How Do You Feel About Illegal Aliens Getting A Drivers Licsn

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
Michelle

Re: How Do You Feel About Illegal Aliens Getting A Drivers L

Unread post by Michelle » September 26th, 2004, 12:51 pm

It is ridiculous that someone who doesn't belong here or pay taxes to kep our roads and freeways safe should be able to use them.

My mum somehow dodged the tax system,.. (just as bad?) childminding-all paid in hand, no cheque, no record of any money going in. Then again, she never got many kids to look after.Not, many people wan't to leave their babies in a cramped council flat, they wan't to get what they pay for I guess.. Still, we lived quite comfortably.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 26th, 2004, 1:17 pm

Panik wrote:my point is this. I come from an immigrant family too. My grandfather and grandmother came through ellis island and didn;t speak a word of english. The difference is they came in legally. Once they got here, they worked and paid taxes. They made sure their children learned english and went to school, they never broke a law while under temporary status, then they were made full fledged citizens. The first step is COMING HERE LEGALLY. If you are a mexican, or from nywhere else, and you do not have a criminal record, and you have some type of work history, you can apply for legal entry and residence. We have laws that allow hundreds of thousands of people a year to do this. The problem is that a lot of these people have criminal records in their home countries, or have no job history. If you were a criminal, we don;t want you, we have enough of our own. If you just spent your life sitting on your ass at home, we don;t need anymore of those either. If you just do this and come here legally, I have no problem. But if your first act is to break the law to get here, then what does the future hold? More law breaking and cutting corners, and we DO NOT NEED THIS.
Streight up Panik I coulda said it better.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 26th, 2004, 1:42 pm

Michelledope wrote:
It is ridiculous that someone who doesn't belong here or pay taxes to kep our roads and freeways safe should be able to use them.
My mum somehow dodged the tax system,.. (just as bad?) childminding-all paid in hand, no cheque, no record of any money going in. Then again, she never got many kids to look after.Not, many people wan't to leave their babies in a cramped council flat, they wan't to get what they pay for I guess.. Still, we lived quite comfortably.
I kind of like that under the table pay system in a weird way. I just need to clairify a term you used for the American readers.

Council Flats = Projects but not as ruthless

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 26th, 2004, 2:06 pm

As long as your payn i dont see a problem, under the table or legit as long as that money gets to who it should be whats the difference?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 26th, 2004, 2:53 pm

Michelledope wrote:

but you from england, I don't care if you pay taxes or not. But yes, if you do that here you are a piece of shit becasue you are making me pay for you're street, sidewalk, hospital, sewer system, and for your kids to go to school.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » September 26th, 2004, 9:04 pm

X
Last edited by cbi562 on October 4th, 2004, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michelle

Unread post by Michelle » September 27th, 2004, 3:46 am

Panik wrote:but you from england, I don't care if you pay taxes or not. But yes, if you do that here you are a piece of shit becasue you are making me pay for you're street, sidewalk, hospital, sewer system, and for your kids to go to school.
Well yes but I pay my tax. I said my mum didn't, which isn't my fault. I know what it's like to work so hard and have half of your wage go into gordon's pocket, the more you work the more poorer you get the way I see it, it puts me off doing any overtime, especially when you barely get anything in the first place.
Common Sense wrote: I kind of like that under the table pay system in a weird way.
if only we could all do that. wishful thinking eh?

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 27th, 2004, 9:13 am

It would be interesting to view some realistic statistics regarding those who just dropped out of the system (idle social security numbers) and those who never bothered to get a social security number alive today.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 27th, 2004, 10:19 am

cbi562 wrote:
ViolentJoe wrote:As long as your payn i dont see a problem, under the table or legit as long as that money gets to who it should be whats the difference?
You think under-the-table economy is good. It is good for you, but its not for the government. I never worked at a job in my whole life to make money. It is hard to buy a car or many other things when you do not have a checc stub coming in from a registered business. Many suspicions arise of how those funds are accumulating. If there is no legal source of where your money is coming from, your going to have a hard time with the government. One example would be going to open a bank account and depositin 100 grand - the IRS will flag, freeze, and investigate that account until shown proper documents. Im not sure what the limit these days on IRS flaggin accounts. Now for all smart cats that makin that big dollar, we all know the loophole to this. :)
I mean as long as it helps the country and gets to the government then whats the problem?

