Nationality is not a race....

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Nationality is not a race....

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » June 12th, 2005, 10:22 am

I keep seeing these threads about she is Cuban Race or Irish Race Or Mexican Race. Thats national origin, not race. There was atime when you could say, he is German and mean blue eyes & blonde hair, to speak generaly. This is just no longer the case. There are three primary races, White , Black , and Asian. The rest are hybrids of those. So stop refering to someone as Guatamalan when they are either latino castillian, or asiatic mongoloid ( indian ). We need to raise the level of these conversations.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » June 12th, 2005, 10:37 am

Most people from Guetemala are Mayan a few are mestizos and the other are of european ancestry. Most beaners like myself are meztisos of Indian and yes, I'm ashamed to say this of spanish ancestry. :oops:

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Nationality is not a race....

Unread post by willihen » June 12th, 2005, 10:53 am

AcmeWhiteBread wrote:I keep seeing these threads about she is Cuban Race or Irish Race Or Mexican Race. Thats national origin, not race. There was atime when you could say, he is German and mean blue eyes & blonde hair, to speak generaly. This is just no longer the case. There are three primary races, White , Black , and Asian. The rest are hybrids of those. So stop refering to someone as Guatamalan when they are either latino castillian, or asiatic mongoloid ( indian ). We need to raise the level of these conversations.
Thank you! I was wondering when someone was going to address that issue.

NuyoricanSoul

Unread post by NuyoricanSoul » June 13th, 2005, 4:12 pm

A race as such is a biological definition.....it has to do with hair structure, bone structure, the amount of melanin in your skin....etc.

Nationality simply means the nation you are born in, and the nation whose culture and ways of life you rock....

Its not really complicated....

Now, in a country such as the US where you have multiple races as well as nationalities, sure....you can get cultural differences, that is differences in ways of life among peoples of various races and national origins.

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » June 16th, 2005, 2:40 pm

i am native hawaiian-born n raised in l.a.
my mom is from the kingdom of hawaii wich was once it's own country before being illegally overthrowed by the amerikkkan goverment and made a state.

Psycho23

Unread post by Psycho23 » June 24th, 2005, 2:41 am

I heard that hispanics have close DNA resemblence to asians. They just got mixed in with some white.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » June 24th, 2005, 5:57 am

are you referring to spanyards or latin americans. because theres a big difference.
Spanyards are very mixed people. if you look at the history of their country and who settled down there its obvious. There were whites (Celts, Goths), Arab (of the umayyads and abbassids i.e. northern africa- they were there for ca. 750 years), romans, greece, french, etc.
latin americans have that mix in them aswell since they are partially of spanish heritage and the other half they have in them is of course native american of all kinds, which came originally from asia.
So you see its very complicated.

peace

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 24th, 2005, 9:43 am

Hell, we al got this race and ethnicity ting all mash up nowaday. Why do we talk of different races? There is only ONE RACE - THE HUMAN RACE! HOMO SAPIENS! Within our one human race, we are blessed with difference - VIVA LA DIFFERENCE!

SO - what we have is one human race and thousands of divergent ethnicities and cultures. Fabulous huh, thank you wise creator..

Each ethnicity and culture are in a constant state of flux and change over millenia. Our future relatives of a thousand year from now wont give a damn about our definitions, 'cos things - ethnicity and culture would have morphed and changed again.

There is no such thing as the blck race, the white race etc, but only the human race. Some got more melolin, some less, some chubbier, some leaner, blah blah, depending on the geographical place where those ethnicities developed over +++++++++time. Peace. IM A HUMAN BEING.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 24th, 2005, 9:45 am

And yeah, nationality isn't a race!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 24th, 2005, 10:41 am

Finally a thread full of knowledge on the issue. But I doubt people are gonna stop using stupid terms such as hispanics, latino for example to define skin color or a certain people. The ignorance is so deep even grown up folks use these terms without realizing how stupid it is and it's used openly on paper forms, shops (ex: what the hell's a latin shop??), etc. Even here, it's pathetic how people openly say they're 'latino' (as in south american but don't understand the majority of the people even here directly come from latin roots also). The first step to stop the ignorance would be for people to always adress people by the name of the country from which they're from, or nation, not by a skin color regrouping term linked to culture. Just that in itself would start making people realize more the differences which make up the world and reality. To really start knowing about distinct peoples. Not hide it all under one ignorant banner name which then later builds up more ignorant BS..

shadoworder
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shadoworder » June 24th, 2005, 6:33 pm

