Brown Pride a government creation?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Brown Pride a government creation?

Unread post by whiskeyjack » June 17th, 2009, 7:12 am

what do you think?

Even more divides imposed on us, by the aristocrats?

I think its a government conspiracy, before 1970 white, after 1970 hispanic?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Brown Pride a government creation?

Unread post by Silencioso » June 17th, 2009, 10:48 am

whiskeyjack wrote:what do you think?

Brown Pride is a basically an updated version of Chicano Power, which was a product of the '60's civil rights movement. Mexicans in the SouthWest US were historically never fully embraced as white even when we were classified as white. The identity as "brown" was considered better than being a half-assed honorary "white".

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » June 18th, 2009, 6:36 am

im not trying to be a smart ass but even by what you told me, your saying brown pride is a product of the civil rights movement, which is fact im not disputing that...

Government creates racist environment ---> civil rights movement ---> new identity "brown" ---> brown Pride

Can i come to this conclusion?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » June 18th, 2009, 12:35 pm

whiskeyjack wrote:im not trying to be a smart ass but even by what you told me, your saying brown pride is a product of the civil rights movement, which is fact im not disputing that...

Government creates racist environment ---> civil rights movement ---> new identity "brown" ---> brown Pride

Can i come to this conclusion?
yeah, I guess you could. I'm not sure it's an organized government effort, though.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 18th, 2009, 2:48 pm

What exactly are you talking about? Brown pride could just plain mean pride in someone's race. There was gangs out there claiming brown pride & they didn't really believe in banging 13 or 14. Some bper's used to claim 13 & 14 tho. Like in Utah you had a gang called varrio brown pride that was made up of some Norteno & Sureno gangs out there, but I don't know how long that lasted. LIL ROB claims bp for pride in his race & says he don't bang his gang any more.

I once said on this site that I was trying to live a more of a Christian life & so in a way you could say I believe in bp, but you'll never see me kick it with Surenos. I'm basically just a Northerner that's trying to get his grown man on & not really set trip unless needed, plain & simple. Guess some took it different, but they could've just talked to me about it & then I think they would understand. I never said I was brown & proud, cuzz I'm actually of Latin-European descent. I'm not of Latin-American descent, but that's who I grew up with.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » June 19th, 2009, 8:06 am

MMRK thats real information, Silencio thanks for your input its reassuring to know im not entirely crazy

I would like to hear more

deftonero
What city do you live in now?: ESSJ

Unread post by deftonero » June 19th, 2009, 8:17 am

What is Brown Pride? Is there a universal definition? Is that different from Mexican Pride? I'm sure everyone has a different perspective on what Brown Pride even is..

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 23rd, 2009, 2:20 pm

deftonero wrote:What is Brown Pride? Is there a universal definition? Is that different from Mexican Pride? I'm sure everyone has a different perspective on what Brown Pride even is..
Your name makes me think of the old def mobb crew. Remember them? Well any way, some look at brown pride as a Mexicn thing. Some look at it as Latino thing, or a brown skin thing. I've even seen some Kurdish claim bp. BP seems to mean some racial stuff right now to some, cuzz I guess that's what they're making it out to be in parts of SO~CAL. Guess it could mean any of what we said, but it can differ depending on what it means to who is claiming it.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » July 2nd, 2009, 8:14 am

thats the problem in my opinion, ive seen punjabs in canada claim brown pride...wtf?!?!?!

Like you and i have said, if everyone is going around using there own definition for there own puposes, then mabye its a defunct idea, like white and black pride...

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 2nd, 2009, 12:44 pm

whiskeyjack wrote:thats the problem in my opinion, ive seen punjabs in canada claim brown pride...wtf?!?!?!

Like you and i have said, if everyone is going around using there own definition for there own puposes, then mabye its a defunct idea, like white and black pride...
Well black pride doesn't sound like I screwed up term... yet, at least as far as I know.

Klaxon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by Klaxon » July 19th, 2009, 10:26 pm

whiskeyjack wrote:
You need to distinguish between the legal and social uses of the word 'white'.

When the US took northern Mexico as its own, a part of the treaty with Mexico stipulated that the Mexicans in that territory would get citizenship rights in the US. At that time (the 1800s) you had to legally classified as 'White' in order to be considered a full-fledged citizen. Therefore it was necessary for Mexican-Americans to be counted as 'white' in order to fulfill the terms of the treaty.

