CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
iberianpride
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: February 25th, 2005, 7:17 pm

CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by iberianpride » March 3rd, 2005, 5:56 pm

whats your opinion?

User avatar
MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1666
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 3:57 pm
Location: any bar in Chicago.

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by MICK » March 3rd, 2005, 6:00 pm

SHE IS HALF IRISH AND HALF EQUADORIAN.

User avatar
MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1666
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 3:57 pm
Location: any bar in Chicago.

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by MICK » March 3rd, 2005, 6:00 pm

AN IRISH BUDDY OF MINE IS MARRIED TO A GIRL FROM EQUADOR AND THEY ALWAYS JOKE THAT SHE IS THEIR KID.

User avatar
wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 509
Joined: December 8th, 2004, 5:55 pm
Location: Norwalk, California

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by wizdom » March 3rd, 2005, 6:01 pm

SHE LOOKS WHIIIITE! now she tryna be all spanish. one of my rican homeboys said when she was on this spanish award show back in the day, that she was singing in spanish and she was saying words MAAAD wrong

User avatar
MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1666
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 3:57 pm
Location: any bar in Chicago.

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by MICK » March 3rd, 2005, 7:41 pm

^ LOL

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by Silencioso » March 4th, 2005, 4:03 pm

Racially she's white. Her Latino dad is European/ Spanish looking and her mom is European-American.

User avatar
GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 206
Joined: February 8th, 2005, 4:50 pm
Contact:

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » March 4th, 2005, 8:25 pm

shes annoying

100
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 929
Joined: August 3rd, 2004, 11:38 pm

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by 100 » March 5th, 2005, 2:18 pm

WHY ARE LATINOS IGNORANT ABOUT HISPANIC? DAMN MAKES NO SENSE IN REFERENCE TO THE DUDE THAT SAID HIS RICAN FRIEND SAID SHE SAID ALL THE SPANISH WORDS WRONG
DON'T TAKE THE IGNORANT PART HOT HEADED THOSE OF YOU MAY KNOW WHERE IM GETTING AT!

BASICALLY SHE IS WHITE RACIALY AND HISPANIC TOO IF HER BACKGROUND WAS ONLY ECUADORIAN SHE 'D BE A WHITE-HISPANIC JUST LIKE PENELOPE CRUZ IS WHITE!

User avatar
wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 509
Joined: December 8th, 2004, 5:55 pm
Location: Norwalk, California

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by wizdom » March 7th, 2005, 3:21 pm

100 wrote:WHY ARE LATINOS IGNORANT ABOUT HISPANIC? DAMN MAKES NO SENSE IN REFERENCE TO THE DUDE THAT SAID HIS RICAN FRIEND SAID SHE SAID ALL THE SPANISH WORDS WRONG
DON'T TAKE THE IGNORANT PART HOT HEADED THOSE OF YOU MAY KNOW WHERE IM GETTING AT!

BASICALLY SHE IS WHITE RACIALY AND HISPANIC TOO IF HER BACKGROUND WAS ONLY ECUADORIAN SHE 'D BE A WHITE-HISPANIC JUST LIKE PENELOPE CRUZ IS WHITE!


but penelope speaks spanish and doesnt she have an accent. christina is like wants to b ghetto, and now being spanish is the cool thing now, so she wants to show that she can be cool.

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: October 10th, 2004, 6:03 pm

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by PS1979 » March 7th, 2005, 3:56 pm

penelope cruz doesnt look "white" in the classical sense at all.
Penelopes a straight iberian looking female olive skin, dark features-non northern european characteristics.

remember the term "european" doesnt automatically mean "white".
You got people of all races residing in europe who identify themselves as europeans but racially they do not classify themselves as "white".

The Indigenous peoples of spain the iberians were not a "white" race of people! please do your homework...

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by Panik » March 7th, 2005, 4:20 pm

wizdom wrote:
100 wrote:WHY ARE LATINOS IGNORANT ABOUT HISPANIC? DAMN MAKES NO SENSE IN REFERENCE TO THE DUDE THAT SAID HIS RICAN FRIEND SAID SHE SAID ALL THE SPANISH WORDS WRONG
DON'T TAKE THE IGNORANT PART HOT HEADED THOSE OF YOU MAY KNOW WHERE IM GETTING AT!

BASICALLY SHE IS WHITE RACIALY AND HISPANIC TOO IF HER BACKGROUND WAS ONLY ECUADORIAN SHE 'D BE A WHITE-HISPANIC JUST LIKE PENELOPE CRUZ IS WHITE!


but penelope speaks spanish and doesnt she have an accent. christina is like wants to b ghetto, and now being spanish is the cool thing now, so she wants to show that she can be cool.


well, I never listened to her, and yeah, she could pass for completely white, but I think we can all agree that her last name is fairly hispanic, so I don't think you can say that she is just trying to be spanish to be cool. As for actually speaking spanish, there are a lot of people that are not "white" that are born here that never learn their ethnic language. Plenty of asians don't speak their peoples language cuz they were born here and taguht in english. Same with 3rd and 4th generation mexicans and whatever else, there comes a time when it is no longer necessary to learn a language that is not english.

