SAN X DIEGO BLACK GANG LIST

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dago

Re: SAN X DIEGO BLACK GANG LIST

Unread post by yardstick » September 9th, 2009, 2:40 pm

scrub1819 wrote:i think Bloccide was along the last couple of streets where Market ends &goes right into Encanto
Yea, on the Valencia Park/Encanto borderline.

What about today?

LPB holds down the south part of Valencia still, right? Who controls the north park now? Skyline Piru or O'Farrell?

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by scrub1819 » September 10th, 2009, 3:19 pm

i always wondered that myself..
its like 2 hostile-ass sets right next to each other right there except, i dont think much really pops off right there.
im sure the dividing line has a lot to do with wherever the boundary line is between who goes to Lincoln or who goes to Morse.

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 3rd, 2010, 5:49 am

blocc side is a very small hoodturn off imperial on linnet street and balmoral drive to thrush street that is it i ts very small and fucked up area. Thats why they called it bloccside it was one block.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » January 24th, 2010, 11:20 pm

How big is the 40s and are the deepest/baddest Crip Gang in SD?

I used to hear about the 40s in SD from 40s in LA!

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 25th, 2010, 9:15 pm

they are not the biggest west coast crips is the biggest crip set in Dago.But nayborhood is more close to many blood hoods than west coast so i wouldint say harder just bump more heads with bloods. to the east they have emerald hills bloods and lil africa pirus and to the south 59 brims and lincoln park bloods.the Coast has 59brims at there southeast border.

S619D
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by S619D » January 25th, 2010, 9:34 pm

thats why its strange the coast and the brims never had a huge feud...coast niggas and skyline were more at each other and they were always geographically the furthest form each other

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » January 25th, 2010, 9:41 pm

gautier wrote:they are not the biggest west coast crips is the biggest crip set in Dago.But nayborhood is more close to many blood hoods than west coast so i wouldint say harder just bump more heads with bloods. to the east they have emerald hills bloods and lil africa pirus and to the south 59 brims and lincoln park bloods.the Coast has 59brims at there southeast border.

B-Dawgs RUN Daygo, or I should say OUTNUMBER the crips more in SD than in LA! There isnt as many gangs in SD as LA but the Blood, Crip Ratio is siding the bloods! In Numbers! I know this BUT,

I do know from BACK IN THE DAYS the 40s rung bells from SD to LA!

Now days they have a gang of 40 SD clicks that were started in the past few years! I personally know the 40s are deeper and have way more support than the 60s, from my understanding back in 00-05 the 60s werent established as much as the 40s in SD!

But its crazy, the 60s setup show in Vegas but LEFT SD alone (In a way, are established but cant match the 40s in SD)!

N The 40s Leftd vegas alone (In a way, they out here but, not established!)

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 27th, 2010, 7:48 am

What 60s have not ever had a big presents in sd All the lA gangs that tried to set up shop in a southeast dago hood got ran out bounty hunters in the nhc 40s,4tray gc in east dago mob,grape street in lincoln park,60s in wc 30s,ifg in skyline.

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 27th, 2010, 8:06 am

S619D wrote:thats why its strange the coast and the brims never had a huge feud...coast niggas and skyline were more at each other and they were always geographically the furthest form each other

the coast and the south have had major beefs always especially when skyline and lincoln started to beef .the south stayed at war with the coast and the hood they more than they had with the blood on blood thow they did have they thing with skyline but that has died down.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » January 27th, 2010, 8:22 am

gautier wrote:What 60s have not ever had a big presents in sd All the lA gangs that tried to set up shop in a southeast dago hood got ran out bounty hunters in the nhc 40s,4tray gc in east dago mob,grape street in lincoln park,60s in wc 30s,ifg in skyline.

IFG didnt get ran out by SKYLINE, know how i know? my brother was living in SD and the reason he doesnt live there today (Since hes really banned from LA COUNTY) is because hes in JAIL other than that THE B-DAWGS showed my brodie LOVE, so I doubt being ran out! Also, IFG has some LOWKEY warriors out there that I know FIRST hand just because of my brother! WHo is a reputable!

40s are STILL a force in SD and anyone to think otherwise is a fool! The 40s are RAN and the generations of SD locals NOW! So I know for a fact they are still there because SD has there own RANKS of 40s, with LIL CLICKS backing them up!

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 27th, 2010, 8:50 am

Clay Street Park. Across the street from the park, Santillano was in her front yard. She saw an SUV drive down Clay Street. It was followed by a white car. People at thshooting between west coast and 59 brims also talks about there long rivalary.

FACTUAL AND PROCEDURAL HISTORY

Appellant Isidro Vasquez was convicted of first degree murder. The prosecution asserted appellant drove two fellow gang members to an alley, the two gang members got out of appellant's car, shot William Robinson to death and returned to appellant's car. According to the prosecution, appellant then drove the two shooters a short distance to another car, the shooters got in the second car and both cars left the area.

In support of its theory, the prosecution presented testimony from eyewitnesses that appellant was in the area on the evening of the shooting and that the driver of the car who dropped the shooters in the alley was Hispanic. The prosecution presented further evidence appellant was one of only two Hispanic members of the otherwise exclusively African-American gang, the West Coast Crips (the WCC.) Finally, the prosecution presented evidence the shooting was committed by WCC members in apparent retaliation for an earlier invasion of WCC territory by members by a rival gang, the 5/9 Brim.