However, Mexicans have never been accepted as 'white' in the social sense of the term. There has always been a racial divide. There was racial violence between Mexican-Americans and whites in Texas going back to the 1800s.

'Brown Pride' arose in a completely different time period (1950s-1960s) in California in a completely different context. It arose at the same time as and was related to Black Pride (for African-Americans), Yellow Pride (Asian Americans), Red Pride (Native Americans) etc. The purpose was to fight for equal rights for oppressed minorities. It was to create pride in minority communities and fight racist media/culture. It was to help establish some economic independence in minority communities. It had nothing to do with streetgangs or crime in any sort. One of the biggest organizations that represented Brown Pride was the United Farmworkers Union, a labor union organizing farmworkers (mostly Mexicans/Chicanos, but also Asians) in central California.

None of these are government-related. They aren't a government creation. However, the government did try to infiltrate them and bring them down, because they saw these Pride movements of all minorities as a threat to the status quo. Look up 'Operation COINTELPRO' for more information on that.

Hope that helps you...

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » August 12th, 2009, 6:08 am

honestly, it does help me.... you seem like a smart dude, want to share more inofration with me?

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » August 18th, 2009, 1:50 am

whiskeyjack wrote:what do you think?

you always got some dumb sh*t to say. this one has gotta be in your top 5. you make canadians look like a bunch of moose nut jugglers..

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » August 19th, 2009, 6:04 am

Not as dumb and stupid as sporting the idea that all old timers that are white should be labeled as terrorists...

If it was truely a dumb and stupid question like you say, why didnt i get a dumb a stupid repsonse from klaxon...?

Are you just mad that you actually didnt have anything constructive to say??

This is a stupid question:

Why aren’t elderly white males being profiled and called Terrorists?

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » April 22nd, 2010, 10:51 pm

i think some of you give the government too much credit, i dont think they got that kind of foresight, brown pride was somethin chicanos created to counter racism against us, and its a way for us to show our beautiful culture to everyone. besides BP is supposed to unite latinos not divide us. I faced alot of prejudice from gavachos in jr high when i went to school in a mostly white city n if wasn't for the homeboys tellin me about brown pride and the culture of my people i woulda gone crazy. listenin to rappers like frost n lil rob made me proud to be chicano, n now i can trace my mexican indian roots n that just makes me more proud of who i am.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » April 23rd, 2010, 10:17 am

I find it funny you dont think all the big gangs were created or result of the government!

Look @ Surenos and Northenos (proof right there) Anyone remember when there wasnt any of this shit?

Shit look @ bloods and crips!

Look @ BPS and GD

Look @ Latin Kings and Latin Disciples

Look @ Haitians and Jamaican gangs

Look @ MS vs 18

There is all one thing in common, they kill eachother, its called keeping something thats already big from expanding by spawning an enemey to keep them from BEING a super power! MExicans would OWN California if Eme and Ene were never MADE and just Viva La Mexico lol imagine that! Shit Blacks wouldnt be question if we ran LA Or CALI if all Blacks were under Black Panthers, anyone getting my drift?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 23rd, 2010, 2:22 pm

youngspade wrote:I find it funny you dont think all the big gangs were created or result of the government!

Look @ Surenos and Northenos (proof right there) Anyone remember when there wasnt any of this shit?

Look @ BPS and GD

Look @ MS vs 18

There is all one thing in common, they kill eachother, its called keeping something thats already big from expanding by spawning an enemey to keep them from BEING a super power! MExicans would OWN California if Eme and Ene were never MADE and just Viva La Mexico lol imagine that! Shit Blacks wouldnt be question if we ran LA Or CALI if all Blacks were under Black Panthers, anyone getting my drift?
The gov helped, but you can't blame them for all of it.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » April 23rd, 2010, 2:28 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
youngspade wrote:I find it funny you dont think all the big gangs were created or result of the government!

