Bay Area Gangs III

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 20th, 2008, 5:34 am

~J~ wrote:Cold Bear, there's no such thing as Poplockin' I also made that mistake :)
Popin' started in Oakland and Lockin' come from Socal I believe, two different dance forms.
:
I actually heard that too. It was two different styles , one came from Fresno not Oakland though I thought. Then out of habit in So Cal cats me included just started saying poplocking (like Ronnie Hudson - West Coast Poplock) as a general term for that type of dance even though it mixed 'locking' which was a different style altogether. I personally have seen way more cats 'locking' in Oakland and 'popping' in LA, but maybe it started opposite places

This might have been posted before - Guess who it is

yo foo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yo foo » May 20th, 2008, 12:18 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:Whtcha you think about this poppin'?

Somebody said it's from 1983.
fuuuck, that was tight.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » May 20th, 2008, 1:17 pm

^ That's the straight Oldschool flavor, clean, classic! the lean he gets side to side, Damn! :shock:

Cold Bear got it right for the most part, I know the Electronic Boogaloo Lockers are credited by many for Poppin' however, Frenso didn't start Popin' it started in Oakland. Sam went to SF and picked it up there. I can't speak for what Oakland is doing nowadays, but from what I understand more and more people are doing the LA style.
Check these videos out, Poppin' OGs speak on the truth.

By the way, Ha, it was the Boo-Yaa Tribe.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 20th, 2008, 5:30 pm

Yeah, some blue city crew (boo yaa) has been posted on here before. There's also ICE-T in the video that came from.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 21st, 2008, 11:39 am

My bad in taking this a little off topic, props to ~J~ and everybody for posting vids of old school Bay shit

Compare Cali type dances to this shit they do in Detroit / Cleveland called the Errol Flynn, pretty funny

TVo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange County

Unread post by TVo » May 21st, 2008, 12:22 pm

wow, that was whack and totally unoriginal. the need to stick to Steppin or whatever that R Kelly shit is.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 29th, 2008, 2:15 pm

Anyone know how long Deep South Side Locos have been around? I think I heard of them before, but then I thought that maybe I had them confused with Deep South Side Modesto.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » May 29th, 2008, 3:21 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:Anyone know how long Deep South Side Locos have been around? I think I heard of them before, but then I thought that maybe I had them confused with Deep South Side Modesto.
I'm not even sure DSSLs are a bonafide varrio. if I remember correctly, Nortenos have been on Via Monte since around '90, but I don't know if the area had a varrio back then another then the Surenos on Hoffman Ct.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 29th, 2008, 4:26 pm

~J~ wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:Anyone know how long Deep South Side Locos have been around? I think I heard of them before, but then I thought that maybe I had them confused with Deep South Side Modesto.
I'm not even sure DSSLs are a bonafide varrio. if I remember correctly, Nortenos have been on Via Monte since around '90, but I don't know if the area had a varrio back then another then the Surenos on Hoffman Ct.
Maybe I just heard the term deep SS for that area & some fool/s repping it online do seem suspect.

Silent XIV
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Silent XIV » May 29th, 2008, 8:38 pm

DSSL HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE AND THERE ARE NO SURENOS ON HOFFMAN CT. CAUSE THE HOFFMAN HOGGS HAVE IT ON LOCKED. BASICALLY SOUTH SIDE SAN JO IS SURENO FREE AND SO IS THE NORTH SIDE.

TVo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Bay Area Gangs III

Unread post by TVo » June 11th, 2008, 11:57 am

Its odd to me that know Norteno gang in San Jo has ever claimed a "14" st. Call me crazy, but seems rathar obvious no?
14 Street Locos has a nice ring to it. Isn;t there a 14st by Backesto Park? Is that area NSSJ territory?