The prosecution's theory also required that it present a great deal of evidence which showed appellant was a member of the WCC and in particular had, over a lengthy period of time, been found in the company of other members of the WCC and at or near WCC's principal meeting place in the vicinity of Clay Street Park in San Diego. In addition, the prosecution presented evidence of WCC's violent rivalry with 5/9 Brim and the unusual nature of appellant's membership in the WCC. Contrary to appellant's argument, the probative value of this identity evidence outweighed its prejudicial impact and was admissible. Moreover, the evidence the prosecution presented was sufficient to identify appellant as the driver and thus sufficient to support his conviction. Accordingly, we affirm appellant's conviction.

A. Eyewitnesses

Shortly before Griselda heard the shots, Robinson was sitting in a car parked at 4056 Boston Avenue. Two males approached the car and shot Robinson with a shotgun and a 9 millimeter handgun. Robinson's wounds were fatal. Robinson was an identified member of 5/9 Brim, which claimed the Boston Avenue area as its own.

On the night Robinson died, appellant was with his fellow WCC gang members ate park started "going crazy," screaming, and running all over. Someone yelled, "West Coast!" People were firing guns at the white car as it drove by slowly. Because of the speed with which things were happening, she was not able to see a gun in his hand, but she did see appellant standing in a yard next to the park. He was making shooting motions as the cars went by; his right arm, which was moving left to right, extended outward with his index finger straight outward and his index finger up. He and others then ran to the back of the house. A slender black male who had been shooting and who was wearing a blue "bandana-type thing" on his head, and a black male, who had a shotgun, jumped into a red jeep, "like a Cherokee jeep," and drove it away. The Jeep had gold rims. The man with the shotgun was the driver. The Jeep proceeded to spin, take off toward 32nd Street, then came around to an alley behind the same house where the men had run. Appellant (described by Santiallano as a heavy-set Hispanic with a mustache and goatee who she saw "all the time") and a black man ran to the jeep, and got in. Appellant got into the driver's side of the Jeep. The car headed towards 31st Street. Some other males got into a grayish Cadillac and left.

Approximately an hour later, Griselda, who was standing on the balcony of her family's Boston Street apartment, heard a car going fast. She saw the car, a red Jeep, turn the corner "real fast" and she looked at it. It was coming in her direction. The driver was fat, he had a big stomach that was hitting the steering wheel. He had long black hair that was kind of curly. The man, who she believed to be Mexican, had a bandana covering his face from "the bridge of his nose down." She saw the arm of the passenger; the passenger in the car was black. She watched the Jeep drive past her and up the alley. A block away from Boston Avenue, Yoakum heard gunshots and saw a red Jeep Cherokee with gold rims and tinted side and back windows drive quickly by, run a stop sign and stop by a Cadillac on the other side of the intersection. Two black males carrying guns got out of the red Jeep and ran to the Cadillac. They threw the guns in the trunk and drove off. The red Jeep also drove away. Several minutes after first seeing the red Jeep Cherokee drive away, Griselda Padilla heard gunshots. After the shots were fired, she saw a man running from a dirt lot. The men in the Jeep yelled for the man to stop. The Jeep's lights turned off. The man got into the passenger side of the Jeep. She could not recall if the Jeep's lights turned back on when it left.

Robinson was killed at about a quarter to eleven. His wounds were consistent with two types of weapons, a shotgun and a handgun. Ten shotgun pellets were found in his upper torso, including one in his lip.

About 11:30 p.m., people began coming back to the area of Clay Street Park. The red Jeep Cherokee did not return, but Santillano saw the car she thought was a Cadillac return. About midnight she saw appellant had returned. After appellant's return, a boy who lived across the street from Santillano came over to her house. The boy's brother was a member of the WCC. The boy was crying and told Santillano he was scared and wanted to spend the night at her house because he overheard appellant (who he knew as "Dolla") and another gang member bragging, telling his brother that they had "just done a shooting" and had "blasted" some Blood in the head.

On December 10, 2004, appellant was five-feet, seven-inches tall and weighed 250 pounds. He was only one of a few Hispanic males known to associate with the gang set in the area. He was known as "Dolla."

Bullet casings found in the trunk of the Cadillac, from Clay Street, and from Boston Street near where William Robinson was shot, all came from the same weapon.

During the chaos of the Clay Street gang shooting, appellant, a heavy-set Hispanic man and one of the few Hispanic gang members in the area, and two fellow gang members, both of whom were black, drove quickly from the scene in a red Jeep Cherokee with gold rims. One of the gang members, the one driving, was armed with a shotgun.

Within a few hours, Robinson was killed by use of a shotgun and handgun. Minutes before the killing, Griselda saw a heavy-set Hispanic man driving a red Jeep Cherokee speed around the corner near her Boston Street home. Minutes after the killing, a block from Griselda's home, Yoakum saw a red Jeep Cherokee with distinctive rims. Two black men ran from it and transferred guns to the trunk of a Cadillac. A little more than an hour after the killing, appellant boasted that he participated in a killing.

B. Gang Affiliation

The prosecution presented evidence from a number of police officers who testified to the effect that the 3100 block of Clay Street was a known hang out for members of the WCC. The police officers testified that they saw appellant on the 3100 block of Clay Street on a number of occasions over a number of years and always in the company of other members of the WCC. The officers also testified that although there were approximately 400 known members of the WCC, there were only two Hispanic members of the WCC. The prosecution also presented evidence appellant was repeatedly seen wearing gang attire and gang tattoos.