Look @ BPS and GD

Look @ MS vs 18

The gov helped, but you can't blame them for all of it.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: 1904

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » April 23rd, 2010, 2:54 pm

Silencioso wrote:
Brown Pride is a basically an updated version of Chicano Power, which was a product of the '60's civil rights movement. Mexicans in the SouthWest US were historically never fully embraced as white even when we were classified as white. The identity as "brown" was considered better than being a half-assed honorary "white".
That categorization is a trip. I looked at my moms birth cert. It said caucasian for race and she looks Native! Some Filipinos even mistaked her for a filipina once! Look at wanted posters of raza that look Indio or non-white, and the posters say white for race/ethnicity!

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 24th, 2010, 12:13 pm

19DAGO04 wrote:
Silencioso wrote:
That categorization is a trip. I looked at my moms birth cert. It said caucasian for race and she looks Native! Some Filipinos even mistaked her for a filipina once! Look at wanted posters of raza that look Indio or non-white, and the posters say white for race/ethnicity!
Most Mexican-Americans born before 1971 have white/caucasian on their birth certificate.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » April 27th, 2010, 7:59 pm

Look @ BPS and GD

Look @ MS vs 18

i dont buy into alot of government conspiracy theories, its all fun to speculate on but there's a better way to explain things. Gangs started in the first place because of discrimination from whites, i'm talkin back in the 30's n even before that on the East Coast, jews n italians were discriminated against right? so they formed gangs. You can say the racism was a government plan to create gangs that would later kill their own race, but it wasn't government agents beating, robbing, or killing these minorities on the streets, it was average white citizens. it's human nature to ally with your kind when you are threatened.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » April 27th, 2010, 11:27 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Discrimination = Government (Then they seen how powerful we were so what they did was explained below)

But what people dont understand what im saying is that! If all niggaz were under one umbrella aka (Black Panther Party) then we are too powerful, so the government help bereak us apart by giving some MONEY and a taste of WHITE wealth (What there starting to do to Mexicans Today) and Turning there back on ALOT of other Blacks in america! This. what im talking about is, text book shit! Trust me THE White man was cool with us UNTIL yall came in all for Mexico at first! Before the so-called east LA 1500s gangs but real shit! You cant lie and say mexicans dont get along like they used to but you can see its less about Mexico Pride and Honor but the Barrio! Same with Blacks but trust me look @ Ricky Ross (All Government, but RITE in the HOOD, this is not a joke) I know OF some cats who got the FEDS helping them operate aslong they open they mouth a little bit (You know who you are Niggard!) Its going on in the HOOD! Its crazy because they SELL everything from Pills to Crack or Cocaine in that spot along with Alcohol TOO! LOL!

BPS used to have all the gang first leaders of almost every gang you know present in chicago today IN IT, until the government stepped in, they were too powerful!

Surenos and Nortenos if they were together it would be really bad for law-enforcement on the streets and in california prisons!

This is an example of what the government has created in the LONG run, I just googled, "Why Was Surenos and Nortenos created? : Can anyone answer this than one called one farmers and the other called him a paisa?" and came across this! http://www.topix.com/forum/city/los-ang ... SMRDN24C4S

A Sureno :

i was born in los angeles and i moved to the bay area for a year and all chapetes are a bunch of cranium suckers they think they are hard but they always have to have the blacks stick up for then norcacaz are a discrace to the human and mexican race and if they were so down then why didnt La Eme want them when they started it up cuz chapsticks just suck cranium and are girls they can never fights on there own without having to get blacks involved and they are wannabe black people talking about surenos the surside has always been down for there oh yeah one last thing norcacaz are talking shit about how they are so crazy and down for theres and no sureno ever comes to there territory ok bull there are no chapetes in LA so thats how you know surenos are really down for there and will kill a norcaca but in the bay area there are alot of surenos in the bay and thats how you know that norcacaz are just talk cuz if they were so down as they say they are they would make sure there are no surenos in the bay o anywhere up north but insted thats how we no they are a bunch of cranium sucking black lovers and surenos will always be down for there and keep all norcacaz out of LA

A Norteno :