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » September 27th, 2004, 1:24 pm

IF ILLEGALS ARE ALLOWED TO GET A DRIVERS LICENSE, IT WILL FORCE THEM TO GET INSURANCE, PAY TAXES ON REGISTRATIONS, AND CARRY INSURANCE. REMEMBER, YOU CANT GET A DRIVERS LICENSE WITHOUT INSURANCE. (UNLESS THEY'VE CHANGED THINGS) AND REMEMBER, ALL THESE ILLEGALS MAKE THE COUNTRY RUN. THEY PICK FRUITS, WORK AT JOBS THAT NO ONE ELSE WANTS (SERVICE SECTOR) AND WILL DO THE HARD LABOR JOBS. WITHOUT THEM IN THIS COUNTRY, THIS COUNTRY WOULDNT RUN. POINT BLANK PERIOD!!!

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME U SAW SOME WHITE DUDE PICKING FRUIT OR WORKING AT A RESTAURAUNT WASHING DISHES??? IT DOESNT HAPPEN, WHITES ARE LAZY AND DONT HAVE A GOOD WORK ETHIC. THEY STAND BY THE FREEWAY WITH SIGNS THAT SAY, "VIETNAM VET, PLEASE HELP" WHILE LATINOS SELL ORANGES, CHERRIES, OR ROSES TO MAKE A LIVING. THINK ABOUT THAT..

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 27th, 2004, 1:39 pm

we allow hundreds of thousands of "legal" immigrants every year that can pick the fruit and slang roses and oranges, and for every one of those, there are 3 ofthem standing with a beer in front of the home depot, or in front of the liquir store pghone booth, or in one of our jails. This means that we have more than we need, so logically, they need to slo their roll. We allow a couple hunred thousand per year becasue that is how many the economy can take. When a million a year come over, all it does is clog the system and drag everyone down.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 27th, 2004, 1:53 pm

I say let them learn the rules of the road, pass the test, and have a license like everyone else. But the truth is if they can't afford the $300.00 scratch to file for residency, they can't afford no auto insurance. They got it tough either way if you ask me.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 27th, 2004, 2:08 pm

Kemosave wrote:I say let them learn the rules of the road, pass the test, and have a license like everyone else. But the truth is if they can't afford the $300.00 scratch to file for residency, they can't afford no auto insurance. They got it tough either way if you ask me.
man they got loopholes all day long. drive through santan ana and there are stores that already cater to the legal immigrants. They have signs like AUTO INSURANCE $17.99 a month. Well the trick is that they sell 1 month policies with no obligation to renew, but they come on one year papers. So you go in and pay $17 and show the dmv your paper and then never payagain. Whatever insurance company it is only has to worry about you getting in a wreck for a month, then you get canceleld, but you get to keep the papers as proof of insurance that will never be proven as fake until you get hit by one of these winners and try to file a claim. Then the company denies it because the person hasn;t paid their premiums and the policy was cancelled. This happened to me twice where my insurance company had to pay for me getting hit, and the people that hit me disappeared and there insurance was long canceled.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » September 27th, 2004, 2:13 pm

Kemosave wrote:I say let them learn the rules of the road, pass the test, and have a license like everyone else.

i kind of agree with that because they do drive anyways so might as well make them learn how to drive the right way. my homie almost ended up in jail for beating some illegal who hit him and tried getting away. and this kind of stuff happened to alot of people i know.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 27th, 2004, 2:54 pm

Yes you are right Panik. I see those storefronts in every downtown area Los Angeles and Santa Ana for sure. I just never stopped in to check the terms!!! Lol.. So that's how it works.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 27th, 2004, 7:39 pm

I'm reading up and working on a debate on this thread, bound to get good if Panico and Kimo-Sabe is on it with me.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 27th, 2004, 8:05 pm

1st off people, having a drivers licence is a privilege, not a right.
2nd, Mexican citizens can drive legally in California or any other State for that fact with a valid Mexican drivers licence.
As long as that person does not remain in the State for more than 30 days, because then you would have to register your new address here and apply for a local licence.
Now we all know that they are here and they are not leaving, so lets suppose that they get into an accident or get pulled over by P.D. and they have one of these Mex' licence, WHO'S TO PROVE THAT THEY LIVE HERE, since the P.D. under the rules of engagement can only ask for Drivers Licence, Vehicle Registration & Proof of Insurance, right ?
"And thousands of them do have these, especially down here in San Diego, with many legal residents even having their vehicles registered with Mex' licence plates to avoid the dreaded "smog check".