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » June 11th, 2008, 12:53 pm

That's right, Backesto Park is in NSSJ on 13St - 15St that was VNH's old stomping ground until the mid 90's when those Homies moved on/inactive. there were a few another X/XX St in NSSJ not really mentioning, one of which may have been 14St by word of mouth or maybe I'm wrong 'cause like I said it was in VNH's varrio. today you got some youngsters around there and really.. JSP is the only quasi varrio striking up that particular area of the Northside. the days when you could see Homies all over NSSJ are gone. I think that now, no particular varrio holds down Backesto, so I don't see why a 14St couldn't be started. obviously someone needs that idea and recruit some willing youngsters.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 11th, 2008, 4:15 pm

You know what's weird? I know some1 from NSSJ with ene homies & when I mentioned 12 ST, he acted like 14 ST was what he had known of.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » June 12th, 2008, 4:50 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:You know what's weird? I know some1 from NSSJ with ene homies & when I mentioned 12 ST, he acted like 14 ST was what he had known of.
14St may have been a small time gang, can't really remember. V12St was in a different neighborhood from Backesto, most youngsters wouldn't even know where their spot was. the interesting thing about V12St is that their neighborhood really wasn't in NSSJ close but not quite.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 16th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Anyone ever heard of about some of the b's & Surenos being homies with each other?

TVo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TVo » June 25th, 2008, 8:58 am

What are "B's?

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » June 25th, 2008, 11:06 am

I think he means "Bloods"

TVo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TVo » June 25th, 2008, 11:55 am

I'm curious, what do other gangs in Nor Cal think about Surenos, besides Nortenos.
Like the crips, bloods, asian gangs and Samoans. Do they war with Surenos also? I mean, all the gangs are Northern based and so one would think they
would take to kindly to So cal gangs reppin on there turf.

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » June 26th, 2008, 3:33 pm

WELL AS FAR AS SACRAMENTO GOES NOBODY LIKES SKRAPS OR SOUTHERNERS WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL THEM.I WENT TO SAC HIGH AND MCCLATCHY .SACRAMENTO IS A RED BASED TOWN WHICH THERE MORE BLOODS AND NORTENOS THAN CRIPS AND SKRAPS BUT CRIPS AND BLOODS DONT GET ALONG WITH THEM AT ALL.I DONT KNOW ABOUT ASAINS SO I CANT SPEEK FOR THEM.IN SOME VARRIORS YOU HAVE BLACK NORTENOS.AT SAC HIGH OAK PARK BLOODS ,OAK PARK NORTENOS AND VARRIO CENTRO SACRA WERE THE MAIN GANGS.NOBODY REALLY GET ALONG WITH SOUTHERNERS IN SACRAMENTO

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 28th, 2008, 1:07 pm

kings wrote:WELL AS FAR AS SACRAMENTO GOES NOBODY LIKES SKRAPS OR SOUTHERNERS WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL THEM.I WENT TO SAC HIGH AND MCCLATCHY .SACRAMENTO IS A RED BASED TOWN WHICH THERE MORE BLOODS AND NORTENOS THAN CRIPS AND SKRAPS BUT CRIPS AND BLOODS DONT GET ALONG WITH THEM AT ALL.I DONT KNOW ABOUT ASAINS SO I CANT SPEEK FOR THEM.IN SOME VARRIORS YOU HAVE BLACK NORTENOS.AT SAC HIGH OAK PARK BLOODS ,OAK PARK NORTENOS AND VARRIO CENTRO SACRA WERE THE MAIN GANGS.NOBODY REALLY GET ALONG WITH SOUTHERNERS IN SACRAMENTO
It's pretty much like that in SJ too, but I just used to hear some enes tell me that there was certain b's that were kool with them.

