Interracial Dating or Marriage

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Interracial Dating or Marriage

Unread post by Common Sense » November 24th, 2004, 1:43 pm

The chinese is all over the caribbean. I was really surprised by this. Most of them spoke no english. When I was Trinidad and St. Lucia they all basically lived together. I saw one Trinidad man with a chinese girl and they had a child together.

Sidenote/Offtopic:
I was told that the chinese girls were working in clothing factories and that their passports were being held. Their salaries minus deductions were bening sent back to their families in China. It's like modern day Indentured Servants. The Chinese goverment is probably in on it.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » November 24th, 2004, 1:50 pm

I had a buddy who was in the service and he went to Australia. He said In this bar, this huge Aborigine girl was trying to get her mack on. He said he had to draw the line right there.

Most of you said yopu were ok with interacial dating. Where would you draw the line?

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » November 24th, 2004, 2:43 pm

Yeah for a Oriental man dating a Black/Indian woman it would be a bit more common in the Caribbean. You come across it more in places like Jamaica, Trinidad, and sometimes Guyana (South America).
Of course you'd still get some racist remarks from certain Black Caribbean folks who don't agree with the whole "mixing thing" cuz of the "stick to your own kind talk" but, its more common down there than in America or Canada.

I'm sure theres Oriental guys/Black girls dating all over the U.S, though in smaller isolated instances. Maybe in California you'd see a bit of this more too?

ChAoS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ChAoS » November 27th, 2004, 11:03 am

marry who the f*ck you want to.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 5th, 2004, 12:27 pm

ChAoS wrote:marry who the f*ck you want to.

I agree with you, but there is alot of people out there think people should stay with their own kind.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » December 5th, 2004, 6:07 pm

Sometimes your "own kind" sort of resembles other "kinds" you know. Go to the Phillipines and you'd come across Asian/Oriental people with Oriental facial features but, wavy African like hair. Or their skin and facial features look very Afrocan like.

People been mixing for milleniums. Its ignorant to consider yourself sticking with your own kind when, once you take that genetics test you find yourself a descent of Asia instead of Africa.

SD4life
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SD4life » December 5th, 2004, 9:49 pm

I'm 25% nicaraguan, 25% puerto rican, and 50% black, and I'm dating a girl thats 100% Mexican. The only problem was her dad then he got over it.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » December 7th, 2004, 2:46 pm

im black and when i talk to hispanic girls, i don't even call they house. if they don't have a cell phone i won't call em. they fam bam be tripping so i just tell them to call me.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 7th, 2004, 3:30 pm

What does their family do?

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 10th, 2004, 9:13 am

What do you think about Tiger Woods girl Elin Nordegren?

http://www.cliphoto.com/social1/elin.htm

Tiger is sprung. If she left him, he might pull an OJ.

ElGuero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ElGuero » December 10th, 2004, 6:51 pm

Personally, I would marry only a Nicaraguan girl.....or at most a Central American girl because of the culture, I want to go through life with someone who understands me.....who shares my values, traditions, etc. and because of my family...Plus, I'm planning on returning to Nicaragua in the next 3 years......just need to work on adding to my resume a bit......

As far as dating goes, I love girls who are mixed black and white.....thick Asian girls...... Latin girls in general, black girls..... and white girls....Indian and Middle Eastern girls are really hot sometimes too.....it doesn't really matter where they're from....

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 10th, 2004, 10:13 pm

I don't think the issue is wether Men like women of other races, but wether the family of the woman/girl will give her or you a hard time about it if you're not of the same race.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 13th, 2005, 3:04 pm

Middle America or the Bible Belt tends to have the most problems with inter racial relationships. I do believe these parts have lightened up over the years, but the two coast tends to be the best bet for tolerance. More so the West coast than the EASt.

Most liberal west coast cities:
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles
San Diego

Not too sure about Oregon. Oregon tends to go backwards at times.

mxdchikk0305

Unread post by mxdchikk0305 » January 27th, 2005, 3:22 pm

okay. i kno tht not erre1 believez in Jesus Christ but 4 erre1 who duz i want u 2 thynk bout thiz. if god wanted us all 2 b the same then y r we all made so different? if he only wanted whitez 2 b with whitez & latinoz 2 b with latinoz only the ny wuld he put ppl of erre race in the same place? dont u thynk if he really wanted us 2 all stay with ppl of our race then no1 wuld've gone 2 different countriez? being mixed with many thingz muhself i kno tht i wuldnt b hurr cuzz 1, im mixed, & 2, im cuban. cubanz r mixed 2 az well az puerto ricanz, dominicanz, wuteva. thtz y sum r dark & sum arent. so even if we wuld've stayed in our racez, a lotta racez wuldnt b hurr. thynk bout it & get back @ me.