So then the question becomes not so much as to drivers licence, but obtaining a valid form of I.D. right ?

The arguments have come out as to vehicle insurance and driving legally so that these don't have to go on a tv news chase on the freeway when involved in one, also the unrelenting terrorist threat and identity proof, as well as them on illegal status, therefore not having the same rights that a citizen or legal resident has, RIGHT.

To be continued after a reply.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 27th, 2004, 9:37 pm

I don't think it matters whether they live here or not. If they get pulled over and are illegal, they should be on the next thing smokin back to wherever they are from. Anaheim was doing this for a while and people were protesting, not sure if they stopped or not, but they said taht that were spending as much money jailing and pulling over and impounding cars from illegals as from actuall citizens, so they said that it was only fair to send them home, so they did. Anyone pulled over without proper documentation for being in the country was deported. Good idea I think.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 27th, 2004, 9:47 pm

PANIK CHEC YOUR PM

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 27th, 2004, 9:52 pm

The point that I was trying to make was that the issue really is about having a form of I.D. that is acceptable, not necessarily a drivers licence, that is why the MATRICULA CONSULAR is being issued to Mexican citizens by the Mexican Consulates and sponsored by Banks and Real Estate Agencies - because under the lie and fraud that the illegals do not contribute their fair share - the fact remains that these two finacial groups recognize the buying power and economical force in this "undocumented population", and guess what else "the airlines" accept them as a valid form of identification, so there goes your "terrorist argument" how "if these people were to obtain a drivers licence".
One more for you - the United States House of "Representatives" have already shot down a measure that would of prohibited banks and others from accepting these Matriculas as a valid form of I.D. - with the arguments like "having a conciousness about how you have to grow and live as a person" in these United States.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 27th, 2004, 9:58 pm

and........... So what, they do not need a valid form of ID. If they belonged here they would have one, so if they don't goodbye. I'm too tired to do this, and I think we've done it before lonewolf, but they do not contribute their fair share, they give peanuts compared to the legal immigrants and citiizens, so they can all go home as far as I'm concerned.

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » September 27th, 2004, 10:02 pm

IM ALL FOR PEOPLE TRYIN TO MAKE THEIR LIVES BETTER, LIVE GOOD, AND WHAT NOT. BUT IF U KANT BE HERE LEGALLY LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE, WHY SHOULD U HAVE THE BENEFITS AS EVERYBODY ELSE???

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 27th, 2004, 10:02 pm

Now now Panico, you're not losing your temper are you ?
What's the matter, the U.S. Goverment don't play by your hatred ?
Did your arguments not make the cut for the response I put up ?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 27th, 2004, 10:11 pm

what I'm saying wolfie is that I have already in another argument with you made the points that make what you have said irrelevant, and you admitted as much by saying that you saw my point. I am really tired, I have to go to work and do not feel like arguing with you all over again when I have already seen that you cannot refute anything that I am gonna say to you. You are wrong and you are trying to fill up another thread with the same BS. And it's not hatred. I got love for 150,000 or whatever the number is of LEGAL MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS that we allow into the country every year. They deserve everything america has to offer. The illegals are not only breaking the law just to get here, but then they steal money out of my check, and food off of citizens plates, and education from citizens children. F'em and anybody that looks like 'em. Every one that comes in here and F's shi- up is pissing on the graves of every American that did it right, and they are dragging our standard of livimng right down into the gutter like the place they are running from. I say shoot 'em at the border. Is that clear enough? And quit F'ing with my name. I am not panico. It's Big Panik Lok homie, and yeah, you have pissed me off. Acting like the mexican DX in here spittin BS and wating my time.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 27th, 2004, 10:14 pm

Cool deal Panico, go on with your dreams, because tomorrow "its back to reality".

