S.O.D. (Sun Of Death)

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
BLaZeOnE510
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

S.O.D. (Sun Of Death)

Unread post by BLaZeOnE510 » April 8th, 2004, 10:13 pm

das

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: S.O.D. (Sun Of Death)

Unread post by YungLoCC » April 8th, 2004, 11:27 pm

dunt you mean Sons Of Death? yeah wut you noe bout em homie?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » April 8th, 2004, 11:31 pm

^^ Sup Yung Locc, heres an article i found on this site about ur hood homie.

http://www.streetgangs.com/topics/2003/101903asian.html

Asian gang violence escalates in East Bay
No one even recalls origins of the rivalries
Jim Herron Zamora
Sunday, October 19, 2003
2003 San Francisco Chronicle

The gang rivalry that led to the death of 15-year-old honor student in her Richmond home last week began a decade ago when a group of Asian American students banded together to protect each other from bullies.

But some of the youths, whose parents and grandparents were transplanted to the East Bay from centuries-old villages in remote highlands of Laos and Vietnam, formed street gangs and turned to drug-dealing, stealing cars and engaging in drive-by shootings -- often on each other, according to police and community leaders.

"They adopted the worst things about American culture,'' said Torm Nompraseurt, the uncle of Chan Boonkeut, the girl killed late Monday when a bullet fired through the front door of her family's home struck her in the head. "They killed my niece for no reason," said Nompraseurt, who is also an East Bay Laotian community leader. "It was just foolish and tragic.''

Chan, a student leader at her high school, was buried Saturday after a memorial service in Richmond where relatives and friends wept as they filed past her open casket.

Police say members of one gang, known as the Sons of Death, fired more than a dozen rounds into the Boonkeut home in an apparent effort to kill her older brother, who allegedly has ties to a rival gang, the Color of Blood.

Two days later, two brothers, ages 19 and 22 and alleged members of the Sons of Death, were arrested in connection with the shooting. The younger one has been charged with murder. The older one is being held on unrelated warrants but may also be charged with the girl's slaying.

Investigators believe the Sons of Death were trying to avenge a recent incident in which some Color of Blood members sprayed about 20 bullets at them at an exit off Interstate 80 in Richmond. The groups have also been linked to at least one homicide and several nonfatal shootings in recent weeks, police say.

The attacks are part of an increasingly violent rivalry that has gone on so long that authorities don't remember exactly how gang members began turning against each other.

"No one seems to know why these wars started,'' said Detective Manjit Sappal, an Asian gang expert with the Richmond Police Department. "I've done a lot of interviews. It goes on and on. But no one can really explain it.''

Both gangs are primarily made up of second-generation Laotian and Vietnamese immigrants whose parents came over from the least-developed mountain regions.

Their core members come from hill tribes -- the Khmu, the Mien and the Hmong. These tribes, minorities in Laos, were armed by the CIA and fought on the side of the U.S. government in the Vietnam War. After the Communists took over Laos and Vietnam in 1975, thousands of villagers were relocated to the Bay Area and San Joaquin Valley.

The adults -- if lucky enough to find jobs -- often ended up working long hours as janitors or construction laborers with little time to help their kids.

"Many of the young people don't really see where they fit in,'' said Bang Karnsouvong, who counsels Southeast Asian youth at Gompers High School, an alternative school in Richmond. "The parents are working long hours and don't know how to help their kids. The kids in gangs, they pretty much grew up on their own. They don't relate to their parents.''

The Sons of Death began informally in the West Contra Costa public schools as young Asian American boys banded together to keep from being picked on by African American and Latino neighbors, gang experts say.

"In the early '90s, these immigrants started forming loose alliances to protect themselves,'' Sappal said. "When it started out, they were in tough neighborhoods just trying to avoid getting picked on at school. These groups evolved into gangs that are now into a lot of different criminal activity.''

Many smaller groups gradually became part of the Sons of Death. The Color of Blood apparently started when some young men feuded with the leadership of Sons of Death and broke off, police say.

The two groups were at odds in Oakland in July 1997, when 7-year-old Sou Sio Saephanh was shot to death in his parents' driveway by gunmen who fired from a passing car. The gang members were trying to kill one of his older brothers, Oakland police said.

Most criminal justice statistics show that Asian Americans as a whole are less likely to become involved in crime than virtually any other group. But studies that have looked at crime rates among specific Asian ethnic groups have found that young people of Laotian descent are more likely to commit crimes than whites or Latinos.

One study showed that in Contra Costa County, 10 percent of the juveniles on probation are highland Laotians, a group that makes up less than 2 percent of the county's population.

Karnsouvong said the individualism and assertiveness that are valued in America run counter to the old village culture in Indochina, where working together is valued. Parents view their children as selfish and disrespectful. The kids see the parents as irrelevant.

"You used to just see Asian people always at the top of their high schools,'' Karnsouvong said. "But there are lots of kids who don't make it in school who drop out or end up in continuation school. These are the kids we really need to reach. A lot of people didn't notice this problem until Chan was killed.''

