Racism you've encountered

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
thekinks1886
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by thekinks1886 » May 24th, 2008, 3:17 am

clipse wrote::roll: at whites believing they share the same issues as us. They really on here trying to get others to believe they share our daily experiences :roll: Pathetic!
what a fucking racist ballbag

thekinks1886
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by thekinks1886 » May 24th, 2008, 3:18 am

some blacks need to get out of their victim mentality, oh look at me, I suffer more than you- f uck you, you don't walk in anyone else's shoes- I daresay a white person killed at the hands of a racist black or asian has suffered "more" than some of the w ankers on this forum

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 24th, 2008, 2:34 pm

It breaks down in different ways. For example, you have individual suffering and corporate suffering. Individual suffering would be the suffering a person experiences and vary's greatly person to person. Corporate suffering is the suffering a group of people suffer corporately.

Corporate suffering doesn't diminish in importance simply because someone outside of that group suffers individually. Both are valid.

Perongregory has talked about this before when looking at the African slave trade and the aftermath in America.

I don't believe that ridiculing corporate suffering is positive. Qualifying, debating, even arguing it is but not ridiculing. Some of you need to get off that imo.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 24th, 2008, 10:39 pm

jmaups2005 wrote:people should feel bad for me because i was taught to hate myself :? be serious black people aint no different then anybody else maybe if everyone learned to get the fu-- over themselves this world could actually become a little better but nope everyone wants everyone else to play a guilt trip for everything humans are fuckin retarded
thekinks1886 wrote:some blacks need to get out of their victim mentality, oh look at me, I suffer more than you- f uck you, you don't walk in anyone else's shoes- I daresay a white person killed at the hands of a racist black or asian has suffered "more" than some of the wankers on this forum

This is why I was reluctant to post this topic on this site, because of reactions like these two above me. ^^^

This was not meant to be a "Ive had it worse than you" thread.

All I asked was that people tell their stories. That's all.

And as far as racism against whites? Racism against whites does exist in America, and yes it is wrong. However White Americans DO NOT have to deal with the same crap on the same level as Black Americans do. This is a proven fact that is taught all the way up to the COLLEGE level.

If a white person on this site was walking down the street and called a "cracker" then logged on and felt the need to tell their story then go ahead.

If a black guy was walking down the street, called a "Ni--er", beat in the head with a baton and had crack sprinkled on top of him then this is where you tell the story.

I dont want to have to come back in here and see "Oh you think so have it soo bad, WAH WAH WAH"

So chill with all that shit.

- - - - - -- - - - - -- - -

I have another story.

I had just got done eating earlier at this bar/restaurant. I walked to the bathroom to go clean myself up but it was already occupied so I decided to wait. As I was waiting I looked up and saw this large drawing that had been hung above the bathroom door. It was a picture of a white cop in a patrol car driving down the street while dragging a black handcuffed suspect on the street next to him while beating him with a wooden plank. The plank had a nail in it.

SMH The worst thing is it's a cop bar.

I was pissed the rest of the day.

Capo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Capo » May 25th, 2008, 10:23 am

I've seen plenty of stupid racism coming from EVERY type of person, but I don't have time for bothering myself with searching for the reason behind those excrement-type comments. I just let it slide, because I know that for every stupid racist person mad at others not to be a man enough to face themselves, there's another real brother of any color that knows what's up. Love they neighbors is the Truth. Hating your neighbors for whatever reason though is a lie and once you start going that path, you can build yourself an infinite numbers of lies and hate and infinite cases of racism too. There's only One Love though.

