from hearin' it said by those who claim to have "permission" ( and you know EXACTLY what I am talking about....)

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » November 2nd, 2007, 3:13 am

i aint going to call someone racist just because they say "nigga". you need to hear the context in which they said it. Hector Camacho, Jennifer Lopez, and many others were called racist for saying it, and in many cases those people are wrong.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » November 2nd, 2007, 6:23 am

alexalonso wrote:i aint going to call someone racist just because they say "nigga". you need to hear the context in which they said it. Hector Camacho, Jennifer Lopez, and many others were called racist for saying it, and in many cases those people are wrong.
He didnt say nigga he was saying nigger. He was trying to justify it while he was saying it but then he would resort back to how he really felt. He dont want his kids involved with no niggers is the basic point of his convo. And if they are he basically done with them.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » November 2nd, 2007, 6:43 am

alexalonso wrote:wow. I didnt expect the Dog to do this,
lol..you're surprised??

alexalonso wrote:i aint going to call someone racist just because they say "nigga". you need to hear the context in which they said it. Hector Camacho, Jennifer Lopez, and many others were called racist for saying it, and in many cases those people are wrong.
You cant be serious? And I notice you edited your post, can other members do that on here also?
rocstar wrote:He didnt say nigga he was saying nigger. He was trying to justify it while he was saying it but then he would resort back to how he really felt. He dont want his kids involved with no niggers is the basic point of his convo. And if they are he basically done with them.

I take it he didnt hear the actual convo because he would have known he didnt say it with the "gga" at the end. You can clearly hear the seriousness in his tone when he was speaking. But again, here he go with the "apology" after been caught, and the whole "I have a Black friend" remark...And why did he say they wouldnt want his daughter bringing home a Black man?

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 2nd, 2007, 8:21 am

he called her a nigger bitch - why???.... he suppose to be a member of the law..sayin BS like that.

it prooves if we tapped phone calls ud here all these people come out the closet speaking out the ass on they face they call their lip

id like to tap all these rock stars phone calls too.they proly mad coz brotha's took the music industry

this shows half these people i use to argue bout on this site sayin racism is over n all that

DOG also said " WE SAY STUFF LIKE DIRTY NIGGER IN THE OFFICE"

so befo they go arrestin black people they proly like lets go get that fuckin dirty nigger ....N he is not Racist :shock:

kramer,imer, dog...shudnt ever be on TV again

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 2nd, 2007, 8:53 am

Mcminister wrote:he called her a nigger bitch - why???.... he suppose to be a member of the law..sayin BS like that.

it prooves if we tapped phone calls ud here all these people come out the closet speaking out the ass on they face they call their lip

id like to tap all these rock stars phone calls too.they proly mad coz brotha's took the music industry

this shows half these people i use to argue bout on this site sayin racism is over n all that

DOG also said " WE SAY STUFF LIKE DIRTY NIGGER IN THE OFFICE"

so befo they go arrestin black people they proly like lets go get that fuckin dirty nigger ....N he is not Racist :shock:

kramer,imer, dog...shudnt ever be on TV again
He's not a member of the law per se. He's a bail bondsmen. He pays to get you out of jail with the intent of you paying him back, if you don't he can turn you back over to the law. He's a step above mail security. I don't think he should be looked at as some sort of authority figure. Not saying there isn't racist police out there, I just don't think a bounty hunter should be put in the same category as a police officer.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » November 2nd, 2007, 9:15 am

I don't think its a question or situation about him being in law enforcement, because he's a Bounty Hunter and a public figure (By the TV Show), and alot of sponsors will NOT sponsor that type of behavior.

Not only dd he use the word regularly and loosely, his phone conversations show that he didn't even care.. I don't think A & E wishes to lose their audience and sponsorship over this dude.. the celebrities never know how to carry themselves in a respectable manner...

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 2nd, 2007, 10:42 am

you obviously didn't listen to the actual convo Alonso.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 2nd, 2007, 11:27 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:I don't think its a question or situation about him being in law enforcement, because he's a Bounty Hunter and a public figure (By the TV Show), and alot of sponsors will NOT sponsor that type of behavior.

