Mexicans in Pictures WHAT RACE AM I?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Mexicans in Pictures WHAT RACE AM I?

Unread post by mayugastank » April 4th, 2011, 3:09 pm

The people of Mexico-WHITE/INDIAN and MESTIZO.........which predominates and which are clearly nothing more then dark featured whites-like all those below.
Attachments
jasmine byrne.jpg
Mestiza
jasmine byrne.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 8326 times
imagesCADYKF1D.jpg
imagesCADYKF1D.jpg (6.56 KiB) Viewed 8326 times
images.jpg
images.jpg (6.44 KiB) Viewed 8326 times
bibi gaytan.jpg
White by any other name
bibi gaytan.jpg (4.62 KiB) Viewed 8326 times

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Mexicans in Pictures WHAT RACE AM I?

Unread post by mayugastank » April 4th, 2011, 3:12 pm

Gloria Trevi-Thalia-Veronica Castro............MEXICAN? EUROPEAN BORN IN MEXICO?
Attachments
thalia.jpg
Thalia
thalia.jpg (9.53 KiB) Viewed 8325 times
lucero.jpg
lucero-
lucero.jpg (7.5 KiB) Viewed 8325 times
imagesCA0Q2KH9.jpg
Gloria Trevi
imagesCA0Q2KH9.jpg (8.77 KiB) Viewed 8325 times

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 4th, 2011, 3:17 pm

WHITE. Just exactly really percentages of Mexicans look this way?
Attachments
GetAttachment.jpg
GetAttachment.jpg (5.66 KiB) Viewed 8325 times
Veronica Castro.jpg
Veronica Castro.jpg (7.18 KiB) Viewed 8325 times
Lucia Mendez.jpg
Lucia Mendez.jpg (7.7 KiB) Viewed 8325 times

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 4th, 2011, 3:30 pm

Clearly WHITE. Entire Swaths of Guadalajara/Sinaloa/Michoacan/Yucatan are completely white european -even those of mixed extraction resemble these people, in bone structure.
Attachments
vincente fox.jpg
Vincente Fox WHITE BOY
vincente fox.jpg (8.25 KiB) Viewed 8324 times
perla beltran.jpg
Perla Beltran Sinaloa born WHITE GIRL
perla beltran.jpg (10.69 KiB) Viewed 8324 times
Cartel Leader LA BARBIE.jpg
EL BARBIE CARTEL LEADER-WHITE BOY
Cartel Leader LA BARBIE.jpg (8.36 KiB) Viewed 8324 times

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 4th, 2011, 3:39 pm

The original look of the indegenous Mexican -what percentage of Mexicans actually look like this?
Attachments
vz8B.jpg
Fernando Valenzuela
vz8B.jpg (32.28 KiB) Viewed 8323 times
India Maria.jpg
India Maria.jpg (8.73 KiB) Viewed 8323 times

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » April 4th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Vicente Fox's roots are Spanish and Irish, European, like most of the ones pictured. Fernando and Indian Maria have the typical Mestizo look. it a trip man cause I got family of all complexions from brown to that very pale Northern European complexion.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 4th, 2011, 5:57 pm

J~

Most Mexicans do. What I am searching for is feet on the ground -personal observations on what race we are. I mean I can walk down today in Whittier and see ZERO mexicans of the India Maria category--clearly even the darker latinos are Caucasian like. I believe it wasnt till the small towns of Mexico began pouring their people into America that I actually saw the India Maria type female and male. I am trying to shoot for personal observations of what people see as most of. IT wasnt till I really began exploring race that I begun to see Mexicans as white/asiatic and mestizo. On a daily basis the majority of Mexicans I come across would be 1. WHITE with brown skin and dark features semiliar to an Italiano or Greek 2. heavily mixed mestizo 1 generation shy of being almost white. 3. small amounts of hardcore Indigenous Mexicans.

