Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
Post Reply
AMAR420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 103
Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:00 pm

Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by AMAR420 » March 21st, 2005, 8:08 pm

Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050
U.S. Census Bureau
By GENARO C. ARMAS, Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON - For as long as there has been an America, whites have made up a clear majority. But that will change by 2050 when minority groups will be 49.9 percent of the population, the Census Bureau says.

Asians and Hispanics will see the most dramatic increases between now and midcentury, when the U.S. population will have grown by almost 50 percent to reach 420 million, according to bureau projections being released Thursday.

America will get older, too. Nearly 21 percent of its residents will be age 65 or older, compared with 12 percent now.

The data highlight trends long predicted. But racial and ethnic changes are taking shape faster than expected, due in large part to higher-than-forecast immigration rates for Asians and Hispanics, said Greg Spencer, a bureau demographer.

Whites now represent 69 percent of the population, but their growth is slowing because of low rates of birth and immigration. Their total will grow 7 percent to 210 million, or 50.1 percent of the population, in 2050.

Those figures do not include Hispanics. The Census Bureau counts "Hispanic" or "Latino" as an ethnicity rather than a race, so they can be of any race, including white.

Between 2040 and 2050, the Census Bureau expects the non-Hispanic white population actually will decline slightly because of a large number of expected deaths of baby boomers, who by 2040 will be at least 76.

Meantime, the Hispanic and Asian populations are expected to continue their explosive growth.

The Asian population is expected to more than triple to 33 million by 2050. Hispanics will increase their ranks by 188 percent to 102.6 million, or roughly one-quarter of the population.

"Historically, we've been a black-and-white country. That's not true any longer, and even less true in the future," said Roderick Harrison, a demographer with the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies in Washington, which studies issues of concern to minorities.

"A good deal of social history in the next several decades will be reflected in how we sort that out, whether we achieve greater degrees of equality in these populations," he said.

The projections — the first released by the bureau since the 2000 head count — also show a burgeoning older population as healthier lifestyles and better medical treatment increase longevity. By 2050, 5 percent of the country will be 85 or older, compared with 1.5 percent now.

"This poses very interesting challenges. Institutions are going to be transformed — and Social Security is the obvious one," said demographer Martha Farnsworth Riche, a former Census Bureau director. She pointed to education and health care as other affected areas.

Factors such as how multiracial Americans are counted could drastically alter these predictions, Riche and Harrison said.

Prior census data show that most Hispanics choose white as their race. Riche said that could be a sign that future generations of U.S.-born Latinos would select white and rather than Hispanic as their background as they move further from the generation that first immigrated to the United States.

"When you look at 2050 and possibly see a large Hispanic population that doesn't speak Spanish anymore, being Hispanic might be something very different from today," Harrison said.

The bureau expects the black population will rise 71 percent to over 61 million, or about 15 percent of the population, compared with nearly 13 percent now. Blacks would remain the second-largest minority.

Asians would comprise 8 percent of the population in 2050, compared with 4 percent now.

"This means more of a mix of cultures and ethnic backgrounds, said Edward Kwanhun Rim, president of the Pacific Rim Cultural Foundation, Inc. in Barrington, Ill., and a member of a citizen advisory panel to the Census Bureau on the Asian population. "It will be a more colorful and bright future — we can hope."

User avatar
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1851
Joined: October 7th, 2004, 10:51 am
Location: Harlem World aka Purple City
Contact:

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 22nd, 2005, 8:58 am

great, im lookind forward to it. ill probably be dead by then but hey

User avatar
Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 547
Joined: March 13th, 2005, 9:56 pm
Location: C-Town

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Tyrant » March 23rd, 2005, 5:43 pm

damn ill be 60 by then

User avatar
Unlimited
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 96
Joined: February 15th, 2005, 6:15 pm
Location: WestSide I.E

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Unlimited » March 23rd, 2005, 11:58 pm

I feel excited because America should be more diversed. But how do the Whites feel about this?