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YungLoCC » April 9th, 2004, 2:18 am

ay cuzz i aint boutta speak on dis.. wutever happened happened..coming frum my heart doe cuzz that was a big ass mistake Locc..

the BaY aLLdAy RiChMoNd CaLiFoRn-I-A

XRAY2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by XRAY2 » April 9th, 2004, 11:19 am

NikexCortez wrote:^^ Sup Yung Locc, heres an article i found on this site about ur hood homie.

http://www.streetgangs.com/topics/2003/101903asian.html

Asian gang violence escalates in East Bay
No one even recalls origins of the rivalries
Jim Herron Zamora
Sunday, October 19, 2003
2003 San Francisco Chronicle

The gang rivalry that led to the death of 15-year-old honor student in her Richmond home last week began a decade ago when a group of Asian American students banded together to protect each other from bullies.

But some of the youths, whose parents and grandparents were transplanted to the East Bay from centuries-old villages in remote highlands of Laos and Vietnam, formed street gangs and turned to drug-dealing, stealing cars and engaging in drive-by shootings -- often on each other, according to police and community leaders.

"They adopted the worst things about American culture,'' said Torm Nompraseurt, the uncle of Chan Boonkeut, the girl killed late Monday when a bullet fired through the front door of her family's home struck her in the head. "They killed my niece for no reason," said Nompraseurt, who is also an East Bay Laotian community leader. "It was just foolish and tragic.''

Chan, a student leader at her high school, was buried Saturday after a memorial service in Richmond where relatives and friends wept as they filed past her open casket.

Police say members of one gang, known as the Sons of Death, fired more than a dozen rounds into the Boonkeut home in an apparent effort to kill her older brother, who allegedly has ties to a rival gang, the Color of Blood.

Two days later, two brothers, ages 19 and 22 and alleged members of the Sons of Death, were arrested in connection with the shooting. The younger one has been charged with murder. The older one is being held on unrelated warrants but may also be charged with the girl's slaying.

Investigators believe the Sons of Death were trying to avenge a recent incident in which some Color of Blood members sprayed about 20 bullets at them at an exit off Interstate 80 in Richmond. The groups have also been linked to at least one homicide and several nonfatal shootings in recent weeks, police say.

The attacks are part of an increasingly violent rivalry that has gone on so long that authorities don't remember exactly how gang members began turning against each other.

"No one seems to know why these wars started,'' said Detective Manjit Sappal, an Asian gang expert with the Richmond Police Department. "I've done a lot of interviews. It goes on and on. But no one can really explain it.''

Both gangs are primarily made up of second-generation Laotian and Vietnamese immigrants whose parents came over from the least-developed mountain regions.

Their core members come from hill tribes -- the Khmu, the Mien and the Hmong. These tribes, minorities in Laos, were armed by the CIA and fought on the side of the U.S. government in the Vietnam War. After the Communists took over Laos and Vietnam in 1975, thousands of villagers were relocated to the Bay Area and San Joaquin Valley.

The adults -- if lucky enough to find jobs -- often ended up working long hours as janitors or construction laborers with little time to help their kids.

"Many of the young people don't really see where they fit in,'' said Bang Karnsouvong, who counsels Southeast Asian youth at Gompers High School, an alternative school in Richmond. "The parents are working long hours and don't know how to help their kids. The kids in gangs, they pretty much grew up on their own. They don't relate to their parents.''

The Sons of Death began informally in the West Contra Costa public schools as young Asian American boys banded together to keep from being picked on by African American and Latino neighbors, gang experts say.

"In the early '90s, these immigrants started forming loose alliances to protect themselves,'' Sappal said. "When it started out, they were in tough neighborhoods just trying to avoid getting picked on at school. These groups evolved into gangs that are now into a lot of different criminal activity.''

Many smaller groups gradually became part of the Sons of Death. The Color of Blood apparently started when some young men feuded with the leadership of Sons of Death and broke off, police say.

The two groups were at odds in Oakland in July 1997, when 7-year-old Sou Sio Saephanh was shot to death in his parents' driveway by gunmen who fired from a passing car. The gang members were trying to kill one of his older brothers, Oakland police said.

Most criminal justice statistics show that Asian Americans as a whole are less likely to become involved in crime than virtually any other group. But studies that have looked at crime rates among specific Asian ethnic groups have found that young people of Laotian descent are more likely to commit crimes than whites or Latinos.

One study showed that in Contra Costa County, 10 percent of the juveniles on probation are highland Laotians, a group that makes up less than 2 percent of the county's population.

Karnsouvong said the individualism and assertiveness that are valued in America run counter to the old village culture in Indochina, where working together is valued. Parents view their children as selfish and disrespectful. The kids see the parents as irrelevant.

"You used to just see Asian people always at the top of their high schools,'' Karnsouvong said. "But there are lots of kids who don't make it in school who drop out or end up in continuation school. These are the kids we really need to reach. A lot of people didn't notice this problem until Chan was killed.''
DAMN THATS SOME HEAVY STUFF RIGHT THERE TOO.