I am curious if my bias ass is on point or if I am seeing things mistakenly.
Attachments
thumbnailCAZGCMCS.jpg
ARELLANO FELIX WHITEBOY?
thumbnailCAZGCMCS.jpg (12.09 KiB) Viewed 8315 times
thumbnailCAX36WIU.jpg
Los BUKIS -WHITE BOY
thumbnailCAX36WIU.jpg (9.44 KiB) Viewed 8315 times
Luis-Miguel-Amarte-Es-Un-Placer-Delantera.jpg
Luis Miguel -WHITEBOY
Luis-Miguel-Amarte-Es-Un-Placer-Delantera.jpg (65.09 KiB) Viewed 8315 times

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 4th, 2011, 6:08 pm

REALLY? These people are Mexican? What is Mexican about them? CLEARLY WHITE. CLEARLY EUROPEAN. CLEARLY NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO AN AZTEC/MAYA.
Attachments
02fsc0l.jpg
Carrillo Fuentes Drug Kingpin-WHITE?
02fsc0l.jpg (6.08 KiB) Viewed 8315 times
thumbnailCA1D3MSS.jpg
Presidente Calderon -WHITEBOY
thumbnailCA1D3MSS.jpg (14.43 KiB) Viewed 8315 times
thumbnailCAEJNLWX.jpg
mexican actress-WHITEGIRL
thumbnailCAEJNLWX.jpg (9.06 KiB) Viewed 8315 times

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 4th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Race in Mexico is a tricky subject-a good way to annihilate your enemys is to send in white plants and teach them spanish while -claiming country of origin supplants race. Mexico has one of the highest concentrations of European bloodlines in all Latin America along with Venezuela-Chile-Costa Rica. Is it a wonder we interacial date the most by far with whites?
Attachments
imagesCA8VIZSN.jpg
Whiter then most Italians......WHITEBOY
imagesCA8VIZSN.jpg (7.38 KiB) Viewed 8315 times
gael_garcia.jpg
GAEL-GARCIA-WHITEBOY
gael_garcia.jpg (6.2 KiB) Viewed 8315 times
thumbnailCAUWFNUA.jpg
Soap Actress from Sinaloa-WHITE GIRL
thumbnailCAUWFNUA.jpg (3.87 KiB) Viewed 8315 times

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » April 5th, 2011, 12:11 am

The thing with celebrities in Mexico is you get a lot of 'em coming over from other Latin countries and even Europe that really have zero to no ties. novelas in Mexico are world renown, it's a destination for inspiring/actors so you're getting folks from all over, and then there's the other folks that come from its beauty. (Even though we know the country is in chaos right now.)

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » April 5th, 2011, 6:14 am

From my 4 month personal experience in Mexico, i seen in the north alot of mexicans with european features (like alot), even the ones with brown skin looked like brown skinned white people. Even the light skinned brown people in San luis potosi can pass as white people in Canada just like sicilians and greeks pass as white here....I noticed alot of un mixed natives in Oaxaca and Chiapas, but there were still alot of brown folks with beards, wide eyes and non curly hair that still showed european features. Than i remember being in Puebla and seeing alot of whites the same as hermosillo....

Although this is only anecdotal observations

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 5th, 2011, 11:36 am

Its what I am asking Whiskeyjack thanks. I look like any of these latinos and here in Los Angelos everyone acknowledges how some latinos look, so people werent too surprised by how European/Italiano or Greek I looked. When Ive travelled across America, theyve clearly had a different Idea of what a Mexican should look like and they all had a hard time accepting the fact that I was Mexican, going as far to accuse me of lying and covering up the fact that I had to be at least partially white. -Ive had beyond the normalacy of attention from white females, Its only now when discovering racial categories that Ive realized the attention Ive gotten from them is simply because to them I look white in a different way-like an Italian or greek white boy. If I resembled the mestizo I doubt I would have gotten that extreme -attention.

Id say about the same in Los Angelos it wasnt till recently that the mestizo made an appearance-somewhere in the 90s. The term mestizo is clearly overused in Mexico-Oscar De La Hoya and Bibi Gaytan above are both clearly darker then most whites but their facial features are entirely European. Mexico has bigger trace amounts of Europeans then most every country in latin america. What I would consider mestizo would be somewhere along the lines of Selena and her brother.

