The N-word

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » February 18th, 2008, 11:34 am

ain no point to talk buot B if u ain talked about A

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » February 18th, 2008, 1:09 pm

Mcminister wrote:ain no point to talk buot B if u ain talked about A
Interesting...

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: The N-word

Unread post by justice league » February 18th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Mcminister wrote:
always comparing everything to yesterday... why you always going back to the waty it was... get with the programand try to stop justifying your selfappointed victim status role[/quote]

yesterday makes u who u are today[/quote]

^^ spoken like a true repeat convict.^^

If I used that lame excuse, I'd still be slamming dope.

yesterday makes for something to overcome today.

you can stay down or you can get up and make a difference.

It doesnt matter what you had to do before, what are you doing about today?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » February 20th, 2008, 2:27 pm

justice league wrote:
Mcminister wrote:
always comparing everything to yesterday... why you always going back to the waty it was... get with the programand try to stop justifying your selfappointed victim status role
yesterday makes u who u are today[/quote]

It doesnt matter what you had to do before, what are you doing about today?[/quote]

it matters if you rectify yesterdy dummy, or you can't overcome today.

GodsWarrior

Interesting

Unread post by GodsWarrior » February 23rd, 2008, 10:45 pm

I live in a predominantly black community, and their is not many whites that do anything to help out this community. I am white, 47 years old, I quit my teaching position so I could work full time in my community outreach program, and to assist my young and old, dug users, gang bangers, thugs, and all of those negative words that are being used today, including the N word. Like I tell my assistants, people do not aspire to be crack heads, people do not intend to be poor, people do not intend to be gang bangers, so I never use these words, only in this sentence to explain my feelings will they ever be used. Children are born into an inherited society, and they are nurtured into whatever they become, it is not their fault. My outreach program is non-profit, I do not make a penny, but my life is enriched fully when I succeed at helping young men and women, white or black, get on the road to success. Success does not mean having a lot of money, rather knowing in your heart that you did try your best, that you do love and care for all, and that you do take care of yourself and all of the people that you may touch in your life. Amateur boxing is the focus of my outreach program, however we do have other functions in place, one is MAD DADS(Men Against Destruction, Defending Against Drugs and Social Disorders). When one of my members are having problems, I go to their house, I sit down and talk to the family, I pray for them, I try to aide them in anyway that I can. I also take the young men and women on job interviews, take them to military recruiters, take them to fill out applications. We try to instill words such as honor, integrity, discipline and respect, these are the words that matter. The black community accepts me because I am trying to make a difference, because they know I love and care for all. I even had an older man, that has a problem with crack, bring me in a 25 # dumb bell, and he donated this for free. He could have sold it and bought a rock. This was the most wonderful donation that was given to me. To sum this all up, I agree that white America has to step it up, I agree that the black community has to step it up, and I also know that this can be done. Their are whites out their that do care, and I know after reading these posts that their are people in here that are intelligent, loving and caring.......These changes have to start from somewhere, why not here and now.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » February 28th, 2008, 10:21 am

whats the difference between nigger and nigga?

-ive been told that some black people give out the rights to say nigga to there white friends?
-doesnt this make the matter more confusing when trying to adress it?

what does that mean?

Note: yea i said the n-words but i want to know the difference get mad all u want

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » February 28th, 2008, 5:25 pm

perongregory wrote:
justice league wrote:
Mcminister wrote:
always comparing everything to yesterday... why you always going back to the waty it was... get with the programand try to stop justifying your selfappointed victim status role
yesterday makes u who u are today

It doesnt matter what you had to do before, what are you doing about today?[/quote]

it matters if you rectify yesterdy dummy, or you can't overcome today.[/quote]

thank you perone

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » February 28th, 2008, 7:03 pm

It is a conspiracy to " misinterpret" thereby have carte blanche to act with vindication
whiskeyjack wrote:whats the difference between nigger and nigga?
-ive been told that some black people give out the rights to say nigga to there white friends?

what does that mean?

Note: yea i said the n-words but i want to know the difference get mad all u want

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » February 29th, 2008, 4:10 pm

justice league wrote:It is a conspiracy to " misinterpret" thereby have carte blanche to act with vindication
whiskeyjack wrote:whats the difference between nigger and nigga?

what does that mean?

sorry but could an african american answer the question, please

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » March 3rd, 2008, 10:06 am

i dont get it ive met many many whites who say its alright to say "nigga", so i take it its not a bad word, as opposed to the er ending one?

