Oak Park Bloods in Sacramento

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Oak Park Bloods in Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 16th, 2008, 12:15 am

Can't believe there's no thread on Oak Park in the Sacramento folder. Not right. So I had to start one. Two traditional sets have always been 4th ave and 33rd st, but I've heard there's more now. Anyone know?

Oak Park has a lot of tradition. Kevin Johnson, former Phoenix Sun, is from Oak Park. He's currently running for mayor.

In the early '90s there as an OG named "Nu Nu". He was in a wheel chair. Think he was from 33rd. He was respected like a godfather in Oak Park.

One RIP I know of is "YB". He was shot to death at a bar in Oak Park, back in '92.

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Oak Park Bloods

Unread post by kings » June 17th, 2008, 11:38 pm

WELL I WENT TO SAC HIGH.SO YOU HAVE 4TH AVE 12AVE 33RD.THERE ALL FROM OAK PARK BLOODS.YOU ALSO HAVE OPN WHICH IS OAK PARK NORTENOS.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 30th, 2008, 1:52 pm

Did they always claim Oak Park? Didn't some claim Franklin back in the day? I also went to Sac High in the mid '80s, right after KJ graduated. Back then, it was Franklin, Centro, and Oak Park Bloods. I remember at Sutter Junior High a lot of Mexican kids claimed Oak Park Blood, but then started claiming Franklin in high school. I know there's Oak Park 14 now. But when did they start? Did they break off of Franklon? Or, were they always there but I just missed it? That's possible, too. I'm just going by the best I can remember.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » June 30th, 2008, 2:03 pm

I got off the phone with the homie from Sac(LVP) and I he mentioned Oak Park, 4th Ave fell off heavy, most of them fallin over to LV now.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 30th, 2008, 2:23 pm

Lincoln Village? That's in Rancho, a long way from Oak Park. There must be some jail politics behind that.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » June 30th, 2008, 2:33 pm

StillNoScript wrote:Lincoln Village? That's in Rancho, a long way from Oak Park. There must be some jail politics behind that.
Yeah but he be all over the place,

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 30th, 2008, 2:34 pm

I'd like to see someone from OP confirm that 4th ave is claiming Lincoln Village. That sounds impossible to me. 4th ave might not be deep but it's still Oak Park, and Oak Park overall will always be deep. Not much gentrification has hit Oak Park, just on the outskirts, by the Medical Center. Deep Oak Park is still Oak Park and I could never picture the FABs claiming anything but the Park. They're not some start up gang. They're a few generations deep.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » June 30th, 2008, 2:39 pm

StillNoScript wrote:I'd like to see someone from OP confirm that 4th ave is claiming Lincoln Village. That sounds impossible to me. 4th ave might not be deep but it's still Oak Park, and Oak Park overall will always be deep. Not much gentrification has hit Oak Park, just on the outskirts, by the Medical Center. Deep Oak Park is still Oak Park and I could never picture the FABs claiming anything but the Park. They're not some start up gang. They're a few generations deep.
I didn't see 4th Ave as a whole was claiming LV E/S Ru, but alot of them are hangin around the LV heads now...

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » June 30th, 2008, 2:42 pm

To add to that, the guy I was talkin to is a young head, if he's wrong he prolly don't know what he's talking on, I dunno, I've never been around that way.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 30th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Got ya. Hey, look, for real, I don't know. But I do know Oak Park as a neighborhood. There's a lot of pride in that neighborhood. And, it's still deep. So, I doubt anyone from Oak Park would ever have to tag along people from places outside of Oak Park for any kind of protection. Don't know if that's the point your homie was implying, or what. If he was, we've got to get someone from the Park in here to shed some light on this.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » June 30th, 2008, 2:48 pm