Capo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Capo » May 25th, 2008, 10:27 am

thekinks1886 wrote:some blacks need to get out of their victim mentality, oh look at me, I suffer more than you- f uck you, you don't walk in anyone else's shoes- I daresay a white person killed at the hands of a racist black or asian has suffered "more" than some of the w ankers on this forum
Exactly. This type of victim stupidity is kind of ending though because more and more people are kind of tired of this type of Injustice. A man is a man. Get your things straight like a man, and everybody else'll logically respect you back like a man. It is written, 'Ask and you will receive'. If you act like a responsible man and really need help with anything, people'll help you out. Act like a little victim bitch, and you'll keep on being treated like that and it's nobody's fault other than you being immature and lazy. It's a shame nowadays some people don't have good enough parents to teach them how to be a man/woman in life, but that's the simple truth.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 4:14 pm

A Ghost wrote:
jmaups2005 wrote:people should feel bad for me because i was taught to hate myself :? be serious black people aint no different then anybody else maybe if everyone learned to get the fu-- over themselves this world could actually become a little better but nope everyone wants everyone else to play a guilt trip for everything humans are fuckin retarded
thekinks1886 wrote:some blacks need to get out of their victim mentality, oh look at me, I suffer more than you- f uck you, you don't walk in anyone else's shoes- I daresay a white person killed at the hands of a racist black or asian has suffered "more" than some of the wankers on this forum

This is why I was reluctant to post this topic on this site, because of reactions like these two above me. ^^^

This was not meant to be a "Ive had it worse than you" thread.

All I asked was that people tell their stories. That's all.

And as far as racism against whites? Racism against whites does exist in America, and yes it is wrong. However White Americans DO NOT have to deal with the same crap on the same level as Black Americans do. This is a proven fact that is taught all the way up to the COLLEGE level.

If a white person on this site was walking down the street and called a "cracker" then logged on and felt the need to tell their story then go ahead.

If a black guy was walking down the street, called a "Ni--er", beat in the head with a baton and had crack sprinkled on top of him then this is where you tell the story.

I dont want to have to come back in here and see "Oh you think so have it soo bad, WAH WAH WAH"

So chill with all that shit.

- - - - - -- - - - - -- - -

I have another story.

I had just got done eating earlier at this bar/restaurant. I walked to the bathroom to go clean myself up but it was already occupied so I decided to wait. As I was waiting I looked up and saw this large drawing that had been hung above the bathroom door. It was a picture of a white cop in a patrol car driving down the street while dragging a black handcuffed suspect on the street next to him while beating him with a wooden plank. The plank had a nail in it.

SMH The worst thing is it's a cop bar.

I was pissed the rest of the day.
this is a good thread but you know that people is gonna have that one sided mind and start an argument about what you just said....

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 4:23 pm

plus we all know all racism is the same....just blacks go through it more.....but it all depends where it happens...whites gettin bullied by minorities...minorities gettin hassled by white police.....

Capo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Capo » May 25th, 2008, 7:17 pm

Sometimes, from many discussions I've had with blacks here, I've noticed that in many situations blacks seem to attract racism to themselves as if it were indirectly wanted, as if they perceive 'the normal' way any person would address them is with racism in the back of their head. I once had a talk with a black girl, and she was like, you're the first white guy I've ever really talked to, and since a young girl, my parents have brainwashed me saying that whites are racist and all the people around you would say the same thing and blablabla. And she's lived kind of closed among her community and all that so I was like an eye opener for her and since then, we talk more both of us than she even talks ot any other black person. That's just an example but I know many others of how it gets engrained since a young age and if you never get the chance to really meet a real down person coming from any other background than yours, maybe you won't change the way you've been brought in those stereotypes, stereotyping even how other people 'should racistly' adress you. Blacks go through it more? I think most of the time it's a perception they get as if it were indirectly wanted deep down because 'that's just how it should be'. Racism'll end when really everybody lets everything slide and stop taking anything 'racistly'. You just don't have time for that. Just like the guy in thePursuit of Happiness. He was black, never backed down and really, if you're really made of something, nobody's gonna stop you just because of a stupid skin color. Nobody really ignorantly believes in that BS in 2008 with genetics and all.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 25th, 2008, 7:20 pm

LET IT SLIDE :shock: :shock: :evil: ...??????... like my nigga easy said its easier said than done