One of the officers testified WCC is a criminal gang and that WCC has committed a number of crimes over a long period of time. The officer testified the 5/9 Brim is a rival gang and that it "claims" the area around Boston Avenue.

Finally, a law enforcement officer in the facility where appellant was housed while awaiting trial testified that WCC graffiti was found inscribed on appellant's bunk along with letters to and from WCC members.

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 27th, 2010, 9:16 am

youngspade wrote:
gautier wrote:What 60s have not ever had a big presents in sd All the lA gangs that tried to set up shop in a southeast dago hood got ran out bounty hunters in the nhc 40s,4tray gc in east dago mob,grape street in lincoln park,60s in wc 30s,ifg in skyline.

IFG didnt get ran out by SKYLINE, know how i know? my brother was living in SD and the reason he doesnt live there today (Since hes really banned from LA COUNTY) is because hes in JAIL other than that THE B-DAWGS showed my brodie LOVE, so I doubt being ran out! Also, IFG has some LOWKEY warriors out there that I know FIRST hand just because of my brother! WHo is a reputable!

40s are STILL a force in SD and anyone to think otherwise is a fool! The 40s are RAN and the generations of SD locals NOW! So I know for a fact they are still there because SD has there own RANKS of 40s, with LIL CLICKS backing them up!
I dont know who your brother is but this was ways back in the crack hey deys bra.And who is your bra i met some kats in chula vista from familys and they told me they were at it with skyline cause thay had a weed spot in they hood. Anyway i have been living on and off in national city for ten yrs if i am not over seas in some exotic country. i know about the 40s and there reputation my closes homeboy is Tony Loco from 47 blocc.Man we were having a bar b q in chula vista when smoke got killed at the funneral of there Somoan homeboy J from 45.

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 27th, 2010, 9:20 am

gautier wrote:
youngspade wrote:

I dont know who your brother is but this was ways back in the crack hey deys bra.And who is your bra i met some kats in chula vista from familys and they told me they were at it with skyline cause thay had a weed spot in they hood. Anyway i have been living on and off in national city for ten yrs if i am not over seas in some exotic country. i know about the 40s and there reputation my closes homeboy is Tony Loco from 47 blocc.Man we were having a bar b q in chula vista when smoke got killed at the funneral of there Somoan homeboy J from 45.
i was just wondering were you got the 60s from thay really never had no presence in dagounless you talking about the O'ferral Park 60s

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » January 27th, 2010, 9:38 am

theres LA bloods in sd, never knew that, when i use to go from mission bay to national city under this 1 bridge its like the 2nd bride u go under when ur leaving pb on the side of the 2nd bridge i think theres a NHC LA tag, i got a ?. which bloods beef with eachother cuz i know lincoln park bloods and skyline piru beef, i knew this 1 girl named young bunny girl whos from emareld hills blood gang, ofarrell i ve seen some claimers, and some bloods from 59 brims, back in 2008 or 2009 when that shooting happened at valencia park i think they shot a 15 year old and some girl cuz she saw them shoot him, i knew the guys cuzzin and at her house one time they had all these bloods from his hood but i forgot what hood he was from, i think they said lincoln or skyline killed him and he was from 59 brims

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 27th, 2010, 10:33 am

its skyline ,Oferral park pirus vs 59brims ,emerald hills,lincoln park ,bLOOds i will post some articles later

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » January 27th, 2010, 2:27 pm

gautier wrote:its skyline ,Oferral park pirus vs 59brims ,emerald hills,lincoln park ,bLOOds i will post some articles later

WOW, and they got the crip gangs to worry about too!

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » January 27th, 2010, 5:20 pm

gautier wrote:its skyline ,Oferral park pirus vs 59brims ,emerald hills,lincoln park ,bLOOds i will post some articles later
i hear oferral aint really a threat, that they got alot of lil claimers, same thing with emarald hills,lincoln, skyline,59 all i hear be doin shit,what bout that lil africa piru, i know this 1 guy whos older brothers are all from lincoln and he wud go around claimin skyline cuz at morse it they had skyline ni666as,have they even fought, like i know this 1 ni666a from skyline dont trip bout 59 cuz his older bro is from 59 brims but he is known to get down for skyline, i know years ago that ni666a nate the great got killed supposably by lincoln

i got the name, michael taylor that freshmen from point loma was from 59 brims, they said 2 foos shouted gang challenges, but he was from 59 brims, and they killed the girl monique palmer just cuz she saw them kill that other 1

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 27th, 2010, 9:54 pm

naw the offerral parks 60s go hard theygo hard .my homeboy from lincoln told me of a drive-by they did on emeralds they had a car that went through to bang on them and while they was bangin back on that car another car came by and busted on them some slick shit right. they have killed some lincolns and emralds.

