Two suspected gang members arrested in Salinas

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 9th, 2005, 9:20 pm

12/09/05

Salinas (KION 46) - Two suspected gang members were arrested in Salinas Thursday night.

At about 6:40 pm, Officers with the Violence Suppression Unit saw 23-year-old Hipolito Barraza in the 300 Block of Cayuga Street.

Police say Barraza is a northern gang member who was wanted on several warrants for domestic violence charges.

Barraza ran through an apartment and jumped out a bathroom window.

Barraza was able to make good on his escape.

Officers later conducted a probation search at the home of 23-year-old Daniel Martinez, in the 100 Block of Rochex Avenue.

Police say he’s also a northern gang member.

Barraza was found hiding in the residence.

He was taken into custody without incident.

Officers found Barraza had broken his foot when he jumped out the window earlier.

He was booked for the warrants, resisting arrest and multiple probation violations.

Martinez was booked for probation violation

http://www.kion46.com/news/local/story. ... 51EC1AF2FA

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 9th, 2005, 9:26 pm

What's the relevancy of them being gang members? Were they arrested in connection to any gang related assult, homicide, or drug activity? Or is this just Salinas' way of saying that they got two more Mexicans off the streets, so the mall should be safer this holiday season?

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » December 9th, 2005, 10:52 pm

waste of bandwith news. gang members arrested for domestic violence charges lol.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 10th, 2005, 12:41 am

anonymousman wrote:waste of bandwith news. gang members arrested for domestic violence charges lol.

You know what?? That shit ain't even funny :evil:. As a victim myself of domestic violence in the past, I find what you said ^ very offensive. You do not know what kinds of charges were involved in his DV warrants. And......I have NO respect for anyone who allows their shit to go to warrants or absconds...do the crime, do the time. Face you're shit like a man (or woman), don't be running like punk ass b*tch coward.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 11th, 2005, 1:41 am

crstnamre wrote:
anonymousman wrote:waste of bandwith news. gang members arrested for domestic violence charges lol.

You know what?? That shit ain't even funny :evil:. As a victim myself of domestic violence in the past, I find what you said ^ very offensive. You do not know what kinds of charges were involved in his DV warrants. And......I have NO respect for anyone who allows their shit to go to warrants or absconds...do the crime, do the time. Face you're shit like a man (or woman), don't be running like punk ass b*tch coward.
I'm sorry to hear of you being a victim of domestic abuse. You're right, that is no joke.

I still question the motivation of the Salinas news agency and the use of the word 'gang members', though. Why couldn't they just report it as a domestic abuse arrest? We can both agree that that's plenty enough reason to arrest someone. Where'd 'gang members' come into it? How is it relevant? IMO, that news agency is using the sensationalism of Domestic Violence to help take down a couple of 'Salas' North siders. If not, do they report the arrests of ALL DV arrests in the greater Salinas area?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 11th, 2005, 1:48 am

And, BTW, the story being posted here is NOT a waste. I'm glad it was brought to this forum's attention. My problem is with the Salinas news station and their motives behind the story, not the fact that it was brought up.

Just wanted to set that straight. I don't believe in killing the messenger. 8)

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 11th, 2005, 3:36 am

StillNoScript wrote:
crstnamre wrote:

I'm sorry to hear of you being a victim of domestic abuse. You're right, that is no joke.

I still question the motivation of the Salinas news agency and the use of the word 'gang members', though. Why couldn't they just report it as a domestic abuse arrest? We can both agree that that's plenty enough reason to arrest someone. Where'd 'gang members' come into it? How is it relevant? IMO, that news agency is using the sensationalism of Domestic Violence to help take down a couple of 'Salas' North siders. If not, do they report the arrests of ALL DV arrests in the greater Salinas area?
You are completely on point....the reason it made the papers is because right now cities all over the U.S. are on a head hunt for gang member arrests and any way they can get em they are gonna take them. Who knows though...there may have very well been other charges against them that the PD did not wish to disclose and just gave the reporter a bone with the DV warrants statement. As for the cops ONLY going after them for DV warrants...maybe, but I have a problem believing that. When I was going through my abusive situation, I had a RO on my ex and he came through my window one night and beat the hell out of me and after I called 911 it took over an hour for a patrol car to arrive. At that point the ex was long gone and I was like "get the f*ck outta here". So I don't feel any calls having anything to deal with DV are high priority to them.

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » December 11th, 2005, 9:18 pm

crstnamre wrote:

alright man sorry if i offended you, since i have one of those scanners where you hear all the sht that's going on with the pigs i hear domestic violence which is i think code 415 like every 5 mins, but i never really thought about it, domestic violence can be anything from someone talking sht or slapping someone to someone threatening to kill somebody with a handgun. It just sounded funny to me cause it said gangmembers since its a very normal thing for gang bangers to comit those types of crimes and have arrest warrants & sht.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 12th, 2005, 12:52 am

crstnamre wrote:
StillNoScript wrote:
crstnamre wrote:

You are completely on point....the reason it made the papers is because right now cities all over the U.S. are on a head hunt for gang member arrests and any way they can get em they are gonna take them. Who knows though...there may have very well been other charges against them that the PD did not wish to disclose and just gave the reporter a bone with the DV warrants statement. As for the cops ONLY going after them for DV warrants...maybe, but I have a problem believing that. When I was going through my abusive situation, I had a RO on my ex and he came through my window one night and beat the hell out of me and after I called 911 it took over an hour for a patrol car to arrive. At that point the ex was long gone and I was like "get the f*ck outta here". So I don't feel any calls having anything to deal with DV are high priority to them.
Now we have some advice for any other women who are victims of domestic abuse. Tell the police that the guy abusing them is a gang member. They'll be there in less than 3 minutes, and with a news crew!

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 12th, 2005, 1:44 am

Now thats ^ funny. It would work! You know what I learned works? Hang up on the 911 operator.....you never seen cops come so fast. I used to HATE it because I am NOT a cop caller, but I will be damned if I was going to let this guy keep hitting on me and I was about to committ a crime myself to get him away from me.