gods view on killing people.

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
mattman123
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

gods view on killing people.

Unread post by mattman123 » August 18th, 2005, 5:11 pm

i wonder what his view on killing people is.i read in the bible that its cool if its self defense.but in the 10 commandments its a mega sin.i also heard that kill in hebrew means murder and murders definition is cold blooded like out of the blue walk up to someone and pop them.a bit confused.not sayin im gonna go out and smoke people for the fun of it.i just wanna make it to heaven.sh*t who would want to go to hell anyway?all you get to see is charles manson and hitler and ive seen enough t.v. shows on them.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » August 18th, 2005, 5:27 pm

why don't you ask God yourself? i thought all yall religious cats were supposed to be able to talk to God, right?

mattman123
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mattman123 » August 18th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Ice wrote:why don't you ask God yourself? i thought all yall religious cats were supposed to be able to talk to God, right?
thats true man but sometimes he aint speakin back ive asked a billion times cuz i dont wanna smoke some dude in self defense and end up in hell.thatd be messed up.all i gots the bible and that sh*t is confusing. at first he says its cool then its not then it is again.wtf?

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » August 18th, 2005, 6:34 pm

mattman123 wrote:thats true man but sometimes he aint speakin back ive asked a billion times because i dont wanna smoke some dude in self defense and end up in hell.thatd be messed up.all i gots the bible and that sh*t is confusing. at first he says its cool then its not then it is again.wtf?
Christianity teaches that the 10 commandments were put in place to make us realize that we are not perfect creatures. (At least what my pastor says)

And that if we believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins that is all we need to enter heaven.

mattman123
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mattman123 » August 19th, 2005, 5:00 am

Dr Funky wrote:
mattman123 wrote:thats true man but sometimes he aint speakin back ive asked a billion times because i dont wanna smoke some dude in self defense and end up in hell.thatd be messed up.all i gots the bible and that sh*t is confusing. at first he says its cool then its not then it is again.wtf?
Christianity teaches that the 10 commandments were put in place to make us realize that we are not perfect creatures. (At least what my pastor says)

And that if we believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins that is all we need to enter heaven.
ive always believed that since i was little.cool heaven here i come!

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » August 19th, 2005, 6:22 am

Well if a sin is a sin, murder is just as bad as me cussin or atleast thats the impression I have always got.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » August 19th, 2005, 6:47 pm

I actually believe that Earth is actually Hell. The Hell. Not fire and brimestone. Planet Earth. Think about it.

mattman123
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mattman123 » August 20th, 2005, 12:03 pm

well my prest says that the devil tries to make you belive that earth is hell and hell is better in some way.the devil confuses me sometimes :P

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » August 26th, 2005, 11:00 am

does it hurt.? 8)

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Religious Thought

Unread post by worldwide » August 28th, 2005, 3:22 am

Gods view on killing is dont do, if you do, do it to save your own life
thou shalt not kill but let none put you under.

the reason murder is such a big sin is because you stop someone from going forward. God is in the business of saving souls, if you not going forward ya soul cant be saved.

if you look in the old testament God wasnt playin. i mean if you sinned and didnt offer a sacriifice you would be stoned to death. or how about when Aaron sons offerd strange fire and the ground opened up and swallowed them alive. or when elijha called down fire from God and burned 450 prophets.

GOODFELLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GOODFELLA » September 19th, 2005, 4:56 pm

Jesus fasted for 40 days one time just for the hell of it... Last nite i was thinkin about this... and Moses? well, shit, that guy wandered throught he desert for 40 years or something.... I was raised towards catholic, but when it comes to the bible... uh some of this stuff is just crazy. I dont have time for any BS normally and some of that so called "holy book" is just some crazy stories, I think people were on drugs.... If Jesus was walkin around turnin water to wine and miricles then that is great... but i didnt see him do it... nowadays we have video.... if Jesus would come around again performing miracles then he would never be doubted ever again... we would see it on video.... but they didnt have cameras back then.... some people worshiped the sun which is as good an idea as any IMO.... instead of making movies like we do today they wrote crazy books back then... war stories crusades religious warz, thousands of people slaughtered, babies killed, plagues.... Jesus was like a celebrity back then..... Shit I dunno what happened 2000 years ago... but God will take care of you if you take care of him...

GOODFELLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: gods view on killing people.

Unread post by GOODFELLA » September 19th, 2005, 5:04 pm

[quote="mattman123"i read in the bible that its cool if its self defense.[/quote]

Matthew Chapter 4 Verse 13:
"Killing in Self-defense is Cool, tho"

ROFL

The Bible also says that wankin off is Not Cool youngster, so you're going to hell whether you like it or not, you are screwed.

mattman123
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: gods view on killing people.

Unread post by mattman123 » September 25th, 2005, 1:22 pm

GOODFELLA wrote:[quote="mattman123"i read in the bible that its cool if its self defense.
Matthew Chapter 4 Verse 13:
"Killing in Self-defense is Cool, tho"

ROFL

The Bible also says that wankin off is Not Cool youngster, so you're going to hell whether you like it or not, you are screwed.[/quote]i guess heaven is only meant for women then :p