What Have You Done To Support Reparations?

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
B.M.W-Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: What Have You Done To Support Reparations?

Unread post by B.M.W-Soldier » November 30th, 2004, 11:47 pm

se11 wrote:you people do realize that the white europeans bought black slaves from black african slave traders right? so technically the africans that sold slaves to the whites should be the ones giving you reparations.
Yea they also got slaves from middle eastern/arabs too so should I be running after bin laden?Everytime this issue is bought with blacks in the picture people bitch and whine about how blacks are lazy and don't wanna work or about how it was such a long time ago and how would the government even be able to tell who to give the money to but.It wasn't a problem to give money to the jews right?it wasn;t a problem to give money to the japanese right?so now why when it's the black people's turn reperations is a joke?blacks have only been truly free or should I see as free as the American government is gonna let them be for 40 some odd years your actually gonna try and tell me you don't know someone that's older then 40?and there's still jim crow laws in the south to this day.The fact of the matter is you can't in-slave someone for 400 years,tell them there free build laws to hold them down then bitch and whine because they had 40 years to better themselves what type of bull-shit is that.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 1st, 2004, 9:39 am

I hear your point BMW, especially when we still have a wide gap between equal opportunity and equal representation, but WHY do I a MEX-AMER whom had no part of the enslavement of the Black People, quite the contrary - Mexico opposed Anglo-Texans to hold slaves and prohibited slavery, that being one of the issues during the war for Tejas independence from Mejico - WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE WRONG DONE BY OTHERS - without my consent, and if you're going to have reporations - where does it end, because surely my ancestors would also fall into many sorts of wrongs that were done onto them including dispossesed of their lands under the guise that THE SOUTHWEST BECAME PART OF THE U.S. AFTER A CORRUPT DICTATOR SIGNED ON THE DOTTED LINE TO SAVE HIS OWN SKIN and the new administrating Goverment PUSHED OUT MANY OF MINE OUT OF THEIR RIGHTFUL LAND !

So where does it all end, and who pays for it ?

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 1st, 2004, 10:16 am

Maybe payments should be made to individuals that can prove that they have been severly affected by the governments wrong doings????

Just a thought?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 1st, 2004, 10:20 am

You mean like the JEWS that were enslaved and worked in the concentration camps of which German companies benefited from ?

So if a company of today became what it is on the profit from the sweat of their former slaves, that company should pay reporations ?

B.M.W-Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B.M.W-Soldier » December 1st, 2004, 10:37 am

lonewolf wrote:I hear your point BMW, especially when we still have a wide gap between equal opportunity and equal representation, but WHY do I a MEX-AMER whom had no part of the enslavement of the Black People, quite the contrary - Mexico opposed Anglo-Texans to hold slaves and prohibited slavery, that being one of the issues during the war for Tejas independence from Mejico - WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE WRONG DONE BY OTHERS - without my consent, and if you're going to have reporations - where does it end, because surely my ancestors would also fall into many sorts of wrongs that were done onto them including dispossesed of their lands under the guise that THE SOUTHWEST BECAME PART OF THE U.S. AFTER A CORRUPT DICTATOR SIGNED ON THE DOTTED LINE TO SAVE HIS OWN SKIN and the new administrating Goverment PUSHED OUT MANY OF MINE OUT OF THEIR RIGHTFUL LAND !

So where does it all end, and who pays for it ?
I understand you whole heartdly lone wolf my mex-american brother what I'm trying to say is there billions of tax dollars your and mine that go to countless other projects/divisons people etc that me and you have no say in whether it be in the past (countless efforts to kill Castro by the Kennedy administration) or the present with the ousting of saddam or the supposed bounty hunt for bin laden so why can't blacks get their share?in all reality I know blacks aren't going to get reperations because it has been a issue so long and is pretty much a joke in todays government and as you said many others also deserve reperations whether it be our native american brother,mexican brothers,central south american brothers,west indian even indonesian and asian but that will never happen because we are in a government in this day in age which doesn't care about it's people and it's people are to scared to stand up there just happy with the crumbs that there given but i for one want a slice of the fuckin cake to

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 1st, 2004, 11:13 am

NEVER SAY NEVER, a constant turn of the wheel of time is on-going every day, what I'm more interested in - is getting funds to our childrens education, to buy computers and materials, to raise the quality of our teachers, and to get Goverment sponsored subject topics out of the classrooms. It is a whole new ball game out there, and we can't just ask for some cheese and drop it at that. You're right, there is tons of greenbacks being sent to ally cronies, and there is the real issue that we should take up that is worthwhile for our beneficiary young ones.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 1st, 2004, 11:23 am

lonewolf wrote:You mean like the JEWS that were enslaved and worked in the concentration camps of which German companies benefited from ?

kinda like that

lonewolf wrote:So if a company of today became what it is on the profit from the sweat of their former slaves, that company should pay reporations ?

