The Amazing half-black, half-Hispanic Spiderman???

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

The Amazing half-black, half-Hispanic Spiderman???

Unread post by Tre » August 4th, 2011, 2:09 am

USA Today revealed that as a result of the death of Peter Parker last month in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #160: that the new Spider-Man will be a half-black, half-Hispanic teen named Miles Morales when Ultimate Spider-Man relaunches September 2011.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: The Amazing half-black, half-Hispanic Spiderman???

Unread post by Tre » August 7th, 2011, 8:31 am

Conservative Radio host Glenn Beck blames Michelle Obama for half- black, half- Hispanic Spiderman??

Radio host Glenn Beck Wednesday joined a chorus of conservatives who are outraged that the new Ultimate Spider-Man is half black and half Hispanic. But Beck went even further, speculating that the new superhero incarnation may be the fault of first lady Michele Obama.
“He looks just like President Obama,” Beck complained. “This one is half Hispanic and half black. Do I care if he’s half Hispanic, all Hispanic? No. Half black? I don’t care. I really don’t care. Half gay, all gay? I don’t really care! It’s a stupid comic book.”
“However, what I do care about is the fact that I think a lot of this stuff is being done intentionally,” he added, pointing to a remark Michele Obama made in 2008: “We’re going to have to change our traditions, our history.”
“It’s strange how so much of this seems to be happening,” Beck said. “Really? We now have a half-black, half-Hispanic, gay Spider-Man?”

Mediaite’s Jon Bershad noted that the new Ultimate Spider-Man is not replacing the regular Spider-Man, and is, in fact, actually not gay!

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » August 7th, 2011, 8:48 pm

Several classic comic book characters have been given a race lift in recent years. Green Lantern, Nick Fury to name a few. It's an easy way to diversify.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » December 12th, 2011, 1:09 am

Lol@ half black, half Hispanic… as if a full blooded human being can be described in terms of a measuring cup. In many black circles we would just regard this brother as an afro-Mexican. I understand the creator of this is Jewish- American??

To regard anyone as half anything is somewhat insulting. Mexican is a nationality, it has nothing to do with your skin color. So how can someone be half of a nationality and the other half their skin color?? This is also typical of some La Raza brainwashing today, whereby only light skin people are Mexicans and if you are of a darker complexion, we’ll that would make you just half-Mexican…lol. Back in the day lighter skin Mexicans would insult their darker skin brothers by referring to them as mala raza.