Why do other Hispanics Dislike Mexicans?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Why do other Hispanics Dislike Mexicans?

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 7th, 2004, 6:50 pm

It was Corporal BATISTA whom FIDEL downed from his seat.

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » December 8th, 2004, 4:41 am

100, if you think thats even one reason why many Cubans hate Fidel then I feel hope you go to Cuba and find out for yourself.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 8th, 2004, 11:58 am

What's your take on it mamlook?

Other Hispanics hate on Mexikans because we're just as arrogant as anybody else on the block.

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » December 8th, 2004, 12:54 pm

Puerto Ricans are black

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 8th, 2004, 12:55 pm

Individual wrote:Puerto Ricans are black
Most not all, but definetely a beautiful people for sure.

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » December 8th, 2004, 2:28 pm

No dont think Im cuttin down 100, I understand what hes saying and he really aint wrong however that really isnt the reason cubans pissed at fidel.

And Im a black puerto rican. But I do believe somewhere in my roots are taino indian blood.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 8th, 2004, 3:27 pm

lonewolf wrote:Considering that there is about 100 Million Mexicans in Mexico, with a very large country and a wide variety of dialects, customs, race composition, and attitudes to say the least, put it together with another estimated 30 to 50 Million Mexican ancestry Hispanics here in the U.S.A. many whom have generations and many whom are fresh out of the pond, you come to the conclusion that not only is there a whole lotta Mescans, but also that they come in a wide range of backgrounds. The numbers factor will always play a role on how some will dominate the scene and become hated by the minority, in other scenes they will constitute the minority to prey on, either way you still have to deal with the predominant Mexican attitude and beleif that we are in our country and don't need to assimiliate entirely to a non-culture of ours. While others come and shed away as much of their origin culture and assimialte into the local scene and become "AMERICAN" we already feel strong enough in our culture & our stance here as well as back there, and tend to disassociate ourselves from other Hispanics to large degree.
There is a sense of WE CAN TRANSIT BACK AND FORTH because we have our two countries IN A TRUE BONDAGE WITH EACH OTHER, while other Latin America Nations can not ever claim the same, THEREFORE the view of Mexicans from other Hispanics is one of which they look upon us as similiar in culture and arrogant attitute like the GABACHOS aka: GRINGOS, but what can you expect when a hell of a lot of our history has been in direct contact with the U.S. including colonization of the SouthWest
WELL SPOKEN.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 8th, 2004, 3:40 pm

mamlook wrote:Ahh phawk all that BS...All latinos get love down in Miami...Come here. Strong & united.

I know plenty of prican friends gettin hated in chicano areas of cali, phoenix and albaqurque(sp?) ... and ricans hating on chicanos in NY and Jerzey...It wont stop until ya azz touches down in the bottom.
Bullsh.t...all latinos DONOT get love in miami, unless you're talking about the hip-hop generation, which hasn't walked on earth long enough to know the issues. Have you ever heard the term "Afro-Cuban"? If you have, then you would know that Miami does not show love to all latinos, period!

Please realize that the mother country for all spanish-speaking countries is Spain. Thier dominance throughout the 5th thru 15th centuries still haunts these same countries today. Spain and Portugal is single-handedly responsible for the spanish/african diaspora. All the while Spain turns a blind-eye to all of this inter-racism between Puerto-Rico, Cuba, DR, Mexico, Colombia, etc..You can thank Spain's contribution to slavery and the early century crusades for all of this.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 8th, 2004, 3:49 pm

mamlook wrote:No dont think Im cuttin down 100, I understand what hes saying and he really aint wrong however that really isnt the reason cubans pissed at fidel.