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Capo wrote:Sometimes, from many discussions I've had with blacks here, I've noticed that in many situations blacks seem to attract racism to themselves as if it were indirectly wanted, as if they perceive 'the normal' way any person would address them is with racism in the back of their head. I once had a talk with a black girl, and she was like, you're the first white guy I've ever really talked to, and since a young girl, my parents have brainwashed me saying that whites are racist and all the people around you would say the same thing and blablabla. And she's lived kind of closed among her community and all that so I was like an eye opener for her and since then, we talk more both of us than she even talks ot any other black person. That's just an example but I know many others of how it gets engrained since a young age and if you never get the chance to really meet a real down person coming from any other background than yours, maybe you won't change the way you've been brought in those stereotypes, stereotyping even how other people 'should racistly' adress you. Blacks go through it more? I think most of the time it's a perception they get as if it were indirectly wanted deep down because 'that's just how it should be'. Racism'll end when really everybody lets everything slide and stop taking anything 'racistly'. You just don't have time for that. Just like the guy in thePursuit of Happiness. He was black, never backed down and really, if you're really made of something, nobody's gonna stop you just because of a stupid skin color. Nobody really ignorantly believes in that BS in 2008 with genetics and all.
is this adressed ta me?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 26th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Capo wrote:nobody's gonna stop you just because of a stupid skin color. Nobody really ignorantly believes in that BS in 2008 with genetics and all.
Youve never met a New York Italian before.... lol

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 26th, 2008, 7:44 pm

i will argue til the end of time that it is racial profiling...thats one thing i will neva say doesn't exist...

thebasher
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Re: Racism you've encountered

Unread post by thebasher » October 12th, 2008, 11:57 pm

I GOT ACCUSED OF STEALING ONCE

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » October 17th, 2008, 8:00 am

Racist bastards.

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » October 18th, 2008, 11:44 pm

I am Asian, but I am able to speak some Spainsh. I Went into a market once and the Mexican guy gave me dirty looks. I was about to pay my soda and he gave me an attitude when I asked him how much. He starts talking crap about me in Spainsh. So I asked him in Spainish how much is it, things change from there.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » November 16th, 2008, 6:12 pm

I got accused of giving a counterfeit 10 dollar bill to the cashier at Subway so my dad went crazy at her.

She was from Bangladesh or some shit and I'm white, so you figure.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 17th, 2008, 6:58 pm

wow ^^ wht the hell wud make u think that is a racist encounter

Triggeration
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sin City

Unread post by Triggeration » November 22nd, 2008, 9:46 am

ridincitiesforever wrote:I am Asian, but I am able to speak some Spainsh. I Went into a market once and the Mexican guy gave me dirty looks. I was about to pay my soda and he gave me an attitude when I asked him how much. He starts talking crap about me in Spainsh. So I asked him in Spainish how much is it, things change from there.
Lol.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » November 22nd, 2008, 10:15 pm

I went to the doctors on Friday with my girl for some baby checkup stuff thingy and the lady behind the desk was giving us that Image face cuz my girl is Black/Irish.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 24th, 2008, 7:50 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:I went to the doctors on Friday with my girl for some baby checkup stuff thingy and the lady behind the desk was giving us that Image face because my girl is Black/Irish.

dawg when i went with mines....some ol bitch tryda judge foo like we too young n shit... dawg i went off on 'em and got kicked out of the hospital real talk

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 23rd, 2008, 1:14 am

ridincitiesforever wrote:I am Asian, but I am able to speak some Spainsh. I Went into a market once and the Mexican guy gave me dirty looks. I was about to pay my soda and he gave me an attitude when I asked him how much. He starts talking crap about me in Spainsh. So I asked him in Spainish how much is it, things change from there.
lol same thing here. Other languages too...

What's funny is the same fools that used to jumped/fight me and say all that "pinche chino" shit would sometimes at night walk up to me and go "what's up ese" or talk to me in Spanish thinking I'm Mexican! lol I think we're some of the closest related groups in America via Natives being originally from Mongolian heritage like most of us east Asians.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » December 23rd, 2008, 7:13 am

The Pakistanis at the gas station give me a hard time whenever i go there, but hey nbot as bad as the other whites who work at that gas station, one hasnt worked there for more then 3 weeks lol....

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”