User avatar
TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1064
Joined: January 20th, 2004, 1:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Windsor Hills section)

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by TheReal » March 8th, 2005, 12:35 pm

iberianpride wrote:whats your opinion?


*She's a white "hispanic/latino." Nuff said...

100
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 929
Joined: August 3rd, 2004, 11:38 pm

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by 100 » March 8th, 2005, 6:12 pm

PS1979 wrote:penelope cruz doesnt look "white" in the classical sense at all.
Penelopes a straight iberian looking female olive skin, dark features-non northern european characteristics.

remember the term "european" doesnt automatically mean "white".
You got people of all races residing in europe who identify themselves as europeans but racially they do not classify themselves as "white".

The Indigenous peoples of spain the iberians were not a "white" race of people! please do your homework...



GET OVER IT SHE'S WHITE YOU CAN'T FACE THE FACTS THAT HISPANCIS ARE JUST WHITE TOO

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: October 10th, 2004, 6:03 pm

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by PS1979 » March 8th, 2005, 9:05 pm

why do white people of northern european extraction have such a horrible habit of labeling people "white" who obviously given their physical appearance, clearly are not?!?!

Im going by pure fact here homeboy, penelope may be "european" culturally, but racially she clearly isnt Nordic, germanic, or northern european judging by her Iberian racial characteristics.

"GET OVER IT SHE'S WHITE YOU CAN'T FACE THE FACTS THAT HISPANCIS ARE JUST WHITE TOO"

go somewhere else with all that nonsense

100
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 929
Joined: August 3rd, 2004, 11:38 pm

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by 100 » March 9th, 2005, 4:18 pm

PS1979 wrote:why do white people of northern european extraction have such a horrible habit of labeling people "white" who obviously given their physical appearance, clearly are not?!?!

Im going by pure fact here homeboy, penelope may be "european" culturally, but racially she clearly isnt Nordic, germanic, or northern european judging by her Iberian racial characteristics.

"GET OVER IT SHE'S WHITE YOU CAN'T FACE THE FACTS THAT HISPANCIS ARE JUST WHITE TOO"

go somewhere else with all that nonsense



IT DOES NOT MATTER THOSE PEOPLE LABEL EM DIFFERENT FOR OBVIOUS REASONS BUT BESIDES THAT THE PERSON I WAS REALLY TALKING ABOUT WAS CAMERON DIAZ, CAMERON DIAZ CAMERON DIAZ CAMERON DIAZ.


AND JUST CAUSE SOUTHERN EUROPE IS SLIGHTY DIFFERENT FROM THE NORTH MAKES THEM NON WHITE? WHAT ARE THEY LATINO?

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: October 10th, 2004, 6:03 pm

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by PS1979 » March 9th, 2005, 6:58 pm

cameron diaz is butt ass ugly, whats all the hype about i dont get it???

But yeah camerons half and half...cuban & white.

The word "latino" simply means "latin" in spanish.
Spanish is considered a "latin" language or a romance language.
"romance" as in "roman". People usually use the two terms interchangeably when describing the language of spain.
Spanish speakers are generally than labeled simply as "latin" because of the languages latin aka roman roots....its more a cultural/linguistic identification than it is a racial one.

bobdole
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: March 5th, 2005, 9:41 am

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by bobdole » March 10th, 2005, 9:50 am

PS1979 wrote:why do white people of northern european extraction have such a horrible habit of labeling people "white" who obviously given their physical appearance, clearly are not?!?!

Im going by pure fact here homeboy, penelope may be "european" culturally, but racially she clearly isnt Nordic, germanic, or northern european judging by her Iberian racial characteristics.

"GET OVER IT SHE'S WHITE YOU CAN'T FACE THE FACTS THAT HISPANCIS ARE JUST WHITE TOO"

go somewhere else with all that nonsense

what about southern europeans that look northern european?
skin color can be changed to pink from a burn and to brown from a tan many times.

bobdole
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: March 5th, 2005, 9:41 am

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by bobdole » March 10th, 2005, 9:51 am

PS1979 wrote:penelope cruz doesnt look "white" in the classical sense at all.
Penelopes a straight iberian looking female olive skin, dark features-non northern european characteristics.

remember the term "european" doesnt automatically mean "white".
You got people of all races residing in europe who identify themselves as europeans but racially they do not classify themselves as "white".

The Indigenous peoples of spain the iberians were not a "white" race of people! please do your homework...


depends, northern spain looks more nordic than southern spain.

100
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 929
Joined: August 3rd, 2004, 11:38 pm

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by 100 » March 10th, 2005, 2:12 pm

PS1979 wrote:cameron diaz is butt ass ugly, whats all the hype about i dont get it???

But yeah camerons half and half...cuban & white.

The word "latino" simply means "latin" in spanish.
Spanish is considered a "latin" language or a romance language.
"romance" as in "roman". People usually use the two terms interchangeably when describing the language of spain.
Spanish speakers are generally than labeled simply as "latin" because of the languages latin aka roman roots....its more a cultural/linguistic identification than it is a racial one.






