Why do other Hispanics Dislike Mexicans?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Reeky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Why do other Hispanics Dislike Mexicans?

Unread post by Reeky » February 28th, 2005, 12:40 pm

i feel bad for the mexicans here they get jumped everyday comin home from work people sometimes even kill them for no reason only cause the mexicans dont fight back. they work hard as hell and dont bother noone and niggas jumpin them everyday on main street in my hood for no reason.

and whats up with the mexicans in nj they all like 5 foot and dark as hell. the ones in cali look light and way bigger.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » February 28th, 2005, 9:27 pm

Reeky wrote:i feel bad for the mexicans here they get jumped everyday comin home from work people sometimes even kill them for no reason only cause the mexicans dont fight back. they work hard as hell and dont bother noone and niggas jumpin them everyday on main street in my hood for no reason.

and whats up with the mexicans in nj they all like 5 foot and dark as hell. the ones in cali look light and way bigger.
Aww man, that's punk isht. If those same punks came to LA they wouldn't say or do isht but look straight down and be real nice. Alot of people don't like us but when they act up it's always in groups or behind our backs. There's never a level playing field cause if their were. the non-Mexican most likely would catch the worst of it.

To answer the last question, the only thing i can think of is the ones who are on the east coast come from the poor sections of Mexico. Many are Indians who face discrimination and limited opportunities. They're desperate for work and so they put up with all kinds of isht.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 1st, 2005, 10:04 am

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
Reeky wrote:i feel bad for the mexicans here they get jumped everyday comin home from work people sometimes even kill them for no reason only cause the mexicans dont fight back. they work hard as hell and dont bother noone and niggas jumpin them everyday on main street in my hood for no reason.

Aww man, that's punk isht. If those same punks came to LA they wouldn't say or do isht but look straight down and be real nice. Alot of people don't like us but when they act up it's always in groups or behind our backs. There's never a level playing field cause if their were. the non-Mexican most likely would catch the worst of it.

To answer the last question, the only thing i can think of is the ones who are on the east coast come from the poor sections of Mexico. Many are Indians who face discrimination and limited opportunities. They're desperate for work and so they put up with all kinds of isht.
true. when i worked in a gas station. this mexican we kalled "Amigo" he was the hardest worker. he would sweep up, fill up gas, like he was a hard ass worker. some niggas would pick on him, not physically but verbally. and that shit wasnt too kool. i talked to him and my friend would always translate what he said to me. and he had like 3 kids in Mexico and he wants to bring them to America. like he was sayin that workin in the gas staion 1 day the pay is equivelent to workin 1 month in Mexico. Thats some shit. its not right when niggas fuck with mexicans workin hard as hell. i bet u AMigo got relatives that fuck niggas up. but Amigo was kool, he use to bum me ciggerettes all the time.

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » March 1st, 2005, 10:25 am

LOL @ at some of these posts :roll:

The thing is all latinos get picked on in different parts of the country so it really dont mean nothing...But also some parts they are uniting. Thats when a lotta people better start worrying :wink:

CARDENAS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by CARDENAS » March 1st, 2005, 5:40 pm

Mexicans In LA are fuckin Hot ..... OOowee.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 1st, 2005, 9:24 pm

mamlook wrote:LOL @ at some of these posts :roll:

The thing is all latinos get picked on in different parts of the country so it really dont mean nothing...But also some parts they are uniting. Thats when a lotta people better start worrying :wink:
What you talking about? "Thats when a lotta people better start worrying?" Come on with it.

All i know is, "hit-n-run" mofos is gonna fohhk with the wrong Mexicans one day and set it off.

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » March 3rd, 2005, 6:57 am

^^ Im speaking about all latinos uniting...

