Filipinos claiming "Pacific Islander"

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Filipinos claiming "Pacific Islander"

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 6th, 2009, 6:10 pm

why do filipinos in america claim to be pacific islanders? as far as i know Samoans and Tongans dont accept filipinos as one of them and it has been geographically proven that the philipines isnt near no hawaii lol are they just ashamed of be called asian? if so im ok with that haha

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Filipinos claiming "Pacific Islander"

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 6th, 2009, 8:09 pm

Thonkboy, they are in the Pacific "Rim of Fire"...

If you are talking semantics, then you could also say they are SouthEast Asians or Islanders...

Their country is an Island made up of over 7000 islands...

And who gives a fuuck if Samoans or Tongans "accept" them. On the flip side filipinos dont accept Tongans or Samoans as Tagalog or Illcano...

And the Philipines is closer to Hawaii than it is America so wtf are you talking about...

I live here in Hawaii and I aint never heard pinoys claim to be anything but PINOY...

You suckas on the mainland group ppl into too many categories. You need to get off that shit.

Where at in the harbor area are you cuz I have family there...

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 6th, 2009, 9:02 pm

dont care about no pacific rim of fire homie im talkin about the flipflops that say theyre pacific islanders which is trying to say they wanna be samoans, and i do give a fuck if the samoans or tongans accept them cuz thats who they wanna be and no samoan or tongan wants them in their category homie and i never see no samoan sayin they wanna be no flip so there aint no flipside to that and i know the philipines are closer to hawaii than america so i dunno why u bring that up fo lmao and of course we group people into their race cuz this is LA homie just keep i dont give a fuck about no hawaii and u aint care bout the "suckas" in the mainland

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 6th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Like I said where in the HxA are you?

I have fam there from varrios around that area...

No spit your hood and name,,,

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 6th, 2009, 10:24 pm

And another thing wise guy, saying Pacific Islanders entails hella more ppl than Tongans and Samoans...

Hawaiians, Palauans, Micronesians, Cook Islands, Solomon Islands, etc etc...

Pacific Islanders are tons of countries...LOL

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 7th, 2009, 1:12 pm

i guess even u know the philipines aint pacific islanders lookin at that list u just made

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 7th, 2009, 2:58 pm

I stand corrected...

According to the Encyclopedia Britanica, pinoys are NOT considered P.Iʻs and/or apart of Oceania..(Micronesia, Polynesia, Melanesia)...

My bad thonkboy...

Trey
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trey » December 16th, 2009, 1:37 am

Flips are Asian... before the Spanish raped their women and culture, the Philippines culture was similar to the cultures of Indonesia and Malaysia... the Philippines was even supposed to be called Malaysia for fucks sake, do your research... also their original writing looked like Thai, Lao, Khmer writing... Spanish colonialism fucked they mind up and got them confused...

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » December 16th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Trey wrote:Flips are Asian... before the Spanish raped their women and culture, the Philippines culture was similar to the cultures of Indonesia and Malaysia... the Philippines was even supposed to be called Malaysia for fucks sake, do your research... also their original writing looked like Thai, Lao, Khmer writing... Spanish colonialism #%@& they mind up and got them confused...
Flips aren't confused. They're more racially mixed than classic yellowman asian people like Chinese and Koreans and they know it.

Trey
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trey » February 1st, 2010, 3:49 am

Silencioso wrote:
Trey wrote:Flips are Asian... before the Spanish raped their women and culture, the Philippines culture was similar to the cultures of Indonesia and Malaysia... the Philippines was even supposed to be called Malaysia for fucks sake, do your research... also their original writing looked like Thai, Lao, Khmer writing... Spanish colonialism #%@& they mind up and got them confused...
Flips aren't confused. They're more racially mixed than classic yellowman asian people like Chinese and Koreans and they know it.
Only 5% of Filipinos have Spanish blood in them. A few thousand Spanish conquistadors could not have fukked over 50 million Filipino people from all the different islands... they are of MALAY stock which is of Mongoloid descent but speaks an Austronesian language... they share the common genetic gene with all other East and Southeast Asians which is Haplogroup O and that is only found in East and Southeast Asian peoples.. not Indians, not Blacks, not Whites, just E and SE Asians.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » February 1st, 2010, 2:43 pm

Trey wrote:
Silencioso wrote:
Only 5% of Filipinos have Spanish blood in them. A few thousand Spanish conquistadors could not have #%@& over 50 million Filipino people from all the different islands... they are of MALAY stock which is of Mongoloid descent but speaks an Austronesian language... they share the common genetic gene with all other East and Southeast Asians which is Haplogroup O and that is only found in East and Southeast Asian peoples.. not Indians, not Blacks, not Whites, just E and SE Asians.
Malay stock is a mixed Mongoloid-Australoid (melanesian, negrito, Australian Aborigine etc) type. Malay languages like Tagalog are part of the Malayo-Polynesian language family. Malay are brown people not yellow chinitos. Many Malay have smooth features and large round eyes and resemble light skinned blacks with wavy/straight hair. There's more logic in calling a Puerto Rican white than a Filipino yellow/Asian.