CARDENAS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by CARDENAS » March 1st, 2005, 6:11 pm

All i date and want to date is mexican....you might be the finest breezy but if you aint mexican...kick rocks!.... i dont know im just ignorant like that.

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » March 1st, 2005, 7:12 pm

mxd chik ur right but im not a religious guy but ur right

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 1st, 2005, 7:22 pm

I am in an interracial marriage. My wife is from Peru.

My kid is half Irish/half latino.

I knew a long time ago, before I even met her, that my kid would be half latino.

MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN ON THE PLANET!!!!!!

HAHAHA.

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » March 1st, 2005, 7:35 pm

My mother married a native Hispanic Texan (don't dare call him Mexican).
This was both their second marriages, and his mother, a Pentecostal, was NOT happy with the fact that he divorced/remarried, especially with a white woman. Whenever she'd call the house and my mother or I would answer the phone, she'd hang up on us until Joe answered the phone.

She refused to come over to our house for anything, even to pick up her grandson. We were ignored the entire we lived there. We weren't "allowed" to go to family gatherings, weren't invited to birthday parties, and spazzed whenever they saw us in public.

They calmed down after a few years, but I haven't forgiven my step-father for not stepping up to his family. It's one thing for his family to be like that, but it's another thing for him to *allow* it to happen. If you know your family is against it, then you need to be prepared to deal with the situation and not just allow one side of the family to destroy the other side of the family.

I think that in many cases, people date other people with whom they share a common background. In some cases, a cultural difference may be to great to overcome. My mom and step-father didn't make it past the ten year marker.

I grew up with my step-brother and we pretty much accepted each other as brother and sister. When I first started teaching, he was in my class. Guess the school didn't think that a banger would be related to a white teacher. When the students started joking that I was "hating on Mexicans", I just turned to my step-brother and asked him what he thought. That brought about stunned silence.

It's not only race in some cases - My grandmother is VERY concerned that I married a man with Italian hertitage. She doesn't just want a white man - she wants a Norwegian man. I've also known some Cubans whose parents want them to date only Cubans.

Personally, I don't care. I don't think it's a big deal, but a lot of other people do. But I think that if you aren't ready to deal with other people's prejudices, then you aren't ready for an interracial partner.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 1st, 2005, 9:38 pm

Anesis wrote:I haven't forgiven my step-father for not stepping up to his family. It's one thing for his family to be like that, but it's another thing for him to *allow* it to happen..

Yes, his immediate family should have come first. If he married a woman with kids, he should have known there would be added responsibility.

Anesis wrote:If you know your family is against it, then you need to be prepared to deal with the situation..

Some families are used to extending their baggage.

Anesis wrote:I think that in many cases, people date other people with whom they share a common background..

At least healthy people do.

Anesis wrote:It's not only race in some cases - My grandmother is VERY concerned that I married a man with Italian hertitage. She doesn't just want a white man - she wants a Norwegian man. I've also known some Cubans whose parents want them to date only Cubans..

Some parents want their kids to live out their fantasies. Which I object to. I feel everyone should have a shot on how to live their life.

Anesis wrote:Personally, I don't care. I don't think it's a big deal, but a lot of other people do..

And it's a real shame.

Anesis wrote:But I think that if you aren't ready to deal with other people's prejudices, then you aren't ready for an interracial partner.

So true.

alisa_life

Unread post by alisa_life » March 2nd, 2005, 7:17 pm

I'm native american, and honestly I would date possibly marry outside my race, I'm totally not the racist type. Although my mother tells me to stay with my own kind, ummm so yeah I would consider it, depends on the person I guess.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 5th, 2005, 11:57 pm

Do you suppose that interracial couples is a popular trend nowadays - more like if it was in vogue (fashion)?
Go with the flow sort of?
Everyone wants to try it?

No dis' to anyone - just an observation aftertought.

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » March 6th, 2005, 1:14 am

"My mother married a native Hispanic Texan (don't dare call him Mexican)"

he sounds like a real queer...

coconuts really rub me the wrong way

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » March 6th, 2005, 9:30 am

lonewolf wrote:Do you suppose that interracial couples is a popular trend nowadays - more like if it was in vogue (fashion)?
Go with the flow sort of?
Everyone wants to try it?

No dis' to anyone - just an observation aftertought.