Read.

bb

Unread post by bb » March 26th, 2005, 1:19 am

I once was talkin to this puerto rican girl and the attitude she had towards mexicans was that they couldn't be trusted and that they have attitudes. I told her that if she don't know every mexican on earth that it wasn't a cool thing to generalize like that. She went on to tell me about this sort of Hispanic ranking sysytem. I dont know if its like this common thing throughout the latin world or a puerto rican thing or just her family thing but, she went on to say that at the top of the (blood pureness) ladder was the Spanish folks and then the Puerto Ricans(she probably put Puerto Ricans in 2nd place cuz thats what she is)then she skipped a whole lot of countries then said that Mexicans were last. This was the first time that I ever heard of anything like this. One thing I did notice though was that the order she put it in was very color cordenated. Lighter at the top being the Spanish Europeans going to the bottom wich were the dark skinned native americans. If this Ranking Thing is somethin that people really believe in than i could see why other hispanic groups look down on Mexicans or any other Darker complectioned Hispanic person. The Hispanics like most other Euro settlers degraded the self image of the native americans into a sort of self hate just like they did with African slaves. If you tell generations of people that your are ugly and your skin color is ugly and your dumb and then you give them a whole new culture and new customes and boost the white image. They well most likely go for that not even knowing it though because its passed down from generation to generation. Then the different groups will start looking down on other groups and im not tryna say that its just a hate thing but its like a subconscience racism. You can see examples of this in how SOME of the Mellatos looked down on there darker brothers and sisters back in the days and and still today. Just the simple fact that she put Spanish people at the top said alot to me.Please let me know if you guys have heard similar things as far as a race ladder.

DuarteESiderSGVX3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DuarteESiderSGVX3 » March 26th, 2005, 10:09 am

a girl at my school is always bragging about puerto rican this, puerto rican that, and shes always saying the puerto rican race is the best out there that the rest is all a piece of shit.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 26th, 2005, 11:55 am

on the east coast mexicans are hated on like crazy. they are made fun of, stereotyped, and harassed. east coast mexicans are much different than west coast mexicans.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 26th, 2005, 12:03 pm

se11 wrote:on the east coast mexicans are hated on like crazy. they are made fun of, stereotyped, and harassed. east coast mexicans are much different than west coast mexicans.
For the most parts thats true, there are no really established mexican communities like there are in Texas or Kali. Most the mexicans we encounter are fresh out of Mexico, know little to no english, and are usually migrant workers. Its just geographic, the same way the carribean community here is huge and the influence of the west indies is reflected in certain hoods could be said the same for the west koast and mexicans. Unlike alot of people in NYC ive had the chance to meet some ese kats out of LA and them dudes was kool for the most part. But to sum this long ass paragraph up, most mexicans on the east koast arent even citizens unlike in the west where they have generations of mexican-americans.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 26th, 2005, 10:06 pm

bb wrote:I once was talkin to this puerto rican girl and the attitude she had towards mexicans was that they couldn't be trusted and that they have attitudes. I told her that if she don't know every mexican on earth that it wasn't a cool thing to generalize like that. She went on to tell me about this sort of Hispanic ranking sysytem. I dont know if its like this common thing throughout the latin world or a puerto rican thing or just her family thing but, she went on to say that at the top of the (blood pureness) ladder was the Spanish folks and then the Puerto Ricans(she probably put Puerto Ricans in 2nd place because thats what she is)then she skipped a whole lot of countries then said that Mexicans were last. This was the first time that I ever heard of anything like this. One thing I did notice though was that the order she put it in was very color cordenated. Lighter at the top being the Spanish Europeans going to the bottom wich were the dark skinned native americans. If this Ranking Thing is somethin that people really believe in than i could see why other hispanic groups look down on Mexicans or any other Darker complectioned Hispanic person. The Hispanics like most other Euro settlers degraded the self image of the native americans into a sort of self hate just like they did with African slaves. If you tell generations of people that your are ugly and your skin color is ugly and your dumb and then you give them a whole new culture and new customes and boost the white image. They well most likely go for that not even knowing it though because its passed down from generation to generation. Then the different groups will start looking down on other groups and im not tryna say that its just a hate thing but its like a subconscience racism. You can see examples of this in how SOME of the Mellatos looked down on there darker brothers and sisters back in the days and and still today. Just the simple fact that she put Spanish people at the top said alot to me.Please let me know if you guys have heard similar things as far as a race ladder.
Yeah, alot of other Latins hate us Mexicans like skinheads. Hadn't met too many other Latins until I travelled outside the West Coast. Got into some funk with btich made colombian cause of my ethnicity. Was no thing though, he had no heart, and hiding out right now.

