I want to talk to gang members in Corona

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
MissL
What city do you live in now?: typical suburb

I want to talk to gang members in Corona

Unread post by MissL » March 9th, 2009, 1:37 am

ok So heres the deal. I'm a girl who knows very little about gangs, but I'm interested in how they work, and the people that are in them. If I know a park where gang members hang out, and if i go up to talk to them, would they talk to me? I don't wanna make anyone mad by being nosey-but I'm really curious and would like to talk more. I also like to take pictures, do you think they would mind me taking a couple pictures of them just hanging out? Also do I need to go with a friend or is it ok to go by myself to talk to them? If anyone has any advice I'd really like to hear it! thanks. =)

riverside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: the dukes

Re: I got a Question

Unread post by riverside » March 9th, 2009, 2:06 am

wheres this park at?

MissL

Unread post by MissL » March 9th, 2009, 2:07 am

theres a couple parks in Corona that i think are hang outs

riverside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by riverside » March 9th, 2009, 2:11 am

ya i dont think you should just walk up to a bunch of guys you think are gangbangers. they might not do nothing to you, but i doubt they will answer your questions or take you seriously. theyll probably think your a cop or something.

MissL

Unread post by MissL » March 9th, 2009, 2:16 am

so do you have to be "in" to talk to people?

Is there anything I could say so that I don't come off as a cop lol

riverside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by riverside » March 9th, 2009, 2:20 am

i wouldnt say "in"..lol. maybe just know someone from there personally. i think maybe if ya see someone by themselves...but what questions do you have?

MissL

Unread post by MissL » March 9th, 2009, 2:23 am

honestly, (ok you gonna laugh) but I'd love to have coffee and just ask a thousand questions. lol. How do you get in the gang, how do you move up, is it true that that the bottom rank gang members are called soldiers, does the gang sell drugs, how much do drugs sell for (I've never done any drugs), can you get out of the gang once ur in.....and so on. lol.

riverside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by riverside » March 9th, 2009, 2:27 am

MissL wrote:honestly, (ok you gonna laugh) but I'd love to have coffee and just ask a thousand questions. lol. How do you get in the gang, how do you move up, is it true that that the bottom rank gang members are called soldiers, does the gang sell drugs, how much do drugs sell for (I've never done any drugs), can you get out of the gang once ur in.....and so on. lol.
those are understandable questions. alot of people dont know bout the life. those are common questions. most of the answers are kinda common knowledge though. you might not have to ask someone from a gang to get those answered...

joker69
What city do you live in now?: Zurich

Unread post by joker69 » March 9th, 2009, 6:55 am

I have almost the same plans as you, but i don't want to aks some gang bangers questions. I think it's to dangerous when you don't know a banger in person. They can think that you want to provocate them or you are a cop or something. It's a very interesting idea to talk with some active gang members, but be carefull. You don't no how they react.
Do you know ross kemp? You can watch ross kemp on gangs "los angeles" on youtube, or gangland. There you get all answers.

Greets Andres

riverside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by riverside » March 9th, 2009, 2:05 pm

joker69 wrote:I have almost the same plans as you, but i don't want to aks some gang bangers questions. I think it's to dangerous when you don't know a banger in person. They can think that you want to provocate them or you are a cop or something. It's a very interesting idea to talk with some active gang members, but be carefull. You don't no how they react.
Do you know ross kemp? You can watch ross kemp on gangs "los angeles" on youtube, or gangland. There you get all answers.

Greets Andres

man..dont tell people to watch that BS...ross kemp dont know shit...

joker69
What city do you live in now?: Zurich

Unread post by joker69 » March 9th, 2009, 3:57 pm

riverside wrote:
joker69 wrote:I have almost the same plans as you, but i don't want to aks some gang bangers questions. I think it's to dangerous when you don't know a banger in person. They can think that you want to provocate them or you are a cop or something. It's a very interesting idea to talk with some active gang members, but be carefull. You don't no how they react.

Greets Andres

yes don't know. it was only an example. History channel made some good documentarys (imo). The best is to read one of the following book:

> east side storys
> once a king always a king
> gang intelligence manual
> the republic of east l.a
> always running
> monster
> gangbangers

I think this is a good start to get an overview. But you are right (riverside). You can't learn the hole things from books and documentarys. I think the best is you go into the streets and talk to somebody...but that is not easy. When i visiting la in june/july i go into the streets, but i don't have the opportunity to talk to someone.

riverside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by riverside » March 9th, 2009, 5:58 pm

joker69 wrote:
riverside wrote:

Greets Andres

yes don't know. it was only an example. History channel made some good documentarys (imo). The best is to read one of the following book:

> east side storys
> once a king always a king
> gang intelligence manual
> the republic of east l.a
> always running
> monster
> gangbangers

I think this is a good start to get an overview. But you are right (riverside). You can't learn the hole things from books and documentarys. I think the best is you go into the streets and talk to somebody...but that is not easy. When i visiting la in june/july i go into the streets, but i don't have the opportunity to talk to someone.
i wasnt sayin all docs and books are bad to get info from....just ross kemp. that one he did about la was wack...but the best way is to talk to someone...maybe not directly fro the streets.