What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Post Reply
hispanosd0
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: June 16th, 2008, 11:24 pm
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by hispanosd0 » June 17th, 2008, 12:57 pm

Near Otay Mesa

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 228
Joined: December 1st, 2006, 1:36 am
What city do you live in now?: Dago
Location: Dago

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by yardstick » July 27th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Sureno Gangs...

South San Diego=

Del Sol
Del Sol Vagos
Del Sol RC
CALS? or are they taggers?
Palm City Locos
Palm City From Hell
Palm Avenue Locos
Sidro
Sidro Villa Locos
Sidro Malos
Sidro Locotes
Iris Avenue
Dairymart Locos
South Side Diablos
Nestor 13
Nestor 19th Street
South San Diego 13

Chula Vista=

Varrio Chula Vista
West Side Locos
Varrio Loco Otay
Brandywine Locos
Brown Pride Locos

Imperial Beach=

Imperial 13
Imperial Dukes
Imperial Raskols

National City=

Old Town National City
Old Town National City Insane Boys
Old Town National City Olden Boys
Old Town National City Antiguos
National City Locos
Block Boys
Acre Boys
Mid Town Klick

Pinoy Gangs...

South San Diego=

Insane Diego Mob
Unique Boys
Four Corners of the World
Samahang Ilokano Gang

Chula Vista=

Insane Diego Mob
Unique Boys

National City

B-down Boys
Easy Going Pinoys

gatouni
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: September 6th, 2008, 2:21 pm
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by gatouni » September 6th, 2008, 3:27 pm

yardstick wrote:Sureno Gangs...

South San Diego=

Del Sol
Del Sol Vagos
Del Sol RC
CALS? or are they taggers?
Palm City Locos
Palm City From Hell
Palm Avenue Locos
Sidro
Sidro Villa Locos
Sidro Malos
Sidro Locotes
Iris Avenue
Dairymart Locos
South Side Diablos
Nestor 13
Nestor 19th Street
South San Diego 13

Chula Vista=

Varrio Chula Vista
West Side Locos
Varrio Loco Otay
Brandywine Locos
Brown Pride Locos

Imperial Beach=

Imperial 13
Imperial Dukes
Imperial Raskols

National City=

Old Town National City
Old Town National City Insane Boys
Old Town National City Olden Boys
Old Town National City Antiguos
National City Locos
Block Boys
Acre Boys
Mid Town Klick

Pinoy Gangs...

South San Diego=

Insane Diego Mob
Unique Boys
Four Corners of the World
Samahang Ilokano Gang

Chula Vista=

Insane Diego Mob
Unique Boys

National City

B-down Boys
Easy Going Pinoys

I think CALS is a gang. I see CAL 13 or CALS 13 on their tags. Some youngster told me that it means Crazy Ass Locos 13, or Crazy Ass Latinos 13. Another thing, FCW isn't around anymore. They were mixed race-not pinoy (but they did have pinoys, also blacks , whites, mexicans, peurto ricans, and samoans). Chula Vista has FBC too (Fifth Block Crazies), and I think VCV and VLO are made up of different gangs. VLO: Rasta Locos and River Bottom Locos. VCV: Nutty Boys, Grande Locos, G Street. I didn't know CV had ant Pinoy gangs.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 228
Joined: December 1st, 2006, 1:36 am
What city do you live in now?: Dago
Location: Dago

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by yardstick » September 10th, 2008, 9:08 pm

gatouni wrote:
yardstick wrote: and I think VCV and VLO are made up of different gangs. VLO: Rasta Locos and River Bottom Locos. VCV: Nutty Boys, Grande Locos, G Street. I didn't know CV had ant Pinoy gangs.
VLO and VCV are not made up of different gangs...it's more like there are seperate gangs that claim either VLO or VCV

gangs that claim Otay (VLO):

active:
RiverBottom LS
Rasta LS
13 Boys
dead:
Yatos (old school 50's to 70's)

Gangs that claim VCV:

active:
Grande LS (started in the 70's)
South Bay LS
Nutty Boys
G Street
dead:
K Street Boys (80's gang)
E Street (90's gang)
Ruthless Mexicans
Neighborhood LS
Chula Vista LS (60's and 70's)

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 228
Joined: December 1st, 2006, 1:36 am
What city do you live in now?: Dago
Location: Dago

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by yardstick » September 10th, 2008, 9:28 pm

So as far as Chula Vista goes...