Oaxaca and Puebla and Chiapas are probably the last frontiers for Indigenous Mexicans in Mexico. The goverment has had open warfare with the people there and believe RACISM played a huge role in the discrimination against the last of the natives. Their was a big push to try and assimilate them by disallowing their languages and customs to go on. The Zapatistas led a small war against the goverment over it.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » April 5th, 2011, 11:37 am

Here's what I see in L.A.

Old school Chicanos (East LA, SGV, Whittier etc.):

basic Mestizo - George Lopez type.
Brown skinned white person look
white indio look - light skin, Indian features.
Classic Iberian - dark hair, fair skin, fine features
some dark indios.

New school Mexican/recent immigrant stock (West LA, South Central, Downtown LA):

dark full Indios (Mayan type mostly)
basic mestizo
some caucasian types

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 5th, 2011, 11:47 am

These people are about as mixed as it gets....The vast majority of chicanos in San Diego to Los Angelos look about the variety of those below and look more so European and white then any of the guidos Ive seen on Jersey Shore
Attachments
lowrider girl.jpg
Mexican REALLY? Whitegirl
lowrider girl.jpg (10.05 KiB) Viewed 8284 times
HHYbig.jpg
Whiter then most Italians
HHYbig.jpg (89.34 KiB) Viewed 8284 times
chuco caballero.jpg
Clearly not an AZTEC. European Features
chuco caballero.jpg (8.73 KiB) Viewed 8284 times
puro familia.jpg
White Girl anywhere else in the world.
puro familia.jpg (18.68 KiB) Viewed 8284 times

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 5th, 2011, 11:54 am

Old school Chicanos (East LA, SGV, Whittier etc.):

basic Mestizo - George Lopez type.
Brown skinned white person look
white indio look - light skin, Indian features.
Classic Iberian - dark hair, fair skin, fine features
some dark indios.

I dont hardly see any George Lopez type indios in East Los. The vast majority fall into Iberian or brown skinned white person. I am curious to percentages of what people see....how much of the latino population is MESTIZO -INDIO-BROWN SKINNED WHITE -IBERIAN.

Is it just me or do these new arrivals resemble more chinese and mongolian then any type of Mexican that Ive ever seen.

Also I am curious about crossbreeding between the Mexican subgroups. Ive seen a fare share of clearly white Mexican girls with those of the Mestizo and even Indio look. Most of my girlfriends -when looking back would be Iberian, as am I.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 5th, 2011, 12:06 pm

mayugastank wrote:Its what I am asking Whiskeyjack thanks. I look like any of these latinos and here in Los Angelos everyone acknowledges how some latinos look, so people werent too surprised by how European/Italiano or Greek I looked. When Ive travelled across America, theyve clearly had a different Idea of what a Mexican should look like and they all had a hard time accepting the fact that I was Mexican, going as far to accuse me of lying and covering up the fact that I had to be at least partially white. -Ive had beyond the normalacy of attention from white females, Its only now when discovering racial categories that Ive realized the attention Ive gotten from them is simply because to them I look white in a different way-like an Italian or greek white boy. If I resembled the mestizo I doubt I would have gotten that extreme -attention.

The Mexicans Back East and Down South are heavily from Southern Mexico - Pueblo, especially. From what I've heard, the stereotype of Mexicans in NY is short, dark with a big head. Chicago is a different story. though, Mostly Northern Mexican by way of Texas. Chicago Mexicans get pale as hell in the winter, I'm surprised Mexicans aren't considered white in ChiTown.

Id say about the same in Los Angelos it wasnt till recently that the mestizo made an appearance-somewhere in the 90s. The term mestizo is clearly overused in Mexico-Oscar De La Hoya and Bibi Gaytan above are both clearly darker then most whites but their facial features are entirely European. Mexico has bigger trace amounts of Europeans then most every country in latin america. What I would consider mestizo would be somewhere along the lines of Selena and her brother.

Well,I think Mestizos were always here, but it was the lighter, taller SouthWest Indian/Spaniard mix from from Sonora, Chihuahua and Juarez not the darker Mestizos from Central Mexico.