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 27th, 2004, 11:29 pm

Should Police act as another branch of LA MIGRA ?
If so, then any number of countless crimes can be committed against undocumented people without the fear of prosecution, because the undocumented people would not call Police out of fear of being deported, therefore the "real criminals" would be exempt from the "law".
Maybe even worse, the undocumented people would take the law unto their own hands, since Police would not be a viable option for them to have recourse to.

As to non-tax paying: Many undocumented people work with false or borrowed SSN, and they are deducted taxes just like the rest of us, but they can not file for tax returns on the count of either having false SSN, or the loaner of the SSN will collect on the refund as an agreement with the person borrowing the SSN.
Either way, taxes are payed, and in most cases the refunds not claimed.
Check on the unclaimed millions with the IRS.

As to not paying their share: "NEITHER DO THE RICH", they always have good tax attorneys that find the loopholes, and manage to save "tons of peanuts".
How about those Companies that hire people with disabilities, whom are payed low wages with no benefits, while those people don't complain because the mental capacity or the ability to realize that they are being used and abused is beyond them, yet still the companies get the tax breaks and credits for these labor practices, again saving "tons of peanuts".

Distributing licences to non-legals would make it easier for terrorists to enter - how so ?
Terrorists would first have to enter in order to obtain a driver licence, and if they entered the country - then the problem is at the entry point - not the obtaining of a licence.

But does anybody remeber the not so long ago past when anyone could apply, take the tests and get a driver license ?
How many decades did we have this in place ?
How many terrorists among those ?
For decades this was the norm - and I do beleive that terrorist are created by other factors - not by obtaining a driver license.

If they're given driver licenses, it would open an arena of other services:

You mean like obtaining health insurance, opening a bank account, or maybe buying a house ?
Because if you're talking about them being able to obtain Goverment assistance in regards to money, health insurance and housing, guess what "it is already illegal for non-citizens - including legal residents - to obtain these services", so who is the real abuser of these programs ?

Much of their earnings not spent here:

Neither are those that outsource jobs to overseas, and put you out in the street, because there is better profit in giving your job to someone outside the United States.
But go figure, if these people don't send money to their loved ones back home, then you best not bet your lil' tight ass that greater numbers of those people won't come too.

Now someone said that what if Americans were the ones sneaking into Mexico and driving down there without a license.

There is no need to sneek into Mejico, "we" drive accross every day, and if you dare drive in Mexico's cities, you already earned your stripes in those wild streets - for sure grandmas or chinese don't cut it down here, LOL. :lol:

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 28th, 2004, 1:54 am

boy Panik you Really do think your'e a SuperThug don't you Big Panik Lok huh? LoL guess that's another thing you can do better than the ,"Niggers and Spicks" too right, is Bang?, the Super white thug Panik Flying through the air with his Cape on!!!!!!!!!! LMAO, and a remote control to get to the History Channel quickly If you get mad about trivial stuff like what wolf said, you are just as LAME as you say all those who don't agree with you are. So what you gonna do now SuperThug Hunt us all down? LMAO Get the F--k outta here with that Bullsh_t!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 28th, 2004, 2:00 am

Oh, and a PATRIOTIC Superthug Too, Wow The only thing that is missing is your sidekick, we know who that is don't we mr,"Big Panik Lok" you guys have the,"White Cave", as your hideout too LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 28th, 2004, 7:39 am

anur, you will get no more replies. I think you are just DX under a new screen name becasue everyone was ignoring your posts. You still have done nothing since you got here but twist history around and makce shi- up. You are not worthy of any more of my time. I have probably addressed anything you will ever have to say, so just do a search on my posts.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 28th, 2004, 8:28 am

as for you lonewolf. I never said that the DL's had anything to with terrorism. Two different subjects. And terrorism is not even my main concern of the border in Mexico, it's one of many. As for the taxes, you can try to weasel your way out of it, but the fact remains they do not pay their fair share. And the ones that use a different SS#, they are guilty of fraud. Why don;t you look at it this way. There are milllions of people that want to become Americans all over the world. Many of these are willing to go through proper procedures to get here and participate in the normal duties of being a citizen. There are some who would sooner break the law to get here, and continue to break the law a nd cut corners once they are here. Which do you want to become citizens? It's like cutting in line but worse. You have people who but their ass for years to get here, then you have some little fukkers who sneak in and ruin it for others. Even if we give amnesty to these that are already here, they already have a bad track record. THey are not good people, they are criminals from day one, and they will teach their kids the same shittty values. We DO NOT NEED MORE SHITTTTY PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY. We have enough homoe grown A-holes and do not need to import more.