Sentenza wrote:are you referring to spanyards or latin americans. because theres a big difference.
Spanyards are very mixed people. if you look at the history of their country and who settled down there its obvious. There were whites (Celts, Goths), Arab (of the umayyads and abbassids i.e. northern africa- they were there for ca. 750 years), romans, greece, french, etc.
latin americans have that mix in them aswell since they are partially of spanish heritage and the other half they have in them is of course native american of all kinds, which came originally from asia.
So you see its very complicated.

peace
all those people you mentioned were whites with the exception of the arabs,and racemixing was almsot nonexistant between the whites and arabs,for one good portion of northern spain was still under spanish control,for another the fact that arabs were muslim and the spanish were catholic, the spanish were forbidden by the church to have relations with them,if they(arabs) did take white women as wives or slaves,they would convert them to islam,and their children would be raised as muslims,plus when spain was reconquered the muslims were driven OUT of the country.not too long ago i read an article about some kind of nationwide DNA test they did in spain,and they found almost no genetic evidence of north african ancestry,which proves that people were not mixing the way some leftists falsely claim.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 24th, 2005, 6:58 pm

^^^^ yea they were not allowed. but still it happened here and there.

[img]http://perso.wanadoo.es/ralf55/history/K1000.JPG[/img]

this is what spain looked like back then.
the arabs were very tolerant towards the christian and jewish people in their part i.e. they were not harmed.
when the christians reconquered (reconquista) spain they were slaughtering and enslaving the muslims and the jews.
theres still a lot of evidence that the arabs were there cause they left their legacy and characterised spanish people a lot. even though they wouls never admit it cause spanish people are among the most catholic on earth nowadays and always were.

shadoworder
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shadoworder » June 26th, 2005, 7:59 pm

Sentenza wrote:^^^^ yea they were not allowed. but still it happened here and there.

the arabs were very tolerant towards the christian and jewish people in their part i.e. they were not harmed.
when the christians reconquered (reconquista) spain they were slaughtering and enslaving the muslims and the jews.
theres still a lot of evidence that the arabs were there cause they left their legacy and characterised spanish people a lot. even though they wouls never admit it cause spanish people are among the most catholic on earth nowadays and always were.
well considering they were invaded and then occupied for 700 years what were they supposed to do with the moors,hold their hands??hells yes they slaugthered them,and with good reason.it was also discovered that a number of jews held high postions in the moorish government and supposedly helped them when spain was conquered the first time,so they deservedly got the boot as well.
and after the reconquest,in 1609,king philip II had almost 250,000 christianed moors(moriscos)expelled from spain.so the spanish are a very white people.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » June 26th, 2005, 8:04 pm

The Spanish are indeed white.

Y-DNA Results:

Basque and Celtic people belong to this Haplogroup and they were among the earliest settlers of Spain. 68% of modern day Spaniards share this origin.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Gua ... slandsDNA/

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 27th, 2005, 11:16 am

shadoworder wrote:
Sentenza wrote:^^^^ yea they were not allowed. but still it happened here and there.

well considering they were invaded and then occupied for 700 years what were they supposed to do with the moors,hold their hands??hells yes they slaugthered them,and with good reason.it was also discovered that a number of jews held high postions in the moorish government and supposedly helped them when spain was conquered the first time,so they deservedly got the boot as well.
and after the reconquest,in 1609,king philip II had almost 250,000 christianed moors(moriscos)expelled from spain.so the spanish are a very white people.
the reconquista ende exactly in 1492 when queen isabella conquered the last city of the moors grenada.

if you think the moors deserveds to get slaughtered and enslaved for treating castilians and Leonese good (they didnt do ANY harm to them) then i have to disagree. Again the christian church and its affiliated persons have proven to be one of the most shady and violent organizations in human history. and i say that as a christian.
but, yea youre right the strongest line of ancestry comes from northern european heritage. But still, according to Dr. Gonzo 68% share the european origin. What about those other 32%? Thats a quite big number, dont you think? at least 20 million in reality....
Last edited by Sentenza on June 27th, 2005, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » June 27th, 2005, 11:25 am

The other 32 percent are of Gypsy and muslims just like the moors. If the gypsies, muslims and moors would of never invaded or migrated to Spain most of the present spanish people would of been of celtic origin.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » July 2nd, 2005, 2:51 pm

Dr. Gonzo wrote:The other 32 percent are of Gypsy and muslims just like the moors. If the gypsies, muslims and moors would of never invaded or migrated to Spain most of the present spanish people would of been of celtic origin.
no Roma or Cynty had army or conquered,and you write about BS,here.the conclusion this sentence leads to is fashistic ideology.if this if that ;too much ultra right from fashist made monarchy.down with Franco.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » July 2nd, 2005, 3:26 pm

Mraka wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:The other 32 percent are of Gypsy and muslims just like the moors. If the gypsies, muslims and moors would of never invaded or migrated to Spain most of the present spanish people would of been of celtic origin.
no Roma or Cynty had army or conquered,and you write about BS,here.the conclusion this sentence leads to is fashistic ideology.if this if that ;too much ultra right from fashist made monarchy.down with Franco.
What the hell are you talking about?