Oaxaca and Puebla and Chiapas are probably the last frontiers for Indigenous Mexicans in Mexico. The goverment has had open warfare with the people there and believe RACISM played a huge role in the discrimination against the last of the natives. Their was a big push to try and assimilate them by disallowing their languages and customs to go on. The Zapatistas led a small war against the goverment over it.
No doubt about it.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 5th, 2011, 6:57 pm

."Faces of America" Reveals Eva Longoria Parker's Surprising Roots
By Gerri Miller | 02/02/2010 - 12:35 | 9 Comments

Getty Images Of Mexican heritage and fiercely proud of it, Eva Longoria Parker always thought her ancestral makeup was mostly Mexican-Indian with a smattering of European blood. But she discovered that the opposite is true, among other surprising revelations, when she agreed to participate in the four-part PBS series Faces of America, which debuts Feb.10.

As one of 12 celebrities of various backgrounds who agreed to have their DNA tested for the series, hosted by historian, author and Harvard scholar Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr., Longoria Parker was "a little shaken" to learn that she’s actually 70% European, 27% Asian/indigenous, and 3% African. "Most people don’t realize Mexico has a large slave population," Gates told her, offering a possible explanation for the African percentage.Gates was able to trace her lineage back to her ninth great-grandfather, who arrived in the New World in 1603, and revealed that her family owned 5000 acres of land in a place called Grulla, initially in New Spain, which became Mexico and then Texas.

But the most surprising revelation came after a computer compared the DNA results of Gates’ dozen guests. Longoria Parker is related to cellist Yo-Yo Ma, who is of Chinese heritage. Ma is 100% Asian, but when you consider that 27% of Longoria Parker's makeup is also, that common ancestor begins to make sense.

"We are a nation of immigrants," reminds Gates, hoping that stories like Longoria Parker's "will help change our sense of the history of the United States. It wasn't an Anglo-WASP history. It was much more complex than that."

http://www.latina.com/entertainment/cel ... sing-roots

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 5th, 2011, 7:06 pm

If Eva Longerria is 70% European and in my view she looks more mestiza then most girls in East Los Angelos......well then they must be almost completely white. She to me looks latina with european features or dark white. The entire East of Los Angelos is not even near as dark nor ethnic looking as her. There is more then a doubt that within a few generations Mexicans in America would be completely white either thru intermarriage or thru selective breeding amongst ourselves. Comparatively Cubans in Miami have been the focus -of a study that shows that they do not cross breed with black cubans. The Cubans of the 1950s ( Ricky Ricardo ) are almost completely white today. Ive read studys where assimilation amongst latinos is discussed and a big push was to limit immigration and allow those of white stick to intermarry into White America since their native genes were minute enough to be bred out.
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
Eva Longorria typical latina in ELA.
thumbnail.jpg (8.82 KiB) Viewed 8269 times

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 5th, 2011, 7:12 pm

A friend below completely chicana....with the East Los....accent to match what race would she be? She is clearly WHITE. As Ive told her recently to which she replied "FU PUTO YOUR MADRE IS WHITE"
Attachments
GetAttachment.jpg
Miss ELAC ...East Los Angelos Community College..
GetAttachment.jpg (5.66 KiB) Viewed 8269 times

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 11th, 2011, 4:45 pm

East Los is a diff. world to most non-mexicans, we see the basic mestizo and indio look and if you're up in NELA then you get the brown with white features or clearly white type mexicans. The spanish and portugese really did one on the natives mestizos and blacks in latin America, really tried to breed everyone to a spaniard.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 13th, 2011, 6:27 am

mayugastank wrote:A friend below completely chicana....with the East Los....accent to match what race would she be? She is clearly WHITE. As Ive told her recently to which she replied "FU PUTO YOUR MADRE IS WHITE"
That right there tells you that race is nothing but an imginary category.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 13th, 2011, 12:36 pm

Sentenza wrote:
mayugastank wrote:A friend below completely chicana....with the East Los....accent to match what race would she be? She is clearly WHITE. As Ive told her recently to which she replied "FU PUTO YOUR MADRE IS WHITE"
That right there tells you that race is nothing but an imginary category.

Negative BUD. Many chicanos are white and merely their skin tone is dark. Many are so European mixed that they are the exact same mix as most Italians. Mexico also -has a higher percentage of European looking Mexicans as the mixture of the people is a mixture mainly of 2 races..indegenous/and European Spanish. Their were approximately under 1 million native Mexicans who survived the smallpox and famine that resulted after the Spanish arrived ....their were approximately 400,000 Spanish Europeans who migrated into Mexico during this time and the mixture between them was substantial enough to create a hybrid race in under a few hundred years.