And Im a black puerto rican. But I do believe somewhere in my roots are taino indian blood.
yes, that is the MAIN reason. They do, however, try in vain to to conjure up half-truths in order to win overall US support and sympathy. It usually is not successful. Most Cubans against Fidel are white, racially speaking, who owned land and were very successful both socially and economically. Those same people, factually speaking, did engage in oppressive acts against blacks AND mullatos in Cuba. The whole issue between Cuban dissendents and nationals in miami regarding Fidel is race and power.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » December 8th, 2004, 3:50 pm

Man, Cubans had that front of "There is no white or black, there is no color issue, there are only CUBANS". The idea was good, but it wasn't really put into effect. When black scholars went to see what this new race-free nationalism was all about, the 'surprise' was that Cuba is just as racist as America. So did this hidden racism creep into Miami, a popular haven of Cuban immigrants???

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 8th, 2004, 3:52 pm

Cold Bear wrote:Man, Cubans had that front of "There is no white or black, there is no color issue, there are only CUBANS". The idea was good, but it wasn't really put into effect. When black scholars went to see what this new race-free nationalism was all about, the 'surprise' was that Cuba is just as racist as America. So did this hidden racism creep into Miami, a popular haven of Cuban immigrants???
My point precisly brotha....and racism in miami is not so hidden.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 8th, 2004, 4:07 pm

We're all runnin' round in circles tryin' to catch our tails.

Mexikans hatin' on Blacks
Blacks hatin' on Mexikans
Whites hatin' on both M & B
and vise-versa
All hatin' on Jews
Pinoys hatin' on Japanese
Italians hatin' on Irish
Catholics hatin' on Protestants
Christians hatin' on Muslims
Hindu's hatin' on Sikhs
Sunni's hatin' on Shiites
Somalis hatin' on Ethiopians
Bloods hatin' on Crips
Sureños hatin' on Norteños

On and on I can go all day with this list.
Where does it end?
It ends with YOU

It is good that we can exchange views and experiences, but I for one am tired of HATING.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » December 8th, 2004, 4:10 pm

AMEN!!!!

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » December 9th, 2004, 12:21 am

No homie come to miami and see columbian, mexican, cuban flags etc next to each other...you see a lot of clicks than are interlatino....the festival on 7th street in little havana ( anually) is all the latino nations...one of the biggest street festivals you will see...Of course there will always be division but mostly you get love down here if your latino period. U guys are on some old miami shit, shit changes...

Miami 66% latino dont get it twisted.

P.S. U think jus cuz Fidel was the first to recognize blacks and mulatos is the reason black, white, mulato cubans hate him? :roll:

BfKCmOney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BfKCmOney » December 9th, 2004, 6:35 pm

Ive seen it also
Im Mexican and every time I visit my aunts and uncles in Chicago,they have a big hate for Puerto Ricans
I dont why
Were all the same
All Hispanics are that same but just a bit different,bc of color,religion,and tone of language

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 9th, 2004, 9:06 pm

mamlook wrote:No homie come to miami and see columbian, mexican, cuban flags etc next to each other...you see a lot of clicks than are interlatino....the festival on 7th street in little havana ( anually) is all the latino nations...one of the biggest street festivals you will see...Of course there will always be division but mostly you get love down here if your latino period. U guys are on some old miami shit, shit changes...

Miami 66% latino dont get it twisted.

P.S. U think jus because Fidel was the first to recognize blacks and mulatos is the reason black, white, mulato cubans hate him? :roll:
I can't afford to visit Miami or Florida just yet, but my lady and I both agree that that is where we like to take a vacation to in the near future.

Today I was speaking with a DOMINICANO friend of mine whom moved to the west coast after living in Miami, and he was telling me how the WHITE CUBANS (Fidel's exiles) in Miami are extremely racist towards Boricuas, Nicas, and Black Cubanos. He was telling me that they hold the best jobs and hold the political power, as well as the Police Authority.
He said that if you're Nica, then menial jobs or the fields is the only place where you can find work, if you're Black Cubano you move on to other parts of the country, if you're Puerto Rican/Boricua then you're looked down upon like a second class citizen.

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » December 10th, 2004, 2:50 am

^^ hmmm..I can honestly tell you its not a big problem here as to other parts of the country. Sure your always gonna find bad apples in the basket but down here if your hispanic, your set period..whether your cuban, boricua, chicano. whutever....Color is not really looked at since there are a lot of povertized areas where blacks and latins are mixed, including my hood in NW miami.