You don't need an army to migrate into a country.

And, I said the moors invaded can't you read?

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » July 3rd, 2005, 8:24 am

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
Mraka wrote:

go on define yourself about what you are not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain#Identities

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » July 3rd, 2005, 8:30 am

Mraka wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:
Mraka wrote:

go on define yourself about what you are not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain#Identities
Thanks for proving my statement about the spanish people. Because, I see no where in your link that proves me wrong.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » July 3rd, 2005, 8:41 am

I posted it five minutes ago and you just dechiffered the headline,that is why.
so you will say you are not afraid of multiculutureism?
What about the tensions of catalans and basques for example.doesn` t this waight more,than those gitanes putting spain into a good light outside.You can stay by polka and Herb Alpert .cause you know Flamenco isn` t representing spain anymore,if it is on you.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » July 3rd, 2005, 9:08 am

I'm not afraid of mulitcultureism.

What does that have to do with anything?

shadoworder
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shadoworder » July 4th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Sentenza wrote:
shadoworder wrote:

the reconquista ende exactly in 1492 when queen isabella conquered the last city of the moors grenada.

if you think the moors deserveds to get slaughtered and enslaved for treating castilians and Leonese good (they didnt do ANY harm to them) then i have to disagree. Again the christian church and its affiliated persons have proven to be one of the most shady and violent organizations in human history. and i say that as a christian.
but, yea youre right the strongest line of ancestry comes from northern european heritage. But still, according to Dr. Gonzo 68% share the european origin. What about those other 32%? Thats a quite big number, dont you think? at least 20 million in reality....
It ended in 1492,but king philipII booted out the moriscos permeneantly in 1609,purifying the country in a sense.so you are saying that its ok to invade another country and take it over?so if someone invaded the usa you would welcome them??when the arabs invaded they didnt use any force at all??no spanairds were killed?spanish women werent sold into slavery??they came in singing "we are the world" and throwing pretty pink flowers in the air?i mean thats kind of ridiculous,dont you think?the spanish had every right to drive them out of THEIR COUNTRY,and more power to them for doing that. the catholic church has done a lot of good in the world too,and though i dont follow it,id rather live in a country controlled by christianity then islam.the study i had reffered to wasnt quite the same one dr gonzo quotes,if i recall it correctly,it had a much higher percentage then 68%.but if you actually read dr gonzos study,it doesnt say that 32% are nonwhite or mixed,it says:"Luján - E3b: Mediterranean origin. Mostly found in the Mediterranean, Southern Europe, the Middle East, North, West, and East Africa."med and southern european count as white,it doesnt say it originates exclusively from the middle east/north africa

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 5th, 2005, 4:05 am

shadoworder wrote:when the arabs invaded they didnt use any force at all??no spanairds were killed?spanish women werent sold into slavery??they came in singing "we are the world" and throwing pretty pink flowers in the air?i mean thats kind of ridiculous,dont you think?the spanish had every right to drive them out of THEIR COUNTRY,and more power to them for doing that. the catholic church has done a lot of good in the world too,and though i dont follow it,id rather live in a country controlled by christianity then islam.
lol, no i dont think, that they didnt use force, and yes they killed enemies, and sold civilians into slavery.....
but matter of fact, jews and christians were allowed to follow their own religion and live peaceful under the rule of the arabs. They had to pay a special tax and therefore were under protection of law like any muslim aswell. They were even allowed to build churches all over the islamic world.
There were even churches in the holy places of islam (e.g. Baghdad etc.). Can you imagine christians allowing muslims to build mosques in rome? I cant.
A big difference to the rule of catholic rulers of that time. They were very intolerant and thats a fact.
well, spain and spanyards didnt exist before the arabs came, it were the Visigoths that were occupying the country and were kicked out.
Spain came up from the fusion of the kingdoms of Leon and Castilia during the reconquista. And yes, in arts, architecture, philosphy and looks the arabs have left their legacy in spain.
Even though i prefer to live in a "christian" (well secular) country aswell, Islam has lot of potential to do good to the people which it has already proven multiple times in history.
But like in any other religion in these times its teachings are twisted for political purposes. I dont hate on catholics!! I am just disstrustful against the church as a organization. ANd i have many reasons for that.
TO end this:

VIVA ESPAGNA!

Peace

Michelle

Unread post by Michelle » July 5th, 2005, 4:54 am

Nope Nationality is not a race, I think any level-headed person would know that. You've got your point across.