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 27th, 2010, 10:08 pm

. FACTUAL AND PROCEDURAL BACKGROUND

A. Factual background

1. The Prosecution's Case

The charges against Gater arose from four different incidents, three of which involved Gater shooting at rival gang members. In one of those incidents, Gater's victim died. In another, the victim was injured in the groin area, and in the third, the victim escaped without injury. While the final incident did not involve Gater shooting at anyone, police found a loaded semi-automatic firearm in Gater's possession. The prosecution alleged that Gater was a member of a criminal street gang and that he committed the charged crimes for the benefit of his gang.

a. Gang Evidence

San Diego Police Detective Andrew Spear testified as a gang expert regarding Gater's affiliation with the Skyline-Piru (Skyline) gang. Detective Spear's primary area of expertise relates to the Skyline and O'Farrell Park (O'Farrell) street gangs. According to Spear, the Skyline and O'Farrell gangs are allies. Their mutual enemies include the Emerald Hills Blood Gang, the Lincoln Park Bloods, and the 59 Brims. Spear testified that the relationship between Skyline and O'Farrell is extremely close, and that disrespect shown toward one gang would be considered disrespect to the other. Spear identified Gater as a member of Skyline. According to Spear, Gater's moniker is "D." Gater and his brother, Marcus, are also called the "Gater Boys." Spear identified a photograph he confiscated during a probation search of another individual as depicting Gater, his brother, and other documented Skyline and O'Farrell members "throwing up" gang signs, meaning that they were displaying hand signs that represent gang affiliations.

Spear explained the meaning of a number of statements Gater made in a letter he wrote from jail to a girl who was apparently a Skyline affiliate. Spear understood Gater to be asking the girl to keep other Skyline members motivated to continue committing crimes so that rival gangs would know that "Skyline's out there, they're a factor, they're out there, they're putting in work . . . they're actively trying to shoot other gang members and kill them."

b. The Alexander Murder

Eager Alexander was shot in the back of the head late on November 15, 2002, or early the following morning, on a sidewalk on C Street in downtown San Diego. An ambulance arrived at the scene and transported Alexander to the hospital, where he later died.

In the early morning of November 16, 2002, San Diego Police Detective Bruce Pendleton found two .45-caliber shell casings just southeast of the area where Alexander was found. Pendleton also noticed a bullet hole in a small window of a nearby hotel. He found a .45-caliber bullet inside the hotel, in a rug that was rolled up. Later testing established that the bullet and casings had been fired from the same gun.

Deputy medical examiner Christopher Swalwell conducted an autopsy on Alexander's body on November 17, 2002. Swalwell determined that a gunshot wound to the head caused Alexander's death. The bullet entered above Alexander's left ear and exited through his right eyebrow. Alexander did not die immediately upon being shot, but was declared brain dead several hours after the shooting. Alexander had a few superficial scrapes around his right eye and on the right side of his face. He also had scrapes on the back of his left hand and knee.

Denton Capell, a member of Skyline at the time of Alexander's death, was present at the scene. After Alexander was killed, Capell entered into an agreement with the district attorney's office pursuant to which Capell would receive relocation expenses in exchange for his truthful testimony. Capell testified that members of the Skyline and O'Farrell gangs were present at the scene of the Alexander shooting. Capell said that he did not remember Gater being there. Capell heard two shots that night, and witnessed Alexander fall to the ground, but did not see who shot Alexander. After Alexander was shot, everyone left the scene. Capell acknowledged that he was reluctant to testify as to everything he knew about the Alexander shooting because he feared for his family's safety.

The jury also heard an interview that Detective Pendleton conducted with Capell in February 2005. Capell was in custody at that time for giving false information to a police officer. During the interview, Capell told Pendleton that he saw Gater fire a gun at Alexander twice as Alexander tried to run away from the group of Skyline and O'Farrell members. After the shooting, Capell asked Gater why he had shot Alexander, and Gater replied that he did not know.

Allan Reddick, a friend of Gater's and a Skyline member, was also present at the scene of the Alexander murder. At the time of Gater's trial, Reddick was on probation for having falsely identified himself to a peace officer. Reddick admitted that he did not want to testify against Gater. Reddick claimed that he could not remember many details of the Alexander shooting, including whether Gater had been present at the scene that night. When faced with prior statements he had made to the effect that Gater and his brother Marcus had been present that night, Reddick acknowledged having said that, but ultimately stated that he did not in fact know whether Gater had been there, after all. Although Reddick did not acknowledge that he was afraid to testify, he did admit that he had previously cooperated with police in another matter, and that his house had been burned down afterward.

The jury heard a recording of an interview between Detective Pendleton and Reddick that occurred in October 2003. During that interview, Reddick said that a member of O'Farrell had instigated a fight on the night of the Alexander shooting, and that a group of people had "jumped" Alexander. When Alexander tried to run away from the group, he was shot. Reddick initially told Pendleton that an individual named "Ricky" was the person who instigated the fight and shot Alexander. Reddick subsequently told Pendleton that he had not seen the shooter. When Pendleton told Reddick that he had heard that one of the "Gater boys" was the shooter, Reddick acknowledged that he had heard this, too, and claimed, at first, that he had heard that Marcus Gater was the shooter. After Pendleton told Reddick that he had heard that Demetrius Gater was the shooter, Reddick admitted that he, too, had heard this. When Pendleton asked Reddick whether he had witnessed either of the Gater brothers involved in the fight, Reddick responded, "[M]an I don't want to put my life in danger." Reddick then stated that Demetrius was the shooter, but later qualified his statement, claiming that he knew that the shooter was one of the Gater brothers, but that he did not know which one. Reddick knew that the shooter had been wearing a black hoodie, and that Demetrius had been wearing a black hoodie on the night Alexander was shot, while Marcus had been wearing a gray hoodie.