ALL SEWERRATA ARE JEALOUS OF NORTENOS. BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW WHICH COUNTRY TO RIDE FOR,ALL MIGHT NOT BE ALL IMMIGRANTS. BUT THEY BRING THAT IMMIGRANT /RACIST ATITUDE.ANGRY FOR SOME REASONS UNKNOWN.THEY WILL BE YOUR HOMMIE AT FRIST THAN STAB OR SHOT U WHILE UR BACK IS TURN.THEY REALLY TALK S..T WHEN THEY OUT# U BY 2 OR MORE.LIKE TO START THINGS THAN GO CALL THEIR HOMMIES AFTER GETTIN FOLDED.THEY HAVE SO MUCH LOYALITY TO THE OLD COUNTRY OF THEIR FORE FATHERS CAME FROM.AND THAT COUNTRY DONT CARE ABOUT THEM LITTLE BASTARDS MAKING THIS COUNTRY WORST. THE RAT IS TRAPED DEAD WITH CHEESE IN THEIR MOUTH. P.S TO THE NORTENOS STAY FLAME UP /KEEPIN THE RAT BUSTERS IN THEIR PLACE IN THE SEWER.

Whats sad is these guys will never see eachother in there life FOR SURE and they hate eachother, thats how they keep US all under a certain capita because everyone has enemies already! People get killed and they go an KILL 5 more well then Mexicans along wont be able to EXPAND to there actual potential (RIGHT?)

Black Panther Party pretty much had every black street corner on lock BUT even they had a small black enemy of idiots! But once they shutdown niggaz were given some GOOD jobs and wealth while some were lefted behind! When those blacks started showing off or some people had more money than others it caused a chain reaction to some having it and SOME noT having it! Then neighborhood block gangs were being formed everywhere to protect what was life of the Black Panther Parties strength and leaders! After we faught off most White/Jew/Latino gangs we had no purpose which caused niggaz to look AT other blacks and the no-unity era begun! (Crack Era. Blood/Crip Era) ! Anyone get my drift?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 28th, 2010, 1:24 am

youngspade wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Discrimination = Government (Then they seen how powerful we were so what they did was explained below)

But what people dont understand what im saying is that! If all niggaz were under one umbrella aka (Black Panther Party) then we are too powerful, so the government help bereak us apart by giving some MONEY and a taste of WHITE wealth (What there starting to do to Mexicans Today) and Turning there back on ALOT of other Blacks in america! This. what im talking about is, text book shit! Trust me THE White man was cool with us UNTIL yall came in all for Mexico at first! Before the so-called east LA 1500s gangs but real shit! You cant lie and say mexicans dont get along like they used to but you can see its less about Mexico Pride and Honor but the Barrio! Same with Blacks but trust me look @ Ricky Ross (All Government, but RITE in the HOOD, this is not a joke) I know OF some cats who got the FEDS helping them operate aslong they open they mouth a little bit (You know who you are Niggard!) Its going on in the HOOD! Its crazy because they SELL everything from Pills to Crack or Cocaine in that spot along with Alcohol TOO! LOL!

BPS used to have all the gang first leaders of almost every gang you know present in chicago today IN IT, until the government stepped in, they were too powerful!

Surenos and Nortenos if they were together it would be really bad for law-enforcement on the streets and in california prisons!

This is an example of what the government has created in the LONG run, I just googled, "Why Was Surenos and Nortenos created? : Can anyone answer this than one called one farmers and the other called him a paisa?" and came across this! http://www.topix.com/forum/city/los-ang ... SMRDN24C4S

A Sureno :

i was born in los angeles and i moved to the bay area for a year and all chapetes are a bunch of cranium suckers they think they are hard but they always have to have the blacks stick up for then norcacaz are a discrace to the human and mexican race and if they were so down then why didnt La Eme want them when they started it up because chapsticks just suck cranium and are girls they can never fights on there own without having to get blacks involved and they are wannabe black people talking about surenos the surside has always been down for there oh yeah one last thing norcacaz are talking shit about how they are so crazy and down for theres and no sureno ever comes to there territory ok bull there are no chapetes in LA so thats how you know surenos are really down for there and will kill a norcaca but in the bay area there are alot of surenos in the bay and thats how you know that norcacaz are just talk because if they were so down as they say they are they would make sure there are no surenos in the bay o anywhere up north but insted thats how we no they are a bunch of cranium sucking black lovers and surenos will always be down for there and keep all norcacaz out of LA

A Norteno :