Any1 heard of BMLS having friction with CPL at a point? I think it was just a lil something between some members at a certain point, cuzz I even remember some CPL kicking it around 20th & EHP vs. CPL is what I'd hear more about.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 4th, 2008, 3:16 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:Any1 heard of BMLS having friction with CPL at a point? I think it was just a lil something between some members at a certain point, cuzz I even remember some CPL kicking it around 20th & EHP vs. CPL is what I'd hear more about.
Where would RPL's fall into place here vs CPL? it could be that the empty void in NSSJ these days is leading to other varrios from different parts of San Jo kicking on their boundary side. No disrepect but BMLS has me confused as to why Eastsiders were allowed to claim Downtown.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 6th, 2008, 11:17 am

~J~ wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:Any1 heard of BMLS having friction with CPL at a point? I think it was just a lil something between some members at a certain point, cuzz I even remember some CPL kicking it around 20th & EHP vs. CPL is what I'd hear more about.
Where would RPL's fall into place here vs CPL? it could be that the empty void in NSSJ these days is leading to other varrios from different parts of San Jo kicking on their boundary side. No disrepect but BMLS has me confused as to why Eastsiders were allowed to claim Downtown.
RPLS didn't exist back then. Like you said, Nortenos usually don't claim downtown. That was something DTN did & a lot of heads didn't like them, including some of it's own.

TVo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TVo » July 7th, 2008, 11:10 am

The closest Down town hood I recall was River Street? They were close to downtown and active in the 90's. Dunno if they considered themselves North side or not. I think it was called River Street. Hmmmm, damn, I'm getting old and my memory is slippen.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 21st, 2008, 12:42 am

I phrase the BMLS question wrong, you're right about what you said though.

Anyway..

River St huh? that would make it very close to the center of Downtown but I don't even recall houses on that street, doesn't mean they were there. I do know that they made a park and did a Guadalupe river retrofit with a bike trail there, it's just on the other side of the former second "Wall of Fame" the street is pretty much at the border of WSSJ/NSSJ - Downtown. NSP/JSP quasi gangs and VSJ is/was as close to Downtown that I know of.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 28th, 2008, 7:34 pm

What exactly happened when Frost did a show in SJ? I heard he did a show at raging waters & that he said some bad things, then got jumped.

TVo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TVo » July 29th, 2008, 9:03 am

From what I can remember, it was a long time ago. Alot of homies were in the front row and throw red pano's at him. This happened at the Cow Palace as well. He couldn't perform anywhere in the bay, trying to bring that weak as shit. He was short fat fuck anyway.

yo foo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yo foo » July 29th, 2008, 11:39 am

JBF tagged up the walls on capital expressway between story and ocala. I thought they were from 7 trees/sssj area. I've seen there tags everywhere, even on 280.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 29th, 2008, 11:01 pm

yo foo wrote:JBF tagged up the walls on capital expressway between story and ocala. I thought they were from 7 trees/sssj area. I've seen there tags everywhere, even on 280.
From what I can remember JBF been writing since the early/mid 90's.

JBF being from SSSJ makes sense, since someone said they kicked it with MFG at one time or another, that would be my guess.. and they since hit up in different parts of San Jose.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 29th, 2008, 11:17 pm

One version, by word of mouth of Kid Frost out here went something like this.. He was rapping at Studio 47 and no one knew he was a Southerner/Brown Prider or what have you, and he pulls out a blue rag and the homies made him take it off and step on it and hold/put on a red rag. security takes him out the back door.. Frost gets in the limo/car and drops the red rag on the ground and the Homies try to rush.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 30th, 2008, 1:37 am

Sounds like there's all kinds of stories about Frost & JBF has members from different parts of SJ. JBF is a pretty old school tagging from SJ. Back in the mid 90's they already seemed to be dying out & 1 of the older generations of writers, but eventually they came back.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 30th, 2008, 2:14 pm

Kid Frost was not welcomed up state after word got out.

I would consider JBF the second wave of writing crews here in the early 90's like eg: BCS & OFA and so forth. I don't doubt they have members in different parts but I believe SSSJ is where they started. yup, and as you know in the mid 90's the Hammer came down on the homies and writers.

Silent XIV
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Silent XIV » July 31st, 2008, 9:48 am

FROST WHO WAS BORN IN SANTA ROSA AND MOVED DOWN SOUTH AND STARTED BANGING.