Claims VCV-NBS, GLS, SBLS, GST
Otay-RBLS, RLS, 13BS

what about WSLS, are they on their own? are they around still?

and what about Fifth Block...is that a new VCV click?

any other gangs in CV? what about the Harborside neighborhood? It used to be VCV in the 70's and 80's but now it looks like there is a new gang that claims that area. I always see G's at the new park in Harborside. It seems like the CVPD is really on top of G's there. are there injunctions in CV...it looks like cholos are becomming less conspicuous.

thebasher
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 107
Joined: September 19th, 2008, 7:31 pm
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by thebasher » September 29th, 2008, 11:05 pm

how are they diff from la gangs

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 228
Joined: December 1st, 2006, 1:36 am
What city do you live in now?: Dago
Location: Dago

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by yardstick » September 30th, 2008, 10:23 pm

thebasher wrote:how are they diff from la gangs


-All established Mexican American Gangs in San Diego County are Sureno, and the cholo style here is identical to the LA cholo style. There ia no established Mara Salvatrucha here, or green light gangs (like the MV in LA). A lot of people confuse some Market Street tags for Mara Salvatrucha (Market Street sometimes uses MS13 or M13, but usually use MST, MLS, MKT, most of the time).

-The African American Bloods and Crips in SESD generally get a long with Surenos, since many neighborhoods in SESD have been multiethnic since the 1960's. For example: Logan Sureno gangs get along with West Cost Crips (I think Sherman does to) since the gangs share the same neighborhoods. Shelltown 38 and ST Gamma Boys get along with Southside Brims and Lincoln Park Bloods, since they lie side by side, and share the same neighborhoods.

I think one exclusion in SESD is Lomita Varrio 70. I think they beef with Skyline Piru big time, but I am not sure if both gangs bring racism into the beef.

Although in SBSD and Linda Vista, cholo gangs do beef with African American gangsters, and sometimes racism is brought into it. Linda Vista 13 in WSSD beefs with Linda Vista Rollin 60 Crips. LVR60 has African Americans, Asian Americans, and even some Mexican Americans in it. But LV13 will cross them out, and tag up anti African American stuff over it.

There has been a few homicides since the early 2000's, and many fights and jumpings in National City, Chula Vista, and South San Diego due to beefs with sureno gangs and African American teens claiming C or B sets from SESD. Personally I've seen one "race vs. race" rumble in Chula Vista (only about 10 on 10) near the Otay neighborhood, and it was cholos vs. African Americans. I don't even think the African Americans were claimers. They looked pure civilian to me.

There was also a new crip affiliated gang in CV that was setting up shop by Otay (I think in the area next to Otay Riverbottom). I guess they were shut down by Otay, and a gang from SSD. Supposedly a kid was killed, from the Crip gang, and a house in the area was tagged up with anti-black graffiti (N word, NK, etc....).

However, that kind of attitude in the South Bay seems to be directed solely towards African American gangsters, and not the civilians that live there. I know in LA, even civilians are targeted in certain neighborhoods, due to their ethnicity. Don't let this sway you about SBSD. There are plenty of nice multiethnic neighborhoods in NC, CV, SSD, and Imperial Beach. The South Bay is a nice area to live in, especially south NC, east CV, east SSD, and IB.