Not only dd he use the word regularly and loosely, his phone conversations show that he didn't even care.. I don't think A & E wishes to lose their audience and sponsorship over this dude.. the celebrities never know how to carry themselves in a respectable manner...
Yeah, the difference is a moot point, my response was just to point out he's not in law enforcement as you would say a police officer or judge is.

dubcity
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dubcity » November 2nd, 2007, 10:50 pm

if u know about dog's history then u wouldn't ce surprised

dude used to ce part of a racist motorcycle gang, my bitch put me up on that
so i already knew dude wuz a racist, not surprised at all

lol its a wrap for this dude :P

dubcity
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dubcity » November 2nd, 2007, 10:51 pm

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » November 3rd, 2007, 12:12 am

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 4th, 2007, 11:48 am

I would like to know by whom and how this conversation was obtained

dubcity
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dubcity » November 4th, 2007, 12:33 pm

Christina Marie wrote:I would like to know by whom and how this conversation was obtained
why duz it matter? :roll: wouldn't u like to know why he said all that shit instead?

ure racist white side is showing once again...

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 4th, 2007, 3:00 pm

dubcity wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:I would like to know by whom and how this conversation was obtained
why duz it matter? :roll: wouldn't u like to know why he said all that shit instead?

Your an ass. I listened to the tape and I did find it offensive. It is my nature to want to know the legality of things, I took paralegal for a long time so it interests me. But noooooo you have to go assuming shit AGAIN.

KollmarVago408
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KollmarVago408 » November 4th, 2007, 3:34 pm

i never liked "Dog" or his show .. dude always tries to act like hes the baddest mutha on earth n shit ... mufuckaz get a lil power and they quick to abuse it .. i doesnt suprise me that he turned out to be a bicht ass racist ..

dubcity
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dubcity » November 4th, 2007, 5:15 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
dubcity wrote:

Your an ass. I listened to the tape and I did find it offensive. It is my nature to want to know the legality of things, I took paralegal for a long time so it interests me. But noooooo you have to go assuming shit AGAIN.
yea u looking for a way to get his white ass off the hook :evil:

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 4th, 2007, 6:11 pm

You are looking for any way to make me a racist :evil:

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 5th, 2007, 8:56 am

Christina Marie wrote:You are looking for any way to make me a racist :evil:
His son who he was talking to recorder it and sold it to the Enquirer. Doesn't sound like this was the first time he spewed this stuff and his son took it upon himself to do exactly what Dog said his girlfriend would do, expose him to the Enquirer. I heard that it was for around $15,000. Take it with a grain of salt. And dubcity, you really are stretching here.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 5th, 2007, 4:28 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
His son who he was talking to recorder it and sold it to the Enquirer. Doesn't sound like this was the first time he spewed this stuff and his son took it upon himself to do exactly what Dog said his girlfriend would do, expose him to the Enquirer. I heard that it was for around $15,000. Take it with a grain of salt. And dubcity, you really are stretching here.
Wow his son sold him out, lol. Aint that about a bitch

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » November 5th, 2007, 5:58 pm

Haha owned, shame on him.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 7th, 2007, 1:07 am

Christina Marie wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:
Wow his son sold him out, lol. Aint that about a bitch
He shouldn't have said that shit about his woman....

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 7th, 2007, 1:31 am

8) tell'em ghost

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 7th, 2007, 11:06 pm

Mcminister wrote:8) tell'em ghost

shooooot..... lol

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 7th, 2007, 11:23 pm

ey i kno this gon brake ur heart ghost coz u like;em light skin grls but beyonce be fakin it look -
http://www.bossip.com/7929/for-the-stan ... tmas/7930/

her ass faker than 3/4 of streetgangs.com forum members - jk :lol:

anywayz back to topic

FU*K DOG

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 7th, 2007, 11:37 pm

she could be wearin them cream color nude color panties, we cant tell if she relly wearin butt pads.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 7th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Mcminister wrote:ey i kno this gon brake ur heart ghost coz u like;em light skin grls but beyonce be fakin it look -
http://www.bossip.com/7929/for-the-stan ... tmas/7930/

her ass faker than 3/4 of streetgangs.com forum members - jk :lol:

anywayz back to topic

FU*K DOG
I like dark skin girls too I don't discriminate.. :D

damn shes turning into a barbie doll.... lol

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”