Do you understand this? Can you look at it from an outsiders point of view? It is wrong to reward ANYONE for breaking the law. And every illegal alien has done it. And of course, the rich have loopholes and avoid their share of taxes too, but that is a different problem. You don't point the finger at someone else to avoid the topic. THEY ARE ALREADY CITIZENS. And they are a problem, does it mean we should just let the entire world take advantage of us too? And you can blame those loopholes on the republicans and bushes new tax cuts just made it worse. But none of this changes the fact that anyone using a fake ss# is lying on their application. If you ran a business, and you caught a citizen lying on their application, they would be fired on the spot. Why should it be different for an illegal?

Also, I never said that they use or abuse the housing. They do abuse the welfare, all they need to do is pop out a kid on our soil, and then the checks start comin. And even without kids they are a drain to ALL PUBLIC SERVICES. I am using logical arguments without bias. I am biased, but I do not let that enter into my reasoning. You have not made one valid point, only excuses and finger pointing. You know what I say is true, you know that it is not fair to anyone else, yet you stand by it. ARE YOU ILLEGAL LONEWOLF? Is that why you are getting so butt hurt? Every single illegal alien is a liar, a criminal, and a thief, stealing money from us, andthey should all be punished. There will come a day. A day when certain areas like LA become a 3rd world area. When taxes can no longer supposrt the population. When the sewer systems are overloaded and streets are so full of holes you can't frive you car down them. You will no longer have running water, and no toilet to flush. No police to call when there is trouble, and not enough schools, so the kids have to just sit in the street all day. Whne things like this happen, all hell will break loose. Why let it get to that point? And when something like this happens, what are wou gonna say? Who are you gonna blame? When LA is no better than the cities of Mexico people flock here from, who will be to blame? Will you point the finger at me? At rich white people? It's not my fault, it won't be their fault, it will be yours, for supporting this BS.

And like I said before, all people are guilty, Mexicans aren;t the only ones, they are just the worst offenders in numbers. And for some reason that I cannot figure out, they seem to be the least interested in making a better life for themselves and their children (not always, but much more so than any other nationality that has ever immigrated here). WHile everyone else comes here and learns the language and makes it a point for their kids to learn english and go to school so they can grow up to get good jobs, for the most part, the illlegla mexican is happy to come here and never learn english, they don;t care if their kids do, they don;t care if their kids graduate and get good jobs, they are happy to just be here and act just like they did where they came from. And then they wonder why they still live in F'ed up neighborhoods, and why they have to work shittty jobs. They just do not have the same values and motivations as everyone else. Can you exxplain that? And don;t say it's because they want to preserve their culture, or that this used to be mexico or none of that, because if your culture is poor, and your country has been a failure since the beginning, there should be no logical reason to hold on to that. Mexico is now, and has always been a crappy, poor country, through no fault of anyone but it's own leaders and people for voting them in. It is a corrupt, morale wasteland. You should not want to bring any of that with you when coming to a new place.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 28th, 2004, 9:49 am

I understand Panik. I've looked up the stats and I understand what you are saying. You are correct. I just have a big heart. Maybe too big. And lonewolf it's save Kemo backwards. Get it? It's a nod to the traditional values of our grandparents generation.

Also, I don't think it's really you in your right mind saying those things. Seems more like you were bitten by Serphant Doobie. Don't you know you're supposed to resist the poison and get to the nearest emergency room for antivenom treatments? Haha.. lol. Peace.
Last edited by Kemosave on September 28th, 2004, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 28th, 2004, 9:50 am

anurwarizra wrote:Oh, and a PATRIOTIC Superthug Too, Wow The only thing that is missing is your sidekick, we know who that is don't we mr,"Big Panik Lok" you guys have the,"White Cave", as your hideout too LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And where are you hiding out? Probably under a trashcan at the city dump. Get a life.

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”