-I don't know much about the Asian gangs in SD. But it seems that they usualy claim blood or crip. Most of them repped gangs that were were not into the B/C style until the 90's. Then the old gangs started reppin C or B, and some of the newer gangs came on the scene as C or B. It used to be that EGP, BNG, BDB just were a Pinoy gang. Now they are a Blood gang. Same with UBS and BNB, but now they are crips. Some of the older Laotian and Cambodian gangs also went that route (I am probably wrong, but I think TOC was Tiny Oriental Criminals in the late 80's before it was Tiny Oriental Crips in the early 90's).

-There are Samoan and Togan gangs here too. They rep B or C too.

-Probably no Armenian American gangs here, and I dont think there are Korean or Chinese gangs in SD. But we do have Afghani American, Portuguese American, and Somalian American gangs (Afghani Family Gang (NSD), Ruff Tuff Somalians (ESSD), Tunaville Soldiers (WSSD)).

-Many gangs here cover wide areas and have a large roll call. In LA it seems that there is a different gang every other block, but their roll call might be smaller. In other words, some gangs in San Diego may cover an equivilent area in LA that has 10 gangs.

-There are a lot of tag bangers here in SD-I'm not sure if there is, or isn't, a lot of tag bangers in LA. but I am going to assume there is.

-African American gangs in San Diego rarely wallbang. That's mostly a cholo thing in SD.

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 154
Joined: September 30th, 2008, 10:51 am
What city do you live in now?: corona

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by FelonLocco » November 10th, 2008, 11:41 am

me n my homies allways had to deal with the lv13's...they make it more frustrating for us ta fight em cuz we prefer usin our fists while they use lil weapons n shit like knives,hammers,bottles u name it they use it....i hate that shit..thats why because of them i dont respect alot of mexicans for fighten fair ones

cFut
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: December 12th, 2007, 9:13 pm

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by cFut » November 10th, 2008, 10:03 pm

I always thought LVC, TOC and LV13 were cool with each other. I thought that blacks, asians and mexicans use to all roll LVC until they split into LVC, TOC and LV13? Guess not.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 228
Joined: December 1st, 2006, 1:36 am
What city do you live in now?: Dago
Location: Dago

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by yardstick » November 11th, 2008, 12:29 pm

cFut wrote:I always thought LVC, TOC and LV13 were cool with each other. I thought that blacks, asians and mexicans use to all roll LVC until they split into LVC, TOC and LV13? Guess not.
There used to be two multiethnic gangs in Linda Vista during the 1970's/80's. One was the Insane Family Gang (IFG...AKA: Linda Vista Family, Linda Vista Insane Family), and the other one was the Morely Street Boys. This is what I know of the break up of the Insane Family Gang (FelonLocco can school me on this if I way off)=

Members started catching cases in the late 70's and early 80's. Once they hit DOC, members had to fall in line with with their respective ethnic counterparts in the pen. When older heads got out in the early 80's, they brought that attitude with them to the streets.

Linda Vista Crips and Tiny Oriental Crips were formed when the ex-cons came back out to the streets. The youngsters in the Insane Family Gang that were African American or Cambodian American clicked up with either LVC or TOC depending on their ethnicities. The Mexican Americans that were in the Insane Family Gang clicked up with Varrio Linda Vista, and Linda Vista 13 was born.

And about the Morely Street Boys...i guess that just died off. Although, there is supposedly a subset of LV13 called Morely Street. Maybe its roots go back to the Morley Street Boys. When I was young, LVC was predominantly African American with a few Asian Americans. Now, I hear that it is truly multiethnic, and there are many Asian Americans it, as well as some Mexican Americans.

Linda Vista and Morena also had two other gangs in the 60's and 70's, but I don't know much about them. They were both Mexican American- Night Owls and Tecolotes (or maybe they were the same gang).

On another note...there was another gang called Insane Family (IF) in South San Diego during the late 80's/early 90's. That Insane Family was not associated with the Insane Family Gang of Linda Vista. If I remember right, that gang was actually a confederacy of three other gangs in South San Diego....FCW, IDM, and S3P. I remeber seeing "FCWxIF," "IDMxIF, " and "FCWxIDMxS3PxIF" hit ups in 1989 between Iris Ave and Beyer Blvd, and Iris Ave and 27th Street, in SSD.