I'm sure there may still be companies out there operating that exploited slaves or indentured servants for service that were not paid or adequately paid for the time.
This could include latin americans, chinese americans (railroads) and so on. This could be a serious can of worms the government does not want to open.

As far as slaves: Native americans were enslaved to at some point. Flip side, not all blacks were slaves.

So should the descendants of free blacks get the cash too?? I guess all this would have to be worked out somehow.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » December 1st, 2004, 12:56 pm

B.M.W-Soldier wrote:
se11 wrote:you people do realize that the white europeans bought black slaves from black african slave traders right? so technically the africans that sold slaves to the whites should be the ones giving you reparations.
Yea they also got slaves from middle eastern/arabs too so should I be running after bin laden?Everytime this issue is bought with blacks in the picture people bitch and whine about how blacks are lazy and don't wanna work or about how it was such a long time ago and how would the government even be able to tell who to give the money to but.It wasn't a problem to give money to the jews right?it wasn;t a problem to give money to the japanese right?so now why when it's the black people's turn reperations is a joke?blacks have only been truly free or should I see as free as the American government is gonna let them be for 40 some odd years your actually gonna try and tell me you don't know someone that's older then 40?and there's still jim crow laws in the south to this day.The fact of the matter is you can't in-slave someone for 400 years,tell them there free build laws to hold them down then bitch and whine because they had 40 years to better themselves what type of bull-shit is that.

Because it didnt happen to THEM. It happened to their anscestors.
And as far as Jews and Japaneese go, reperations is complete bullsh*t for ANYONE. Sh*t happens to everyone, and you cant ask for a check everytime somthin sh*tty happens. If u could. I'd be a millionare.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 1st, 2004, 12:59 pm

If I had nickle for every time LOL :wink:

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » December 1st, 2004, 1:01 pm

Im goin on a penny wolf. LOL

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » December 1st, 2004, 2:51 pm

B.M.W-Soldier wrote:

why aren't you running after bin laden then? i never said blacks were lazy or anything or that they had 40 years to better themselves. all i am saying is, if you want reparations, shouldn't you be going to the africans and arabs that initally sold slaves?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 1st, 2004, 2:55 pm

i gotta sidetrack the issue a bit to make a point on slavery.

WHO CAN NAME ALL THE PEOPLES/NATIONS/RACES OF THE WORLD THAT HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED OVER THE SPAN OF TIME INTO SLAVERY ?

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » December 1st, 2004, 3:48 pm

Panik can. hahaha..

B.M.W-Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B.M.W-Soldier » December 1st, 2004, 3:51 pm

se11 wrote:
B.M.W-Soldier wrote:

why aren't you running after bin laden then? i never said blacks were lazy or anything or that they had 40 years to better themselves. all i am saying is, if you want reparations, shouldn't you be going to the africans and arabs that initally sold slaves?
Yes of course I do agree that arab nations did play a part but as a major role as you seem to be representing

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 4th, 2004, 8:51 pm

Kemosave wrote:Panik can. hahaha..
LOL, you sure do miss him don't you kIMO?

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » December 7th, 2004, 3:13 pm

NOT A DAMN THING!THE UNITED STATES IS NOT GONNA GIVE BLACK AMERICANS(DECENDANTS OF SLAVES IN THE UNITED STATES) MONEY LIKE THEY GIVE NATIVE AMERICANS

HELL 40 ACRES AND A MULE TO BLACK PEOPLE THAT’S A LOT OF LAND WHICH WAS NOT GIVEN TO

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 8th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Reparations, first and foremost, is a US issue, not the issue of the africans who ASSISTED in selling other africans into slavery. You do remember who actually commited the enslaving?

Reparations, in it's truest definiton, will never come in the form of payment to a mass group of black americans and then follow up with a "I'm sorry" to it. Are you kidding? We are, however, experiencing reparations in a small degree in another form, and that's the growing number of black youth graduating from college, the growing number of black millionaires thru sports, entertainment, business and world economics. Mexicans are also experiencing a sort of reparations, becoming the number one minority in the US and fast becoming the group of people with the most spending power in the US. I read the other day that Latinos are the second largest group behind whites that are buying stock on the NYSE......so reparations might not come, but in due time some type of payback will happen, believe that!!

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » December 8th, 2004, 2:55 pm

I pay reparations to the tune of about 40% of my income when I'm working.. lol.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 8th, 2004, 3:10 pm

Kemosave wrote:I pay reparations to the tune of about 40% of my income when I'm working.. lol.

