U.B.N IN Seattle & Tacoma

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

U.B.N IN Seattle & Tacoma

Unread post by Hell » May 3rd, 2009, 5:49 am

I heard their alot of niggaz & samoans in Seattle and tacoma reppin the UBN in the state of washington,is this true of false?

theken206
What city do you live in now?: seattle

Re: U.B.N IN Seattle & Tacoma

Unread post by theken206 » May 3rd, 2009, 7:17 am

I know some UBN peeps,its true bust most of those cats are older now {30s} and shit and dont really be banging.

FOR EX-GANG LEADER, RED AND BLUE DIDN'T ALWAYS MAKE LIFE COLORFUL
By Steven Goldsmith P-I Reporter
Thursday, January 28, 1993
Section: News, Page: A1

The allure of gangs has dissolved into this: a metal bed in an 8-foot by 10-foot cell, days spent clearing plates for 80 cents an hour, lights out at 9 p.m.

Apaisa ``Junior" Maile Jr., 20, has plenty of time to think about what went wrong while he serves a two-year term at the Washington Corrections Center.

``There's only two choices of where you'll go if you're in a gang: here, or six feet under," says the former Seattle gang leader. ``I haven't even had a life. I want to have kids and a family."

He is lucky to still have the chance. As the founder of a gang chapter called United Blood Nation, Maile narrowly escaped numerous sniper attacks from rival Crips. He walks around with a .44-caliber bullet lodged near his knee.

``He knows what hell is like," says Betty Patu, director of the Seattle School District's South Pacific Islander Dropout Prevention Program, who gets weekly phone calls from Maile in prison.

Hell takes many forms. At Christmas, when his former partners snubbed him because he was turning from gangs, Maile took a razor blade and tried to scratch out one of his gang tattoos. All that accomplished was an ugly scar over the letters ``CK" (Crip Killer) that are emblazoned on the skin between his thumb and forefinger.

His other tattoos proclaim ``Joker" (his gang nickname), ``Lok" (for loco, or crazy) and ``SOS" (Sons of Samoa).

``If I ever get a job, they'll always ask, `What's CK stand for?"' he says.

As strange as gang symbols might seem to some future employer, they have been Maile's frame of reference for half his life.

Born in Hawaii to Samoan parents, he moved to the San Francisco Bay area and at age 12 got ``jumped," or attacked, by a group of Bloods offended by his blue clothing (Bloods wear predominantly red clothing, Crips blue).

``For some reason, that made me want to join," Maile says. ``I was so impressed by everything they had - cars and girls and everything."

They got money from selling crack and doing favors for older gang members, such as beating up an enemy.

Maile stayed in school, mainly to play football. Gangbanging was his nighttime occupation.

His first gun was a .38 Special, a gift from a friend. Maile found himself in shoot-outs ``every other day," he said. After getting hit in the leg by a bullet, he was sent to live with his dad, who had moved to Seattle.

``I was picturing Seattle as close to heaven - the Space Needle and everything," he says. ``I figured I'd go up there and play football. I figured Seattle probably got no gangs."

He figured wrong.

At Ballard High School, Maile's ``Crip Killer" tattoo prompted a group of Crips to jump him.

After that, Maile became the quintessential big-time ``California gangster," forming his own chapter of the United Blood Nation, a group founded in Los Angeles.

Maile was surprised at how fast gang fever spread among local youths. ``In California, they choose the people they want in the gang," he says. ``Here, it's like an ad in the newspaper. Everybody wants to be involved."

Samoans, Filipinos, whites and Hispanics joined, swelling the ranks.

The main order of business was hanging out at South Shore Park on Lake Washington and ``shooting at black gangs," he said. Maile and his friends would buy guns from Vietnamese and Cambodian gangs from Tacoma, then use them on any hostile Crips who challenged them.

But the thrill was starting to fade.

Maile got tired of repeated trips to juvenile detention. He was about to graduate from Rainier Beach High School and move on, he says, when he was attacked by a carload of Crips while walking home from a party.

Maile wrestled a gun from an attacker - in self-defense, he says.

But with his lengthy record, Maile was sentenced to two years of prison for assault with a deadly weapon.

His cellmate at Shelton is a Crip from Tacoma. The feud between the rival gangs seems pointless to Maile now.

``Crips, Bloods ... it's all stupid," he says. ``I don't know who created those colors. It ain't no difference. Before, it was like, `Crips, man, I hate Crips."'

He wants to become a counselor to steer kids from gangs. A crucial recent step was earning his high school diploma in prison.

``This kid has really shown a lot of progress," says Patu. ``He's gone in and out of the slammer so many times, it's given him time to think."

Maile thinks counselors should forget about the veteran gang members and concentrate on 10-to-12-year-olds.

``A lot of people think kids in gangs are bad," Maile says. ``It's just that they get so much attention there."

He will tell the youngsters about prison, how someone is always telling you what to do. He will speak about the nine or 10 young men he grew up with who are dead.

``I want to help get gang violence to stop in Seattle," he adds. ``Instead of being a role model as a gang leader, I want to be another type of role model."

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Unread post by 353 » May 20th, 2009, 11:56 am

Hell wrote:I heard their alot of niggaz & samoans in Seattle and tacoma reppin the UBN in the state of washington,is this true of false?
That UBN was some youngstaz and that was a while back

OuTcAsT2SSC
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: oceanside

Unread post by OuTcAsT2SSC » January 28th, 2010, 6:17 pm

that cat never stopped banging. I know cuz that cat shot me one day we was in renton at coulon beach or how ever you spell that shit. I was there with like 4 other homies loc'd up flaggin an all. when we got in the car to leave. my homie hit that cat up and he pulled up beside up and dumped on us and i was hit in the mid section. Im back in cali but i remeber a day they was puttin in work. I also got stabbed by a UBN his name was D-LOK i never did tell the police who it was. I feel no hatred tords them as i dumped on cats too. I know am inactive and understand its all the same just different side of the fence.