Mexico is one the countries with the biggest trace amounts of Whites in all Latin America along with Chile-Argentina-and Costa Rica. The arrival of this far inland Mexican (asiatic/mongoloid/Indian) is a new thing. I remeber feeling shocked by the differences in how we looked and had a hard time grasping that these people were Mexican as I didnt understand that Mexicans looked this way. Clearly growing up this was not the case. The invention of NAFTA has left Mexicans that even Mexicans discriminated against making their way into the states. They lived off farming and were rural-country people some of which were so untouched by modern culture that they didnt learn the spanish language till arriving into the United States. Theyve come in the millions pouring the people of Puebla/Oaxaca and Chiapas and Guatemala and El Salvador into the states.

Growing up in ELA I would say -that almost no one was of this variety and it wasnt till mass migration in the 1990s that I had ever seen Mexicans like this. This racial category is clearly at work in choosing of mates even to this day. Using myself as an example-I look latin/Italian/White featured /white skin dark eyes/brows/hair. I until investigating race considered myself Chicano/Mexican. Growing up I was pursued heftily by Whites/Lighter Blacks and Chicanas ....more so then most other Chicanos-unless they held the Latin Look I did. I always figured I was attractive but the truth is that -pyschology and race are intertwined.....I resemble a white person with dark hair..which is why white girls liked me...I resembled enough of a mix for black women to like me and the ideal look for a latina to marry into. Anyone who says Race plays no factor or race doesnt exist is full of BS. Race is prevelant in everything we do. In how we approach strangers/in Attraction and even in how far we get in life in the USA. Ive had friends who didnt hold the features of a 'latin'.....they havent fared as well in love and economics. I by no means seek to dispel others but I can without a doubt say that the "latin" featured white latino puts everyone at ease. How so is it that ---just about every white chick has no qualms in approaching me....when they know Im of another race? Because they dont see me as another race. Who is the latina that most white guys pursue? The latina like my friend above who resembles a darker white woman. Ive seen it with my own eyes -Ive been in sitautions were these white latinas command attention from every race of man --do asians/blacks/indians and even mestizas with more Indian features get the attention? NO. Im my honest opinion.

To say that race is hyperbole is hyperbole. People even those of other races are looking for someone similar it just so happens that their are millions and millions of latinos whove retained the features of their ancestorial spanish conquistadors and the darker skin and hair of the native. If you check the marriage statistics it shows up loud and clear in the cross-evenly split way latinos intermarry. Take a look at the show JERSEY SHORE and youll see a prime example of how latins and whites intermix. The entire cast had a latino boyfriend or girlfriend in Miami. They bedded down with latins in that area because the latins were the closest to them in that vicinity. Like nothing! Its why I say we are the standard of beauty ......I doubt that any race outside of the latin ( including greek/italian/southern french/latin american/spainard) could across the board be approached on even levels by every race. We arent a race-its been debated ......but we clearly are..........We are either WHITE or MONGOLIAN/ASIATIC/INDIAN.......I expect the future Mexican in under 2 generations to resemble Italians completely and Mongolians completely. By then the difefrences will be more prounounced.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 13th, 2011, 12:52 pm

perongregory wrote:East Los is a diff. world to most non-mexicans, we see the basic mestizo and indio look and if you're up in NELA then you get the brown with white features or clearly white type mexicans. The spanish and portugese really did one on the natives mestizos and blacks in latin America, really tried to breed everyone to a spaniard.