I DON'T CARE ABOUT ALL THE REST OF THAT SH!!!T IF SO HAITIANS ARE LATINO TOO, BLACKS FROM THE TINY ISLAND OF DOMINICA ARE LATINOS TOO, MARTINIQUE ETC ETC ANGOLANS.



HOW IN THE H3LL IS SOMEONE HALF A NATIONALITY AND HALF A RACE

SHE'S AMERICAN AND CUBAN YOU MEAN? OVERALL SHE'S AMERICAN WHITE AND WHITE-LATINA

User avatar
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1851
Joined: October 7th, 2004, 10:51 am
Location: Harlem World aka Purple City
Contact:

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 10th, 2005, 2:24 pm

who cares, id smash

100
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 929
Joined: August 3rd, 2004, 11:38 pm

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by 100 » March 10th, 2005, 2:34 pm

purplecityhello wrote:who cares, id smash



I DON'T CARE IM JUST GETTING MY POINT ACROSS PEOPLE ARE MIXING NATIONALITY WITH RACE!

AS FAR AS SMASHING, I'D HIT TOO

AMAR420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 103
Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:00 pm

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by AMAR420 » March 22nd, 2005, 8:03 pm

the keltic looks on her suck

i prefer pure latinas

DuarteESiderSGVX3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 63
Joined: March 23rd, 2005, 12:17 pm
Location: Duarte SGV!!! currently living in riverside
Contact:

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by DuarteESiderSGVX3 » March 23rd, 2005, 4:52 pm

I SAY SHES MEXICAN CUSE SHE"S FINE ASS HELL

100
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 929
Joined: August 3rd, 2004, 11:38 pm

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by 100 » March 24th, 2005, 2:48 pm

AMAR420 wrote:the keltic looks on her suck

i prefer pure latinas




AND WTF WOULD THAT BE? YOU SAYING IT LIKE ITS A RACE OR SOMETHING?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA WHITE OR HISPANIC?

Unread post by Panik » March 24th, 2005, 11:04 pm

AMAR420 wrote:the keltic looks on her suck

i prefer pure latinas



a pure latina? name one. There is no such thing. All that would mean is that both of someone's parents spoke spanish or portuguese. You could still have a red headed white girl with freckles that was pure hispanic. Or a dark black girl that could be "pure latina".
\

The only thing you have proved is that you are a pure idiot.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 324
Joined: August 5th, 2003, 12:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by willihen » June 4th, 2005, 11:03 am

I guess I'm wrong and ya'll will get pissed but I consider hispanics as white.
So I think she's both. She's white but more specifically shes hispanic.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 5th, 2005, 10:49 am

There are both WHITE, BLACK, and BROWN LATINOS/HISPANICS


PITBULL FOR EXAMPLE I BELIEVE is a White Latino..
Noreaga is a black Latino..
And Jennifer Lopez is a Brown 'Real' Latino..

There are alot of White people in Latinamerica that are considered Latino.. Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Brazil etc.. Many over there have Italian, French, German, etc, ROOTS.

luis x
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 69
Joined: May 31st, 2005, 8:34 pm
Location: miami

Unread post by luis x » June 5th, 2005, 8:39 pm

fuckit i be like bitch you annoying dont talk show me that pussy let me hitit and leave haha and as far as she beein hite or hispanic and shit she always talking english and never shows nuttin of her hispanic background or says nuttin so ill consider her white

luis x
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 69
Joined: May 31st, 2005, 8:34 pm
Location: miami

Unread post by luis x » June 5th, 2005, 8:42 pm

and as far as roots as this dude the watcher was sayin immortal technique has african roots and he from peru i got african roots and am from cuba so it really dont matter the way you act and shit

100
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 929
Joined: August 3rd, 2004, 11:38 pm

Unread post by 100 » June 5th, 2005, 10:48 pm

luis x wrote:and as far as roots as this dude the watcher was sayin immortal technique has african roots and he from peru i got african roots and am from cuba so it really dont matter the way you act and shit



CAN YOU PROVE IT THAT YOU HAVE AFRICAN ROOTS OR IMMORTAL TECH.

HAVING AFRICAN ROOTS IS A LOT DIFFERENT THAN BEING AFRICAN OR BLACK

THOMAS JEFFERSON DESCENDANTS WENT FROM QUADROON, OCTOROON TO PURE WHITE SO IT DEPENDS

luis x
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 69
Joined: May 31st, 2005, 8:34 pm
Location: miami

Unread post by luis x » June 5th, 2005, 11:27 pm

my granfather told me and immortal technique is a serious dude he aint gon lie bout that and fo real no disrespect homie but i dont gotta show you nuttin my word is everything i need and if you dont believe then thats you mayn

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 6th, 2005, 5:47 am

luis x wrote:and as far as roots as this dude the watcher was sayin immortal technique has african roots and he from peru i got african roots and am from cuba so it really dont matter the way you act and shit


Immortal Tech is like half black.. hes grandfather was black ive heard..

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”