chicago housing projects

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

chicago housing projects

Unread post by se11 » March 29th, 2005, 1:05 pm

i was watching a movie called judgement night. with denis leary, emilio estaves and cuba gooding jr. some guys were chased through some housing projects in chicago. they showed you some of the people living inside the projects, and i dont know if it was fixed this way or not, but they showed a wide mix of races living in the projects. it was mostly black people, but there was also a few asians, whites, and a few hispanics. is this what its relly like in chicago housing? i mean there was alot of asians and whites chillin outside at night, and in the appts. it seemed odd, but i dont know. i dont know if they were actors or what, but i know for hosuing scenes they usually just let the people who live there do the scene if they can. are somr projects in chicago this diverse?

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: chicago housing projects

Unread post by George » March 29th, 2005, 1:40 pm

Is it really odd??? Abnormal???

Or just not common in Hollywood flicks??????

If you go to certain cities in the U.S, you will see many Asians in Housing Projects.

Most of the other movies have only shown Blacks living in ghettos; along with the negative stereotypes of Blacks ALL living in poverty, dealing drugs, having guns, stealing, being in gangs, etc.

Its obvious though that there are many many educated Black people, well off Black people who go to College, work hard 9 to 5 six days a week, attend churches, have nice houses, EARNED and maintained careers in business, science, technology, politics.

yet often the media only shows an oversimplified view of Blacks being in sports/entertainments, and being ghettotized. Being at the bottom of society, needing the White man's handouts to survive and such.

you know????

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 29th, 2005, 2:06 pm

i know, but you didn't really answered my question. you just sort of started talking about how people from the projects can go to college and get a job, which 1)had nothing to do with what i asked 2)i already knew.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 30th, 2005, 6:38 pm

CHICAGO IS SEGRAGTED TOO FROM WHAT MY AUNT TOLD ME MAYBE SHE YEARS STROOK.

YOU CAN TELL WHOS WHERE BY WHICH MOB RUNS THE HOOD AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY ASIANS IN ANY AFRICAN AMERICAN HOODS IN CHICAGO WHEN I WAS THERE

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 30th, 2005, 6:48 pm

It was just a movie homie. goto chi-town yurself B. you aint gonna see know rainbow of people living in the projects- just blacks and hispanics

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 31st, 2005, 12:16 pm

Chicago is segragated(like most of amerikkka).Most of the PJs are all black and a few are mostly latino(Lanthrop Homes for example).They are tearing down alot of Chicagos PJs thou.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 31st, 2005, 12:20 pm

purplecityhello wrote:It was just a movie homie. goto chi-town yurself B. you aint gonna see know rainbow of people living in the projects- just blacks and hispanics

lol tru that.Its usually blacks and latinos in the ghettos with you know who in the ''upper class'' neighborhoods.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » March 31st, 2005, 1:01 pm

actually there is more poor whites than any other race, since they make up the largest percentage of population.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 31st, 2005, 1:21 pm

Invincible wrote:actually there is more poor whites than any other race, since they make up the largest percentage of population.
percentage wise buddy, percentage wise

we not talkin trailor parks

buck
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buck » March 31st, 2005, 1:39 pm

se11 wrote:i was watching a movie called judgement night. with denis leary, emilio estaves and cuba gooding jr. some guys were chased through some housing projects in chicago. they showed you some of the people living inside the projects, and i dont know if it was fixed this way or not, but they showed a wide mix of races living in the projects. it was mostly black people, but there was also a few asians, whites, and a few hispanics. is this what its relly like in chicago housing? i mean there was alot of asians and whites chillin outside at night, and in the appts. it seemed odd, but i dont know. i dont know if they were actors or what, but i know for hosuing scenes they usually just let the people who live there do the scene if they can. are somr projects in chicago this diverse?
This is one of the dumbest questions I've heard. Chicago is probably the most segregated big city in the country. A large portion of the white population that lives in the city live out north of course whites live in other parts of the city. Cabrini Green is the only projects out north. Do you seriously believe whites live in cabrini green lol(the most notorious projects in the 80's and 90's in the country)?. Most of the pjs are out south the taylors, jeffrey manor, stateway gardens, trumball park homes etc. and out west the abla homes, rockwell gardens, henry horner homes etc. Even the lathrop homes are mostly black and them kings are called project latin kings. Most of the hispanic population is out north, southwest (lil village, pilsen, back of the yards) and northwest(the humboldt park area) of course there are exceptions to this but anybody who lives in chicago or knows their way around will most likely agree.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 31st, 2005, 3:00 pm

i'd say the only difference is that poor blacks move in to the same neighborhoods foruming ghettos..

poor whites are more spread out

Rope-A-Dope
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rope-A-Dope » April 2nd, 2005, 12:26 pm

Where im from Wite,blacks,mexicans live amonst each other in the projects,Ghetto's,hood,and suburbs

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 2nd, 2005, 12:34 pm

Rope-A-Dope wrote:Where im from Wite,blacks,mexicans live amonst each other in the projects,Ghetto's,hood,and suburbs
wheres that at? portland oregon or sumtin haha

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » April 2nd, 2005, 12:55 pm

if a poor white guy goes to a social office I dont think theyll give him shit in terms of cheap housing, so he has to live in a trailer park or something.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 2nd, 2005, 1:07 pm

Invincible wrote:if a poor white guy goes to a social office I dont think theyll give him shit in terms of cheap housing, so he has to live in a trailer park or something.
alot of people (women) who apply for section 8 get it if you qualify, the waiting list to get cheap housing in the NY projects is like 3 years.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » April 2nd, 2005, 1:58 pm

that's NY. In NY the races arent segregated like in LA and you see many different races and people all around including in projects and other poor areas.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 2nd, 2005, 2:14 pm

theres still a major level of segregation here in NY, i see wut u saying tho. the reason is simply that LA is bigger land-wise than NY. THey build up here while ya build out

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 2nd, 2005, 3:41 pm

some projects in NY, are strictly black, some mixed like you wouldnt believe. i read that flushing has some very segregated ones, as do a few other places. its all a matter of where the projects are and what kind of area its in.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 26th, 2005, 9:15 pm

Rope-A-Dope wrote:Where im from Wite,blacks,mexicans live amonst each other in the projects,Ghetto's,hood,and suburbs
Your from f*ckin Chicago? hahaha come on...

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 26th, 2005, 9:22 pm

wtf, lol. I'm trippin, I tought that I read "CHICANO" Housing Projects and was saying to myself, Where the fock are all these projects these foolios are talking about? LOL, good skunk. Later days, I'm gonna go crash out.
Last edited by Lonewolf on July 26th, 2005, 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 26th, 2005, 9:23 pm

HAHAHAHHA.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 27th, 2005, 7:23 am

se11 wrote:some projects in NY, are strictly black, some mixed like you wouldnt believe. i read that flushing has some very segregated ones, as do a few other places. its all a matter of where the projects are and what kind of area its in.
Flu-Shang or the Flu as they call it....lol.. ay you mean integrated mixed, not segregated, right? I was through there hitting some spots with some locals and I stood on the corner for five minutes and saw every possible ethnicity in the world walk by.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 27th, 2005, 11:44 am

yeah, queens county is the most diverse counties in the country. those apartments/projects are loaded with all sorts of races. if you look at schools in that area, there numbers come up close to 25% for white, asian, black, and hispanic, give or take depending on the school. flushing and that area arounf their is weird like that.