Yeah definetly.......Race is such a pyschological issue in this country its no wonder that native African Americans sought refuge from the politics of race of this country in other lands. Its present everywhere. Ive begun to get a thorough hold on it and see it for what it is now. Race in this country is here to stay. I remember feeling quite angry seeing Images of white people being beat during the riots and it wasnt till later delving of race that I understood why. These whites resemble both my family and myself. I was raised around chicanos in East LA--and knew nothing of whites really. BUt yet despite this their similarity to those near me made me feel compassion towards them. How does this work in the work enviroment/love/dating and life? Is it a wonder that blacks are killing eachother and committed violence on eachother on the level of some interrace war? This country might be an experiment in evil to have grown up here and lived here and know no other home beside this one -and to be forced into categories? its enough to make a man insane. The levels of hypertension and heart disease amongst blacks is extremely high .....those issues usually have to do with stress....its like taking a fish in an aquarium and continously knowcking on the glass.....a man in this country isnt allowed comfort living around other races. Forget all the hype on unity. Blacks I guess are moving back to the south in Record numbers and I can see why! miles of black faces/culture.friends and family and even blacks in leadership positions looking out for other blacks.....God Bless them for seeking peace thru kinship with those of simliar kind. i would honestly like to see this country torn down and remade. The issue of race has killed countless and contiunues to do so.....its not an issue in most other places but here but this country is sick.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2011, 2:48 am

mayugastank wrote: Negative BUD. Many chicanos are white and merely their skin tone is dark. Many are so European mixed that they are the exact same mix as most Italians. Mexico also -has a higher percentage of European looking Mexicans as the mixture of the people is a mixture mainly of 2 races..indegenous/and European Spanish. Their were approximately under 1 million native Mexicans who survived the smallpox and famine that resulted after the Spanish arrived ....their were approximately 400,000 Spanish Europeans who migrated into Mexico during this time and the mixture between them was substantial enough to create a hybrid race in under a few hundred years.

Mexico is one the countries with the biggest trace amounts of Whites in all Latin America along with Chile-Argentina-and Costa Rica. The arrival of this far inland Mexican (asiatic/mongoloid/Indian) is a new thing. I remeber feeling shocked by the differences in how we looked and had a hard time grasping that these people were Mexican as I didnt understand that Mexicans looked this way. Clearly growing up this was not the case. The invention of NAFTA has left Mexicans that even Mexicans discriminated against making their way into the states. They lived off farming and were rural-country people some of which were so untouched by modern culture that they didnt learn the spanish language till arriving into the United States. Theyve come in the millions pouring the people of Puebla/Oaxaca and Chiapas and Guatemala and El Salvador into the states.

Growing up in ELA I would say -that almost no one was of this variety and it wasnt till mass migration in the 1990s that I had ever seen Mexicans like this. This racial category is clearly at work in choosing of mates even to this day. Using myself as an example-I look latin/Italian/White featured /white skin dark eyes/brows/hair. I until investigating race considered myself Chicano/Mexican. Growing up I was pursued heftily by Whites/Lighter Blacks and Chicanas ....more so then most other Chicanos-unless they held the Latin Look I did. I always figured I was attractive but the truth is that -pyschology and race are intertwined.....I resemble a white person with dark hair..which is why white girls liked me...I resembled enough of a mix for black women to like me and the ideal look for a latina to marry into. Anyone who says Race plays no factor or race doesnt exist is full of BS. Race is prevelant in everything we do. In how we approach strangers/in Attraction and even in how far we get in life in the USA. Ive had friends who didnt hold the features of a 'latin'.....they havent fared as well in love and economics. I by no means seek to dispel others but I can without a doubt say that the "latin" featured white latino puts everyone at ease. How so is it that ---just about every white chick has no qualms in approaching me....when they know Im of another race? Because they dont see me as another race. Who is the latina that most white guys pursue? The latina like my friend above who resembles a darker white woman. Ive seen it with my own eyes -Ive been in sitautions were these white latinas command attention from every race of man --do asians/blacks/indians and even mestizas with more Indian features get the attention? NO. Im my honest opinion.