I gotta say Ive gotten hate in Arizona, Texas, Lousiana, and esp Cali ( I ws in Oakland)...Much different than Miami.

ElGuero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ElGuero » December 10th, 2004, 6:59 pm

Hispanic is an artificial category created in the US to lump all Spanish speaking people regardless of race and national origin together.

For the most part, in educated circles in Latin America, there isn't discrimination based on nationality...but its there based on race.

In the US, its based more on the stereotypes that people have......For many, the only contact with Mexicans is what they see here, illegal immigrants.......uneducated people....etc, so they associate all Mexicans with them......or for racist reasons because they have Native American blood.... and then Mexicans hate others for similar reasons.....for the most part, I think its mostly just fear of the unknown, not understanding the other cultures, and stereotypes which pertain to American contexts but have nothing to do with Latin America really......

As far as the Cubans in Miami go, the cucarachas have a mindset that belongs in the 1940's......a very colonial view.....they think they're more "Spanish" and others are less.....they're the product of a racist system which Castro destroyed in Cuba.....

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » February 3rd, 2005, 2:54 pm

people will always have their prejudices, but it seems as if Mexicans on both sides of the border are favorite targets/scapegoats when it comes to americas ill's.
Sure america wants mexican hands when it comes to picking fruit, cutting the lawn or serving them fajitas at a taqueria...but when it actually comes to those very same mexicans demanding "human" status as actual human beings with actual feelings and emotions beyond saying "si senor you want the grass cut here?"....whiteys get their hanes in a knot.
They want Mexicans to stay in their "place" so to speak.
....and this racial scorn manifests itself in various ways.
Mainly contempt, both blatant and subliminal...so you have all races in america being conditioned by the media and white society at large to despise Mexicans and everything they represent.
So this basically results in fellow Hispanics trying to distance themselves from societys so called undesirables i.e. Mexicans, blacks etc...
And this sort of behavior spawns hatred, racism etc between the groups.

its that simple....you have members of other hispanic groups snuggling up to whitey at the expense of dissing Hispanic mexicans.
Its a game most puerto ricans and dominicans play well.

Oh well cant please everyone, they can kiss my brown ass if they dont like me

Chicano15
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chicano15 » February 14th, 2005, 10:28 pm

PS1979 wrote:people will always have their prejudices, but it seems as if Mexicans on both sides of the border are favorite targets/scapegoats when it comes to americas ill's.
Sure america wants mexican hands when it comes to picking fruit, cutting the lawn or serving them fajitas at a taqueria...but when it actually comes to those very same mexicans demanding "human" status as actual human beings with actual feelings and emotions beyond saying "si senor you want the grass cut here?"....whiteys get their hanes in a knot.
They want Mexicans to stay in their "place" so to speak.
....and this racial scorn manifests itself in various ways.
Mainly contempt, both blatant and subliminal...so you have all races in america being conditioned by the media and white society at large to despise Mexicans and everything they represent.
So this basically results in fellow Hispanics trying to distance themselves from societys so called undesirables i.e. Mexicans, blacks etc...
And this sort of behavior spawns hatred, racism etc between the groups.

its that simple....you have members of other hispanic groups snuggling up to whitey at the expense of dissing Hispanic mexicans.
Its a game most puerto ricans and dominicans play well.

Oh well cant please everyone, they can kiss my brown ass if they dont like me
Well said. I feel the same way.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 16th, 2005, 10:11 pm

Because they are not Mexican 8)

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » February 23rd, 2005, 1:36 pm

lonewolf wrote:Pinoys hatin' on Japanese
Sidenote/off topic:
Most Asian in the Orient and Pacific hate the Japanese. It's no secret. It's because of all the work the Japanese Empire put in on people over there. I understand that they were nasty and ruthless. It was only recently that the Japanese education system started to aknowledge/record all the wrong doings they did to other Asians in the history books.

I've heard to Japanese girls dis another girl by sayin' "don't mind her..she's just Korean."