Gater's brother, William Trice, testified that Gater admitted months after the shooting that he was the one who had shot Alexander. Trice said that he was not present at the scene when the shooting occurred, but that Gater had described to him what had happened. According to Trice, Gater explained that Alexander was "trying to be a bad ass" and was "[t]rying to start shit." Alexander had been "[t]hrowing up gang signs," so Gater and "his homeys" beat up Alexander. Alexander apparently ran off, but then returned. Trice said he guessed that Alexander "wanted more problems." As Alexander tried to run off again, Gater chased him down and shot at him twice. Gater told Trice that he shot Alexander in the back and in the head.*fn2

Another Skyline member, Jimmie Lee Hunter, testified that Gater told him about Alexander's murder while they were incarcerated together.*fn3 Gator explained to Hunter that he and some other Skyline and O'Farrell members had gone downtown on the night of the murder and had run into Emerald Hills members, including Alexander. When Alexander approached them, they "jumped" him. Alexander then ran away. As Alexander was running, Gater shot him twice in the head with a .45-caliber gun.

Detective Spear testified that in his opinion, a hypothetical crime based on the facts of Alexander's murder would have been committed for the benefit of a criminal street gang. According to Spear, because the victim was a member of a rival gang, his death would benefit the shooter's gang by demonstrating that the gang's members are willing to perpetuate violence on their rivals. The murder would also bolster a gang's reputation by causing rival gang members and community members to be in fear, which would mean in turn that people would be less willing to call the police to report crimes and/or testify against a gang member in court.

c. The Roberson Attempted Murder

Fredrick Roberson was shot by a suspected Skyline or O'Farrell member on the night of April 18, 2003, in Emerald Hills. Roberson suffered a gunshot wound to the groin area. The bullet damaged his femoral vein and artery. He was hospitalized for five days and underwent surgery.

San Diego Police Officer John Cochran responded to the scene of the Roberson shooting. Cochran collected four nine-millimeter shell casings from ammunition for a semi-automatic firearm in the street near where Roberson was shot.

At trial, Roberson could not recall much of what happened on the night he was shot, or what he had told officers after the shooting. He remembered that he had tried to pull a gun out of his pocket, but that he was hit by a bullet before he could get a shot off. Roberson knew Gater from school. Roberson testified that Gater was not the person who shot him and said that he had not seen Gater on the night of the shooting.

Detective Jeff Johnson interviewed Roberson on April 19, 2003 at Mercy Hospital. Roberson told Johnson that just before he was shot, he had been walking home when three cars drove by him and caught his attention. As the cars passed, he heard someone yell, "Fuck Emerald Hills." Roberson started to run and heard a gunshot. The shot hit Roberson. Roberson did not identify the shooter.

Detective Patrick Murphy interviewed Roberson in October 2003. Roberson told Murphy that a line of cars had driven past him on the night he was shot. Someone in one of the cars said, "Fuck Emerald Hills," and someone in another car threw a Skyline gang sign. Roberson said that the shooter was a dark skinned Black male who was riding in a Camaro. Roberson was shown a photographic lineup, which included a picture of Gater. Roberson did not identify any of the individuals in the lineup as having been involved in the shooting.

Detective Murphy interviewed Capell, who told Murphy that he was present when Roberson was shot. Capell said that he had been driving one vehicle in a convoy of about six vehicles. Gater and Reginald Moore were in a blue Camaro. Capell also said that he saw Gater shoot four or five rounds from a .38-caliber revolver. At trial, Capell denied that he was present when Roberson was shot. He also denied having made the statements that Murphy attributed to him.

Trice testified that Gater told him about Gater's involvement in the Roberson shooting. Gater told Trice that he fired between two and four shots, and that he hit Roberson in the stomach.

Detective Spear opined, based on a hypothetical scenario, that a crime like the Roberson shooting would have been committed for the benefit of a criminal street gang, for the same reasons he cited with regard to the Alexander shooting.

d. The Hardy Smith Shooting

On September 8, 2003, Hardy Smith, a 59 Brims gang member, was standing outside his home in Paradise Hills when a tan car drove up to the house and stopped.

One of the passengers in the car got out and fired two shots toward the house. One shot hit a car and another hit a wall of the house. Smith was not injured.

Eduardo Arreguin testified that he was the person who was driving the car that day, and that Gater was the shooter. According to Arreguin, he was with Gater at Morse High School on the day of the shooting. Arreguin agreed to give Gater and two other individuals a ride in his car. Arreguin drove the group to Moonlight Liquor store. Everyone except Arreguin got out of the car and went into the store. Upon returning to Arreguin's car, Gater got in the front passenger seat and told Arreguin to follow another car that had also been parked at the liquor store.

As Arreguin drove through the neighborhood, Gater pointed to someone and called him "Hardy." As Arreguin and his passengers drove by Hardy Smith's house, someone in front of the house yelled, "Fuck Skyline." Arreguin stopped the car and Gater got out. Arreguin thought that Smith had a gun in his pants, but he never saw Smith display a gun. Arreguin heard arguing and then heard two or three shots. He thought that the gunshots had come from behind him, going toward Smith's house. Gater ran back to the car. Arreguin did not see a gun in Gater's possession.

Ernest Alexander was called to testify at Gater's trial. Ernest said that he did not know anything about the September 8 shooting. Ernest's mother, Vaneisha Haggerty, also said that she knew nothing about the shooting. However, Detective Brian Pendleton had interviewed Haggerty on the day of the shooting. At that time, Haggerty told Pendleton that her son, Ernest, had said that he and a friend had been driving home on the day of the shooting when they noticed that they were being followed by another car.