To be honest though, I don't really care what other Latinos think. They could be swallowed up by the South American rainforest or be drowned by a giant flood and I wouldn't notice. On the other hand, other Latinos are always thinking about what Mexicans are doing. It's like they look up to us. Don't know what to tell them other than to hang in there and stay positive...jealousy and envy will get them nowhere.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 26th, 2005, 11:39 pm

Correct me if Im wrong but there is a difference between Mexican-Americans and Mexicans straight outta Mexico. Mex-Americans have been in the US for generations due to the fact Cali used to be part of Mexico, so its possible that families have never been to Mexico ever including there great great grandparents. In regards to Mexicans on the east being darker and smaller, its more then likely due to the fact that they have more indian blood and less spanish blood, in Cali you see some big Mexican dudes that are not very dark at all.

DC

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » March 27th, 2005, 12:21 am

The sad truth even mexicans here in LA are made fun of by chicanos.
Last edited by Dr. Gonzo on March 28th, 2005, 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 27th, 2005, 2:45 am

why hate on Mexican Nationals..

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 28th, 2005, 2:02 am

Why do Chicanos think they are better then Mexicans, it makes no sense to put down your own Race.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 28th, 2005, 9:46 pm

DC wrote:Why do Chicanos think they are better then Mexicans, it makes no sense to put down your own Race.
Why do Mexicans from Mexico put down Chicanos from the USA?

It's not a "race" issue. It's more of a class issue. Just like there are different classes of people in almost every country in the entire world. To other people though, it's a race issue because they make no distinction.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 28th, 2005, 11:33 pm

OK maybe its not a race issue, but it still makes no sense to put down your own people, why wouldnt they embrace each other and come together as Mexican brothers..

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 30th, 2005, 9:14 am

DuarteESiderSGVX3 wrote:a girl at my school is always bragging about puerto rican this, puerto rican that, and shes always saying the puerto rican race is the best out there that the rest is all a piece of shit.
lol... there some bitches i know who are straight white, dont speak spanish, curl up there hair, klaimin puerto rico hard. with last names like "Boikinalav, Eisenberg" lol... that shit is straight retarded. why some white chicks think to ghetto and be kool u have to be puerto rican. kause sometimes some rican girls do look like white girls and they 100% rican. but white chicks who do that are retarded. i know ghetto ass white girls who is straight hood and niggas treat her like a nigga. but damn thats some dumb shit white girls be doin. do white chicks do that in ya'll areas? kause i know like at least 15-20 white girls i've encountered or grew up with who does or did that.

and Mexikans should be respekted. im not an Ese, im straight Black. but they paved the way for Latino gangs. and they use to take kare of a lot of other Latino inmates in places where puerto ricans are minorities. im sayin if u a gangsta ass latino nigga, why u pickin on the niggas that paved the way for ya'll? i only fuck with the Eses that fuck with me.

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » March 30th, 2005, 12:38 pm

i feel what you guys are sayin'......seems to me that no matter where you go in the united states, no matter what mexican communinty.
You will always have the US against THEM mentality, and its sad that even within ones own cultural group you have such petty division.
Mexican against Mexican american, its really sad...and over what?!?!
I think both sides are responsible for the bickering, you have mexican nationals who hate american born mexicans and call them "pochos" or "vendidos" etc...because their spanish may not be good or they dont speak it at all. You have Chicanos calling their mexican brothers "wetbacks" etc...trying to distance themselves as far as possible from the newcomers.
All of this pathetic back and forth bickering stems largely from one simple thing IGNORANCE of one another.

You/We are still brown even if you dont speak spanish, our blood is what connects us..not a fucking language that was forced on our ancestors by europeans from another continent!
sadly this amerikkkan society conditions us all to hate our own.
Self hatred is a learned condition and it is very prevalent in this society!
I dont know if that will cease.