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 23rd, 2005, 9:35 pm

^ ^ ^ ^ Japanese are the TOP RANKIN RACISTS in ASIA

This Filipino friend of mine whom i saw one time get real angry at an arrogant Japanese Businessman, said to me after i interceded & asked him to cool off and relax - he asked me if i ever witnessed any attrocities committed on children first hand - "no" was my reply
- he went on to tell me stories of what the Japanese did to his people during their occupation of the Philippines in WWII, how they took babies from their mothers arms and threw them up in the air and "catched them with their bayonets", how they raped their women and then disenbowel them.
Many more attrocities committed on his people, and now before him was this arrogant Nip' talking down at him as if he was a 'boy'.

I felt his anger and sympatyzed.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » February 24th, 2005, 6:43 am

i have met chinese and koreans being all racist aswell.
This friend of mine who grew up in Germany and went back to Korea was severely disrespected casue he didnt speak Korean perfectly and they were spitting at him etc.
So why cant we all get the bigger picture of it.
Every country has its damn deal of racists. its like a fucking disease all over the world.
Tell me one nation or race which has no racists. I dont know one.
Racism prospers where there is lack of knowledge and education.
The most racist people i met were those who had the least contact with people from other races/religions.
i am just fed up with this talk "this nation is more racist than that"
Its all BS.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 24th, 2005, 9:54 pm

^ ^ ^ ^ you get no argument from me ^ ^ ^ ^

HOWEVER there is a prevailing attitude among some WELL TO DO NATIONS, that they are superior to others whom are less fortunate for whatever reasons.

Surely the wheel of time goes around and what goes around comes around, but in this present century as well the last - The British, German, Japanese and Americans to name the most prominent ones - seem to have such an attitude - as you said THE MOST IGNORANT ONES ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE LESS CONTACT WITH OTHERS - but we can not say that at all about ourselves in this country - yet we seem to be TOP RANKIN on the racist attitudes - WHY IS THAT?

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 25th, 2005, 12:12 pm

I think Mexikans have the hardest Hispanic Gangs in the U.S. (mostly kali). thats my opinion. and i think for some reason mexikans are shorter in the East then West. kause i seen mexikans in the East and they seem bigger and taller. in the East they get picked on by puerto ricans a lot, and some mexicans is formin there own gangs (recently) in parts in NJ. for instance, my homeboy was robbing mexicans all the time and pickin on them. one day i guess they had enough and they shot him or stabbed him or something. that was like 5 years ago. now in the same places they were gettin picked on, the strappin. my homeboy keeps tellin me how the ese's keep shooting shit up in my old neighborhood in NJ. if u told me this 5 or 6 years ago, in that neighborhood. i'd laugh my ass off. i dont know why other hispanics hate on mexikans. if u take the hardest Latin Kings gang in NY verses the hardest Barrio in Cali. i seriously think the Barrios would whoop their asses. this my opinion.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 25th, 2005, 12:14 pm

*Mexikans in the west Seem bigger and taller*
correction

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » February 25th, 2005, 12:26 pm

wizdom wrote:I think Mexikans have the hardest Hispanic Gangs in the U.S. (mostly kali). thats my opinion. and i think for some reason mexikans are shorter in the East then West. kause i seen mexikans in the East and they seem bigger and taller. in the East they get picked on by puerto ricans a lot, and some mexicans is formin there own gangs (recently) in parts in NJ. for instance, my homeboy was robbing mexicans all the time and pickin on them. one day i guess they had enough and they shot him or stabbed him or something. that was like 5 years ago. now in the same places they were gettin picked on, the strappin. my homeboy keeps tellin me how the ese's keep shooting shit up in my old neighborhood in NJ. if u told me this 5 or 6 years ago, in that neighborhood. i'd laugh my ass off. i dont know why other hispanics hate on mexikans. if u take the hardest Latin Kings gang in NY verses the hardest Barrio in Cali. i seriously think the Barrios would whoop their asses. this my opinion.
Mexicans in Brooklyn are forming gangs like SDN, RZL, WxC Wild Chicanos, and I have seen STL up but not with 13 so i don't think it's linked to LA, although they lettering is straight up Cholo in style. There was a fight between the Arabs who run the corner store and a Mexican group that could have got bad but the cops are always posted over there and just broke it all up. A lot of Arab dudes are straight thugged out in rough areas! I agree with your assessment of Nations versus Barrios if you want to get all technical on who could beat who, but that's because I don't think Nations are 'built' for violence, and to compare would not be fair.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 26th, 2005, 12:40 pm