Trey
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trey » March 26th, 2010, 4:56 am

"This haplogroup appears in 80-90% of all men in East and Southeast Asia, and it is almost exclusive to that region: M175 is almost nonexistent in Western Siberia, Western Asia, Europe, and Africa and is completely absent from the Americas, although certain subclades of Haplogroup O do achieve significant frequencies among some populations of South Asia, Central Asia, and Oceania."

Yeh so DNA disagrees with you. East Asians and Southeast Asians are genetically the same, they may look different due to obvious climate differences but they share common DNA which no other population in the world has.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » March 28th, 2010, 1:13 pm

The difference between a Malay and an Oriental is like the difference between a Bedouin Arab and an Anglo-Saxon - same basic anthropological race but to different to be considered the same ethnic group.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 2nd, 2010, 11:41 am

what do you mean by anthropological race?

VsichkoEBosh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Moon base Alphaaa

Unread post by VsichkoEBosh » April 2nd, 2010, 11:50 am

perongregory wrote:what do you mean by anthropological race?
lol

Like putting Romanians in the same category as Italians(Latin peoples) because 1/3 of the Romanian language is practically a South Italian dialect even though Romanians genetically stem from Illiryans - a Balkan tribe dating pre-Romans.

Hell they even genetically stem from the Dorians, an Ancient Greek tribe.

Of course, the majority of the Roman empire in the Middle East for example was Illiryans...so who's to tell the difference?

Filipinos are considered Asian...but I never knew Pacific Islanders were their own race?? Or should they be?? Like tropical Native Americans or something?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 2nd, 2010, 12:38 pm

perongregory wrote:what do you mean by anthropological race?

I mean the major genetic groupings like Sub- Saharan African, East Asian, European. I guess "race" is out an out dated term.

this sight explains it:

www.dnatribes.com

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 2nd, 2010, 3:43 pm

HiloBoy wrote:Thonkboy, they are in the Pacific "Rim of Fire"...

If you are talking semantics, then you could also say they are SouthEast Asians or Islanders...

Their country is an Island made up of over 7000 islands...

And who gives a fuuck if Samoans or Tongans "accept" them. On the flip side filipinos dont accept Tongans or Samoans as Tagalog or Illcano...

And the Philipines is closer to Hawaii than it is America so wtf are you talking about...

I live here in Hawaii and I aint never heard pinoys claim to be anything but PINOY...

You suckas on the mainland group ppl into too many categories. You need to get off that shit.

Where at in the harbor area are you because I have family there...
Of course Flips wouldn't accept anybody but Pinoys to be Tagalog or Illicano & this thread is spews hatred, like you already know.

hellothere1234
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by hellothere1234 » October 21st, 2012, 10:54 am

i heard some filipinos be claiming 13... that shit's fuckin gay..

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » October 22nd, 2012, 3:13 pm

hellothere1234 wrote:i heard some filipinos be claiming 13... that shit's fuckin gay..
WHAT'S EVEN MORE "GAY" IS WHEN THEIR MEMBERS CAN'T DECIDE IF THEY'RE B'S, C'S OR 13.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 24th, 2012, 11:21 am

Silencioso wrote:The difference between a Malay and an Oriental is like the difference between a Bedouin Arab and an Anglo-Saxon - same basic anthropological race but to different to be considered the same ethnic group.
Bedouin Arabs and Europeans were never the same basic anthropological race,Bedouins are Semites and Anglo Saxons are pretty much Caucasian Europeans.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » October 25th, 2012, 9:38 am

HiloBoy wrote:I stand corrected...

According to the Encyclopedia Britanica, pinoys are NOT considered P.Iʻs and/or apart of Oceania..(Micronesia, Polynesia, Melanesia)...

My bad thonkboy...
What a trip, cuzz the Philippines are Pacific islands & some Pinoys would rather be considered P.I..

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”