As for puerto ricans....they can come an hassle me if they have the balls, but when all is said and done, they'll get dealt with.
haha I'll wipe my ass with their flag, right smack down in the middle of spanish harlem.

Im crazy like that.

Show no fear, an no man will be able to take your pride!

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » April 3rd, 2005, 11:01 pm

If you are a Mexican American 2nd generation and cannot speak spanish I think its time you just call yourself an American. You can still be proud of your heritage but how can you call yourself Mexican.

K.BLESS360

Unread post by K.BLESS360 » April 14th, 2005, 6:54 pm

To put it in simple terms
Hispanics/Latinos go way overboard with their Nationalism.Puerto Ricans hate Dominicans.Ecuadorians hate Peruvians,Salvadorians hate Mexicans,Etc.Some of them have valid reasons to hate each other;Peruvians vs. Ecuadorians since we have gone to war with each other.But other have no reason to hate,it's just their nationalism that dosent let them connect with each other.I for one dont have no hate in my blood for my Latino/Latina Brothers/Sisters.But,unfortunately not everyone shares this emotion;they will sterotype each other and hate off those stereotypes.
Dominicans are viewed has sexually opened people;where central americans and south americans are more on the low,quiet.
Puerto Ricans are viewed has "tecatos"(drug fiens);that live off welfare.
Mexicans are viewed by every other hispanic has being at the bottom of the totem pole.Also,not most times;but sometimes race does play into this on-going feuds in the Hispanic community.Dominicans of course have African Influences just like Puerto Ricans;and Mexicans and those other Latinos that Are mestizos,generally have racists views against those with African ancestries.

Chicano15
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chicano15 » April 16th, 2005, 11:39 am

DC wrote:If you are a Mexican American 2nd generation and cannot speak spanish I think its time you just call yourself an American. You can still be proud of your heritage but how can you call yourself Mexican.
Word. One thing I hate in this world is Mexicans who can't speak spanish. I even sometimes have to correct my little sister to talk more spanish in the house instead of english 24/7. My little sister and her friends sometimes put rap music (50 cent, lil john etc) and I get pissed because they think they are black or some shit. Why can't they just simply put some Intocable, Pesado, etc instead?

Where I live sometimes I feel like I am the only one proud to be of Mexican heritage. The other time in my spanish III class a substitute teacher came and he talked to us for about 20 minute explaining how proud he is to be a Mexican and everyone in the class (all Mexicans) didn't even pay attention to him and sometimes laughed at what he said.
Just 2 days ago I almost got in a fist fight with my friend because he was saying some things about Mexicans being stupid etc. The thing is he is Mexican as well.......

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 17th, 2005, 9:02 am

The bottom line is this: with latinos, blacks, and other people of color, we now outnumber white americans in all major cities, because of this, they have to play divide and conquer, by making Latinos, and asians, Honorary Whites, it's keeps us at each other, and not the real problems. Why do you think the labor movement took so much time to come up?, they made it a race issue instead of what it was, an economic issue, and as long as we fall for that, NONE of us will ever win my friends, for real, think about it..........

elmatador447

Unread post by elmatador447 » November 27th, 2005, 3:31 pm

Im venezuelan and I live in california and I get along with my mexican homies and even chicano homies. The thing with chicanos is that they don't know what it's like to live in latin america and chicanos that don't speak spanish are basically american

Mexican:.805
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mexican:.805 » November 27th, 2005, 6:27 pm

yea Mexicans on that eAST probably have a lot of inDian blood, and most likely from SUR meXico.
bigger on the West cuz ur talking bout 2nd generation Mexicans most of em. born here. for example, my parents are from Mexico MATAMOROS. they moved here, worked hard. and feed me good, so im bigger then they were, cuz they didnt have much money or food.
and Mexicans being hated on by others n the EAST, its not right n fuked up. its all good tho, we the biggest Latinos in the US population wise, and were gettin bigger. sooner or later there gona have to luv mexicAns, or gona get cHecked.
and 2nd gEneration Mexicans hating on mexican nationals is str8 retartded. ur own people man, i swear next time this happens im chEcking chins foreals. i luv my pEOple, its still BROWN PRIDE MEXICAN POWER.