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » March 3rd, 2008, 10:13 am

whiskeyjack wrote:i dont get it ive met many many whites who say its alright to say "nigga", so i take it its not a bad word, as opposed to the er ending one?

do you REALLY think it mnatters?
you say Tomayto
I say tomahto

seme effin word.

blacks wont answer you because they feel above reproach when it comes to the N word.

my suggestion.... its just a word..... if you think someone is going to take offense over it, then dont say it within earshot

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » March 3rd, 2008, 12:31 pm

alright if thats how it is then thats how it is, either way its a fucked up word

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » March 3rd, 2008, 11:42 pm

whiskeyjack wrote:alright if thats how it is then thats how it is, either way its a #%@& up word

they ( nonwhites) dont want to talk about it to you because it really is a double standard issue.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » March 4th, 2008, 7:20 am

Its funny one group of black people will let there white friends say "nigga", why? is it to impress there white friends so they feel more accepted???

Then on the other hand another group of black people will say ill kill the next white fool who says nigga???

i get called nigga sometimes, its either in the context of:

1. i go to some of my non-white buddies houses and they open the door and say "Sup Nigga!"
2. or if im in a conversation and im talking about crazy things with my non white buddies, one of our non-white friends will say to us " lol y'all bunch of niggas"

With what all i said right now lets see if a can answer the original posters questions:

Please note i dont know the Original poster personally nor do i have the need to attack his intergrity. And im only quoting him cause he is the orginal poster
perongregory wrote:A honest question...Why do mainly whites care about blacks usage of the N-word? Is it really cause they wanna be able to say it without fear of retaliation to or around black people, or do they really care about the welfare of black people? And if they care about the welfare of black people, then why are those who raise issues with the N-word usually not actively raising concern or trying to help with the many other seemingly/overt self-destructive and destructive facets of culture and society that blacks face? Is it a subconcious control process?
Why do mainly whites care about blacks usage of the N-word?
To be honest i care because i dont know what the fuck the difference between nigger and nigga is. If you all go saying nigga in rap songs but tell me you are going to hate on the white fool who says nigger then of course im going to ask about the word. Some claification would be nice.
Is it really cause they wanna be able to say it without fear of retaliation to or around black people, or do they really care about the welfare of black people?
Appraently alot of white folks say nigga without retaliation and around black people and vice versa, if those whites who say nigga all the time dont care about the welfare of black people, then do the rappers who use the word nigga care just as much about the welfare of black people like the nigga hatin white person? shit they all rich promoting bad shit in my opinion.
And if they care about the welfare of black people, then why are those who raise issues with the N-word usually not actively raising concern or trying to help with the many other seemingly/overt self-destructive and destructive facets of culture and society that blacks face?
how am i going to be recieved if i tell them that sayin nigga is a bad thing? there all going to fucking laugh at me. I bet you they have 200 rap CDs ith the word nigga in it 100 times. How am i going to actively raise concerns about a word that has a one meaning to me and whatever else meaing to black people?

Id like to help black people out and when it comes to addressing this word as the problem both meanings have to be the same.
Is it a subconcious control process?
I dont know who is controlling who but in my own opinion if the rappers stopped using and promoting that word mabye so many blacks wont be obligated to be niggers.

Now i know i avent been through the black experience and i never will know the black experience,im white and have lived life going through the white experience. But you have to understand to normal white folk nigga and nigger are the same thing, especially to the white folks who dont listen to rap. And everytime we hear people calling themselves nigga we wonder about the self respect they have for themselves.

I dont think whites can say anymore on the situation i think its up to leaders of the black community like jesse jackson, al sharpton, farrakan to tell the black community to stop using the word cause whites dont know shit about black affairs cause we never lived the life. So why hasnt someone whohas lived the life speaking out about it?

You probally hateme now for this and to be honest ive never said/typed nigger or nigga in one thread or speech then this one in my life lol. And if you are going to attack me for what i said then i guess it was my fault for raising concern about it. It is a double standard regardless of your colour

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » March 4th, 2008, 6:23 pm

whiskeyjack wrote: ................
I dont know who is controlling who but in my own opinion if the rappers stopped using and promoting that word mabye so many blacks wont be obligated to be niggers.

there it is in a nutshell!!!

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 3rd, 2008, 9:21 am

Ive said it before, theres a difference and whites cant use either version.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » May 3rd, 2008, 9:37 am

A Ghost wrote:Ive said it before, theres a difference and whites cant use either version.
like ive said before to the whites who dont embrace hip-hop and rap it means the same thing

to you it means different things

just goes to show you how fucked up things are :roll:

And your right whites cant use either, thats why i brought it up in the wigger thread

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 3rd, 2008, 12:21 pm

nigga, and nigger...same shit...jst pronounciation....most black folk that ain whtie washed to the core...don say the last R's in their words.....EX:

uncle tom: hey, i wondeR what happend YesteRday and if it is on the NewspapeR?

everyday black folk: hey, i wondA what happend YestAday and if it is on the NewspapA?