To say that race is hyperbole is hyperbole. People even those of other races are looking for someone similar it just so happens that their are millions and millions of latinos whove retained the features of their ancestorial spanish conquistadors and the darker skin and hair of the native. If you check the marriage statistics it shows up loud and clear in the cross-evenly split way latinos intermarry. Take a look at the show JERSEY SHORE and youll see a prime example of how latins and whites intermix. The entire cast had a latino boyfriend or girlfriend in Miami. They bedded down with latins in that area because the latins were the closest to them in that vicinity. Like nothing! Its why I say we are the standard of beauty ......I doubt that any race outside of the latin ( including greek/italian/southern french/latin american/spainard) could across the board be approached on even levels by every race. We arent a race-its been debated ......but we clearly are..........We are either WHITE or MONGOLIAN/ASIATIC/INDIAN.......I expect the future Mexican in under 2 generations to resemble Italians completely and Mongolians completely. By then the difefrences will be more prounounced.
You didnt understand what i meant. In that picture i see a white woman who claims not being white. People decide at will what race their are. Some leading Nazi once said: "I decide who is a jew." So political enemies were labelled as jews, because you cant determine race by superficial outside looks. Some blacks consider themselves as latin, some as arabs others whatever the fuck else. Some people are white like casper the ghost but are arabs or latin too. Thats what i meant by imginary. Race is a social category and not a biological one. Genetically race doesnt even exist, we have been through that already.
As for the other stuff, i am 6.2, a german as it gets, blonde, tall, well built nordic white dude. Never had problems with feedback of women either, no matter if black, white or whatever the fuck. Ok only small ass asian women get scared of me, lol.
Ill give you that latinos are more likely to fit in on both sides, because there are many white latinos and mixed and brown ones, so they dont stick out like i do among Nubians, cause there will always be a brown latino that fits in.
So for that appearance does matter, because people tend to stick to what they are used to, doesnt mean they do it necessarily. I have friends married to chinese women, white girls with jamaican dudes and i myself happen to have turkish girl. But if you look at the DNA codes of people all humans are a wild mix of everything, outside looks dont mean shit.
It wont prevent people from believing that shit, but so be it.
Beauty ideals are changing throughout the times, there is no such thing as an ultimate standard. It depends on the global region and era.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 15th, 2011, 12:09 pm

~J~ wrote:Vicente Fox's roots are Spanish and Irish, European, like most of the ones pictured. Fernando and Indian Maria have the typical Mestizo look. it a trip man cause I got family of all complexions from brown to that very pale Northern European complexion.

Its a trip that I dont. Most my family ancestors hailed from Sinaloa....they look what I used to think Mexicans look like. Fine featured,chiseled faces-thin and dark featured with either white or tan skin. I have green eyes myself. I am curious to what percentages Mexicans actually fall into. Their are many darker Mexicans that are without a doubt WHITE. Eva Longorrias DNA test said she was 70% European ancestry and to me she looks typical chicana from around here. Comparing here to the people around ELA-Montebello-Whittier-Puente-Bassett-City Terrace-Commerce-Atwater-and some citys in NELA I would say she looks way more mestiza then most around these parts. I have travelled to Burbank quite a bit and the racial category of Armenians their is "caucasian-white" ? REALLY? Not even close to a vast majority of Chicanos in ELA. Comparing Armenians who are classified as white to chicanos who are classified as mestizo...Armenians look not one ounce closer to white then a flapjacking paisa at the Home Depot. What I am trying to get out this thread is feet on the ground comparisions on what others see. I mean we are everywhere in the county and we come in many different breeds but what breed is prevalent is what I am asking? Percentages.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » April 16th, 2011, 3:06 am

Eva Longoria hardly looks Chicana, The chick has been messing with plastic surgeons too much in recent years. :lol:

Anyways, all you can get is a rough estimation of Superficial looks already pretty much covered by Silencioso you also see here in NorCal, and just to put my small twist on some of what Sentenza said, features and skin complexion can give you an idea but on the flip side can hardly in indication of actual ancestral make-up.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 16th, 2011, 5:15 pm

I have travelled to Burbank quite a bit and the racial category of Armenians their is "caucasian-white" ? REALLY? Not even close to a vast majority of Chicanos in ELA. Comparing Armenians who are classified as white to chicanos who are classified as mestizo...Armenians look not one ounce closer to white then a flapjacking paisa at the Home Depot. What I am trying to get out this thread is feet on the ground comparisions on what others see. I mean we are everywhere in the county and we come in many different breeds but what breed is prevalent is what I am asking? Percentages.

