whats everyones opinions on this...

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Mexican:.805
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

whats everyones opinions on this...

Unread post by Mexican:.805 » November 14th, 2005, 6:16 pm

on mexicans dressing blak/hip hop. i was recentlly in LA, and i seen some mexicans dressing blak/hip hop. to me i have no problem with this, let em dress how they want. but to those of u having blak/brown problems, do they mexicans embracing blak culture beefint with blax or are they kool? cuz if there embracing the blak culture and beefing with them, shit is fuked up. im guessing there kool witw blax, and its the SOTHSIDErs beefin with blax

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » November 14th, 2005, 6:28 pm

i dont think u can "dress black" or "dress mexican" ppl put these stupid labels on how ppl dress or look n i kant stand that at all.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mexican:.805 » November 14th, 2005, 6:30 pm

well as dress blaak i mean like ecko, phat farm, all d3m fancy clothes they b wearing u know. or hip hop, which blax start3d

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 14th, 2005, 6:37 pm

I don't understand when eses get pissed at other mexicans for dressing hip hop. yeah blacks started it but its a cultural movement embraced by everybody and it has its own style of clothes. I neveer hear eses talking shit about mexican wearing punk and metal shit (should they say they're acting white?). Blacks started hip hop so its black culture but hip hop is a cultural movement so you shouldn't get pissed at people who take part in the culture to dress the part. Anyways, what the fuck not all blacks dress the same, black hip hop clothes here aint exactly the same with some cold ass new york shit. They wear tims and shit, we wear chucks, they wear triple goose jackets, wwe wear white T's, we wear khakis, and shit is differnet so you shouldn't bother people about that shit.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » November 14th, 2005, 6:44 pm

its not only blakcs wearing those clothes. in hip hop a lot of non-black people wear ecko, phat farm, and others. in fact ecko was actually started as a skateboard company and is still worn by some skaters. i dont know about LA, but i see a lot of different types of people wearing sean john, fubu, rocawear, ect.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » November 14th, 2005, 6:46 pm

Who cares how people dress???

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing Fubu, Phat Farm or any of the so called Hip Hop clothes. What does bother me is some Mexicans calling each others "niggas". That's truely pathetic.

And those Mexicans that hate blacks but listen to rap music, they should be shot on sight.

MiChuhSuh

Re: whats everyones opinions on this...

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 14th, 2005, 6:47 pm

Mexican:.805 wrote:on mexicans dressing blak/hip hop. i was recentlly in LA, and i seen some mexicans dressing blak/hip hop. to me i have no problem with this, let em dress how they want. but to those of u having blak/brown problems, do they mexicans embracing blak culture beefint with blax or are they kool? because if there embracing the blak culture and beefing with them, shit is #%@& up. im guessing there kool witw blax, and its the SOTHSIDErs beefin with blax
But then you hear sursiders bumping Tupac, Pitbull AND Lil' Jon and Ying Yang Twins and all of those other black rappers. Well, Lil' Jon and Ying Yang Twins aren't really rappers as they are crunk random hyped up shout/screamers, but YEEEEAAAAAAH! you get the idea.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 14th, 2005, 6:49 pm

se11 wrote:its not only blakcs wearing those clothes. in hip hop a lot of non-black people wear ecko, phat farm, and others. in fact ecko was actually started as a skateboard company and is still worn by some skaters. i dont know about LA, but i see a lot of different types of people wearing sean john, fubu, rocawear, ect.
Dang that itself showed osme unintended profiling, you do realize there are black skateboarder to don't you? Crazy how deep profiles go...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 14th, 2005, 6:54 pm

And I'm not saying that you were stereotyping dawg, I'm just saying how unnoticed most of this possibly stereotypical stuff is.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » November 14th, 2005, 7:55 pm

who kares wut any1 wears at all. if u wunna dress in a collered aerocrombie shirt or wutever. then go dress in that. if u wunna wear space boots and short shorts. have fun. i dont give a fuck wut any1 wears thats just a form of expression so wear wutever is u

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mexican:.805 » November 14th, 2005, 8:18 pm

leme tell u a lil story
well my friend used to live out in bakersfield, and he said the skool was 90 percent blak, and the rest mexicans. the kids he hung out with werent surenos, and didnt dress like it, they chose to dress hip-hop. and he told m3 how a blak guy aproached this kid(my friends friend) and told him "why u dress like u blak if u mexican?" and the mexican kid told him thats how he dresses, and could wear what he wants. they said some other things, ended up throwing blows...
so i t seems that blak could didnt liek the fact that the mexican was dressing hip-hop
also me personally, if i started wearing fubu, rocawear, sean jon, shit like that i'd probably get jump3d, and diss3d. so i keep it casual, dickies, ben davis, levi's sit like that.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 14th, 2005, 8:22 pm

blacks in LA still wear that shit to an extent. What do you say about that? Im talking about ben davis, khakis, courdoroy house shoes, all that shit?

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » November 15th, 2005, 12:35 am

perongregory wrote:blacks in LA still wear that shit to an extent. What do you say about that? Im talking about ben davis, khakis, courdoroy house shoes, all that shit?
Khakis and Dickies go back to WWII when Mexicans would wear them like their family members who came back from the war with their uniforms all creased up. You also have to take into account how much jail had to do with this fashion.

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » November 15th, 2005, 1:20 am

With Mexicans callin eachother Niggas, didnt most of ya'll black folks see that as normal? hell Puerto Ricans have been sayin for years.
What about us Samoans?