Look at the media - it's popular. The new thing in advertising is to portray people without an specific ethnic identity. My husband did a photoshoot last week and the models that the client picked out were all of an unidentifiable ehtnicity. I think the media is a pretty good litmus test for our society.

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » March 6th, 2005, 3:20 pm

the media is nothing more than an extension of the white power establishment.
They'll show a straight WASP person over any mixed person at the drop of a dime.....I really dont think things have changed a bit.

And why is it that when you see a mixed person on TV, that individual is obviously very white washed in speech, mannerisms and apperances?
Just ethnic cleansing on a new level, thats all it is.

The white media/hollywood almost has no sense of tolerance towards racial/color differences, they cant seem to physically accept anyone that isnt some sort of hybrid white.
This speaks loudly of their ingrained prejudices.

Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Soldier » March 9th, 2005, 4:24 am

Well I'm mexican and white, and I've dated white, puerto rican+black, mexican, Assyrian, korean, chinese, nicaraguan, and I have a filipina fiancee. Living in cali and then joining the Army helped a lot with that. I never had a problem with mixed relationships. I figure as long as she's hot, huggable and homo sapien, I'm good. Whatever makes you happy. I never picked a girl specifically for race, but I do have my preferences. I like dark hair and dark eyes, and tan skin. But I dated a china white mexican girl with green eyes, and a blond once too, so obviously that didn't come into play.

CARDENAS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by CARDENAS » March 9th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Soldier wrote:Well I'm mexican and white, and I've dated white, puerto rican+black, mexican, Assyrian, korean, chinese, nicaraguan, and I have a filipina fiancee. Living in cali and then joining the Army helped a lot with that. I never had a problem with mixed relationships. I figure as long as she's hot, huggable and homo sapien, I'm good. Whatever makes you happy. I never picked a girl specifically for race, but I do have my preferences. I like dark hair and dark eyes, and tan skin. But I dated a china white mexican girl with green eyes, and a blond once too, so obviously that didn't come into play.

bla bla bla....Shut the fuck up you race traitor.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 9th, 2005, 5:29 pm

CARDENAS wrote:
Soldier wrote:Well I'm mexican and white, and I've dated white, puerto rican+black, mexican, Assyrian, korean, chinese, nicaraguan, and I have a filipina fiancee. Living in cali and then joining the Army helped a lot with that. I never had a problem with mixed relationships. I figure as long as she's hot, huggable and homo sapien, I'm good. Whatever makes you happy. I never picked a girl specifically for race, but I do have my preferences. I like dark hair and dark eyes, and tan skin. But I dated a china white mexican girl with green eyes, and a blond once too, so obviously that didn't come into play.

bla bla bla....Shut the fu-- up you race traitor.

it seems as if he identifies with with the militaristic mind-state, the flip wife and all (no offense). But as anyone else living in this country would tell you, AlOT of problems arise from dating outside your race (primarily dating a white girl if youre not white) but hey.... Im in Harlem aka Black Mecca so the only mixing we really do here is with other minorities.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 9th, 2005, 5:31 pm

SD4life wrote:I'm 25% nicaraguan, 25% puerto rican, and 50% black, and I'm dating a girl thats 100% Mexican. The only problem was her dad then he got over it.

Maybe he finally realized that you were cool.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » March 20th, 2005, 7:07 pm

Common Sense wrote:Would you date or marry someone outside of your race?

Does it bother you if others do or do not?

anybody calling theyself godly should be open to all of god's people,in my opinion. but personally, i rather be with someone who looks like me (for comfort reasons), and comes from where i come from (knows/understands my hustle, my struggle), so give me something black or brown, and i'm cool. i've dated white girls before, blk, brown, mixed,etc... it's all the same, it's just a matter of who treats you good.
I'd marry, or date someone of another race, yes.

ajay049
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ajay049 » March 21st, 2005, 10:22 am

Hey, I think some of the best looking people are of mixed races. I myself is a proud product of the Mexican and Filipino race witch is very common here in Cali. Both have long time social ties in the golden state. This trend also helps break down racial barriers.

Boricua

Unread post by Boricua » March 29th, 2005, 9:15 pm

I support it, its no big deal. Personally I'll date anyone if I like them. But I prefer girls who are mixed white/black, or light skinned black girls, although I'm Puertorican of 100% Spanish background.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » April 2nd, 2005, 3:08 am

Sometimes the more different nationalities mixed the better the women look, I went to school with a Gypsy Roma girl and they are a bit of everthing and she was beautiful.

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”