What are you talking about? Armenians are much whiter looking than the average paisa, if you're talking about the typical paisa of West LA or Downtown. Even Persians, for that matter. Around here, where the majority of Mexicans are Oaxacans or other Southern Mexicans, nobody confuses Mediteranean or Middle Eastern for Mexican. In West LA, Mexicans are as racially distinct as East Asians or Full blooded Africans.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 16th, 2011, 11:30 pm

Silencioso wrote: I have travelled to Burbank quite a bit and the racial category of Armenians their is "caucasian-white" ? REALLY? Not even close to a vast majority of Chicanos in ELA. Comparing Armenians who are classified as white to chicanos who are classified as mestizo...Armenians look not one ounce closer to white then a flapjacking paisa at the Home Depot. What I am trying to get out this thread is feet on the ground comparisions on what others see. I mean we are everywhere in the county and we come in many different breeds but what breed is prevalent is what I am asking? Percentages.

What are you talking about? Armenians are much whiter looking than the average paisa, if you're talking about the typical paisa of West LA or Downtown. Even Persians, for that matter. Around here, where the majority of Mexicans are Oaxacans or other Southern Mexicans, nobody confuses Mediteranean or Middle Eastern for Mexican. In West LA, Mexicans are as racially distinct as East Asians or Full blooded Africans.

YES NOW. Its like I turned around to see a different world from one day to the next. Are Oaxacas even Mexican ? they dont look like any other mexican accept for chiapaniecos.......how much of Mexico looks like them hwo much looks like Sinaloans......

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 27th, 2011, 12:35 pm

I think the days of minority status are numbered for you old school Chicanos. Almost all the new Mexican immigration to the US are Indios from So.Mexico. That's the image most White and Black Americans seem to have for "Mexicans" these days. Even Caribean Hispanics back east have that image of Mexicans. Eventually it will seem silly to call a Mediteranean/European looking, english-only speeking Chicano a minority.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 30th, 2011, 12:27 pm

Immigratrion by So Mexicans into the South-EastCoast-Midwest is blatant and strong and numerous. I heard from a friend who moved to Oklahoma that the paisas were shitloads deep and living side by side amongst whites with blacks staying marginalized on the outskirts of the big towns segregated as if it was the 1940s. Mexican migration has definetly changed the dynamics of race in America. White and Black politics and race has been a factor in the South and places like OKC since forever -these new immigrants have moved right into established white conclaves with no thought of whites except to know and believe that they are better living amongst whites then amongst blacks. Whites seem to have a strong resentment to this and its the reason why we have this new Immigration situation. 450,000 deportees in the last year back to Mexico and Latin America. These deportees have changed the structure of their home countries by bringing American style gangs and culture right back with them. There is a saying that says when 2 cultures collide only the worst habits are picked up by the less dominant culture.........gangs/crime/drug abuse in this case. The So. Mexicans have so created a culture clash that the right to birthright citizenship in the USA is being debated with a push to end birthright citizenship due to it becoming a harbinger for new arrivals to stay once they give birth to their children in a US hospital.

In all fareness to both cultures.....and blacks.....why are these Mexicans coming here working for dirt cheap destroying the blue collar sector for -generations born hispanics/blacks and non college educated whites , playing banda till 3am-taking over mobil home parks-not learning the language-mad dogging everybody and harassing the women? In the smallest towns across America.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » April 30th, 2011, 3:15 pm

I wanted to ask how do CHicanos and Paisas get along in barrios of the US or in predominantly Hispanic neighborhoods?

And how do Chicanos in Mexico perceive their cousins, I mean well do Chicanos keep close with their family in Mexico?

I never would suspect Chicanos and pasisas to be beefing over getting jobs, only blacks and pasias would have a little collision.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » May 1st, 2011, 11:07 am

I wanted to ask how do CHicanos and Paisas get along in barrios of the US or in predominantly Hispanic neighborhoods?

There's no serious conflict, just a little snobbery against paisas.

And how do Chicanos in Mexico perceive their cousins, I mean well do Chicanos keep close with their family in Mexico?

In Mexico, Chicanos that don't speak Spanish and talk "white" are looked down on.

I never would suspect Chicanos and pasisas to be beefing over getting jobs, only blacks and pasias would have a little collision

Paisas aren't taking Chicano jobs, any more than they're taking white jobs or black jobs.