ALL SEWERRATA ARE JEALOUS OF NORTENOS. BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW WHICH COUNTRY TO RIDE FOR,ALL MIGHT NOT BE ALL IMMIGRANTS. BUT THEY BRING THAT IMMIGRANT /RACIST ATITUDE.ANGRY FOR SOME REASONS UNKNOWN.THEY WILL BE YOUR HOMMIE AT FRIST THAN STAB OR SHOT U WHILE UR BACK IS TURN.THEY REALLY TALK S..T WHEN THEY OUT# U BY 2 OR MORE.LIKE TO START THINGS THAN GO CALL THEIR HOMMIES AFTER GETTIN FOLDED.THEY HAVE SO MUCH LOYALITY TO THE OLD COUNTRY OF THEIR FORE FATHERS CAME FROM.AND THAT COUNTRY DONT CARE ABOUT THEM LITTLE BASTARDS MAKING THIS COUNTRY WORST. THE RAT IS TRAPED DEAD WITH CHEESE IN THEIR MOUTH. P.S TO THE NORTENOS STAY FLAME UP /KEEPIN THE RAT BUSTERS IN THEIR PLACE IN THE SEWER.

Whats sad is these guys will never see eachother in there life FOR SURE and they hate eachother, thats how they keep US all under a certain capita because everyone has enemies already! People get killed and they go an KILL 5 more well then Mexicans along wont be able to EXPAND to there actual potential (RIGHT?)

Black Panther Party pretty much had every black street corner on lock BUT even they had a small black enemy of idiots! But once they shutdown niggaz were given some GOOD jobs and wealth while some were lefted behind! When those blacks started showing off or some people had more money than others it caused a chain reaction to some having it and SOME noT having it! Then neighborhood block gangs were being formed everywhere to protect what was life of the Black Panther Parties strength and leaders! After we faught off most White/Jew/Latino gangs we had no purpose which caused niggaz to look AT other blacks and the no-unity era begun! (Crack Era. Blood/Crip Era) ! Anyone get my drift?
They probably won't see each other, but the so called sureno seems like a straight netbanger.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 28th, 2010, 1:40 am

Youngspade check out 41st and central, it tells the story of the LA black panthers. these niggas was straight gangsta with it, and it made sense, since alot of them was ex gangstas (from slausons, gladiators, outlaws, etc. -black LA gangs that predated the b's and c's).

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » April 28th, 2010, 9:53 am

Fasho Pene!

Am I making sense to anyone but myself?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 28th, 2010, 11:44 am

youngspade wrote:Fasho Pene!

Yeah, you're making sense. I think most people understand that unity is better than division. The question is how to achieve unity.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 1st, 2010, 5:41 pm

youngspade wrote:Fasho Pene!

You know what spade? We might not agree with some things, but I forgot about something. There was a 14er shot caller that was working w/13er shot callers & had different ideas about how to bring together peace between the 2. The sad thing was that even tho he had some high ranking members supporting him, other shot callers didn't know & he was hit. He wanted both of them to work together w/the government, so they could set something up & this was a response:

"To whom this may concern

The State of California does not make deals with gangs or gang members, request denied.

Signed: Governer Pete Wilson".

I guess he ended up trying with Bill Clinton too & got a similar response. There's AmeriKKKa for you. No wonder people hated Pete Wilson so much.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » June 11th, 2010, 1:06 pm

spade you make some good points, but still like i said before I dont think the government has that kind of foresight and interest in manipulating how all this plays out on the streets. and this has been going on for decades so how is the manipulative torch passed on between generations of governing officials? n how did they know that discrimination would lead to gang wars WITHIN a race? wouldn't it make more sense to assume it would cause the race to revolt against whites?

I wasnt around in the 60's or 70's or 80's, so i dont know what went down and how it was in the calles, but I don't understand what you mean by taste of white wealth exactly and how if caused the civil race wars

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » June 13th, 2010, 10:49 am

MCD wrote:spade you make some good points, but still like i said before I dont think the government has that kind of foresight and interest in manipulating how all this plays out on the streets. and this has been going on for decades so how is the manipulative torch passed on between generations of governing officials? n how did they know that discrimination would lead to gang wars WITHIN a race? wouldn't it make more sense to assume it would cause the race to revolt against whites?

I wasnt around in the 60's or 70's or 80's, so i dont know what went down and how it was in the calles, but I don't understand what you mean by taste of white wealth exactly and how if caused the civil race wars

Naw not how its PLAYING out, but how we got SO much power, they funded us, we ran with it is what im saying!