When they arrived home and got out of the car, they noticed that the other car had stopped. Ernest saw the front passenger get out of the car. He told his mother that the "Gater boys" were responsible for the shooting. Haggerty did not allow Pendleton to speak with her son.

On the afternoon of September 8, 2003, 14-year-old Anthony Gonzalez and a friend were in Gonzalez's garage. Gonzalez lived on the same street as Smith. The two boys saw a beige Nissan Maxima pull up and stop in front of Smith's house while Smith was outside washing his car. Gonzalez watched as someone got out of the front passenger seat and said something to Smith. The man lifted his shirt, and Gonzalez could see that he had a gun tucked into his pants. The man walked back to the car, leaned into the car, then turned around and fired two shots toward Smith's house. He then got into the car and the car drove away. Gonzalez could not identify the shooter, but described him as an African-American male, in his 20's.

Smith testified that he remembered washing his car in front of his home on September 8, 2003, but said he remembered nothing about a shooting on that date. Smith had previously told Detective Johnson that he had been washing his car in his driveway when a car pulled up in front of the house. A passenger got out of the car and said, "[W]hat's up." Smith understood this to be a challenge to fight. The passenger then pulled a nine-millimeter handgun from the car. Smith ran back toward his house and heard two gunshots. Smith showed Johnson the bullet holes in his car and house. However, Smith refused to identify anyone who participated in the shooting. Smith told Detective Johnson that he did not want to be a "snitch," and said he was worried about what would happen to his mother if something were to happen to him.

Officer Scott Christie responded to the Smith residence on the day of the shooting. Christie recovered two nine-millimeter shell casings near Smith's car, and noticed a bullet hole in the driver's door of Smith's car and another bullet hole in a wall of Smith's house.

Trice testified at trial that Gater admitted that he had been in a car that was chasing another car away from the Moonlight liquor store. As they approached Smith's house, he saw a group of men from another gang. Gater "called them out," but apparently none of them wanted to fight. Gater told Trice that he acted as if he was going to get back into the car, but instead turned around and started shooting at the men.

Hunter also testified that Gater told Hunter that he participated in the shooting at Smith's house. Gater told Hunter that he and three others drove to Smith's house. Smith was with two other members of the 59 Brims. Gater wanted to fight Smith, but Smith refused. Gater told Hunter that he shot a nine-millimeter gun into the air to scare the men. According to Gater, he wasn't aiming at anyone in the group.

Gang expert Detective Spear was presented with a hypothetical example based on the facts of the Smith shooting. Spear opined that such a shooting would have been committed for the benefit of a criminal street gang.

e. Gater's Possession of a Weapon

On September 27, 2003, LaQuisha Rodgers and her boyfriend, Lorenzo Peay, were sitting in Peay's car talking to Gater in front of Gater's house on Manzana Drive in San Diego. Gater noticed a police vehicle coming toward them. He leaned toward Peay's car and attempted to throw a gun that he had been carrying in his waistband into the car. As the police officers grabbed Gater and pulled his hands behind his back, the gun fell into Peay's car through the open window.

Officer Frank Wilson arrested Gater. Wilson found a nine-millimeter semi-automatic handgun on the floor of Peay's car near Rodgers's feet. The handgun was loaded with one round in the magazine.

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 27th, 2010, 10:31 pm

shooting between skyline and lincoln.news reoprt then court case

news report Jurors visit site of fatal shooting

Three on trial in 2003 park slaying

By J. Harry Jones
STAFF WRITER

September 11, 2004

MISSION BEACH – Jurors who will soon decide the guilt or innocence of three men accused of murdering a rival gang member toured Bonita Cove yesterday where the Father's Day shooting took place.

The jury members saw the grassy area in Mission Bay Park where 23-year-old Travis Thomas was fatally shot and two other members of a street gang from the Skyline area of southeastern San Diego were injured.

Prosecutor Dana Greisen has told the jury the killing was carried out by members of a rival street gang from Lincoln Park. The gang members, the prosecutor said, confronted about 30 Skyline members at Bonita Cove, where hundreds of people were attending an annual Puerto Rican festival in 2003.

Fighting broke out between gang members and was followed by five or six gunshots. Thomas was struck in the chest and died a short time later. Two other Skyline gang members were injured.

Over the next several months, 11 Lincoln Park gang members were arrested and charged with murder. Since then, eight have pleaded guilty to lesser charges of manslaughter or assault, including two who signed agreements to cooperate. In exchange for their testimony, the two were released from jail.

The remaining three defendants, Na'il Downey, 19, Jerome Silvels, 27, and Darrell Tittle, 26, are on trial. If convicted, they could be imprisoned for life.

Both cooperating witnesses testified Thursday. One identified Downey as the gunman. The other said he didn't see who fired the gun, but said a few days after the slaying, Downey indicated to him that he fired the fatal shot.

The two also testified that Tittle and Silvels were part of the group that confronted the Skyline members. Even though they did not fire the gun, they, too, are charged with murder.

The testimony came in the courtroom of San Diego Superior Court Judge John Thompson, who has placed a gag order on attorneys in the case. Many of the witnesses, including the Skyline members who were shot, were reluctant to tell what they knew.