User avatar
GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 206
Joined: February 8th, 2005, 4:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » March 25th, 2005, 8:56 am

i dont really care

this nation should be diverse

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 778
Joined: July 17th, 2003, 10:15 pm
Location: State Hoppin

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by WIP » March 26th, 2005, 4:29 am

thats why white people are into space travel.

paulie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: March 27th, 2005, 3:12 pm
Location: chicago

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by paulie » March 27th, 2005, 3:42 pm

Whites will problly be the minority but will be the majority. I will be almost the same as it is now. The minorities r being held down now like growing up in the ghetto and stuff, and it prolly wont change all that much but who knows really.

User avatar
Kearney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 31
Joined: March 27th, 2005, 6:29 am
Location: Central Europe

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Kearney » March 27th, 2005, 5:51 pm

Thats pretty unimportant in my opinion.

As long as the capital is controlled by a certain group (in this case the white minority) the majority cannot do anything. Hispanic and black people will have to wait for a long time until they are treated equal...

User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Invincible » March 27th, 2005, 6:06 pm

they are treated equal. the ghetto is a myth.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by se11 » March 27th, 2005, 7:03 pm

Kearney wrote:Thats pretty unimportant in my opinion.

As long as the capital is controlled by a certain group (in this case the white minority) the majority cannot do anything. Hispanic and black people will have to wait for a long time until they are treated equal...
coming from someone in central europe talking about the US, you don't have a clue.

for the most part IF the whites were the minority, it would be to the hispanics, and not by much.

User avatar
Kearney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 31
Joined: March 27th, 2005, 6:29 am
Location: Central Europe

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Kearney » March 27th, 2005, 7:15 pm

Invincible wrote:they are treated equal. the ghetto is a myth.
Sure... The US does not treat races equal! Thats why most prisoners are NOT white. Thats why blacks/hispanics stay longer in jail compared to white people. Thats why most of the soldiers in iraq are not white.... and so on and so on...

User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Invincible » March 27th, 2005, 7:28 pm

whites make up just as many prisoners as blacks or hispanics (not put together ofcourse), they get sentenced less often percentage wise but that is because more whites are law abiding citizens and generally have no reason to commit crimes since many of them are well off or inherited money from their families. Not to mention its pretty easy to avoid the life of crime I mean all you have to do is get a regular job and live with roomates somwhere away from the ghetto or get a higher paid government type of a job. Hispanics only get sentenced on average twice as often percentage wise per capital and consider how many of them ar eillegal and cant find legal work so how much more incentive they have to commit crimes as compared to whites. There is really noe xcuse to the extremly high rate of black criminals or prisoners.

As for soldiers in Iraq being not white, where do you get your statistics? Note msot soldiers in Iraq are Republicans so Id guess they are white.

User avatar
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1851
Joined: October 7th, 2004, 10:51 am
Location: Harlem World aka Purple City
Contact:

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 27th, 2005, 7:53 pm

Invincible wrote:whites make up just as many prisoners as blacks or hispanics (not put together ofcourse), they get sentenced less often percentage wise but that is because more whites are law abiding citizens and generally have no reason to commit crimes since many of them are well off or inherited money from their families. Not to mention its pretty easy to avoid the life of crime I mean all you have to do is get a regular job and live with roomates somwhere away from the ghetto or get a higher paid government type of a job. Hispanics only get sentenced on average twice as often percentage wise per capital and consider how many of them ar eillegal and cant find legal work so how much more incentive they have to commit crimes as compared to whites. There is really noe xcuse to the extremly high rate of black criminals or prisoners.

As for soldiers in Iraq being not white, where do you get your statistics? Note msot soldiers in Iraq are Republicans so Id guess they are white.

I think every one on this boards agrees with me when i say

youre stupid homie

User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Invincible » March 27th, 2005, 8:28 pm

I dont necessarly agree with everything he says but he makes a few good points:

http://www.vdare.com/sailer/050213_mapping.htm

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by se11 » March 27th, 2005, 11:17 pm

kearney isn't even from america so he should just keep his mouth shut about what goes on in america or what america is doing in iraq.

invincilbe, although i respect some things you say, but there is NO WAY, NO CHANCE, NO PRAYER, that there is the same amount of whites as hispanics and blacks.

