Question about the word nigger

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Question about the word nigger

Unread post by whiskeyjack » May 14th, 2011, 9:43 am

Ok i was thinking the other day about the word nigger and was wondering about one thing in particular about the word. Why do black people get offended from the word when a white guy like me says it, but then turn around and include the word in mainstream media? What i mean is, why do rappers release shitty albums with the word in it, and produce shows like Boondocks that use the word heavy when they know white people who make up the majority of their sales will be exposed to it. Like to someone like me who sees and hears these shows and songs, the word doesnt sound like its oppressing black people, it sounds like its making them folks money. The only reason why i bought the boondocks series was because of the way they use nigger. Examples include songs like "Keep them niggers out of nascar", "anyway you figure the president is a nigger", and "dont trust them niggers over there"etc etc... My favourite line from boondocks is "Get your black ass outta here nigger".....

Wouldnt it make sense that if the word generates so much hatred, that not encouraging would be the smart thing to do? But then black musicians and producers encourage it to make money.... It sounds really fucked up to me... If the word offends the black community so much then the black community should not promote the word in my opinion.

Like in my opinion al sharpton should get on the podium and tell them nigga's to stop promoting the word so normal black people dont have to deal with the fucking word.

My two cents and if you think im racist then fuck you

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Question about the word nigger

Unread post by perongregory » June 6th, 2011, 12:54 pm

whiskey stop being a cracker ass cracker because you're mad at the moment at black people. The black community is split on the word just like the white community. You feel it's a double standard and want to be able to say it to blacks, some whites think it's a BS word and want say it at all "permission" or not, some don't give a fuck. Same thing in the black community but inverted.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Question about the word nigger

Unread post by whiskeyjack » June 9th, 2011, 5:00 am

Peron im not mad at all about this word im actually way more confused then anything else. Ive been called the white nigga back in the day and got away with saying it too. (Check my older posts for verification)

What made me write this thread was because my white co workers think im racist for watching and quoting boondocks. I think its fucked up people would think this. To me at the end of the day you can call me whatever you want because to me its called free speech. You guys can call me a salty pasty cracka all you want and at the end of the day and i wont loose sleep over it...

Where do you stand with regards to this word peron?