One Skyline member, who had been recording events with a video camera just before the shooting, testified that he was afraid to be in court because of two things: In April, he said, his family escaped from their home when his house "was burned to the ground." Later this year, he said, he was attacked at a gas station by several members of the Lincoln Park gang; his car was stolen and the attackers ran him over with it.

Thompson told the jury there is no evidence to suggest that Downey, Tittle or Silvels were involved with what he called the "firebombing" of the witness' house or the gas station attack.

One of the cooperating witnesses said he or his family had been threatened several times about talking to police and prosecutors. He said Downey and Silvels were among a group in a jail holding cell who told him his brothers might be killed if he continued to cooperate with authorities. He also said Silvels later called him a "snitch" and stared him down one day after a court hearing.

The prosecution is expected to wrap up its case next week.

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » January 27th, 2010, 10:41 pm

court case of story above

FACTUAL BACKGROUND

Because the sufficiency of the evidence is challenged by both defendants, we set out the facts in the light most favorable to the judgment,*fn4 which shows both Downey and Tittle, stepbrothers by marriage,*fn5 were members or associates of the Lincoln Park Bloods (Lincoln Park) criminal street gang on June 15, 2003, when the events pertinent to this case began unfolding. On that day, each met up with other Lincoln Park gang members and associates to travel to Mission Bay Park to attend the annual Puerto Rican Festival. When the group arrived at the beach in their traditional colors of red and green, they saw a large group of people associated with their rival criminal street gang, the Skyline Pirus (Skyline). The men from the Lincoln Park group, which included Tittle and Downey, walked quickly toward the Skyline group. As they did so, several members donned gloves, and Downey and others put green bandanas over their faces.

When the groups met face to face, they exchanged hostile, degrading and derogatory words, with Tittle telling the Skyline group, "we ain't trippin', if you ain't trippin'." When someone in the Skyline group said there were "no truces" and asked who Tittle was, Tittle declared, "I'm Knock-out-D from Lincoln Park murda gang." When the Lincoln Park group began chanting "murda gang," someone, probably Tittle, tossed a soda can at Skyline member Michael Canty, who immediately punched Tittle in the face, causing other Lincoln Park and Skyline members to exchange blows. Within seconds of this outbreak, Downey pulled out a .38 caliber revolver from his waistband and fired four to six shots at the Skyline group. Members of both groups fled after the shots were fired and police immediately arrived on the scene.

While detaining people for questioning, the police saw several Black males driving in an Oldsmobile, which they later found abandoned in the beach parking lot. A search of the car revealed a Dupont jacket with a digital camera in a pocket on the back passenger seat and the firearm used in the shooting under that seat.

As a result of the shooting, Skyline member Travis Thomas was hit in the upper chest by one bullet and died at a hospital within the hour. A second bullet passed through Canty's calf causing him great bodily injury and a third bullet hit Skyline member Greggory Fulgham's foot.

Because many of the witnesses to the altercation and shooting were friends, associates or members of the gangs involved, there was a tremendous amount of intimidation placed on them in the months following the shootings and the actual trial. Numerous witnesses were reluctant to talk to police or testify about the incident. Downey had even telephoned one witness, Angel Parrison, telling her she should leave town.

At trial, the above evidence was presented as well as the testimony of a number of witnesses associated with Lincoln Park and Skyline, and two cooperating witnesses, Deandre Moore and Kenny Reed. The testimony revealed the group from Lincoln Park knew members of Skyline would likely be at Mission Bay Park that fateful day and there would be a fight if the members of Skyline posed any problems as they had in 2002 at the Puerto Rican festival, which had also erupted in a fight and shooting between the two rival gangs. In addition to independent witnesses giving accounts of how the Lincoln Park group menacingly advanced toward the Skyline group at Mission Bay Park and giving physical descriptions of the shooter as having long hair pulled back in a ponytail, wearing a Dupont jacket with a green bandana over his face, being about 5'10" to 5'11" tall and thin, the jury received video and photographic evidence taken by Skyline member Allen Reddick at the beach that day showing the approaching gang's actions, and included stills of the 11 persons originally charged in this case. The physical descriptions of the shooter matched Downey's physical build.

In addition, both Moore and Reed, who had originally been charged with the same crimes as Downey and Tittle, and had pled guilty to lesser charges to avoid prison terms, testified as accomplices as a matter of law. Each had been at the Bay Vista Apartments with Downey, known as "Li'l Knock-out," and other Skyline members before heading for the beach in several carloads via a liquor store, where Tittle, Silvels and additional Lincoln Park members joined the caravan. Before leaving the apartments, Reed heard the group talk about Skyline being at the beach and Downey ask "who was going to carry the gun or whatever." Both Reed and Moore described Downey as wearing a Dupont jacket or red "race car jacket" that day and said he had a digital camera with him earlier in the day.

Moore, who rode to the beach in an Oldsmobile with Downey and others, stated they parked the car near the roller coaster and walked across the street toward Bonita Cove after meeting with Reed and other Lincoln Park members who had arrived at the beach. When the group saw people from Skyline, gang signs and yelling began between the two rivals. Although he saw Downey pull a green handkerchief out of a pocket, saw someone in the Skyline group punch Tittle, and heard about six shots before running back toward the parking lot where he was detained by police, Moore did not see a gun or who was shooting it that day.

Although Downey had threatened Moore about testifying in this case, Moore identified Downey in court as the person wearing the Dupont jacket visible in one of the video stills, noted Downey had cut his hair two days after the shooting, and said Downey had merely smiled when asked later if he had anything to do with the shooting.