bil oriely might say Cracker
quanell X might say Cracka'

don make a different

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » May 3rd, 2008, 5:39 pm

justice league wrote:

Wow lol

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 16th, 2008, 6:29 pm

WE TOOK THE WORD THAT THEY USE TO ASSULT US with IN SLAVERY TIME AND REVOLVED IT TO A SLANG.. THAT WE FEEL COMFORTABLE with SAYING.. NOW THEY GOT THEY GOT A DUMB LOOK ON THEY FACE

Skrewdriver
What city do you live in now?: austin texas

Re:

Unread post by Skrewdriver » June 13th, 2008, 8:05 am

A Ghost wrote:Ive said it before, theres a difference and whites cant use either version.
Says who? I'll say whatever I feel like saying.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Re:

Unread post by Mcminister » June 15th, 2008, 1:19 pm

Skrewdriver wrote:

u can say w.e u wana say offcoarse wen ur all in ur lil white boi crew or w.e...but come to the neck of the woods and say it, n u'll see why white people don say it

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re:

Unread post by Mcminister » June 15th, 2008, 1:21 pm

YO-B wrote:WE TOOK THE WORD THAT THEY USE TO ASSULT US with IN SLAVERY TIME AND REVOLVED IT TO A SLANG.. THAT WE FEEL COMFORTABLE with SAYING.. NOW THEY GOT THEY GOT A DUMB LOOK ON THEY FACE

YO -B wachu mean "WE"

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re:

Unread post by Mcminister » June 15th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
justice league wrote:

Wow lol

u stupid thinkin rappers are the ones that influence how shit goes down in the hood

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 15th, 2008, 1:23 pm

shit is said**

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » June 15th, 2008, 4:44 pm

nope i said they influence the use of the n-word, what goes on in the hood is influenced by economics or something related to money and that

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 15th, 2008, 6:42 pm

this topic is pretty boring now cuz its obvious shit is not going to change but let me outline some things since this was my thread. Rappers influence things but rappers are influenced by the hood. Blacks been calling each other niggas long before rap was invented...now some blacks say nigga, some don't, alot of our grandparents don't like the word at all cuz it's too close to the nigger they were called by whites back in the day. So if you want to be ignorant or rude and disrespect a whole group of people, by using reverse psychology (ex.: well your disrespecting yourself), saying rappers say it, or all blacks say it, then go ahead but don't be pissed when blacks who don't like to be called that by non-blacks take off on you. It's a culturally exclusive thing, and that's it. You don't go up into someone elses country barging up in ther shit, you get permission. Us black Americans don't have a country (or a country that truly values us) so our sculture gives us a haven. And this isn't directed at you whiskeyjack, cuz you seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders, but some white people are full of shit...they just wanna call out and say the N-word. I don't see them say shit when poor whites call each other rednecks, when crlos mencia and other latins call each other beaner jokingly, when Scorsese throws around dego, wop, mick, and guinea in his films. These words and expressions go beyond someone wanting to be down, they mean alot and have history, and if culturally blacks put the N-word in context a certain way that only works for us, then so be it.

Nigger and nigga are the same word, and they are not...because of the way a lot of blacks tend to turn the -er in words to a that's how we pronounce nigger. But the vile definition of nigger we don't embrace...how we have used the word is to change the pronouciation of the word away from the way whites say it and sort of nullify

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 15th, 2008, 6:47 pm

the last paragraph was something I was gonna write to explain the shit, I decided not to because I think everyone pretty much knows what is what and just arguring to do so.

Skrewdriver

Re: Re:

Unread post by Skrewdriver » June 16th, 2008, 8:29 am

Mcminister wrote:
Skrewdriver wrote:

u can say w.e u wana say offcoarse wen ur all in ur lil white boi crew or w.e...but come to the neck of the woods and say it, n u'll see why white people don say it
You're neck of the woods? Ha Ha Ha! Anyways, of course if people are hugely outnumbered they are gonna tread lightly. If numbers are even though, anything goes.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 17th, 2008, 12:04 am

go at night wen everybody is in...find a 2 brothas chillin by the corner store and go with 3 of ur frends and say it...w.e u from...i ain say my neck of the woods foo

Skrewdriver

Unread post by Skrewdriver » June 17th, 2008, 6:24 am

Mcminister wrote:go at night wen everybody is in...find a 2 brothas chillin by the corner store and go with 3 of ur frends and say it...w.e u from...i ain say my neck of the woods foo
I have done that. And it was on. Never said I wouldn't have problems for saying it. Just saying, I'll say it if I want to, and I'll deal with the repurcussions. Win or lose, I fear no man. And I certainly ain't gonna let no one tell me what I can or can't say.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 18th, 2008, 12:29 am

iight watch out tho patna u might get got over that......but if u ain scared of death ...do ya thang