I just fell off my chair laughin' on that one...same here homie.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » February 11th, 2008, 1:00 pm

Skrewdriver
What city do you live in now?: austin texas

Unread post by Skrewdriver » June 16th, 2008, 8:38 am

Not a damn thing. I will however invest as much time and energy necessary to make sure that so-called "reparations" never happen. I'm not gonna have even more money taken from me to give even more hand-outs to blacks. Nope, no way, never. If you want a hand-out apply for welfare. I already pay for that, I ain't paying for yet another hand-out program.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » June 16th, 2008, 9:04 am

LOL Letting Mexicans immigrants into the US without checking them is basically reparations, no?

thekinks1886
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by thekinks1886 » June 18th, 2008, 3:32 am

ha ha "reparations" very funny

Show me a 200 year old slave and a 200 year old slave owner and maybe we can get the slave owner to give a few dollars

I don't owe shit to anybody on the basis of their skin colour, if someone wants to shround themselves in a victim coat, just because they are black, fu ck them, they should take responsibility for their own actions instead of begging

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 18th, 2008, 7:42 pm

responsibilities for their own actions ?????? is english ur second language or somthin

if ur family ain paid mine....my grand kids have the right to go ask ur grandkids fo they fuckin money......its like a will...ur money wil become ur kids money and they kids money its the same shit...u take care of ur grandkids grandkids by jst takin care of ur kids

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 19th, 2008, 7:24 pm

man mcminister they understand that shit but they aint gonna be right, they mentality is you got fucked, gonna continue to get fucked and thats it. White people constantly talk about victim mentality, so I think the only shit they understand is if you make them a victim...seems like what they do is do what they please and tell you to deal with it. Anyways, why you trippin off this fool? According to his location he is in Ireland so what he gotta say on some American shit?

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 21st, 2008, 10:05 pm

perongregory wrote:man mcminister they understand that shit but they aint gonna be right, they mentality is you got #%@&, gonna continue to get #%@& and thats it. White people constantly talk about victim mentality, so I think the only shit they understand is if you make them a victim...seems like what they do is do what they please and tell you to deal with it. Anyways, why you trippin off this fool? According to his location he is in Ireland so what he gotta say on some American shit?

shiit u right homie...i don be readin the locations on these foo's...yea ur right peron real shit as usual, i shudnt even respond to they hoe ass....shiit im trippin off some drink man...syrup

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 22nd, 2008, 3:43 pm

perongregory wrote: White people constantly talk about victim mentality, so I think the only shit they understand is if you make them a victim...
true!

i wonder how many even know how they benefitting from what their white foreparents did to Blacks. But they saying they dont owe? They benifiting in more ways then they think.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » June 23rd, 2008, 5:30 pm

-im curious, would the romanian government owe me reparations because my ancestors were enslaved? the gypsies were freed from slavery around the same time as the africans in america......

-where is the money owed to me, how come iam not recieving anything from the grandchildren of the people who oppressed my ancestors?
-my people over there are getting treated the same as the africans in america
-some people when they find out im part gypsie shun me, even though i look white... my brothers dont even tell other people there part gypsie there ashamed to admit it (victim in who you are mentality)

i wonder how many even know how they benefitting from what their white foreparents did to Blacks. But they saying they dont owe? They benifiting in more ways then they think.
im curious as to what you mean? can u expand on this?

OH i know what you mean

the british they made everything catered to people who looked and thought like them, dam

i guess iam guilty, guilty of being white and your jealous

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » June 23rd, 2008, 5:36 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in ... population

The Romanian abolitionist movement was also influenced by the much larger movement against Black slavery in the United States through press reports and through a translation of Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin. Translated by Theodor Codrescu and first published in Iaşi in 1853, under the name Coliba lui Moşu Toma sau Viaţa negrilor în sudul Statelor Unite din America (which translates back as "Uncle Toma's Cabin or the Life of Blacks in the Southern United States of America"), it was the first American novel to be published in Romanian, and it included a foreword study on slavery by Mihail Kogălniceanu.[123]

looks like we have something in common

so if a black person is living in Romania, he is receiving the benefits from my ancestors who were slaves right?

trust me i know no one cares

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » June 25th, 2008, 7:37 pm

i do not and will not support reparations

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » July 1st, 2008, 7:19 pm

I am the one who should receive reperations from the Turks after 500 years of rule and slavery.

What did I receive? Nothing. Should I give to blacks what I should receive myself being that my ancestors were slaves under Turks, which included black people as part of some Turks? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Period. I think I should receive reperations from black people for all the suffering in my life while I was in Canada because of gangsta rap and stupid crap like that, to be honest.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » July 3rd, 2008, 12:31 pm

pleaaaase&^^^

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”