StillNoScript wrote:Got ya. Hey, look, for real, I don't know. But I do know Oak Park as a neighborhood. There's a lot of pride in that neighborhood. And, it's still deep. So, I doubt anyone from Oak Park would ever have to tag along people from places outside of Oak Park for any kind of protection. Don't know if that's the point your homie was implying, or what. If he was, we've got to get someone from the Park in here to shed some light on this.
To be honest, I dunno what he was implying by it, we were just talking on our respective hoods, and he brought up that and some other stuff. Didn't sound condescending or anything, are there any Oak Park heads on here?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 30th, 2008, 2:53 pm

I don't think so. I mean, I just started this thread like a week ago. That's why I said I was surprised there was no Oak Park thread in the Sac folder. I don't think any Bloods from Oak Park are hip to SG.com. Someone will turn up, though. When they do, the thread's here.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » June 30th, 2008, 3:02 pm

I'm actually interesting in whether my boy was on legit shit or just talking...I don't see why he'd talk down on some fellow Mu's, and I'd know for sure if LV and OP was beefing...

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » June 30th, 2008, 11:00 pm

OAK PARK NORTENOS PROBABLY STARTED IN THE EARLY 9OS.OAK PARK IS PROBABLY THE DEEPEST BLACK GANG IN SAC.THE REASON THERE IS ALOT FOOS FROM FRANKLIN BLVD IN OAK PARK IS BECAUSE THEY KICK IT OFF 36ST IN THE P.YOU ALSO HAVE 14TH AVE NORTENOS.WELL WHEN I WENT TO SAC HIGH ALL THERE WAS OAK PARK BLOODS OR NORTENOS AND VARRIO CENTRO.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 1st, 2008, 8:34 pm

Franklin Boys 14 has a click called VC 36, right? I know they had a spot called Temple Park back in the day, right there just a few blocks from the Oak Park Market. I remember when Sacramento ran that gang news special in the early '90s and interviewed some Franklin boys at that park.

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » July 1st, 2008, 11:28 pm

YA ITS CALLED VC36 ST.SOME OF THEM STILL KICK AT TEMPLE PARK.YA I DO REMEMBER WHEN THEY HAD A SPECIAL ON 5 BIGGEST GANGS IN SAC IN THE EARLY 90S.WHAT PART OF SAC WERE YOU RAISED AT?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 2nd, 2008, 12:36 am

Tahoe Park. Right by Oak Park, but nicer. No real gangs where I was at. Went to Sutter JH in early '80s then Sac in mid '80s.

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » July 2nd, 2008, 9:59 pm

I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU STAY AT.THATS WHERE 14TH AVE NORTENOS KICK SOMETIME.I WENT TO SUTTER AND SAC HIGH.MY UNCLES WENT TO SAC HIGH IN THE 80S.YOU MIGHT KNOW THEM.MY FAMILY IS ALL FROM CENTRO

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » July 5th, 2008, 6:06 pm

i've been told that oak park and meadowview bloods are enemies. i don't know if it's an old school rivalry or something new.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 6th, 2008, 1:12 am

As far as I know, Oak Park has no allies in Sac other than the Nortenos from Oak Park, and maybe some Asians. I don't know about Oak Park and Meadowview Bloods being mortal enemies or anything like that. But I'm sure they don't get along.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 6th, 2008, 1:18 am

kings wrote:I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU STAY AT.THATS WHERE 14TH AVE NORTENOS KICK SOMETIME.I WENT TO SUTTER AND SAC HIGH.MY UNCLES WENT TO SAC HIGH IN THE 80S.YOU MIGHT KNOW THEM.MY FAMILY IS ALL FROM CENTRO
Oh, I'm sure of it. Everyone knew everyone at Sac. I don't want to throw personal names out on the internet but I did know who Vincent was. I know you've heard of him.