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » November 15th, 2005, 1:59 am

Catalyst wrote:With Mexicans callin eachother Niggas, didnt most of ya'll black folks see that as normal? hell Puerto Ricans have been sayin for years.
What about us Samoans?

IT DIFFERENT WITH SAMOANS AND PUERTO RICANS SAYING IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE COME UP WITH NIGGAZ AND ITS NO RACIAL TENSION.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » November 15th, 2005, 9:37 am

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
perongregory wrote:blacks in LA still wear that shit to an extent. What do you say about that? Im talking about ben davis, khakis, courdoroy house shoes, all that shit?
Khakis and Dickies go back to WWII when Mexicans would wear them like their family members who came back from the war with their uniforms all creased up. You also have to take into account how much jail had to do with this fashion.
*Mexicans weren't the first to wear, nor codify dickies, as work clothing (not that this is what you were saying totally). I have pictures of my uncles and older male relatives, going back to the times you just mentioned, who were either blue collar laborers, or field workers, wearing dickies clothing, or just clothing that is associated with what cholos would wear.

I have pictures of my black male relatives, going all the way back to the early 30's, where one relative named Lionel, posed for a picture, wearing high-waisted pants, with suspenders, and sporting a fedora. He was also in a stance that many cholos in later years would adopt.

And mind you, this photo was taken in 1932, and in LOUISIANA of all places, in Pointe Coupee parish, where there no mexicans to speak of, no television, and barely any radios, or movies...

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » November 15th, 2005, 9:57 am

TheReal wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:
*Mexicans weren't the first to wear, nor codify dickies, as work clothing (not that this is what you were saying totally). I have pictures of my uncles and older male relatives, going back to the times you just mentioned, who were either blue collar laborers, or field workers, wearing dickies clothing, or just clothing that is associated with what cholos would wear.

I have pictures of my black male relatives, going all the way back to the early 30's, where one relative named Lionel, posed for a picture, wearing high-waisted pants, with suspenders, and sporting a fedora. He was also in a stance that many cholos in later years would adopt.

And mind you, this photo was taken in 1932, and in LOUISIANA of all places, in Pointe Coupee parish, where there no mexicans to speak of, no television, and barely any radios, or movies...
Mexican farmworkers were also wearing Khakis in places like El Paso in 1910 when many Mexicans fled Mexico because of the Mexican revolution.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » November 15th, 2005, 10:01 am

Catalyst wrote:With Mexicans callin eachother Niggas, didnt most of ya'll black folks see that as normal? hell Puerto Ricans have been sayin for years.
What about us Samoans?
*As someone said, there's really no racial tensions with Samoans, and with puerto ricans, well, many of them are part black...

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: whats everyones opinions on this...

Unread post by TheReal » November 15th, 2005, 10:06 am

Mexican:.805 wrote:on mexicans dressing blak/hip hop. i was recentlly in LA, and i seen some mexicans dressing blak/hip hop. to me i have no problem with this, let em dress how they want. but to those of u having blak/brown problems, do they mexicans embracing blak culture beefint with blax or are they kool? because if there embracing the blak culture and beefing with them, shit is #%@& up. im guessing there kool witw blax, and its the SOTHSIDErs beefin with blax
*To me, mexicans can still be racist against black folks, while still embracing aspects of black culture. HOWEVER, the problem I have, is with those eses who claim that much of the black culture they're embracing, isn't black culture, or for that matter, they claim it's really mexican culture (i.e. rap music, etc.). Or for that matter, those eses who claim that black folks have no culture at all, and have never contributed anything culturally, and to the arts, but yet they have adopted styles, flavor, and fashion, that is part and parcel-BLACK CULTURE! Or those fools who claim they want to be rid of every last vestige of blackness, with no traces of blackness in any way, shape or form, yet they find certain black cultural expressions invigorating, when it comes to them "expressing" themselves, or finding some type of joy in.

These are the types of eses, who are racist against black folks, that I truly hate. Don't get me wrong, I hate the other type of ese racist to, who engage in aspects of black culture, but the ones whom I described in the above, man, they are worthy of death...

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » November 15th, 2005, 10:09 am

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
TheReal wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:

Mexican farmworkers were also wearing Khakis in places like El Paso in 1910 when many Mexicans fled Mexico because of the Mexican revolution.
*Look man, can we just say that black folks didn't universally get the idea of wearing khakis from mexicans and vice-versa?

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » November 15th, 2005, 10:19 am

TheReal wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:
TheReal wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:

*Look man, can we just say that black folks didn't universally get the idea of wearing khakis from mexicans and vice-versa?
No shit. Khakis were universally used by poor people who couldn't afford better pants and people who needed khakis to go to their shitty labor jobs.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 15th, 2005, 11:02 am

What about us Samoans?
Man its cool when samoans say nigga cause they grew up with us and basically niggas to me. many puerto ricans got black in them or are black so its cool, plus they grow up a lot with black people. I used to be cool with my mexican niggas sayin it too cause i thought they was down, you know just the lighter brown niggas still in the ghetto gettin dogged, but now I find out alot of them on that racist shit so I don't feel good bout that shit no more.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » November 17th, 2005, 7:54 am

perongregory wrote:
What about us Samoans?
Man its cool when samoans say nigga cause they grew up with us and basically niggas to me. many puerto ricans got black in them or are black so its cool, plus they grow up a lot with black people. I used to be cool with my mexican niggas sayin it too cause i thought they was down, you know just the lighter brown niggas still in the ghetto gettin dogged, but now I find out alot of them on that racist shit so I don't feel good bout that shit no more.
*When a mexican calls me a "nigga/nigger," I view the impact as I would, if it were coming from someone white...