I HEARD TO THAT HIS HOOD HAD SOMETHIN TO DO
WITH THAT FINE AZZ PINOY GIRL GOT KILLED AT
HER FRONT DOOR OF HER HOUSE A FEW MONTHS AGO
TRYIN TO GET TO HER BROTHER
BUT ACCIDENTALLY GOT HER

BUT I REALLY DONT KNOW ITS HEAR SAY SO
I'LL JUST LEAVE THAT back LAST YEARS

BLaZeOnE510
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BLaZeOnE510 » May 26th, 2004, 10:48 pm

i kno the brothers datz in the article ey yungloc u kno my o.g duck 2nd g fm sod watz ur aim holla

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » May 27th, 2004, 10:24 am

^^ I'm asking nicely that you please break down your future posts so everyone can understand them in the future. Thank you.

2%SODA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 2%SODA » May 27th, 2004, 12:50 pm

BLaZeOnE510 wrote:i kno the brothers datz in the article ey yungloc u kno my o.g duck 2nd g fm sod watz ur aim holla
the fuk did he just say?

pimpsmooth420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pimpsmooth420 » June 1st, 2004, 3:04 am

i know what he said

BLaZeOnE510
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BLaZeOnE510 » June 1st, 2004, 2:32 pm

i meant, those two brothers in the article are my peoples,and asking yungloc if he knew my og named duck from sod. holla at a playa yungloc

areyouvi3t
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by areyouvi3t » June 2nd, 2004, 2:02 pm

BLaZeOnE510 wrote:i kno the brothers datz in the article ey yungloc u kno my o.g duck 2nd g fm sod watz ur aim holla
"I do know those 2 brothers that's mentioned in the article above. Excuse me Young Loco, do you know my Original Gangster, goes by the name DUCK, from the gang, S.O.D.? If so, can I have your screen name on AOL Instant Messaging? Please reply as soon as possible."

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YungLoCC » June 3rd, 2004, 3:42 pm

yeah i remember duC... homeboy gon be loCced up for a very long time cuzz.. heard he gon be doing 12 or more years in the pen... ay hoo else you noe cuzz? you noe Big Lazy?? the one that passed away in 97? yeah man just holla at me if you wanna noe more i aint got aim cuzz my bad.

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YungLoCC » June 3rd, 2004, 3:44 pm

oh yeah onemore thang.. where you from? you frum the Rich too???

BLaZeOnE510
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BLaZeOnE510 » June 3rd, 2004, 10:33 pm

gyea im frm the rich, but living in texas right now.....u know a kat name vietnam that got smoked , i also know cloudy, bee, frog, monk, binh, mark,and some others....wht generation u bang yung g....the fuck happen to rtc....holla

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YungLoCC » June 4th, 2004, 4:59 pm

yeah wussup cuzz im bangin with the Tre's allday.. oh yeah dats hoo i was talkn bout Vietnam aka Big Lazy R.I.P... yeah he got smoked in 97 by a O.C and a A.G foo busta ass niggaz cuzz.. dem niggaz gon get ders fah sho.. yeah man mostly all the homies gettin loCced up cuzz.. the only ones puttin in work out here is dem LiL G's and the otha is on the low low cuz its too hott.. i wanna post a group picture of us in here but i duuno how to do it.. tell me how to post a pic up in here yall.. holla at yo boy.. PayCe.

BLaZeOnE510
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BLaZeOnE510 » June 7th, 2004, 12:48 pm

ey homeboy ask a friend to help u, i wanna see that shit

BLaZeOnE510
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BLaZeOnE510 » June 7th, 2004, 12:53 pm

ey wat happen to rtc

BLaZeOnE510
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BLaZeOnE510 » June 7th, 2004, 12:53 pm

ey wat happen to rtc

pimpsmooth420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pimpsmooth420 » June 7th, 2004, 4:14 pm

post that pic up cuhs

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YungLoCC » June 7th, 2004, 7:52 pm

i would post it up but i dunt noe how to cuzz.. sumbody plz help me... oh yeah about dem RTC'z dem niggaz still around but not active..

BLaZeOnE510
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BLaZeOnE510 » June 8th, 2004, 9:49 pm

ey playboi shout me a email at vsopstyle at hotmail.com and i'll show u how to do it....a.watz the deal with dem c.o.b'z in the rich, i heard dem fooz out dere huntin 4 yall......which g'z u be chilling with in the rich, howz that lil nigga bee....holla bak cuzzin

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YungLoCC » June 9th, 2004, 12:35 am

BLaZeOnE510 wrote:ey playboi shout me a email at vsopstyle at hotmail.com and i'll show u how to do it....a.watz the deal with dem c.o.b'z in the rich, i heard dem fooz out dere huntin 4 yall......which g'z u be chilling with in the rich, howz that lil nigga bee....holla bak cuzzin

Ay cuzz imma send you the pic then you post it up for me aight? koo... yeah dem cob'z dem niggaz aint head huntin dey no better not to fucc with us its best for them to just stay hiding.. cuz if dey do something its gon be war again in the hood and dats forealz..