User avatar
TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1064
Joined: January 20th, 2004, 1:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Windsor Hills section)

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by TheReal » March 28th, 2005, 8:23 am

Invincible wrote:whites make up just as many prisoners as blacks or hispanics (not put together ofcourse), they get sentenced less often percentage wise but that is because more whites are law abiding citizens and generally have no reason to commit crimes since many of them are well off or inherited money from their families. Not to mention its pretty easy to avoid the life of crime I mean all you have to do is get a regular job and live with roomates somwhere away from the ghetto or get a higher paid government type of a job. Hispanics only get sentenced on average twice as often percentage wise per capital and consider how many of them ar eillegal and cant find legal work so how much more incentive they have to commit crimes as compared to whites. There is really noe xcuse to the extremly high rate of black criminals or prisoners.

As for soldiers in Iraq being not white, where do you get your statistics? Note msot soldiers in Iraq are Republicans so Id guess they are white.
*Did you know that during the 1930's on downward, that the majority of the prison population was 70% white? It's interesting because it appears as if the mid part of the 20th century, when white folks began to economically fare better than their previous generations, is what produced the lower numbers of white folks in prison, whereas during the time of black folks integrating into certain areas within this society, is when the black prison rates skyrocketed to where it's presently at nationally.

Now I'm not saying that this is social engineering, but it definitely makes you go hmmmmm...

User avatar
Kearney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 31
Joined: March 27th, 2005, 6:29 am
Location: Central Europe

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Kearney » March 28th, 2005, 9:41 am

se11 wrote:kearney isn't even from america so he should just keep his mouth shut about what goes on in america or what america is doing in iraq.
You´re not from iraq so don´t say a word about that country... Some Europeans still can say something about iraq, maybe you should think about that, aight? Break it down!

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by se11 » March 28th, 2005, 11:47 am

Kearney wrote:
se11 wrote:kearney isn't even from america so he should just keep his mouth shut about what goes on in america or what america is doing in iraq.
You´re not from iraq so don´t say a word about that country... Some Europeans still can say something about iraq, maybe you should think about that, aight? Break it down!
umm i didn't say one thing about iraq in this thread. but if i did it wouldn't be able the racial problems there having within them. i wouldn't talk about the isralies and palestininian in the gaza strip because i don't know shit about it. the same way you don't know shit about america and what goes on here. i cant stand when foreigners come up and try to tell me about the place i live in. if i started telling you about europe, having never been there, visited, or probably will visit, how would you feel.

User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Invincible » March 28th, 2005, 2:36 pm

Seems only logical to me that everything should be proportionate to color and/or race.

13% of blacks in college, along with 70% white.

13% of blacks in prison, along with 70% white.

13% of blacks in the NBA, along with 70% white.

13% of blacks in the NFL, along with 70% white.

13% of blacks stopped by police and questioned, along with 70% of whites being done the same.

Yup, great idea to do everything by race and we might need to also look at gender.

I assume the point is that you want to be able to commit crimes without having to go to prison.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by se11 » March 28th, 2005, 6:49 pm

but, it's not man, your wrong on this one. it's certanly not 13% black, 70% in hockey. there isn't 13% of blacks in the NFL and NBA, it is much higher. i am sorry here bro, but your dead wrong.

BobBarker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 69
Joined: December 1st, 2004, 8:07 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by BobBarker » March 28th, 2005, 7:33 pm

We'll all probably be dead by then. The main reason why whites will be the minority is because of hispanics immigrating here in such massive numbers. Even if whites were a minority and hispaics were the majority, white people would still run this country before they hand over any power to blacks or hispanics. Most latin american countries have very few whites, yet they control just about ever standard of living for black and brown people in those countries.

But you can't be too sure, cause this is just an estimate and small numbers of white people immigrate to the U.S. every year. But i hope the black population increases. Over the years, it acutually decreased due to the fact that so many dumbass tennage girls get pregnant and abort their babies and niggas keep killin each other over drug and gang shit.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 940
Joined: July 26th, 2004, 8:36 pm

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by DC » March 28th, 2005, 11:38 pm

I dont think whites will ever be a Minority, the black population will increase but it will never surpass the white population, unless maybe there is a massive influx of African immigrants to the US and white people leave and migrate back to Europe.