A similar fate happened with FCW...it used to be multiethnic (Whites, Blacks, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Pinoys, Samoans)...but state time for many heads in FCW broke up the multiethnic gang. FCW ended up a prdominantly pinoy gang before it died off in the late 90's. The African Americans ended up moving to SESD after DOC time, and clicking up with crip gangs (W/C and N/H), or dropping out of FCW all together. The Mexican Americans started Iris Avenue 13, and the pinoys kept repping FCW for a while. And about Iris Avenue 13....i've seen IAxIF (Iris Avenue Insane Family) hit ups. I guess thats a throw back to the FCW days? Or is it a sub click of IA13? I know that IDM's hood is down in that area. Are IA13 and IDM are confederates now?

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 154
Joined: September 30th, 2008, 10:51 am
What city do you live in now?: corona

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by FelonLocco » November 12th, 2008, 9:13 am

yes! its coo to see some ppl know the truth about lv..everyone usually says they were allways weak. but yeah thats entirley true. there's still alot of mexicans in lvc...n yeah its true no one claims morley street anymore.
n to answer that other guys question yeah lv13 n lvc got along b4 but shits changed n the young gangsta got into eventually.
now they fued like a mothafucca!

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 228
Joined: December 1st, 2006, 1:36 am
What city do you live in now?: Dago
Location: Dago

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by yardstick » November 12th, 2008, 9:43 pm

Yeah...i never understood why people think LV13, TOC, and LVC are weak. Amybe they think west side=upscale neighborhoods, but there are some gritty ass spots in Linda Vista, and Clairemont. And those sopts are where all the G's are at. Those gangs are always active and banging !!! LV13 got slapped with an injuction a few years ago...an usually that doesen't happen unless a gang is getting way out of control. If they aren't banging against each other (LV13 vs. LVC and TOC) they are always banging on another set from the West Side, SESD, or Mira Mesa. I've seen some hard ass gangsters from LV13 and LVC-all tatted up or flying rags. You would think that they came out of SESD or the South Bay.

BTW-what's up with the Birdland Mob? Are they a real set? I heard that they kick it with LVC.

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 154
Joined: September 30th, 2008, 10:51 am
What city do you live in now?: corona

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by FelonLocco » November 13th, 2008, 11:49 am

naw birdland mob aint gettin no luv from anybody as far as im concerenced..we only coo with the crips from the southeast and only them.

SHOOTER
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: August 10th, 2009, 1:54 pm
What city do you live in now?: SAN DIEGO

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by SHOOTER » August 10th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Let me clear some shit up for every one who was never even there. First off FCW INSANE FAMILYwas in control of SouthSide and everone around at that time knows it. INSANE FAMILY was FCW's and nobody else's. Everyone who was their nuts did whatever they could to use the name so nobody else would try to fu-- with them. Did they die off?? Never. They only elevated their game and branched out into other endevours. SDPD and ATF will certainlly testify to that. MID 90's it took a turn. The chicanos from FCW realized they were the ones who were the truestest to SouthSide and were rising. Gangsters with nothing else on their moind but power and money. Problem was that too many people along with their brothers,m sisters and cousins were all trying to join. There became no way to seperate the real from the rest. The time came when the homies had to leave it all behind. With all the politics and homies in prison, no one knew which homies were good and which needed to be clipped. The decision was made from within prison that IRIS AVENUE was the best way to resolve the matter. FCW always stood on its own against all odds and had nothing but enemies from all around, but one thing could not be denied....They could always be found on IRIS AVENUE. Only a select few were allowed represent the AVE and even fewer were permitted to wear the tatoo. The result was tighter control of Southside and better recognition of which homies are respected amongst themselves. Many were discarded which only left the truest of gangsters standing. All for good reason. The first click was IRIS AVENUE LOKOS which were the older ones who ran with FCW and other heads who met their criteria to roll, however not all were allowed to wear a tatoo. Once Southside realized IRIS was here to stay and had received blessings from prison, the LOKOS solitified the area by sweeping all the garbage and removing all weak personnel from the area. Once they did so, a new faction was introduced. IRIS AVENUE has introduced its next generation which is known as "INSANE FAMILIA". Though their actual numbers are unknown, it is believed IRIS AVE has already established their next click and continues to branch into other areas of activity. It is unknown what became of those who were still claiming FCW, but their presence is no longer seen, felt or heard of in Southside. Many believe IRIS AVENUE informed the remainig members that their best self interest was early retirement. What is known, is that IRIS AVENUE continues to be highly active and has now placed a choke hold on their area. That's what happened to FCW and some info on IRIS. I know because I live in their neighborhood and still talk to a few of them when I see them. I can tell you IRIS got a gang of homies in their mid 30' still representing like it was still 1989.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4120
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: What kind of gangs are there in southern San Diego?

