Am I white or mixed?

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Am I white or mixed?

Unread post by Silencioso » March 10th, 2005, 4:14 pm

Penelope Cruz would stand out like a sore thumb in a group of meztizas.
The b1tch even has freckles. She's a Spanish cracker!

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » March 10th, 2005, 8:28 pm

mix penelope in with a group of northern european whites, she would also stick out like a sore thumb.

And on the term "latino" thats more of a cultural identification than it is a racial one....if you were mexican than the term "mexican" would be the most accurate, because in all accuracy Mexicans are like their own race of people our indigenous blood runs very deep in many of us...keep in mind that the word "mexican" is an english derivative of the nahuatl aztec word "Mexica" meaning "people of the naval of the moon".
so defining yourself as "mexican" is like paying homage to our aztec ancestors.
The term "latino" should be only used to refer to spanish speaking peoples in collective description.
Because its very easy to see that puerco ricans, cubans, dominicans etc...are practically night and day as far as racial characteristics are concerned compared to mexicans and central americans, so why should i group myself with these Peoples if i know im not the same race as them?!?!

Thus is the BS machine of pro-white propaganda that is the US census, that has us all identifying ourselves through what they define us as.

Thats pretty damn sorry

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » March 11th, 2005, 4:37 pm

100 how can you make the assumption that i'm confuse? When did we meet besides on a internet forum? You know fuc all about if i'm confused or not. I know where i come from and i'm proud of it. You saying that i'm confused along side my children groundless and plain out stupid.

You are right in one part though the post is angry. I'm angry that people are trying to seperate one from another. Its ignorant. Ultimatly we all come from the same place no matter what race we are. If you beleive in god then adam eve, if you beleive in evolution......you get the idea.

Welcome to the 21st century guys everyone is mixed in one way or another.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 11th, 2005, 5:04 pm

PS1979 wrote:mix penelope in with a group of northern european whites, she would also stick out like a sore thumb.

And on the term "latino" thats more of a cultural identification than it is a racial one....if you were mexican than the term "mexican" would be the most accurate, because in all accuracy Mexicans are like their own race of people our indigenous blood runs very deep in many of us...keep in mind that the word "mexican" is an english derivative of the nahuatl aztec word "Mexica" meaning "people of the naval of the moon".
so defining yourself as "mexican" is like paying homage to our aztec ancestors.
The term "latino" should be only used to refer to spanish speaking peoples in collective description.
Because its very easy to see that puerco ricans, cubans, dominicans etc...are practically night and day as far as racial characteristics are concerned compared to mexicans and central americans, so why should i group myself with these Peoples if i know im not the same race as them?!?!

Thus is the BS machine of pro-white propaganda that is the US census, that has us all identifying ourselves through what they define us as.

Thats pretty damn sorry

that is plain stupid. You wouldn't know if you were aztec if a real aztec fell out of the sky and landed on you. You could be any number of "indiginous" mexican peoples from aztec to inca, and all the smaller groups that were affiliated with neither one. On top of that, most of those different groups DISPISED each other, so if you happen to not be a direct decendant of an aztec, you are actually disrespecting your ancestors by saying such nonsense. Wake up homie. All mexico is a huge country invented by spain. Much like Afghanistan was invented by England. If left to their own devises, and not influenced by europe, you would all still be at war with each other, there was never any kind of nationalism because you are actually made up of dozens of different "indiginous" nations. Aztecs are just one. And it wasn't an english derivative of any aztec word, because the name was made up by spanish speakers, not english speakers.

come correct or be corrected.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 15th, 2005, 9:38 pm

If you look white you are white, if you look black you are black.
Its pretty simple ...

Dc

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 16th, 2005, 3:38 pm

bobdole wrote:
wizdom wrote:its whatever u look like realli, if u look white then u white.
what if a person doesnt look white but their siblings do?
its what u look like and how u raised in my opinion. its how u look and what ethnic manners u learn more

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » March 17th, 2005, 2:48 pm

Nobody's claiming Penelope Cruz is Northern Euro, just that she's "white".
I doubt she'd stand out that much among Welsh people like Catherine Zeta Jones or Irish people like George Clooney. I think she's lighter than George Clooney in fact.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 17th, 2005, 3:45 pm

Ever heard of the black Irish, years ago Spanish Sailors came to Ireland and mixed with the Irish people, thats why we see alot of Irish people with dark hair.

DC

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”