User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Invincible » March 29th, 2005, 3:24 am

se11 wrote:but, it's not man, your wrong on this one. it's certanly not 13% black, 70% in hockey. there isn't 13% of blacks in the NFL and NBA, it is much higher. i am sorry here bro, but your dead wrong.
I was being sarcastic. You cant say the percentage of population by race will be divided equally to everything. just because whites make up 70% of the population doesnt mean they have to make up that much of the prison population, although Ive heard varied statiostics like they make up 50% or 40% or whatever.

User avatar
Kearney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 31
Joined: March 27th, 2005, 6:29 am
Location: Central Europe

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by Kearney » March 29th, 2005, 5:01 am

fistfullofboomstick wrote:wtf? break it down? :lol:
Some kind of "insider" joke you can´t understand, sorry.
se11 wrote:kearney isn't even from america so he should just keep his mouth shut about what goes on in america or what america is doing in iraq.
se11 wrote:umm i didn't say one thing about iraq in this thread.
Liar, anyway also europeans can say something about iraq as the US are not alone in their oly alliance. Italy, Spain, Poland and the UK have forces there so why should i keep my eyes closed? I even try to learn about what happens in chechnia and i am no russian or chechen...

what i was trying to tell - sorry for my bad english - is, that the rich minority is white (and i know that there are far mor white people in america than other minorities), but the important thing is that you will find other races overrepresented in the "lower" parts of society and in prisons. And as a matter of fact i think the white people might be a minority in 50 years but they will still own the majority of stats capital and income.

I hope everybody could understand what i said.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by se11 » March 29th, 2005, 11:43 am

you are making it sound like in 2050 whites will be hard to come by. if they are the minority, they will be the minority by a very small %. it's not like hispanics will be dominant. there will be an almost equal number of whites and hispanics with hispanics having a few more.

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: October 10th, 2004, 6:03 pm

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by PS1979 » March 30th, 2005, 1:04 pm

I can just envision all of the whiteys in 2050 embarking upon mass pilgrimages to the moon or maybe even mars, to live amongst themselves in their space colonys.
What would really be fucked up though is if they run into martians or some sort of indigenous space race, which in turn the good ol' whiteys will try to enslave and...well you know the rest hahaha

but yeah, everyone on here knows that when they say "hispanics" they really mean mexicans, and mexicans are for the most part an INDIAN race.
So in all reality the western hemisphere would revert back into the hands of its true owners.
What goes around comes around!

I dont feel sorry at all for whitey.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by se11 » March 30th, 2005, 2:43 pm

for the most part there is no real problems between whites and hispanics anyway as it is. they will be a slight minority and life will keep going as it is.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 30th, 2005, 3:56 pm

whites are already a minority in my neighborhood so what does this matter to me?

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 30th, 2005, 5:52 pm

se11 wrote:for the most part there is no real problems between whites and hispanics anyway as it is. they will be a slight minority and life will keep going as it is.
many latinos feel they are getting unfairly treated in america,just like most blacks.So its not ''all good'' between whites and latinos.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by se11 » March 30th, 2005, 6:01 pm

yeah, those latinos are just lazy because they were never slaves, they were never really repressed, and those latinos are just looking for an easy way out. because we had a discussion before about how you though blacks were being repressed and we sort of ended that, but you can't in anyway argue the same for latinos.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 31st, 2005, 7:15 am

it doesnt mean they are lazy,it just means (like all people of color in this white dominated society) that they encounter discrimination.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Re: Whites Will Be A Minority in the U.S. by 2050

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 31st, 2005, 7:18 am

se11 wrote:yeah, those latinos are just lazy because they were never slaves, they were never really repressed, and those latinos are just looking for an easy way out. because we had a discussion before about how you though blacks were being repressed and we sort of ended that, but you can't in anyway argue the same for latinos.

if your name sounds latino(Juan Garcia for example) your more likely to be turned down or overlooked from everything to job interviews to buying homes in certain areas.Latinos also make up a much higher percentage of prison inmates than whites.If you ''look'' latino you are also more likely to be pulled over or harrased by the police.So yes you can argue the same for latinos.Look at how the US basicaly took land from mexicans and now they somehow feel as thou they have the right to tell these people they arent welcome on land that thier ancestors lived on much before whites came here and started the US.So yes,latinos do have a legitimate arguement when it comes to racism.

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”