Here's the article that was in the SacBee about him a few years ago, in case you never saw it. This is a copy of it from some police site.

http://www.policeone.com/gangs/articles ... g-Kingpin/

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » July 8th, 2008, 9:32 pm

YA EVERYONE KNEW CHENTE AND HIS BROTHER.YA WHEN I WAS GROWING UP I REMEMBER GOING TO ZAPATA PARK.WELL AS FOR OAK PARK AND THE VIEW BEEFING THEY HAVE ALWAYS HATED EACHOTHER FOR SOME REASON BUT THE BEEF ISNT THAT MUCH ANYMORE JUST LIKE HOW CENTRO AND FRANKLIN WAS.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 9th, 2008, 1:29 am

Does OPB be a lot on that CK stuff? I know a lot of a lot b's & c's are kool w/each other, but I also heard about the funk. Also heard that OPB got OBN talking about CK too. Is the temple park by Franklin? Is Franklin still the cruising spot?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 9th, 2008, 2:26 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:Does OPB be a lot on that CK stuff? I know a lot of a lot b's & c's are kool w/each other, but I also heard about the funk. Also heard that OPB got OBN talking about CK too. Is the temple park by Franklin? Is Franklin still the cruising spot?
Most of Sac's gang neighborhoods are separated by good neighborhoods. The ones that neighbor each other are usually cool with one another. There was never that Blood v. Crip, vice versa, drama here like in LA. Maybe Meadowview back in the day. Sac never had that high of a murder rate. Mostly, it was fist fights. Especially at schools, night spots, events.

Temple Park has always been a Franklin hangout. I'm sure that is Franklin territory, as Franklin has such a big territory anyway. There are people claiming BFB from Oak Park to Elk Grove. All along Franklin Blvd.

Cruising's been banned on Franklin since the '80s. It moved to Broadway. Then Broadway got shut down in the early '90s and for a brief time it went to Northgate Blvd. Like most other locales, cruising in Sac is pretty much a lost art anymore. Also, everyone, of all races, cruised Greenback in Fair Oaks in the late 80s, early '90s. Broadway and Franklin was mostly a Chicano thing, but it was packed. Every weekend.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 9th, 2008, 5:51 am

That was a good article about that dude. Was Vincent Jackson using the Norteno gang as muscle / soldiers or was he actually a member of that gang?

Also out of curiosity Vincent Jackson is not a Chicano name so was he half or was he white or black?

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » July 9th, 2008, 9:57 am

VINCENT JACKSON IS MIXED BUT IS MOSTLY MEXICAN.THAT WAS CHENTE VARRIO WHERE HE GREW UP.HE WAS THE SHOT CALLER FOR VARRIO CENTRO BUT NOT ANYMORE.YOU HAVE TONS OF YOUNGSTERS NOW IN DOWNTOWN THAT STILL CLAIM CENTRO.THIS GANG HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE THE LATE 60S EARLY 70S.AS FAR OAK PARK GOES OPN DOES BACK UP OAK PARK BLOODS BUT WHEN THEY GET LOCKED UP THE NORTENOS RUN WITH THE NORTHERNERS AND THE BLACKS RUN WITH THE BLOODS.IN THE BRANCE IN SAC ALL CRIPS AND SOUTHSIDERS DONT COME IN GENERAL POPULATION THERE MOSTLY PC

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 9th, 2008, 5:59 pm

Cold Bear wrote:That was a good article about that dude. Was Vincent Jackson using the Norteno gang as muscle / soldiers or was he actually a member of that gang?
Both, according to the article.
Also out of curiosity Vincent Jackson is not a Chicano name so was he half or was he white or black?
He's Mexican. Don't know how he wound up with that surname. He actually has a Mexican (Spanish) surname, too. I'm not going to say it though because I don't want to invade the privacy of his family members, some of whom I also know of. And, most of them aren't gang affiliated. I use Jackson because that's the name the paper used. It's public domain.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 9th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Cold Bear, correction on my part; The article only talks about him using the gang. But he was in that gang. Believe me, it's common knowledge to anyone who grew up in Sacramento proper in the '80s and '90s, and knew any homeboys.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 9th, 2008, 6:59 pm

I know sometime in the US they liked to change last names that weren't English, into English 1's.