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » November 27th, 2005, 9:48 pm

One of my niggaz in miami who is cuban was tellin me a few years ago that whenever he went to LA and he ran into mexicans they criticized him callin him a nigger lover and saying he is from a nigger lovin country now he is darker(not blacc) than most mexicans and if he grew out his hair would look more indian than a mexican and they sayin cubans are a disgrace to the latin race.Now I c why he has a hatred for mexicans I aint got a problem with them they cool to me but alot of cubans or anybody from spanish speaking countries in the carribean dont like mexicans and ive seen with my own eyes a mexican who wasnt bangin he acted like a white boy get his ass beat for just being mexican in miami.

jesuschrist
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jesuschrist » September 24th, 2007, 10:18 pm

[quote="DC"]Why do Chicanos think they are better then Mexicans, it makes no sense to put down your own Race.[/quoteI USED TO KNOW A BROTHA IN MY APARTMENTS WERE THEY HAD ALOT OF NIGERIANS AND ETHOPIANS WHO TRIED SO HARD TO SPORT FUBU AND KARL KANI AND ROCAWEAR AND WEAR BANDANAS AND SPORT CHAINS AND LISTEN TO RAP LIKE TEH US BLACKS DO--WELL ALL THE BLACK GUYS I EVER MET HATED THEM FUCKERS BIGTIME !THATS HOW IT IS WITH CHICANOS AND MEXIS

jesuschrist
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jesuschrist » September 24th, 2007, 10:23 pm

SD4life wrote:My grandma moved to the US straight from Nicaragua and she dosn't like Mexicans. She now lives in a predominant Mexican area too, and she still hasnt really adapted to it.
FUNNY MY MOTHER MOVED STARIGHT FROM NICARAGUA AND MARRIED A MEXICAN A FEW YRS LATER!ANOTHER THING MY MOTHER IS FRIENDS IT SEEMS LIKE DAM NEAR EVERY NICA IN LA-AND ALMOST ALL THEIR KIDS ARE MARRIED TO MEXICANS AND A FEW TO WHITES-SO I DONT KNOW WERE UR COMING FROM

jesuschrist
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jesuschrist » September 24th, 2007, 10:27 pm

Anonymous wrote:I've tried to figure that one out myself, but when i ask my hispanic friends it seems like they don't even know, but the mexicans seem to be univerally hated by the rest of them, even more so than the cubans
BS!!THE PUERTO RICANS ARE HATED THE MOST THEY GET ALONG WITH NO OTHER LATINOS!EVEN IN THE FEDS THEY RIDE ALONE OR WITH THE BLACKS-MEXICANS /CHICANOS AND OTHER INDIAN LATINOS GET ALONG FINE ESPECIALLY THEIR KIDS-INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE IS MORE THAN COMMON-IM THE PRODUCT OF NICA/MEXI....AND MY GIRL IS SALVI/MEXI--MY BROTEHRS WIFE IS FROM PERU AND HES THE SAME AS ME,MY FRIENDS ARE ALL MXED WITH SOME OTHER LATINO---MY FIRST LOVE WAS COLUMBIAN-IT IS BETWEEN NEW ARRIVALS IMMIGRANTS YOUR TALKING ABOUT!BECUASE ALL THE KIDS ARE KOOL

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » September 25th, 2007, 10:36 am

Anonymous wrote:I wonder about this, because, i havwe friends of verious backgrounds, and my Cuban friend from Miami told me Cubans dislike Mexicans because, the, as he said,"Swing from white Nuts" A puerto rican friend told me dislikes Mexicans, because the hate therir own skin. What is the opinion of everybody else out there?
I would say because Racism/Ethnocentrism is absolutely retarded and follows no logic anyways.

ElSalvador289

Unread post by ElSalvador289 » October 29th, 2007, 9:02 am

mexicans are dirty people who would steal from there own mother thats why we hate mexicans there almost as bad as niggers
we hate ricans because there black