Reed claimed he did not see the fight with Skyline take place, but only saw the two groups of people "running at each other." According to Reed he bent down to tie his shoe and when he got up he heard gunshots. He froze when he saw the gun and saw Downey firing it in "their direction." When Reed ran back across the street to the parking lot, he saw Downey run to the Oldsmobile and return from the car without the Dupont jacket. When Reed later talked with Downey about the shooting, Downey told him he was the shooter and "it wasn't supposed to happen like that." Reed told others he had been close to the shooting and Downey was the shooter. Reed was impeached with many inconsistent statements he had made during the investigation about whether he had seen the shooting or knew who the shooter was.

The jury further received evidence that, besides Downey, an older Lincoln Park member, Chantell Wilson, also carried a gun to the beach that day, and that Downey had essentially admitted afterwards to various Lincoln Park members and associates other than Reed that he was the "shooter."

Parrison also unwillingly testified regarding her threats from Downey about her testifying and was impeached by numerous statements she had made to the police during the investigation when she denied knowing anything about the shooting at trial. In those earlier statements, she had told police Downey and others had planned the encounter with Skyline before leaving the Bay Vista Apartments, with Downey to carry the gun, and that afterwards, at her apartment, many of the Skyline members met, including Downey, and everyone talked about Downey being the one who shot "the kid" at the beach. Parrison also told the police Downey had cut his hair the day after the shooting. She thought the person in the Dupont jacket in the photograph stills could have been Downey.

In addition to the above, testimony of numerous police officers regarding the investigation and pretrial statements of other witnesses, who later changed their testimony at trial, as well as a gang expert testifying about the history of violence between Lincoln Park and Skyline and the significance of gang colors, monikers, signs and language were presented. The expert opined violence and shootings would be expected when large groups of these two antagonistic gangs came in conduct while in full gang colors. The expert and another police officer also discussed the gang songs on various CDs and letters found in the possession of Lincoln Park gang members, including Tittle and Downey, which contained words and lyrics about murdering Skyline members and warning about "snitches." The expert further discussed the "code of silence" among gang members and the practices of switching clothing around so as not to be identified by police.

Tittle presented several witnesses in his defense to show he did not fight back after Canty swung at him, he was angry with Downey and he thought the shooting was a "stupid thing" to do. He also relied on co-defendant Silvels's testimony that he (Tittle) had made it clear to the Skyline group that he did not want any problems and the Lincoln Park group was only there to pick up girls at the festival. Downey's mother and an investigator testified in Downey's defense, hoping to show Downey had worn a striped sweater that day and was not the shooter as depicted in the video still photographs shown the jury.

After considering all the evidence, arguments and instructions, the jury convicted Tittle and Downey of various offenses stemming from the shootings, with Downey being found to have been the person who fired the gun that killed Thomas and wounded Canty and Fulgham.

DISCUSSION

I. SUFFICIENCY OF THE EVIDENCE

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: 1904

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » June 3rd, 2010, 4:15 pm

Pumpkin2 wrote:Theirs a new black gang down in chula vista MOSS STREET PIMPS they hang at the apts on moss and broadway they are made up of black gang members from all over diego. crips and bloods; mostly 5/9 and l/ps.they beefing with mexicans in cv..
I thought this was a joke-but I just saw -MO$$ BLOCK- hitups in big bold black all around the intersection of Broadway and Moss. They active? Or they just wall bang?

YUNGBOSS323
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: WeSs WeSs SiDE L.A. CiTY

Unread post by YUNGBOSS323 » June 18th, 2010, 9:51 am

San Diego got a lot of LA niggas.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » June 28th, 2010, 12:05 am

New Crip gang in DAGO:

Valleyside Crips (AKA: Valleyside Playboys, Valleyside Playboy Riders). In Spring Valley. Whats the history on them? What's there hood boundries? They get along with SV Locos? I assume that they are beefin heavy with ESP and CDOB since those are their nearest neighbors.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » June 28th, 2010, 12:08 am

Almost reminds me of Valley Locs. Wasn't that a black Crip gang in SV and PH in the late 1980's?

YUNGBOSS323
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: WeSs WeSs SiDE L.A. CiTY

Unread post by YUNGBOSS323 » June 28th, 2010, 11:37 pm

I be over there in SV neva heard of them.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » July 2nd, 2010, 2:48 pm

YUNGBOSS323 wrote:I be over there in SV neva heard of them.

I was in SValley this week and the only thing I saw was a PB bunny spray painted in blur off of Troy or Bancroft...one of those streets.

But in CVista this week I saw some tagging in Moss Block's hood. I guess there beefin with the eses in that area pretty hard. I saw a cholo style hitup that said F-ck Ni--ers. Didn't see the varrio that tagged it up. It was on a wall in big letters that you could see as you drove down Moss Street. Too bad to see racial beefs popping up in the SoBay.

I'm just curious about the history of MBlock. They seemed to have popped out of no where. Are they Bloods? Cause the hitups I saw also said PK BK. At least there was no NK. The only other solid black gang ever in CVista was the Blood gang K Street Mob (-KSTMOB-, -KMOB-). They were allys with Skyline Piru. I remember people dissed them by calling them KMART or KMART Slobs. They were in -VCV- K Street Boys turf, but I don't think there were beefs. Both -KSTMOB- and the -KSTBS- click of -VCV- seemed to die off at the same time in the early 1990's.