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 8th, 2009, 10:47 pm

SHOOTER wrote:Let me clear some shit up for every one who was never even there. First off FCW INSANE FAMILYwas in control of SouthSide and everone around at that time knows it. INSANE FAMILY was FCW's and nobody else's. Everyone who was their nuts did whatever they could to use the name so nobody else would try to fu-- with them. Did they die off?? Never. They only elevated their game and branched out into other endevours. SDPD and ATF will certainlly testify to that. MID 90's it took a turn. The chicanos from FCW realized they were the ones who were the truestest to SouthSide and were rising. Gangsters with nothing else on their moind but power and money. Problem was that too many people along with their brothers,m sisters and cousins were all trying to join. There became no way to seperate the real from the rest. The time came when the homies had to leave it all behind. With all the politics and homies in prison, no one knew which homies were good and which needed to be clipped. The decision was made from within prison that IRIS AVENUE was the best way to resolve the matter. FCW always stood on its own against all odds and had nothing but enemies from all around, but one thing could not be denied....They could always be found on IRIS AVENUE. Only a select few were allowed represent the AVE and even fewer were permitted to wear the tatoo. The result was tighter control of Southside and better recognition of which homies are respected amongst themselves. Many were discarded which only left the truest of gangsters standing. All for good reason. The first click was IRIS AVENUE LOKOS which were the older ones who ran with FCW and other heads who met their criteria to roll, however not all were allowed to wear a tatoo. Once Southside realized IRIS was here to stay and had received blessings from prison, the LOKOS solitified the area by sweeping all the garbage and removing all weak personnel from the area. Once they did so, a new faction was introduced. IRIS AVENUE has introduced its next generation which is known as "INSANE FAMILIA". Though their actual numbers are unknown, it is believed IRIS AVE has already established their next click and continues to branch into other areas of activity. It is unknown what became of those who were still claiming FCW, but their presence is no longer seen, felt or heard of in Southside. Many believe IRIS AVENUE informed the remainig members that their best self interest was early retirement. What is known, is that IRIS AVENUE continues to be highly active and has now placed a choke hold on their area. That's what happened to FCW and some info on IRIS. I know because I live in their neighborhood and still talk to a few of them when I see them. I can tell you IRIS got a gang of homies in their mid 30' still representing like it was still 1989.
Ese SHOOTER, ^ ^ that up there is some history. Few today would dispute the effectiveness of VIA
I know for sure Raza from Sidro have felt the wrath
I know Iris Av is indisputably it's own turf north of the 905
I can't say that I know nor remember FCW..
I must of missed those times, since I'm not from SS'SD
But what I do know.. what I do remember vividly..
is that VIA goes back a decade before 1989

VIA goes back to when the trolley line was built..
as far as I remember!

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - West Coast - U.S.A.”