Cold Bear wrote:
wizdom wrote:I think Mexikans have the hardest Hispanic Gangs in the U.S. (mostly kali). thats my opinion. and i think for some reason mexikans are shorter in the East then West. kause i seen mexikans in the East and they seem bigger and taller. in the East they get picked on by puerto ricans a lot, and some mexicans is formin there own gangs (recently) in parts in NJ. for instance, my homeboy was robbing mexicans all the time and pickin on them. one day i guess they had enough and they shot him or stabbed him or something. that was like 5 years ago. now in the same places they were gettin picked on, the strappin. my homeboy keeps tellin me how the ese's keep shooting shit up in my old neighborhood in NJ. if u told me this 5 or 6 years ago, in that neighborhood. i'd laugh my ass off. i dont know why other hispanics hate on mexikans. if u take the hardest Latin Kings gang in NY verses the hardest Barrio in Cali. i seriously think the Barrios would whoop their asses. this my opinion.
Mexicans in Brooklyn are forming gangs like SDN, RZL, WxC Wild Chicanos, and I have seen STL up but not with 13 so i don't think it's linked to LA, although they lettering is straight up Cholo in style. There was a fight between the Arabs who run the corner store and a Mexican group that could have got bad but the cops are always posted over there and just broke it all up. A lot of Arab dudes are straight thugged out in rough areas! I agree with your assessment of Nations versus Barrios if you want to get all technical on who could beat who, but that's because I don't think Nations are 'built' for violence, and to compare would not be fair.
i feel u. but i think it's fu-cked up that Ricans B fu-ckin with Mexikans like that. mexikans is hard as fu-ck. like i heard somewhere that the leader of a mexikan gang, was tryna do good so the gang kould protect the Latinos that go to jail kause they were gettin picked on by blacks. like i mean show a little respekt and sh-it. koz i really think that the Ese's in WS would murder all em ES Lks.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » February 27th, 2005, 10:41 am

The anwser is pretty simple stupidity and not to mention mexicans make the best food out of all hispanics. I love me them burritos. :mrgreen:

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » February 27th, 2005, 4:13 pm

wizdom wrote:
Cold Bear wrote:
i feel u. but i think it's fu-cked up that Ricans B fu-ckin with Mexikans like that. mexikans is hard as fu-ck. like i heard somewhere that the leader of a mexikan gang, was tryna do good so the gang kould protect the Latinos that go to jail kause they were gettin picked on by blacks. like i mean show a little respekt and sh-it. koz i really think that the Ese's in WS would murder all em ES Lks.
Ay on this topic right here... I saw on the news this PR cat got murdered by a group of 3 or 4 Mexicans. He was running and they stabbed him up, he escaped once but they caught up and stabbed him a grip more times. Finally he 'succumbed' to his wounds. This was on the news last night.

I think for the most part, it's just cultural pride and sometimes just prejudice, I think for the most part this type of thing is an isolated incident.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 27th, 2005, 5:48 pm

Cold Bear wrote:
wizdom wrote:
Cold Bear wrote:
Ay on this topic right here... I saw on the news this PR cat got murdered by a group of 3 or 4 Mexicans. He was running and they stabbed him up, he escaped once but they caught up and stabbed him a grip more times. Finally he 'succumbed' to his wounds. This was on the news last night.

I think for the most part, it's just cultural pride and sometimes just prejudice, I think for the most part this type of thing is an isolated incident.
true true. i just think its fu-cked up how they dont show these niggas some respekt. i hate when mad races think the better then the other.